Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,973 members, 7,806,830 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:48 AM

JAMB Changed Her Result! - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / JAMB Changed Her Result! (2089 Views)

How Jamb Changed My Exam Date / Girl With Nine A1s In WASSCE: She Is So Brilliant Her Teachers Feared Her Result / Jamb Changed My Result After I Saw It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

JAMB Changed Her Result! by Nobody: 5:16pm On Oct 06, 2013
She made her O'Level papers some 3years back, but
She couldn't proceed to writing JAMB exams because mama couldn't afford it.
She needed to stay at home, plaiting hair for customers, like momma does.

Fortunately, this year she got a push from someone who was interested to helping her pursue her dream.
He paid all the bills, JAMB exams, Tutorial classes, Post-JAMB exams etc
She passed her JAMB exams. She got 191.
Also, she wrote the post-JAMB examination and passed it too.
And alas, she got the desired admission into the university some few months back.
She felt so excited and free, eventually because she was going to be an undergraduate.

Some weeks back, she visited the school to commence the registration exercise. (Remember, she now has a Sponsor).
She paid the acceptance fee -N30k
Paid other bills, etc. She was. So excited.

And, now at the final stage of the registration exercise...everyone of them were asked to re-submit their JAMB result slip...the most recent one that got their photo display.

So last week, she had to revisit JAMB website to re-print her result. But, it was gone. No aggregate score. No result displayed. Safe a message: "SORRY, YOU DO NOT HAVE RESULT...." :/ and, this was contrary to the initial printout where JAMB awarded her 191. It is so disturbing, really. And, I was going to ask if anyone in here as experienced a similar situation?

Why would JAMB send an initial result only to cancel it later due to whatever reasons?!? Why? Why the heart-break. I still don't get it...sad

I hope things work out fine for her. It is so disturbing...as she is on PAUSE mood with the registration exercise.

Somebody help, please...!
Re: JAMB Changed Her Result! by Tolexander: 5:23pm On Oct 06, 2013
OP, I very like you cos you will be a very good nollywood script writer!

2 Likes

Re: JAMB Changed Her Result! by Nobody: 5:24pm On Oct 06, 2013
Lol! It's not about me, really.
Re: JAMB Changed Her Result! by AbuMikey(m): 5:28pm On Oct 06, 2013
This lie dey smell undecided
Re: JAMB Changed Her Result! by Nobody: 5:34pm On Oct 06, 2013
We have e v e r y document to support this, please. I knew when she wrote these exams and also know about the results. That's why I am shocked.

It's just unfair if JAMB does this, really.
Re: JAMB Changed Her Result! by yorex2011: 5:37pm On Oct 06, 2013
undecided

Re: JAMB Changed Her Result! by Nobody: 5:40pm On Oct 06, 2013
Hey! Where do you think we got it wrong or lied?
Re: JAMB Changed Her Result! by Nobody: 5:52pm On Oct 06, 2013
Post screenshot of the old and new results then we will believe.

However:
u go sabi tell story no be small
Re: JAMB Changed Her Result! by Nobody: 6:02pm On Oct 06, 2013
You av 2 provide us wit some evidence....kos av neva heard of such probs as far as JAMB is concerned in NIGERIA.
Re: JAMB Changed Her Result! by Nobody: 6:04pm On Oct 06, 2013
We have nothing to gain by saying otherwise. I don't mind to inbox the credentials as soon as I get them off her tomorrow. The concerned lady has left for her abode. She is so disturbed.
Re: JAMB Changed Her Result! by homesteady(m): 6:12pm On Oct 06, 2013
Show us evidence or it did not happen!
Re: JAMB Changed Her Result! by Nobody: 6:27pm On Oct 06, 2013
OlowoTee: We have nothing to gain by saying otherwise. I don't mind to inbox the credentials as soon as I get them off her tomorrow. The concerned lady has left for her abode. She is so disturbed.

Ok. We are waiting.
Re: JAMB Changed Her Result! by Nobody: 6:35pm On Oct 06, 2013
Ariseandshine, Don't be a 'Thomas'!
This is so true. Although you don't have to believe it, but it is so true..it happened.

I wouldn't have minded to post the credentials here, if this was all about me. But, it is not about me, and for security reasons I would prefer to send the documents to anyone who could be of help.

Definitely, I would get these documents tomorrow smiley
Re: JAMB Changed Her Result! by Fynestboi: 7:15pm On Oct 06, 2013
I have just this question to ask before i conclude,

she was given admision into whch school? Merit list or supplementary..

Did she checked for her admisn letter on jamb website?
Re: JAMB Changed Her Result! by destino24(m): 7:22pm On Oct 06, 2013
It's very possible... when I took jamb, and the result was released, I checked and it was 244, after about 3 weeks, I checked again and it reduced to 237. The OP could be right
Re: JAMB Changed Her Result! by Nobody: 7:22pm On Oct 06, 2013
Tai Solarin University of Education. (TASUED).

Supplentary list. She chose the school as her second choice.

She already got her admission letter from TASUED with her result data and everything on the slip!

I would inquire if she has the Admission Letter from JAMB.
Re: JAMB Changed Her Result! by Nobody: 7:25pm On Oct 06, 2013
destino24: It's very possible... when I took jamb, and the result was released, I checked and it was 244, after about 3 weeks, I checked again and it reduced to 237. The OP could be right
Re: JAMB Changed Her Result! by Nobody: 7:43pm On Oct 06, 2013
OlowoTee: Tai Solarin University of Education. (TASUED).

She already got her admission letter from TASUED with her result data and everything on the slip!

Try reporting it to the nearest JAMB office. But this kind of case is rare, especialy with JAMB.

By the way:
Cant she just proceed with the registration with the initial result of 191.
or
Has she misplaced the printout?
Re: JAMB Changed Her Result! by Fynestboi: 7:46pm On Oct 06, 2013
destino24: It's very possible... when I took jamb, and the result was released, I checked and it was 244, after about 3 weeks, I checked again and it reduced to 237. The OP could be right

Re: JAMB Changed Her Result! by Fynestboi: 7:52pm On Oct 06, 2013
OlowoTee: Tai Solarin University of Education. (TASUED).
ok

.:
second choice what about her first choice? And morever been admited via supp list she cnt get her admisn leta from jamb now

.:
so with this she gat no problem bt wait didnt she printout any copy of the result before? And if not tell her to check the jamb reg number vividly.. And recheck

.:
dont bother asking she cnt have that for now coz she was nt among merit list..
Re: JAMB Changed Her Result! by Xoxyl(m): 8:05pm On Oct 06, 2013
Re: JAMB Changed Her Result! by skyscraperTM(m): 9:30pm On Oct 06, 2013
i believe the oriqinal poster is tellinq the truth, i know of some people that their jamb score for this year was later increased and some reduced after been initially released. but the part i kindof doubt is sayinq she went back to check but couldn`t find anythinq there|
Re: JAMB Changed Her Result! by Nobody: 9:44pm On Oct 06, 2013
kindly p0st duh jamb reg. Num_ here...
Re: JAMB Changed Her Result! by Illuminatus(m): 11:25pm On Oct 06, 2013
OlowoTee: We have e v e r y document to support this, please. I knew when she wrote these exams and also know about the results. That's why I am shocked.

It's just unfair if JAMB does this, really.
If she had a copy, why did she need to print a new copy?
Re: JAMB Changed Her Result! by Nobody: 11:45pm On Oct 06, 2013
Illuminatus:
If she had a copy, why did she need to print a new copy?
The school requested they revisit the website for an updated copy which has their photographs attached.
Re: JAMB Changed Her Result! by Illuminatus(m): 12:14am On Oct 07, 2013
She should go to the nearest JAMB office, write an email to JAMB and try contacting them through their telephone numbers.

1 Like

Re: JAMB Changed Her Result! by Fynestboi: 6:34am On Oct 07, 2013
OlowoTee:
The school requested they revisit the website for an updated copy which has their photographs attached.
so she is already with the e facilities that is requested to check the result??
Re: JAMB Changed Her Result! by destino24(m): 8:58am On Oct 07, 2013
[quote author=Fynestboi][/quote]

I'm telling you. Thank God it was still enough to get me an engineering discipline.
Re: JAMB Changed Her Result! by Nobody: 7:03pm On Oct 07, 2013
Illuminatus: She should go to the nearest JAMB office, write an email to JAMB and try contacting them through their telephone numbers.

JAMB said it got to do with her exam centre..! And, that due to the level of exam malpractices all results emanating from that centre has been cancelled after the intial release?

Certainly, this is one of the many ill sides of having to release JAMB results within 72hours. Why the rush!? When you have to do some further verification of exam centres etc.?

Why publish one result and then after some few weeks, you bring up another result? Why the inconsistency? It is really sad.

What a system...
Re: JAMB Changed Her Result! by Nobody: 8:11pm On Oct 07, 2013
OlowoTee:

JAMB said it got to do with her exam centre..! And, that due to the level of exam malpractices all results emanating from that centre has been cancelled after the intial release?

Certainly, this is one of the many ill sides of having to release JAMB results within 72hours. Why the rush!? When you have to do some further verification of exam centres etc.?

Why publish one result and then after some few weeks, you bring up another result? Why the inconsistency? It is really sad.

What a system...

Thats so sad. She shouldnt give up. She shouldnt use the old result ooooooooo, she just has to rewrite the JAMB to avoid problems in future.

Wishing her all the best.
Re: JAMB Changed Her Result! by Illuminatus(m): 8:41pm On Oct 07, 2013
ariseandshine:

Thats so sad. She shouldnt give up. She shouldnt use the old result ooooooooo, she just has to rewrite the JAMB to avoid problems in future.

Wishing her all the best.
This has me shaking o. I wrote this year too and now, I'm very nervous. Hope something like this doesn't happen to me. It's just so trumatic.
Re: JAMB Changed Her Result! by Nobody: 12:04pm On Oct 13, 2013
Thanks for the inputs, all.

Like a dream, it happened. So very traumatic as Illuminatus said..especially now that she has every admission documents and evident of payments etc given to her by the school.

Putting all these behind is pretty difficult...but, someone got to move on...yes, she does have to.

She would be writing the next JAMB exam. :/

(1) (2) (Reply)

Do You Overhype Your School Fee To Extort Your Parents ? / Thread For Those Who Scored Below 200 Jamb / Can I Study Computer Science With This Kind Of Result?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.