Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,467 members, 7,801,183 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 12:04 PM

How I Wish - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How I Wish (1114 Views)

C Class Benz C240 And A Toyota Le, Wish Is Best... / Post the pic of the car You would Wish To Drive Down This Beautiful Road / Car U Wish 2 Drive Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Wish by kumari089(m): 6:21pm On Oct 06, 2013
Guys pls would like to know how much it cost to change the radiator of Volvo s80 2006 model. The issue is that the coolant level is always getting low after every two days and i was advice by my mechanic to have to change the radiator. Explaining that it is always recommended to change the radiator of a Tokunbo car because of our temperature here compare to what is obtain from where the car is being shipped from. Is this true
Re: How I Wish by Nobody: 7:34pm On Oct 06, 2013
The coolant level drops so you said, have you checked the ground under the engine where the car is parked for coolant leaks, if there is no coolant leakage, does the engine over heat? What is the temperature needle level pointing to, is it on the red mark or below the red mark? If your engine isn't overheating, PLEASE RUN AWAY FROM THAT CLOWN WHO CLAIMS TO BE A MECHANIC (HE ISN'T QUALIFIED TO EVEN SET HIS EYES ON YOUR CAR). Volvo S80 isn't a kind of car you should just tamper with, moreso most car radiator reserve tanks have a MIN and MAX level with overflow pipes when coolant goes beyond the MAX level (from my observation). Pls run away from that clown and don't replace that radiator if not he will tell you very soon to remove your termostat, reconfigure your radiator fan(s) to always run when that car is turned on.
Re: How I Wish by kumari089(m): 8:31pm On Oct 06, 2013
@ Lomomike, tanks. No coolant leakage from under where the car is parked. And the temperature needle is even a little before the red mark, hence no over heating. Its just that any time i fill the coolant tank between the min and max level, i noticed that the level would have dropped below the min level after two days. more suggestions please.
Re: How I Wish by sholatech(m): 8:46pm On Oct 06, 2013
I have used Volvo S80 before. When we have low coolant below the minimum, it was always due to either of these two issues:

1. The radiator was leaking(since I use either antifreeze or Total Coolant which are green in color, we notice this leakage under the car easily). We bled the radiator twice and on both occassions stopped. Of course, it has nothing to do with the weather.

2. There was electrical fault with fuse/wire connected to the fan at a time. Whenever we held in traffic, the coolant thus pours and led to reduction in coolant level. We had the fuse sorted out and this stopped.

Aside these two issues, we never faced low coolant issues
Re: How I Wish by kumari089(m): 11:36pm On Oct 06, 2013
Thanks Sholatech, will try ur suggestions
Re: How I Wish by ZIMDRILL(m): 11:50pm On Oct 06, 2013
kumari_089: Guys pls would like to know how much it cost to change the radiator of Volvo s80 2006 model. The issue is that the coolant level is always getting low after every two days and i was advice by my mechanic to have to change the radiator. Explaining that it is always recommended to change the radiator of a Tokunbo car because of our temperature here compare to what is obtain from where the car is being shipped from. Is this true

are cars from Tokunbo made in nigeria? or west africa ? am sure more than half are imports, any car can work in any part of the world the only things that are changed to suit a certain climate are engine oil and tires

if your radiator is not leaking check all your water hoses and please explain the getting low would it be below the minimum mark or low from the level you have left it after topping up eg you top to maximum then after two days it would be below the maximum and not below minimum?
Re: How I Wish by Nobody: 10:29am On Oct 09, 2013
Also checked your radiator cover, some guy had the same problem and that was the culprit. Is the thermostat temp middle way or close to the red line. Close to the red line I think that is overheating.
Re: How I Wish by kumari089(m): 7:13pm On Oct 09, 2013
Thanks guys av gotten a solution to the low level coolant issue (below the min line). I think what causes it is low tire pressure. Just realize all my four tires were not properly gauge and after gauging it the coolant level has remain normal for five days now.

Thanks
Re: How I Wish by Nobody: 7:49pm On Oct 09, 2013
Cheers Bro.

kumari_089: Thanks guys av gotten a solution to the low level coolant issue (below the min line). I think what causes it is low tire pressure. Just realize all my four tires were not properly gauge and after gauging it the coolant level has remain normal for five days now.

Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Safe Driving In The Rain / Duty Payment: Outrage, As Motorists Decry Harassment By Customs Officials / Is Tinted Glass Permit really Free ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.