Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,787 members, 7,798,629 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:31 AM

The Sexes Are Equal: Not The Same Abilities, But Equal Weight! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Sexes Are Equal: Not The Same Abilities, But Equal Weight! (11170 Views)

Which Of The Sexes Are Mostly Deluded In There Thinking? / Women, If You Think You Are Equal To Men Try This / Battle of the Sexes - Males vs. Females (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Sexes Are Equal: Not The Same Abilities, But Equal Weight! by Nobody: 1:24pm On Jun 30, 2008
I decided to create this thread because after so many years of observing I have come to finally understand what the old generation of feminists wanted. The new generation has lost the true meaning of that fight for equal rights and now expects to be doing the same thing men do when they are very much aware that they lack the abilities. We think men are the perfect being and we have been trying so far to emulate them. But let me remind you that we are also giving wonderful powers, that men can only dream of.

Let me start by saying this: the first feminists never wanted to be like men, but they wanted the differences to be valued which is legitimate and very right. I'll use the example of my classroom. We are more than 20 and each of us has a specific area where s/he excel.

There are those good at scientific subjects.
There are those good at humanistic subjects.

I am good at English but I also acknowledge my weakness elsewhere and I don't hesitate to ask for help. That is the point. When you ask the opposite sex for help, you are not belittling yourself but just being conscious of your limits and of the other's merits.

We can't be perfect if not, there would be just a sex alone. Yes, we'd all be hermaphrodites. grin We'd be able to impregnate ourselves, raise our kids. We'd be single for life. Nothing like marriage, dating and love making would exist. Wouldn't that be sad?

So, guys let's stop all these fights. We all know men and women aren't the same, even though none's abilities is superior to the other's. Because where one lacks the others excels. Haba, we wan cause our own extinction? cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Sexes Are Equal: Not The Same Abilities, But Equal Weight! by Seun(m): 1:50pm On Jun 30, 2008
It probably doesn't really matter whether women as a group are equal to men as a group.
What matters is what abilities and talents and opportunities we have as individuals.
Re: The Sexes Are Equal: Not The Same Abilities, But Equal Weight! by Soin: 1:52pm On Jun 30, 2008
I don't think we're equal. That's loads of bullshit. Sorry females.
Re: The Sexes Are Equal: Not The Same Abilities, But Equal Weight! by Nobody: 2:00pm On Jun 30, 2008
Seun:

It probably doesn't really matter whether women as a group are equal to men as a group.
What matters is what abilities and talents and opportunities we have as individuals.

I don't want to go into individualism because then the whole matters changes drastically. I am talking of natural abilities we have as men and women. I think even when a single person is involved s/he can't possibly forget his or her phisionomy just because he wants to do what a man or a woman can do. Since we were given different talents it's good we make good use of them. No one is more special than the other.

Soin:

When I say equal I am referring to the weight of their abilities. if it's true that both men and women were created by the same god and that they are both equal before him, I believe that if he has gifted man with an ability he must have gifted the woman with another one, as important as that given to the man, to complement.

That's what I understand by equality. But I am not a xtian but I do have eyes to observe around. And what I have seen is that as much as we try to deny it men and women are different, they aren't the same (typical mistake: being the same is very different from being equal).
Re: The Sexes Are Equal: Not The Same Abilities, But Equal Weight! by Seun(m): 2:02pm On Jun 30, 2008
Men are bigger. Women have bigger breasts and can bear children. Does it matter?
Re: The Sexes Are Equal: Not The Same Abilities, But Equal Weight! by beauteous(f): 2:02pm On Jun 30, 2008
Soin:

You weren't referring to females,abi? undecided
Re: The Sexes Are Equal: Not The Same Abilities, But Equal Weight! by Soin: 2:05pm On Jun 30, 2008
Women are weaker than men. Gotta tell the truth. At least I know I am.
Re: The Sexes Are Equal: Not The Same Abilities, But Equal Weight! by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jun 30, 2008
Seun:

Men are bigger. Women have bigger breasts and can bear children. Does it matter?

Every part of our body has its specific function. Even that nasty hair in our nose help us to filter! grin

Men being bigger is indeed important just like women having breasts and bearing children. Even sef women complain of smallish men and men always despair when they meet a flat chested girl or a barren woman. grin
Re: The Sexes Are Equal: Not The Same Abilities, But Equal Weight! by Nobody: 2:09pm On Jun 30, 2008
Soin:

I hope you are just playing dumb. Does your being weaker physically mean you are inferior?

If you still spit this shit, then it's obvious you haven't undertood a fu-ck of what I have been writing so far. Gosh! I hate dummies like you. Get out of this thread immediately! angry angry
Re: The Sexes Are Equal: Not The Same Abilities, But Equal Weight! by beauteous(f): 2:12pm On Jun 30, 2008
Soin:

If that's how yhu see it den  undecided
when it cums to differences in ability,
i think we ought to judge individuals not sex.

I'm jst wondering where yhu
did yhur research nd found out women re weaker. undecided
 Bsides,what do yhur defi. .for "weak"
Re: The Sexes Are Equal: Not The Same Abilities, But Equal Weight! by Gamine(f): 2:12pm On Jun 30, 2008
Equal and Not Equal.
Re: The Sexes Are Equal: Not The Same Abilities, But Equal Weight! by syren: 2:14pm On Jun 30, 2008
Soin:

If women want to be as strong as men it's not impossible, or you've never heard of female bodybuilders? But we don't need to be because it's not necessary for our purpose in life. And does it make any difference if we are physically weaker?
Re: The Sexes Are Equal: Not The Same Abilities, But Equal Weight! by Nobody: 2:15pm On Jun 30, 2008
beauteous:

If that's how yhu see it den undecided
when it cums to differences in ability,
i think we ought to judge individuals not sex.

I'm jst wondering where yhu
did yhur research nd found out women re weaker. undecided
Bsides,what do yhur defi. .for "weak"

as I have said earlier there are things men can do, women can't do and vice versa. What is this if not a difference in abilities? As I have said earlier to Seun:

michelin89:

I don't want to go into individualism because then the whole matters changes drastically. I am talking of natural abilities we have as men and women. I think even when a single person is involved s/he can't possibly forget his or her phisionomy just because he wants to do what a man or a woman can do. Since we were given different talents it's good we make good use of them. No one is more special than the other.
Re: The Sexes Are Equal: Not The Same Abilities, But Equal Weight! by Soin: 2:16pm On Jun 30, 2008
LOL @ dumb bleeps attacking my post and then asking what do you mean. Haha. It's strange how I've NEVER seen a female labourer. Extremely strange.
Re: The Sexes Are Equal: Not The Same Abilities, But Equal Weight! by Nobody: 2:17pm On Jun 30, 2008
syren:

If women want to be as strong as men it's not impossible, or you've never heard of female bodybuilders? But we don't need to be because it's not necessary for our purpose in life. And does it make any difference if we are physically weaker?

That is very wrong. Look at those women, are they really women at the end of the day. They have completely changed themselves. To do what men do, they have become men themselves. That is very bad and it's definitely not what the first feminists wanted. Why did they fight for equal rights when they could have become men in the first place?
Re: The Sexes Are Equal: Not The Same Abilities, But Equal Weight! by Nobody: 2:18pm On Jun 30, 2008
Soin:

LOL @ dumb bleeps attacking my post and then asking what do you mean. Haha. It's strange how I've NEVER seen a female labourer. Extremely strange.

Keep concentrating on the physical differences and you'll sure go far.

*shioorr*
Re: The Sexes Are Equal: Not The Same Abilities, But Equal Weight! by Gamine(f): 2:19pm On Jun 30, 2008
Women will never be as strong as Men physically.

but ive seen female labourers enough times.

Why would i even want to do hard labour!
Re: The Sexes Are Equal: Not The Same Abilities, But Equal Weight! by Soin: 2:19pm On Jun 30, 2008
michelin89:

Keep concentrating on the physical differences and you'll sure go far.

*shioorr*
Don't worry about me. I've already gone far. As for you, keep playing ignorant. You're wonderful at it!
Re: The Sexes Are Equal: Not The Same Abilities, But Equal Weight! by lonelypal(m): 2:20pm On Jun 30, 2008
michelin89:

When I say equal I am referring to the weight of their abilities. if it's true that both men and women were created by the same god and that they are both equal before him, I believe that if he has gifted man with an ability he must have gifted the woman with another one, as important as that given to the man, to complement.

That's what I understand by equality. But I am not a xtian but I do have eyes to observe around. And what I have seen is that as much as we try to deny it men and women are different, they aren't the same (typical mistake: being the same is very different from being equal).

smiley smileyIn as much as i wouldnt want to sound like a male chauvinist i want to add that ur view on this simply negates the widely acclaimed fact that its a man's world. If this is so where does the equality comes in? I quite agree women have their own natural capabilities which men lack, but your yardstick of weighing equaltity should be the extent to which evry one of them(man and woman) can survive independently without the other. If thats it, then i must say a woman is more likely to loose out in such race of survival. grin grin
Re: The Sexes Are Equal: Not The Same Abilities, But Equal Weight! by Nobody: 2:21pm On Jun 30, 2008
Gamine:

Exactly. Why destroy your womanhood to gain an ability that isn't yours? That means you have never liked being a woman in the first place. Just do a surgery and become a man. undecided

True ooo. Allow the men to do the suffer suffer! grin
Re: The Sexes Are Equal: Not The Same Abilities, But Equal Weight! by syren: 2:22pm On Jun 30, 2008
michelin89:

That is very wrong. Look at those women, are they really women at the end of the day. They have completely changed themselves. To do what men do, they have become men themselves. That is very bad and it's definitely not what the first feminists wanted. Why did they fight for equal rights when they could have become men in the first place?

Of course they're still women  grin Being muscular doesn't make you a man. As unnattractive as they are they're just muscular women. embarassed
Re: The Sexes Are Equal: Not The Same Abilities, But Equal Weight! by Soin: 2:22pm On Jun 30, 2008
Gamine:

Admitting is already a step. Women and men AREN'T equal. I'm sorry to say. I don't believe in the man being the 'head of the family' bullcrap. But I'd rather a husband who's a man, who takes action. Who has autority.

Dumb bleeps won't admit it and keep going around spitting crap about both sexes' equality. Keep bullshitting.
Re: The Sexes Are Equal: Not The Same Abilities, But Equal Weight! by Seun(m): 2:22pm On Jun 30, 2008
Men are bigger, but some women are bigger than most men.

Some men have bigger boobs than most women.

Inequality is not a danger; it's a basic fact of life. No two men are equal.

The real danger is not allowing a man or a woman to achieve what he or she is capable of achieving just because he is a man or just because he is a woman. Whether the victims are men or women, the result is the same - people die without reaching the levels they ought to have reached in life. it's sad.

Other women don't have to be "emancipated" for a particular woman to move ahead in life.
Re: The Sexes Are Equal: Not The Same Abilities, But Equal Weight! by Soin: 2:23pm On Jun 30, 2008
Seun:

Some men have bigger boobs than most women.

The real danger is not allowing a man or a woman to achieve what he or she are capable of achieving just because they are men or just because they are women. Whether the victims are men or women, the result is the same - people die without reaching the levels they ought to have reached in life. it's sad.
Micheline, read this and memorize it. It'll do your bleeped up brain some good.
Re: The Sexes Are Equal: Not The Same Abilities, But Equal Weight! by syren: 2:24pm On Jun 30, 2008
Soin:

Dumb bleeps won't admit it and keep going around spitting crap about both sexes' equality. Keep bullshitting.

Why all the anger now, it's just a debate cool
Re: The Sexes Are Equal: Not The Same Abilities, But Equal Weight! by Nobody: 2:25pm On Jun 30, 2008
lonelypal:

smiley smileyIn as much as i wouldnt want to sound like a male chauvinist i want to add that your view on this simply negates the widely acclaimed fact that its a man's world. If this is so where does the equality comes in? I quite agree women have their own natural capabilities which men lack, but your yardstick of weighing equaltity should be the extent to which evry one of them(man and woman) can survive independently without the other. If thats it, then i must say a woman is more likely to loose out in such race of survival. grin grin

1. That's why you are lonely! tongue

2. It's a man's world because women think that to have what it takes, you have to be like a man. You see them doing silly things only men used to do. I remember when I was young I rarely saw female smokers, drunkards, drug addicts. All these habits were generally the men's.
Re: The Sexes Are Equal: Not The Same Abilities, But Equal Weight! by syren: 2:29pm On Jun 30, 2008
Soin:

Haha. I'm not angry. I'm going to play the child and say she started it! Look at her response to my initial post.

Yeah, she gave a civilized response to your statement, there's no need to insult her because she has an opinion, everyone has their own point of view. cool
Re: The Sexes Are Equal: Not The Same Abilities, But Equal Weight! by Soin: 2:31pm On Jun 30, 2008
I hope you are just playing dumb. Does your being weaker physically mean you are inferior?

If you still spit this shit, then it's obvious you haven't undertood a fu-ck of what I have been writing so far. Gosh! I hate dummies like you. Get out of this thread immediately!

How's that civilized? O_o
Re: The Sexes Are Equal: Not The Same Abilities, But Equal Weight! by syren: 2:33pm On Jun 30, 2008
Soin:

Ok, I apologize, didn't see that one embarassed grin
Re: The Sexes Are Equal: Not The Same Abilities, But Equal Weight! by Nobody: 2:34pm On Jun 30, 2008
Seun:

If we were to judge taking all the few exceptions into consideration, then we would never move forward. There might be few cases, where a woman is bigger but sorry, it's just an exception and so it should be considered. It doesn't contribute to making the rules.

Seun:

Some men have bigger boobs than most women.ù

Men don't naturally have big boobs, They develop boobs when they increase of weight which is something that also happen in women. I can't therefore consider this aspect in our debate.

Seun:

I repeat my equality is referred solely to their abilities. When abilities are concerned, none is more capable then the other. if a man can physically beat a woman, I am sure she can also defeat him using reasoning.

Seun:

The real danger is not allowing a man or a woman to achieve what he or she is capable of achieving just because he is a man or just because he is a woman. Whether the victims are men or women, the result is the same - people die without reaching the levels they ought to have reached in life. it's sad.

Other women don't have to be "emancipated" for a particular woman to move ahead in life.

Well fine, there is nothing wrong in valuing the individual but you can't put your natural lacks aside. That is just being stubborn and irrational. As you have said, there are exceptions but they are not the norm.

Soin:

Micheline, read this and memorize it. It'll do your bleeped up brain some good.

Shut up! You don't even know what he has written but yet you make so much noise!
Re: The Sexes Are Equal: Not The Same Abilities, But Equal Weight! by Nobody: 2:38pm On Jun 30, 2008
Soin:

What is civilized about you when you fail to wake up from your stuck up mentality? I created this thread to invite people like you to focus on the general abilities of both sexes and here you are spitting crap. Just because we are naturally weaker, you have come to conclude that we must be subordinate to men. What an arrant nonsense.

If you haven't understood the purpose of this thread, then kindly keep your fingers to yourself.
Re: The Sexes Are Equal: Not The Same Abilities, But Equal Weight! by syren: 2:43pm On Jun 30, 2008
lonelypal:

smiley smileyIn as much as i wouldnt want to sound like a male chauvinist i want to add that your view on this simply negates the widely acclaimed fact that its a man's world. If this is so where does the equality comes in? I quite agree women have their own natural capabilities which men lack, but your yardstick of weighing equaltity should be the extent to which evry one of them(man and woman) can survive independently without the other. If thats it, then i must say a woman is more likely to loose out in such race of survival. grin grin

@lonely pal
to clarify your point could you give a reason why women couldn't survive without men. just curious undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Some Girls Think We Are Fools / Lagos Girl Displays Erected Nipples On Instagram And Gets People Talking(photos) / Hacker Exposes Sexual Escapades Of An Evangelist With Married Women(pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.