Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,790 members, 7,802,490 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:27 PM

Why Are Most Christians Stingy When It Comes To Church Offerings? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are Most Christians Stingy When It Comes To Church Offerings? (11261 Views)

Cash Crunch: Tithes, Offerings Drop In Churches / "Stop Giving Offerings In Redeemed Churches If....." - Pastor Adeboye / Worshippers Beat A Man To Death For Stealing Church Offerings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Most Christians Stingy When It Comes To Church Offerings? by hillaryokpe: 5:34pm On Oct 06, 2013
pls i wnt us 2 grab sumtin rite we r nt givin oferings or tithe 2 pastors bt 2 d GOD. MOST OF US AV GOT D MENTALITY DAT WE R GIVIN 2 D PASTOR DAT IS Y WE CNT GIV QUALITY OFERIN. LORD TEACH N OPEN OUR UNDASTANDIN 2WADS GIVIN. WE CAN READ 'MALACHI 3
Re: Why Are Most Christians Stingy When It Comes To Church Offerings? by wagecomet: 5:35pm On Oct 06, 2013
[quote author=hillary okpe]yes giving is crucial but i tel u givin has a spirit nt until d spirit of givin is deposited in u u cnt giv judiciously. D bible say we shud giv wat wil always cost us sumtin. More so givin is an investment, d quality of oferin u give goes a lng way 2 speak 4 u. I do giv but my givin life grow vry wel wen i came incontact wit Joyce Mayer book 'LOV i beseach u 2 get d book n read.[/quote
Go and give ur pastor or bishop ur wife na! Ode.
Re: Why Are Most Christians Stingy When It Comes To Church Offerings? by Nobody: 5:40pm On Oct 06, 2013
Corona99: Most christians spend thousands of naira n even more @ the end of each week or day, just for recharge cards n alcohols,,some guys even give dia gurlfriendz 50,000,,,100,000 for brazilian hair weavons n blackberry phones,, yet went it comes to church offerings,,all u can offer is 10,20,50naira,,which ar most times dirty n worn out,, only few surmon courage to offer 100,, brethren IS THIS FAIR??Where is ur conscience,,??TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVING MUCH IS EXPECTED,,
I DONT C HOW IT'S UR BUSINESS MOFO
Re: Why Are Most Christians Stingy When It Comes To Church Offerings? by quadrellegar880: 5:56pm On Oct 06, 2013
if u ve enough to give in church ..give n if u dont. .God will understand....I cant be sweet talked into giving in church. .anymore. ..by pastors who spend 20mins praying n 23hrs 40mins thinking how to spend church money...best bet is to understand d bible n give frm ur heart if u are able....
Re: Why Are Most Christians Stingy When It Comes To Church Offerings? by quadrellegar880: 5:58pm On Oct 06, 2013
hillary okpe: pls i wnt us 2 grab sumtin rite we r nt givin oferings or tithe 2 pastors bt 2 d GOD. MOST OF US AV GOT D MENTALITY DAT WE R GIVIN 2 D PASTOR DAT IS Y WE CNT GIV QUALITY OFERIN. LORD TEACH N OPEN OUR UNDASTANDIN 2WADS GIVIN. WE CAN READ 'MALACHI 3
who are those spendin d money...God abi...I beg make we hear word...des pastors use d money to buy private jet while a worshipper has no job no shelter to claim
Re: Why Are Most Christians Stingy When It Comes To Church Offerings? by Bulalautali(m): 7:06pm On Oct 06, 2013
Giving 2 God is good, jst make sure its from ur heart, dont give out of bitterness buh be a cheerful giver, if you have issues 2 settle with somebody, go sort it out ist so that God will accept accept ur offering.
Re: Why Are Most Christians Stingy When It Comes To Church Offerings? by erico2k2(m): 7:29pm On Oct 06, 2013
Better off giving ur money to motherless kids home and the poor destitutes on the rd, God will bless you more.
Re: Why Are Most Christians Stingy When It Comes To Church Offerings? by erico2k2(m): 7:33pm On Oct 06, 2013
hillary okpe: pls i wnt us 2 grab sumtin rite we r nt givin oferings or tithe 2 pastors bt 2 d GOD. MOST OF US AV GOT D MENTALITY DAT WE R GIVIN 2 D PASTOR DAT IS Y WE CNT GIV QUALITY OFERIN. LORD TEACH N OPEN OUR UNDASTANDIN 2WADS GIVIN. WE CAN READ 'MALACHI 3
Check and read the bible very where and point out where it reffers to offerings and givings in terms of money in not one's labpur and harvest.These days everyone translate the words of God to thier own selfish interpritation to con people out of thier petty cash.Now tell me, would God punish me for not giving 100K to the church instead I give it to the Leppers on the rd and to motherless kids home
Re: Why Are Most Christians Stingy When It Comes To Church Offerings? by Buddydogg(m): 11:30pm On Oct 06, 2013
all what you guys are just saying is nothing, i went throught all what you guys typing is nonesense, nobody with one or two main point
Re: Why Are Most Christians Stingy When It Comes To Church Offerings? by kid7soccer(m): 11:37pm On Oct 06, 2013
In the old days u could carry money, animal, food item(yam,etc) for u offering. Now no pastor need dat it the cash dat the main ting. So if u dont have money you cant give offering.
Re: Why Are Most Christians Stingy When It Comes To Church Offerings? by kid7soccer(m): 11:47pm On Oct 06, 2013
Sorry, i feel if you hav gone too far , if everyone is typing nonsense maybe you could help us by typing sense.
Buddy dogg: all what you guys are just saying is nothing, i went throught all what you guys typing is nonesense, nobody with one or two main point
Re: Why Are Most Christians Stingy When It Comes To Church Offerings? by buoye1(m): 9:38am On Oct 07, 2013
When you don't know the God you are serving,you ll definitely give to him useless offerings.
Re: Why Are Most Christians Stingy When It Comes To Church Offerings? by dasparrow: 9:38am On Oct 07, 2013
Corona99: Most christians spend thousands of naira n even more @ the end of each week or day, just for recharge cards n alcohols,,some guys even give dia gurlfriendz 50,000,,,100,000 for brazilian hair weavons n blackberry phones,, yet went it comes to church offerings,,all u can offer is 10,20,50naira,,which ar most times dirty n worn out,, only few surmon courage to offer 100,, brethren IS THIS FAIR??Where is ur conscience,,??TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVING MUCH IS EXPECTED,,

At the rate with which your pastors are spending the people's money on personal luxuries and private jets, can you blame them? Since I came back to Nigeria for NYSC, I have been to church maybe 4 times in 1 year. I just don't feel the spirit of God in most Nigerian churches. All they keep hyping about is money, money, money. How do you think it makes God's flock feel when they see their pastors living in opulence while they the followers can hardly feed twice a day? God is watching!

1 Like

Re: Why Are Most Christians Stingy When It Comes To Church Offerings? by martinkem(m): 9:56am On Oct 07, 2013

shey your papa na pastor or wan/don open church?
offering should be voluntary, you cant tell people that they are giving unto God and then question the amount they give (thats just being hypocritical)..
Re: Why Are Most Christians Stingy When It Comes To Church Offerings? by MAYOWAAK: 5:04pm On Oct 07, 2013
Op,Are you a church owner?Is the account of your church being depleted without inflows from your members?I do not understand your lamentations.
Re: Why Are Most Christians Stingy When It Comes To Church Offerings? by Nobody: 8:02am On Oct 08, 2013
They are not fully convinced about their reason for giving. sad
Re: Why Are Most Christians Stingy When It Comes To Church Offerings? by Nobody: 9:01am On Oct 08, 2013
Until Pastors and their wives stop flaunting their mansions, private jets, fleet of cars and yea, building schools for the rich, through the givings of the poor and average....then will the masses believe in giving....do u know if a brother or sister is homeless, she's OYO.....Even if she begs the necessary authorities that can link to her pastor or pastor wife.... Cause the Pastors have turned themselves to Demi gods that cannt be approached...so if one sincerely knows, that when Gbege happen....no one , especially in church gives a hoot...why not hold onto wat u av and save for rainy days...
Re: Why Are Most Christians Stingy When It Comes To Church Offerings? by ajayikayod: 9:24am On Oct 08, 2013

Can u share wit us wat was preached in ur church on ds Sunday u posted this question?
Re: Why Are Most Christians Stingy When It Comes To Church Offerings? by pickabeau1: 1:14pm On Oct 08, 2013
u did not finish the calculation

4 sundays in a months means its 200,000 in offering alone?!

satellitedaisy:

Yes you give to God and do not judge. Then God is represented by humans. We don't teleport the money to heaven. So, assuming there are 1000 people in the congregation, 50 x 1000 =50,000. Dats enof for the pastor for one sunday. How many pple earn that in 2months
Re: Why Are Most Christians Stingy When It Comes To Church Offerings? by Arlex(m): 7:43pm On Oct 17, 2013
[b]why are most christian stingy[/b]see question o,pls say something better u can ask ur pastor dat one.
Re: Why Are Most Christians Stingy When It Comes To Church Offerings? by khiaa(f): 1:48am On Feb 24, 2015
This is my 2 cents.

I don't know if you all heard of a tv show called *Preachers of LA* if not go to youtube and type in Preachers of LA season1 episode1.
On that show there is a bishop /pi.mp named Ron Gibson the one with the thick mustach, he is the bishop that preaches in the church down the street from my family home *I went there last nite and I enjoyed the Black history program* anyway I said that to say this, Bishop Ron is an ex drug addict, gangster and pi.mp. He is suppose to be delivered from his pass sins but when I here him preaching in his church about the 300,000 dollar porsche that he paid cash for and the Bently, Corvette, and the full lenght mink coats that he owns and he does because I have seen them with my own eyes I think to myself, this nigga is still pim.ping but he will not pi.mp me and I will not give him one penny at offering time. grin
This PI.MP has the nerve to tell his congregation that if they don't have any money that he takes cedit cards or they can go online and pay, can you believe this PI.MP? I am not a member of his church but I do go and support certain programs. I am a member of another church where I pay my offerings, with my church I can see that the money is going to help the less fotunate.
Re: Why Are Most Christians Stingy When It Comes To Church Offerings? by brocab: 1:07pm On Sep 24, 2016
Because they teach the wrong doctrine, Jesus said you can't worship God and mammon at the sometime.
And as true as this is, the Churches don't support the widows, nor the strangers, nor the poor, tithes and offerings pays the pastors, and some that follow, the rest buys churches, homes, lands, jets cars, Harley's etc.. The governments pays the schools, the widows, the strangers, and the poor.
Any Church that preaches on either offerings or tithes, from such withdraw yourselves New International Version{1 Timothy 6:3-10}

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Last Sunday Before Inauguration What Will Be Your Prayer Point Today For Nigeria / 16 "gods" that share the same story with jesus / An Open Letter To Hot Blooded Young Men - Paul Ellis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.