Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,339 members, 7,780,890 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:04 AM

Common Causes Of Eczema - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Common Causes Of Eczema (4351 Views)

8 Common Causes Of Infertility In Men / Six Common Causes Of Dark Circle Around The Eyes And Remedies For Them. / Any Injection For The Cure Of Eczema? Help, Please. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Common Causes Of Eczema by sweetiePe(f): 5:39pm On Oct 06, 2013
The following are substances and situations that may cause eczema flare-ups. The reactions may differ from person to person.

1. Detergents, soaps and other cleansing products

Some of the above removes the skin's natural moisture thus makes the skin dry and sensitive.

Use biodegradable, fragrance-free laundry detergents that contain no petrochemicals and don't forget to always put moisturizer every after wash or bath to minimize skin dryness.

2. Clothing

Always wash new clothes prior to wearing them to remove chemical residue.

Cashmere, wool and synthetic fabrics causes skin irritation when comes in contact with sensitive skin. Buy materials that are made of cotton and silk as they are best recommended by experts for people suffering from eczema

Avoid tight clothing.

3. Stress

Stress does not cause eczema but can make symptoms to worsen eg. intensifying the scratching.

It is believed that scratching makes it more itchy. To avoid this let sufferer wear gloves during sleep and make sure to cut fingernails short to avoid further skin irritation.

4. Temperature

Extremely hot humid or cold dry weather causes the condition to exacerbate.

5. House dust mites

Commonly found in the house, like matresses, bed stuffings, pillows, stuffed toys causes eczema to worsen when in contact with the skin.

It is important tokeep the house clean, change beddings regularly, vacuum couches and mattresses and remove unnecessary stuffed toys to help minimize dust.

6. Pets

Animal dander, hair and saliva may cause an allergic reaction and eczema flare up.

7. Food

There are certain foods that triggers allergic reactions. Common foods are eggs, nuts, milk, wheat, soya etc.

Also you have to avoid foods that do not contain vital nutrients examples are white sugar and white flour.

Minimize intake of processed and artificial foods.

Always include fresh fruits and vegetables to your daily diet.

Most importantly you have to remove foods from your diet that you are allergic to.

It is also helpful to keep and write in a journal of foods eaten on a certain time and note reactions of your skin, in that way you will know what food to eat and to avoid.

Though the above list is not comprehensive, it serves as a handle on what to look out for.

Finally, experiment and study your own situations and conditions when you experience a flare up or relief.

Hopefully, find a new combination of products and procedures that works well for you!

http://www.rosyside.com/pt/Common-Causes-of-Eczema.10-6-2013/blog.htm
Re: Common Causes Of Eczema by Barryp(m): 7:33pm On Oct 06, 2013
Hlo. Plz I nid hlp. Evry year I xperience eczema on my bak. It comes as 4rm August evry yr. I nid a permanent solution in form of drugs or injection
Re: Common Causes Of Eczema by Nobody: 9:13pm On Oct 06, 2013
Barryp: Hlo. Plz I nid hlp. Evry year I xperience eczema on my bak. It comes as 4rm August evry yr. I nid a permanent solution in form of drugs or injection

same here. pimples n eczema. plsssssss help.
Re: Common Causes Of Eczema by Barryp(m): 8:18pm On Oct 08, 2013
Babynwan:

same here. pimples n eczema. plsssssss help.
Sumbody shld pls answer us. SOS oooooooooo
Re: Common Causes Of Eczema by olusenny: 8:27pm On Oct 08, 2013
Barryp: Sumbody shld pls answer us. SOS oooooooooo
. Try using dettol soap(skin care).I also use to v eczema b4 buh since v startd using skin care...bye bye to eczema

1 Like

Re: Common Causes Of Eczema by jaytime(m): 12:50am On Oct 09, 2013
The problem is that during dat period (around August) the temperature around ur house is highly humid and dat gives fungi(the eczema causing microbe) to grow on ur bedsheets, pillow, couch, shirts, towel and any other fabric stuff within ur house. So as ur body-back in dis case- come in contact with these materials, the fungi or the spores of the fungi pech on ur body and cause eczema overtime. Try as much as possible to change ur bedings and pijamas regularly. Use wooly bedspread and pillow cases or any material that conducts heat so as not to serve as a breeding ground for the fungi. Try not to use wet towel after bath; get extra towel to be sure of using dry towel each time u bath. If u have to repeat a shirt, try to sun dry it or iron it b4 use. Keep a litle tin of brake fluid (hydraulic) for ur skin, it kills eczema fast. *Na my personal experience o, I no read am for book.* Meanwhile they say Fulcin capsule dey kill am from inside out. I've not used it b4 so I dont know. Consult ur health or drug expert b4 use.
Barryp: Hlo. Plz I nid hlp. Evry year I xperience eczema on my bak. It comes as 4rm August evry yr. I nid a permanent solution in form of drugs or injection

2 Likes

Re: Common Causes Of Eczema by Barryp(m): 9:55pm On Oct 09, 2013
Txn alot@ Jaytime

(1) (Reply)

How To Get Rid Of Baby Jaundice / Waist Or Back Pain / Killed By Her Mouth (with Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.