Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,812 members, 7,802,615 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:22 PM

Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... (49100 Views)

How Easy Is Life For Nigerians (or Non-eu) In Germany / How's Life For Nigerians In Germany / Spain: How Is Life For Nigerians Over There? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by onatisi(m): 7:28am On Oct 14, 2014
jigga40:
Ok good, pls can you come on 2014 DV thread or Visaofficer's so as to get first hand info from people who have gone thru this Visaofficer works with US embassy in Nigeria you know?
ok
Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by justwise(m): 7:30am On Oct 14, 2014
adconline:

Common sense is not common on NL. How easy to change your Biodata on WAEC/JAMB/INEC?

Some believe so much in fairy tails and you dare not question such believe.

1 Like

Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by jigga40(m): 7:31am On Oct 14, 2014
onatisi:
ok
Nice one bro instead of arguing unnecessarily!
Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by jigga40(m): 7:33am On Oct 14, 2014
justwise:

Some believe so much in fairy tails and you dare not question such believe.

Oga come to 2014 DV thread or VO's
lets trash this out in a simple manner instead of hiding on here!!!
Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by justwise(m): 7:54am On Oct 14, 2014
jigga40:
Oga come to 2014 DV thread or VO's
lets trash this out in a simple manner instead of hiding on here!!!

Dude give it a rest, there is no point trying to force some hookworms down my throat, i have my doubt about the initial story and i have made that clear. I also don't believe your view that one can change DOB, name etc after winning and the official link has supported that.

Move on and believe what you believe, lets agree to disagree.
Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by jigga40(m): 8:02am On Oct 14, 2014
justwise:

Dude give it a rest, there is no point trying to force some hookworms down my throat, i have my doubt about the initial story and i have made that clear. I also don't believe your view that one can change DOB, name etc after winning and the official link has supported that.

Move on and believe what you believe, lets agree to disagree.
Alright then no biggie.....
peace!
Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by blank(f): 9:29am On Oct 14, 2014
justwise:

I don't believe that details in photo album is good enough to be used by a total stranger to apply for visa lottery.

Let assume for a moment that it contains individual's full name and age but the age format can not be in dd/mm/yyy format which is needed for visa lottery application.

Again... how will you scan picture taken from an album then re-size it and it still maintain the original qualities suitable for US visa lottery?

Oh the album is very detailed. Date of birth is something like 1st January 2014. About the picture thingy, i am not tech savvy so i don't know. However, the pics are usually passport pictures.

Maybe, why i am prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt is because i heard something like that happened to a former classmate of mine. At the time, i laughed at the story and dismissed it as coming from someone who has refused to tell the truth. However, that guy said he paid 300k and is now in US.

1 Like

Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by justwise(m): 9:57am On Oct 14, 2014
blank:

Oh the album is very detailed. Date of birth is something like 1st January 2014. About the picture thingy, i am not tech savvy so i don't know. However, the pics are usually passport pictures.

Maybe, why i am prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt is because i heard something like that happened to a former classmate of mine. At the time, i laughed at the story and dismissed it as coming from someone who has refused to tell the truth. However, that guy said he paid 300k and is now in US.

Scanned pictures doesn't retain the original quality and will be rejected if used for visa lottery.

1.Yes people do approach an agents to play on their behalf and when they win the agent charge them for it but i don't believe that a complete stranger got all your details from a photo album and play on your behalf.

2.People also fraudulently get paired with a genuine winner by an agent while the fake winner pay the agent and the winner. They would't tell people the real story.

2 Likes

Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by blank(f): 9:58am On Oct 14, 2014
justwise:

Scanned pictures doesn't retain the original quality and will be rejected if used for visa lottery.

1.Yes people do approach an agents to play on their behalf and when they win the agent charge them for it but i don't believe that a complete stranger got all your details from a photo album and play on your behalf.

2.People also fraudulently get paired with a genuine winner by an agent while the fake winner pay the agent and the winner. They would't tell people the real story.

That's very true and makes more sense.

1 Like

Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by adconline(m): 12:11pm On Oct 14, 2014
jigga40:
Ok good, pls can you come on 2014 DV thread or Visaofficer's so as to get first hand info from people who have gone thru this Visaofficer works with US embassy in Nigeria you know?
Can you post the link where V/O tacked change of DOB? Name is different, but DOB is constant.
Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by jigga40(m): 1:59pm On Oct 14, 2014
adconline:

Can you post the link where V/O tacked change of DOB? Name is different, but DOB is constant.
I can't remember the pages exactly and you know nairaland lost data few months ago so i can't pinpoint the exact page!You can just read it tru @ ur own time just to educate yourself!

lemme break it down to you how this works....After you av bin randomly selected for further processing I.e winning the lottery,(This is after the initial entry)

The next thing is to fill forms called ds 230 and 122 which is to b sent back to KCC. at this stage you are entitled to make corrections on whatever mistake you made on the initial entry eg DOB,PLACE OF BIRTH,NAME ETC ETC! The new forms with the correct infos will be added to your case/file immediately it get there and this is what they will reckon with @ the embassy because you have made corrections or adjustments!

After visa approval @ the embassy, the DOB,NAME,PLACE OF BIRTH etc etc on your visa/your info on their record will definitely be the right one you corrected/adjusted and not the same one on the initial entry!

Your infos will be changed according to the last one you updated before your interview....This happened to some pple on 2014 dv thread and VO can also confirm this too!

1 Like

Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by adconline(m): 3:06pm On Oct 14, 2014
jigga40:
I can't remember the pages exactly and you know nairaland lost data few months ago so i can't pinpoint the exact page!You can just read it tru @ ur own time just to educate yourself!

lemme break it down to you how this works....After you av bin randomly selected for further processing I.e winning the lottery,(This is after the initial entry)

The next thing is to fill forms called ds 230 and 122 which is to b sent back to KCC. at this stage you are entitled to make corrections on whatever mistake you made on the initial entry eg DOB,PLACE OF BIRTH,NAME ETC ETC! The new forms with the correct infos will be added to your case/file immediately it get there and this is what they will reckon with @ the embassy because you have made corrections or adjustments!

After visa approval @ the embassy, the DOB,NAME,PLACE OF BIRTH etc etc on your visa/your info on their record will definitely be the right one you corrected/adjusted and not the same one on the initial entry!

Your infos will be changed according to the last one you updated before your interview....This happened to some pple on 2014 dv thread and VO can also confirm this too!
You are on your own.. You can't change DOB! "You want believe your own hype, but it's so untrue".. Lupe Fiasco
Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by Babakenny(m): 3:07pm On Oct 14, 2014
And there's a new form now DS 260. The old form DS230 and DS122 had been abolished.

And for the record, I was with someone that won DV 2015 some minutes ago (here in South Africa) and is correcting the DOB of his wife and that of his last son and will send the updated info to KCC via email cos everything is now being submitted online unlike before where winners have to send them thru postal mail.

So guys guys, YOU CAN CHANGE YOUR BIOGRAPHICAL INFO WHILE FILLING THE DS260 FORM AND SENDING THE UPDATED INFO TO KCC BEFORE YOUR INTERVIEW IS SCHEDULED. YOU CANNOT HOWEVER CHANGED YOUR INFO WHEN YOU HAVE SUBMITTED YOUR IMMIGRANT FORM TO KCC AND YOUR CASE IS CURRENT. YOU MAY HOWEVER ADD NEW EVENT SUCH AS WHEN YOU HAVE A NEW CHILD OR GOT MARRIED!!

Please let's not argue about this further or call each other names. Its not worth it guys. Its not. Let's embrace peace. Shalom!

3 Likes

Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by jigga40(m): 5:04pm On Oct 14, 2014
adconline:

You are on your own.. You can't change DOB! "You want believe your own hype, but it's so untrue".. Lupe Fiasco
Peace! I av tried ma best to get you educated on this, sorry noting more i can do. The truth will always be the TRUTH!!!

1 Like

Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by jigga40(m): 5:06pm On Oct 14, 2014
Babakenny:
And there's a new form now DS 260. The old form DS230 and DS122 had been abolished.

And for the record, I was with someone that won DV 2015 some minutes ago (here in South Africa) and is correcting the DOB of his wife and that of his last son and will send the updated info to KCC via email cos everything is now being submitted online unlike before where winners have to send them thru postal mail.

So guys guys, YOU CAN CHANGE YOUR BIOGRAPHICAL INFO WHILE FILLING THE DS260 FORM AND SENDING THE UPDATED INFO TO KCC BEFORE YOUR INTERVIEW IS SCHEDULED. YOU CANNOT HOWEVER CHANGED YOUR INFO WHEN YOU HAVE SUBMITTED YOUR IMMIGRANT FORM TO KCC AND YOUR CASE IS CURRENT. YOU MAY HOWEVER ADD NEW EVENT SUCH AS WHEN YOU HAVE A NEW CHILD OR GOT MARRIED!!

Please let's not argue about this further or call each other names. Its not worth it guys. Its not. Let's embrace peace. Shalom!
They will still argue and tell you its a lie!

OMG!!! Nairalanders are worst than Thomas!

2 Likes

Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by Babakenny(m): 5:13pm On Oct 14, 2014
You know sometimes I do relax and just read comments. it doesn't make sense arguing over nothing. We are here to benefit from each other's experiences. I need to worry more about being close to 40yrs old and I still haven't been listed on the world's most achieved individual.
So I would rather ponder more on being successful and learn than to despise other people.
By the way! Ya'll invited to my coming 40th bday in 3yrs time, lol.
See you at the other side!

2 Likes

Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by Babakenny(m): 5:27pm On Oct 14, 2014
Another thing is, Nigerian mentality is too difficult. We seems difficult to accept and believe our own, but rather accept a white skin's stories be it true or false.

The reality is, when you start living abroad, your orientation changes and the way you look at things changes with time to the way someone that lives in Nigeria thinks.

I have been to several of the world's biggest cities and I've seen how different they handle things to the way Nigerians handles.

So we have to change our orientations and learn to be assertive in our ways of dealing with issues.

Pls guys, let's represent ourselves and to tell you, am going to have a dinner with a Nairalander in San Francisco in some coming weeks. So if we develop hatred for ourselves, how then can we meet or at least assist each other with some personal issues?

Let's think guys. Enough of arguement my colleagues.

3 Likes

Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by Gbabe2: 5:40pm On Oct 14, 2014
mattkelly:
Daddy Justwise,why do you like to do like this naa..Am not supporting the Guy,but you should know before anybody that Data can be collated from Year book etc.I have a year book of students of Osun state university in my living roon as i write.A friend has being scooping and calling the numbers of the ladies in the book..They've got their numbers,addresses,Pin's etc there,so daddy justwise,any body can get ur info with that and use it.So Boda justwise..No dey do gra gra ohh..And by the way,we suppose dey pet u,or else una go wan dey vex nii...Our Daddy,our mummy,our Pastor,our Imam,our G.O..Even na you get Nairaland sef,Seun don sell am to you..Abi i lie nii? cool cool cool

Its so sad when you read some stuffs and people display their ignorance.
You cant change your DOB through KCC or at the embassy and scale through the lottery process.Never!!!!Someone can get some of your information thru the year book and apply for you but i am so sure that the person will give you all those information which can either enable you to adjust to whatever details he might have used earlier. Guys, JB will not tell you guys in details what actually hapenned but his story can be genuine. Quote my anywhere, DOB is one of the most important safeguard built around the lotterry process by (KCC).
I was also a lottery winner and i know what i am saying.
Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by Gbabe2: 5:45pm On Oct 14, 2014
Justwise......... Its true scanned pictures does not retain the quality but that was what i used for my wifes application. I even used the one she took four years earlier. but that DOB change as a primary applicant...... i doubt it as well

justwise:

1 Like

Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by Gbabe2: 5:47pm On Oct 14, 2014
Abi now..... i wonder how all of a sudden you forgot your DOB.

adconline:
Change of DOB Seriously?? Sounds like Fraud!!
Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by Gbabe2: 5:49pm On Oct 14, 2014
But not DOB. If you do as a primary applicant....... i am sure that person wont scale through.
jigga40:
Mr you are so wrong! you can still adjust some infos after the initial entry!
Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by charzyh2: 6:05pm On Oct 14, 2014
Gbabe2:
But not DOB. If you do as a primary applicant....... i am sure that person wont scale through.
please, you guys have got to stop this blind argument and go back to the topic. Afterall, the tale teller ain't here any more.

2 Likes

Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by justwise(m): 6:10pm On Oct 14, 2014
Babakenny:

Which year lottery is your friend processing now? The one that ended last month or which one?

1 Like

Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by Babakenny(m): 6:37pm On Oct 14, 2014
justwise:

Which year lottery is your friend processing now? The one that ended last month or which one?

He's processing DV 2015 that he played last year 2013. He's a white South African citizen.

1 Like

Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by Babakenny(m): 6:41pm On Oct 14, 2014
@Justwise,

I did mentioned it that he was processing the DV 2015 that he won. Infact you quoted me with the bolded phrase. Didn't you read it well or what? And you're still asking me which year he played? Na wa for u oooo Justwise>

2 Likes

Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by onatisi(m): 6:44pm On Oct 14, 2014
Babakenny:

abeg stop lying! I have folks who won the dv even when ppl were submitting paper application. Do u know that the paper application you submit was used to crosscheck every single other detail you provide afterwards and any discrepancy will automatically nulify that application and even then during the interview u will be asked to sign and the signature must match the one u used when submitting. And now that they are using online application it is stated very clearly and boldly on the dv site that you should be careful when filling the online form because you can't change it afterwards. Every single detail must correspond with what you used initially, If kcc allows dob change ,then why should they ask of it in the first place? People with their funny stories
Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by Babakenny(m): 6:45pm On Oct 14, 2014
@Justwise,

Maybe i should explain more.

If you won DV 2014, it means you actually entered for the lottery in OCT 2012. If you play DV 2015, you actually entered for it in OCT 2013.
Do you understand my simple explanation?

3 Likes

Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by Babakenny(m): 6:48pm On Oct 14, 2014
onatisi:
abeg stop lying! I have folks who won the dv even when ppl were submitting paper application. Do u know that the paper application you submit was used to crosscheck every single other detail you provide afterwards and any discrepancy will automatically nulify that application. And now that they are using online application it is stated very clearly and boldly on the dv site that you should be careful when filling the online form because you can't change it afterwards. If kcc allows dob change ,then why should they ask of it in the first place? People with their funny stories

Let me ask you.. HAVE YOU EVER PLAYED AND WON DV LOTTERY?
HAVE YOU EVER WRITTEN AN EMAIL TO KCC STATING YOUR REASONS OF SOMETHING YOU NEED TO CORRECT?

If you cant answer those questions< then please keep quite and allow people to hear word. Besides, Nigeria is no longer qualify to play. You can play only if you come from an eligible country of which i know you're not. So allow people who want to benefit to do so.

1 Like

Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by adconline(m): 6:48pm On Oct 14, 2014
Naija mentality of endless argument without backing it up with facts. It's always 2nd or third person Experience .. I know someone that knows someone BS story. It's on US embassy website that you can't change your DOB, but can change your name with court affidavit. Provide something to the contrary. You have nothing to back ur argument up. Just because Naija is peopled by folks who believe that someone can turn to vulture, goat, bird, snake etc doesn't make it right. Just because someone is telling us that he can chage or upgrade our WAEC or JAMB doesn't make it righ. Common senses tells us otherwise, but we would hope for a different outcome.. miracle!

2 Likes

Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by Babakenny(m): 6:51pm On Oct 14, 2014
@Onatisi,

Mind you, it's not only Nigerians that reads on Nairaland. So many other nationals learns from this site. So please just listen when people with real life experiences tells you something they've gone thru and succeed.

1 Like

Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by onatisi(m): 6:54pm On Oct 14, 2014
Babakenny:

Let me ask you.. HAVE YOU EVER PLAYED AND WON DV LOTTERY?
HAVE YOU EVER WRITTEN AN EMAIL TO KCC STATING YOUR REASONS OF SOMETHING YOU NEED TO CORRECT?

If you cant answer those questions< then please keep quite and allow people to hear word. Besides, Nigeria is no longer qualify to play. You can play only if you come from an eligible country of which i know you're not. So allow people who want to benefit to do so.
abeg keep quiet and stop making a fool of urself ,show us an official link from the us official website that states that you can change ur dob after dv entry submission ?abeg use ur brains naaa . So u mean you can use a different dob on ur passpoort and another on ur normal visa form and tell the VO ,that there was a mistake ? Read through my lines and you will see I gave u first hand experience information of how the thing is done even during dv interview

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Woman Crashes Her Toyota Land Cruiser On Lagos Bridge, Blocks Half Of Road. PICS / Anambra Student On Excursion Drowns In Ebonyi River (Photos) / Lagos In 1960

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.