Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,649 members, 7,801,892 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:16 AM

A Special Message For Unmarried Women - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / A Special Message For Unmarried Women (34139 Views)

Why Nigerian Unmarried Women Will Increase In No / 7 Things Unmarried Women Do Not Deserve / Why Do We Have More Unmarried Women These Days Than In The Past? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by lekpalicious(f): 1:44pm On Oct 07, 2013
eddiebruk:

Dey there dey deceive yourself, your small cousin when dem born which day go soon marry
what is your problem sef? It seems this topic is really getting to you. I am sure you are the type of man the op was warning us about. Why do you care so much about all the women not married? Will you marry them. Dont take panadol for someone elses headache.

5 Likes

Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by ghettodreamz(m): 1:44pm On Oct 07, 2013
caramelll: Madam OP "Mz vox",saw dis write-up on FB a month ago,it wont hurt 2give credit 2d original writer•#jst sayin#

Seriously? Why you no kon post am here for your fellow ladies? grin

1 Like

Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by Ralphlauren(m): 1:46pm On Oct 07, 2013
Okija_juju:

Women:: If you know that you wanna get married, then you better go out there and hunt down the man for you and marry him.. There is no right or wrong in things like this. What worked for the OP will/may not work for you. The Ideal man for Adaobi will/may not be the ideal man for Ogugua.. Stop listening to all these women who think they got men/relationships all figured out..

![/b]

A STANDING OVATION FOR THIS GENTLEMAN PLEASE.

5 Likes

Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by Ikoniko(f): 1:47pm On Oct 07, 2013
Nice post @op.
Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by crackhaus: 1:47pm On Oct 07, 2013
What am I even doing here really...
Am I supposed to see a woman that will disagree with what the OP wrote...
Should I make a more sensible contribution that won't be misinterpreted...
Will it even be worth it...

Abeg make I go siddon for back dey watch wetin dey appen here.
Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by MrsChima(f): 1:47pm On Oct 07, 2013
ogugua88: Lovely post! Unfortunately, common sense is not common.

It's easy to say these things and hope that unmarried women heed, but the truth is that societal/cultural and family pressures are partly to blame, if not entirely. Also, a lot of women lack the mental and emotional strength required to stand for themselves, or have become complacent with mediocrity and sacrificed self-respect for a husband. It's from a Nigerian woman's mouth that you will hear things like "cheating is the norm; there's nothing you can do about it". Some unluckily marry the wrong man and will still quote the Bible and tell you that under no circumstances, adultery and domestic violence inclusive, can a woman file for divorce. That's disheartening and is setting a very wrong trend for our daughters to follow. I don't know from where the "a woman's pride is her husband/marriage" came, and I don't know how or why it's unofficially compulsory for a woman to marry before a certain age, hence making some women rush and settle for sub-par males, but it's part of the reason why some men see themselves as gods and do as they wish to them.

Nothing could be truer than the last part of your post. Society, culture, tradition, and even family won't change, not fast enough anyway. The change that's so greatly needed as per this topic can only come from women changing their mindsets and loving themselves to the point that they will not settle for less, even if it means waiting a little longer.

A woman should gain more than a man and ring in marriage. She should gain a partner, a teammate, a companion... someone who appreciates her in totality. And guess what? Such men don't come easily, so be patient.

Tell us how you really feel girl. grin

1 Like

Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by demelza: 1:47pm On Oct 07, 2013
lekpalicious: what is your problem sef? It seems this topic is really getting to you. I am sure you are the type of man the op was warning us about. Why do you care so much about all the women not married? Will you marry them. Dont take panadol for someone elses headache.
I thought I was the only one who noticed. Thank you jare
Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by Nobody: 1:48pm On Oct 07, 2013
ariseandshine: With this kind of advise your listeners will end up in T.B Joshua's Church at the age of 40 looking for a husband.
Nope. I disagree.

With this kind of advice, the lives of many ladies will be saved from domestic violence.

Many children will be saved from broken home.

Many ladies will be saved from modern slavery, eg, nyere84, ur gf, ur sis, ur female colleques etc. If we listen to d above advice.

And there will be love, respect and mutual understanding in marriage.

5 Likes

Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by eagleeye2: 1:49pm On Oct 07, 2013
eddiebruk: Orisirisi topic, now you will see all the Ada beke's and Olosho popping up to commend the OP, like someone said, so many women are single today because of their pride to be submissive to their husbands, Marriage is not a competition of who owns the best things, some are not married but they are happy, and only their Pillows knows how much pains they feel each night. Nobody should quote me sha
Gbamest.
Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by MrsChima(f): 1:50pm On Oct 07, 2013
crackhaus: What am I even doing here really...
Am I supposed to see a woman that will disagree with what the OP wrote...
Should I make a more sensible contribution that won't be misinterpreted...
Will it even be worth it...

Abeg make I go siddon for back dey watch wetin dey appen here.

It bashes dumb women and those with no commom sense...at least the women that agreed with OP isn't fake and phony when it comes to the trurh.

Can you say that about the men on this site? lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by MrsChima(f): 1:52pm On Oct 07, 2013
Catch_fire:

Ngwanu, bia yia ogu
AkaOkpo
angry

Your fada. angry
Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by bukatyne(f): 1:52pm On Oct 07, 2013
@tjololade:

So is not true what the Bible said?... Im asking

What are you referring to?
Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by Nobody: 1:53pm On Oct 07, 2013
lekpalicious: what is your problem sef? It seems this topic is really getting to you. I am sure you are the type of man the op was warning us about. Why do you care so much about all the women not married? Will you marry them. Dont take panadol for someone elses headache.

The fact that you cannot keep a man doesn't mean that all men are bad, what have you been doing since your youth, Or you thought PhD go land you automatic husband...? Pride and over sabi is the main reason so many of you are still hunting for Mr right, dey there dey deceive yourself, na for night we go know how it feels to be cuddled in the warm arms of a loving husband.

4 Likes

Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by Okijajuju1(m): 1:53pm On Oct 07, 2013
eddiebruk: Orisirisi topic, now you will see all the Ada beke's and Olosho popping up to commend the OP, like someone said, so many women are single today because of their pride to be submissive to their husbands, Marriage is not a competition of who owns the best things, some are not married but they are happy, and only their Pillows knows how much pains they feel each night. Nobody should quote me sha

[b]Bros..

Please, accept this glass of Scotch.. ..

8 Likes

Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by lekpalicious(f): 1:54pm On Oct 07, 2013
It seems a lot of men have misunderstood this topic. Its not about preference as every one has a different preference and what works for one will not work for the other. This topic is about unmarried women being so desperate that they settle for someone(who they would not normally have) just for the sake of getting married. When a woman is very desperate, a man can see that and will treat her anyhow as he knows she wont go anywhere. Whether it be cheating, abuse etc. What op is trying to say is women should avoid this. Its not then end of the world if you are not married. Your friends may have gotten married at 23, perhaps your time is 30. This is not about being too picky and refusing good guys. This is about not just settling with a bad guy because of desperation.

3 Likes

Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by UjSizzle(f): 1:55pm On Oct 07, 2013
eddiebruk:

if you know how to handle your man and always keep him occupied, how is he gonna get the chance to go out to look for other women..? It's not just about saying i am married, it is actually about keeping a man
This is funny. Why should a man need to be reminded that he took a vow of loyalty when he got married?
You're trying to tell me he's free to roam after every hot thing in skirts the moment he decides his wife isn't good enough for him?
Where does communication in a relationship come in then? If you think she's losing what attracted you to her, then discuss it! Don't make that an excuse to cheat please.
It's bad enough some men are incapable of loyalty, and much worse when he blames his wife for it.

7 Likes

Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by Nobody: 1:56pm On Oct 07, 2013
Okija_juju:

[b]Bros..

Please, accept this glass of Scotch.. ..

You for add Kolanut join na bros
Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by Reachyrich(f): 1:57pm On Oct 07, 2013
wow this is lovely.
Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by RedCard1(m): 1:57pm On Oct 07, 2013
Mrs.Chima:
Damn I was in a mood to fight! angry

Bravo! kiss
I have come to realize one thing. You are sooo fake. Which man even ready to drop you for him house? Mrs my hairy yansh

3 Likes

Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by Idowuogbo(f): 1:58pm On Oct 07, 2013
Okija_juju:

Well...

Point is I'm tired of all these women always trying to define what the ideal man is as if their fake hair and make-up wearing asses are ideal...

Women:: If you know that you wanna get married, then you better go out there and hunt down the man for you and marry him.. There is no right or wrong in things like this. What worked for the OP will/may not work for you. The Ideal man for Adaobi will/may not be the ideal man for Ogugua.. Stop listening to all these women who think they got men/relationships all figured out..

!
Abeg serve dis guy odeku Biko!

Gbammest!

2 Likes

Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by lekpalicious(f): 1:58pm On Oct 07, 2013
eddiebruk:

The fact that you cannot keep a man doesn't mean that all men are bad, what have you been doing since your youth, Or you thought PhD go land you automatic husband...? Pride and over sabi is the main reason so many of you are still hunting for Mr right, dey there dey deceive yourself, na for night we go know how it feels to be cuddled in the warm arms of a loving husband.
Lmao. When did i say that all men are bad. Secondly keeping a man is no problem. I have a good man who loves and respects me and he is type of guy i always wanted and its not out of desperation. The only reason i am unmarried yet is because we are not there financially yet. So dont worry your lil head about me. I am fine. But why you so bitter though lmao. Dont worry no matter what there will always be stupid girls who will be desperate enough for the likes of you.

2 Likes

Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by Nobody: 1:58pm On Oct 07, 2013
eddiebruk:

Dey there dey deceive yourself, your small cousin when dem born which day go soon marry
Hey love,

Life is not about hw fast..., rather, hw well.

I will rather marry late, or even stay single and be happy.

Than, marry early and lose my sanity, or seek for divorce the nxt day.
Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by Okijajuju1(m): 1:59pm On Oct 07, 2013
eddiebruk:

You for add Kolanut join na bros

grin

Shooo.. You wan pour libation with scotch?! grin
Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by Okijajuju1(m): 2:00pm On Oct 07, 2013
Idowuogbo:
Abeg serve dis guy odeku Biko!

Gbammest!

Idowu!!

You mean say you buy Odeku for me?! shocked shocked

Thats it!! I can now die a happy man.. grin

1 Like

Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by Idowuogbo(f): 2:00pm On Oct 07, 2013
ghettodreamz:

I know say you too go follow see am for FB.

Longest time, how garage? gringringrin
Garage dey o! grin
Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by bukatyne(f): 2:00pm On Oct 07, 2013
A female poster opens a thread to advice ladies to avoid abusive and substandard men.

Male posters are ranting and talking about submission, competitiveness, reasons men cheat etc.

If your sister brings a man you know is a potential abuser or cheat home, will you advice her to carry on so that she will not hug her pillow at night or walk on menopause street? Will you tell her to be patient and pray or run for her dear life?

The quality of some men is really pathetic.

Just as some women are not wife materials, some men are not husband materials.

5 Likes

Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by RedCard1(m): 2:01pm On Oct 07, 2013
ogugua88: Lovely post! Unfortunately, common sense is not common.

It's easy to say these things and hope that unmarried women heed, but the truth is that societal/cultural and family pressures are partly to blame, if not entirely. Also, a lot of women lack the mental and emotional strength required to stand for themselves, or have become complacent with mediocrity and sacrificed self-respect for a husband. It's from a Nigerian woman's mouth that you will hear things like "cheating is the norm; there's nothing you can do about it". Some unluckily marry the wrong man and will still quote the Bible and tell you that under no circumstances, adultery and domestic violence inclusive, can a woman file for divorce. That's disheartening and is setting a very wrong trend for our daughters to follow. I don't know from where the "a woman's pride is her husband/marriage" came, and I don't know how or why it's unofficially compulsory for a woman to marry before a certain age, hence making some women rush and settle for sub-par males, but it's part of the reason why some men see themselves as gods and do as they wish to them.

Nothing could be truer than the last part of your post. Society, culture, tradition, and even family won't change, not fast enough anyway. The change that's so greatly needed as per this topic can only come from women changing their mindsets and loving themselves to the point that they will not settle for less, even if it means waiting a little longer.

A woman should gain more than a man and ring in marriage. She should gain a partner, a teammate, a companion... someone who appreciates her in totality. And guess what? Such men don't come easily, so be patient.
you only show up on spinsterhood related topics. Don't tell me my guess is right. I hope say you get pikin sha
Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by Nobody: 2:01pm On Oct 07, 2013
uj_sizzle:
This is funny. Why should a man need to be reminded that he took a vow of loyalty when he got married?
You're trying to tell me he's free to roam after every hot thing in skirts the moment he decides his wife isn't good enough for him?
Where does communication in a relationship come in then? If you think she's losing what attracted you to her, then discuss it! Don't make that an excuse to cheat please.
It's bad enough some men are incapable of loyalty, and much worse when he blames his wife for it.

First of all when it comes to Discussions that will better a Union, the woman is supposed to be in charge, i.e if the topic is about how their relationship is going to move forward the wife is supposed to be in charge, because as a man these things actually dont come into our head that much because we already have pretty much too many things to handle, so a wife in this sense becomes both a mother, a sister and a friend, she should be able to raise topics when she sees things not going fine in her relationship, let me tell you this, Men get scared when the woman they love call them on the phone as says "I need to talk to you" this phrase alone sends cold down the spine of the husband, because first he would be forced to think that his wife is in danger and feels insecure, and for this reasons he gives more attention, if you are a woman that knows how to get your man always interested in your conversation rather than constant Nagging, then you are on top notch of your game as a wife

2 Likes

Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by bukatyne(f): 2:01pm On Oct 07, 2013
lekpalicious: Lmao. When did i say that all men are bad. Secondly keeping a man is no problem. I have a good man who loves and respects me and he is type of guy i always wanted and its not out of desperation. The only reason i am unmarried yet is because we are not there financially yet. So dont worry your lil head about me. I am fine. But why you so bitter though lmao. Dont worry no matter what there will always be stupid girls who will be desperate enough for the likes of you.

Lol!

Now, this is funny!

My sister, there will always be undecided

2 Likes

Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by dabrake(m): 2:01pm On Oct 07, 2013
LMAO. Who is even looking for a wife? Money over everything oh.

All I need from a woman is to sign a contract with her. She will bear me 2 kids, train them till they are 5 and then I pay her off. I am happy, she is happy, everybody are happy.

2 Likes

Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by UjSizzle(f): 2:02pm On Oct 07, 2013
eddiebruk:

You misunderstand the topic. Well either that or you believe the woman is the cause of domestic violence.
Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by trolling(m): 2:02pm On Oct 07, 2013
nyere84: Its useful...!!!

Life does not begin wit husband.!!
Life will not end wit husband..!!

There is more to life to enjoy, to give you happiness and make you fulfilled.

#say no to an abusive man#
And I can authoritatively tell you that without a head(man), no woman and I mean no woman would make it into the kingdom or why do you think scriptures say in that day seven women will hold on to a man,mind you its not going to be happening in Nigeria, go figure out where the kingdom is then you can talk , don't allow pride and feminism to deceive you also, at the end of the day its all about salvation and eternal life

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

I'm Sleeping With My Boss In The Office / Woman With 2 Failed Marriages Finds Love With A Prince Who Is Single / What If A Girl You Don't Like Loves You And Stalks You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.