Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,324 members, 7,808,083 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:55 AM

Literature Section Awards 2013 - Literature (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Literature Section Awards 2013 (17351 Views)

Revamping Our Dying Literature Section... I Nominate Divepen1 And Llaykorn Mods / Literature Section Awards Nomination Thread - / Literature Section Awards Nomination Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Go Down)

Re: Literature Section Awards 2013 by Madawaki01(m): 11:24pm On Oct 21, 2013
Comedy at it best
Re: Literature Section Awards 2013 by UjSizzle(f): 11:28pm On Oct 21, 2013
Mynd_44: What's wrong with everyone na? My comment to Repogirl was a joke na.

What's with y'all going personal? I tire oo
sharrap angry
I'm jealous embarassed
Re: Literature Section Awards 2013 by Mynd44: 11:34pm On Oct 21, 2013
uj_sizzle:
Ashewo angry
You know me grin
Re: Literature Section Awards 2013 by Mynd44: 11:34pm On Oct 21, 2013
uj_sizzle:
sharrap angry
I'm jealous embarassed
I was just pulling her legs. It's you I really want na
Re: Literature Section Awards 2013 by Obinnau(m): 11:44pm On Oct 21, 2013
Folks you are derailing.
Re: Literature Section Awards 2013 by Slickest(m): 11:49pm On Oct 21, 2013
I hear say I carry second nd 3rd
Re: Literature Section Awards 2013 by princesa(f): 11:55pm On Oct 21, 2013
#Princesa allows the sane headed CY talk#

CY's perspective:
From the onset, I never really liked this award thingy, nor do i value comparisons among writers on this section, because it is likely to create rivalry and un-necessary competition amongst us, when we should be one big family, all budding authors improving ourselves and learning from each other. Not wiping up sentiments or clamoring for votes from our fans and forcing them to choose between writers!

For example, if Repogirl, Glowingscenes, Ishilove and underage works are grouped together and I, being a lover of all their works, is forced to choose from one of them, i definitely would feel bad and clueless, wanting not to hurt feelings or come out looking like a back-stabbersad

the Point is, we are all unique in our different ways, so why come up with a measuring scale for us? sad

The maiden edition of this award was very flawed, (I was grouped in fantasy for one when I never even wrote fantasy!)

plus Stories that were still running as at the time of the award, used it to their advantage by overtly and covertly hinting for fans to vote for them. Which is all Crap!

The poster of the year seems better and less sentimental, and that should stick, so please Mynd and co, go back to the drawing board...(and write ABC grin)...sorry that was Princesa speaking, wonder why she wont sleepsad

As i was saying, I've been a fan of this section for eons and...(I was thinking of contesting for Miss Literature section grin)...Princesa go to bed! angry

As i was still speaking, so lets just put this whole thing behind and forge forward okay, love you allsmiley

#Princesa gets irritated and speaks#

Now aunty Cy, pls go to bed, you think say nairaland na ur papa or husband farm, abeg commot for road Jo angry

# a hot fight ensues between Princesa and Cy#

fight!

Fight!

Fight!cheesy

#...and Princesa wins#cheesy

yeah yeah, una still dey here, is that a newbie called Mynd-55, oya come lets rock and roll, leave all this mofos alone grin

Una goodnight ohcheesy

2 Likes

Re: Literature Section Awards 2013 by princesa(f): 11:58pm On Oct 21, 2013
Obinnau:
Folks you are derailing.
common chop liver Jocheesy

say: 'Mynd you're derailing' which kain folks be that grin

infact...join the band wagoncheesy

1 Like

Re: Literature Section Awards 2013 by jayloyexten(m): 12:19am On Oct 22, 2013
princesa: #Princesa allows the sane headed CY talk#

CY's perspective:
From the onset, I never really liked this award thingy, nor do i value comparisons among writers on this section, because it is likely to create rivalry and un-necessary competition amongst us, when we should be one big family, all budding authors improving ourselves and learning from each other. Not wiping up sentiments or clamoring for votes from our fans and forcing them to choose between writers!

For example, if Repogirl, Glowingscenes, Ishilove and underage works are grouped together and I, being a lover of all their works, is forced to choose from one of them, i definitely would feel bad and clueless, wanting not to hurt feelings or come out looking like a back-stabbersad

the Point is, we are all unique in our different ways, so why come up with a measuring scale for us? sad

The maiden edition of this award was very flawed, (I was grouped in fantasy for one when I never even wrote fantasy!)

plus Stories that were still running as at the time of the award, used it to their advantage by overtly and covertly hinting for fans to vote for them. Which is all Crap!

The poster of the year seems better and less sentimental, and that should stick, so please Mynd and co, go back to the drawing board...(and write ABC grin)...sorry that was Princesa speaking, wonder why she wont sleepsad

As i was saying, I've been a fan of this section for eons and...(I was thinking of contesting for Miss Literature section grin)...Princesa go to bed! angry

As i was still speaking, so lets just put this whole thing behind and forge forward okay, love you allsmiley

#Princesa gets irritated and speaks#

Now aunty Cy, pls go to bed, you think say nairaland na ur papa or husband farm, abeg commot for road Jo angry

# a hot fight ensues between Princesa and Cy#

fight!

Fight!

Fight!cheesy

#...and Princesa wins#cheesy

yeah yeah, una still dey here, is that a newbie called Mynd-55, oya come lets rock and roll, leave all this mofos alone grin

Una goodnight ohcheesy

well constructed argument-
the rivalry and chilvary plus acrimony uttered in cacophony due to such unnecessary battle of elephantism and lion junglism
would only break us instead of kniting us together as a big bunch where CESA strokes the hair of FOXY n FOXY does not react like a fox, for example- ;-))

well
maybe it has its way of encouragin writers
buh i from my vantage point and so many others-
i fink the bad
is badder than the good

oooops!
-
Re: Literature Section Awards 2013 by Mynd44: 12:24am On Oct 22, 2013
Princesa, seems you get the idea behind some of my actions and why I did not allow the number of posts to be posted or naming certain person's "winners" or losers cos I don't have time to fan someone's egos.

No one should take this serious cos everyone is a winner, it is just a huge way for the writers to know that people love their works enough to vote for them even if they win or not.

Frank deserves respect and so does Ishilove if for anything, them don tey for heregringrin I know how this section is when it comes to egos trips and people feeling like they are better than someone else so I try to balance that.

This is not a contest as I said earlier neither is it a popularity contest. It is just a way for the readers to say "thanks" and if anyone thinks cos he/she made "Top three" in a genre he is "da bomb", bomb dey the person head.

It is a fun even so lets keep it that way. Writing is serious enough without people trying to make your head swell

4 Likes

Re: Literature Section Awards 2013 by chistar01(m): 6:49am On Oct 22, 2013
sir EAGLES: @princesa naah I don't do drugs, trust me agbo is better than drugs, @mynd I see ur handwork, max respect. @chistar my diss wasn't directed @ u was jst a general observation & i believe a certain legal document called the constitution gives me freedom of speech
see explaination ohshocked
Re: Literature Section Awards 2013 by Neduzze5(m): 6:58am On Oct 22, 2013
Mynd_44: Princesa, seems you get the idea behind some of my actions and why I did not allow the number of posts to be posted or naming certain person's "winners" or losers cos I don't have time to fan someone's egos.

No one should take this serious cos everyone is a winner, it is just a huge way for the writers to know that people love their works enough to vote for them even if they win or not.

Frank deserves respect and so does Ishilove if for anything, them don tey for heregringrin I know how this section is when it comes to egos trips and people feeling like they are better than someone else so I try to balance that.

This is not a contest as I said earlier neither is it a popularity contest. It is just a way for the readers to say "thanks" and if anyone thinks cos he/she made "Top three" in a genre he is "da bomb", bomb dey the person head.

It is a fun even so lets keep it that way. Writing is serious enough without people trying to make your head swell

At the bolded, oops grin

But seriously, I think these awards were flawed.
Why wasn't there an award for Most Inconsistent Poster of the Year
And why didn't I win?
Re: Literature Section Awards 2013 by Pattey(m): 7:16am On Oct 22, 2013
Mynd_44:
Stop jonzingtongue....top three in each category.

You're very correct, don't mind the guy. . . After all, if "three winners" weren't selected per category, your name 'Mynd_44' wouldn't have featured at all as a "winner" grin. . . Even if it was as an "Assistant Winner". . . Congrats Oga Moderator cheesy
Re: Literature Section Awards 2013 by Obinnau(m): 7:53am On Oct 22, 2013
Pattey:

You're very correct, don't mind the guy. . . After all, if "three winners" weren't selected per category, your name 'Mynd_44' wouldn't have featured at all as a "winner" grin. . . Even if it was as an "Assistant Winner". . . Congrats Oga Moderator cheesy
na so the dissing reach grin
Re: Literature Section Awards 2013 by Pattey(m): 8:30am On Oct 22, 2013
Obinnau: na so the dissing reach grin

You have no idea how much I dislike Mynd, assin, wit soooo much passion. . .
The type in which when I wake up in the morning and finish planning my day, , , at that interlude b4 activities and I have spare time for rubbish thoughts; I just tink of Mynd nd hope he's visited by the Fleas of a thousand camels, feasting on his groins and his hands suddenly get shrinked so he cant scratch!

*evil laff* grin
Re: Literature Section Awards 2013 by princesa(f): 8:34am On Oct 22, 2013
Anyways, It was fun while it lasted!cheesy

and yeah, Frank and Ishi deserves recognition on this section, and am thinking of adopting Frank as my Nl daddy, even as Ishi is already my NL mummy grin

It's all good and i love this sectionsmiley

1 Like

Re: Literature Section Awards 2013 by repogirl(f): 8:52am On Oct 22, 2013
Pattey:

You're very correct, don't mind the guy. . . After all, if "three winners" weren't selected per category, your 'Mynd_44' wouldn't have featured at all as a "winner" grin. . . Even if it was as an "Assistant Winner". . . Congrats Oga Moderator cheesy

yeehsh!

Princessa, okay, u r right to an extent but I still refuse to accept that because a story is ongoing puts it in a favorable position, something memorable will stand out, e.g. tenth generation........anyway, for me the awards are a great idea just needs some tightening up.

We weren't made aware that three people would emerge as winners and that's where my surprise came from.....its not as if we are receiving prize sef..... Like mynd said, it should be fun..... But let's know the rules from the onset.

Anyway I have talked enuf jare, lemme go and complete my own story
Re: Literature Section Awards 2013 by Mynd44: 8:59am On Oct 22, 2013
repogirl:

yeehsh!

Princessa, okay, u r right to an extent but I still refuse to accept that because a story is ongoing puts it in a favorable position, something memorable will stand out, e.g. tenth generation........anyway, for me the awards are a great idea just needs some tightening up.

We weren't made aware that three people would emerge as winners and that's where my surprise came from.....its not as if we are receiving prize sef..... Like mynd said, it should be fun..... But let's know the rules from the onset.
Anyway I have talked enuf jare, lemme go and complete my own story

Smh
Re: Literature Section Awards 2013 by 3Dimension: 9:08am On Oct 22, 2013
All this ppl wey dey shout say sef. Una no dey see top three winners for competition ni.
No noise for hear make the winners enjoy the euphoria. (Btw evrybody is a winner sef)

Congrat to all the winners and writters u all r the best.
Re: Literature Section Awards 2013 by 3Dimension: 9:09am On Oct 22, 2013
Pattey:

The type in which when I wake up in the morning and finish planning my day, , , at that interlude b4 activities and I have spare time for rubbish thoughts; I just tink of Mynd nd hope he's visited by the Fleas of a thousand camels, feasting on his groins and his hands suddenly get shrinked so he cant scratch!

*evil laff* grin

Oya take 5naira go play for outside

2 Likes

Re: Literature Section Awards 2013 by princesa(f): 10:06am On Oct 22, 2013
Pattey:

*evil laff* grin

wikid! cheesy

@repogirl, tenth generation ba? Forget that thing, you know know wetin dey sup for herewink, we know every underground work jare, nobody is innocent as per my accusation, and i can stand on it cool

Pls complete that fighter Kite story Jo, we yaff waited tey teycheesy
Re: Literature Section Awards 2013 by delepaul(m): 10:29am On Oct 22, 2013
My own observation is dt d moderators of dis literature session don't possess the abilities and moderator's orientation to handle dis session.
The 1st day i bcame a NLer, i knew dis guy (mynd) is nt capable of being a moderator....we gat pple on Nairaland who are more able and capable of handling dis session.
This award thing is just pissing me off..
Re: Literature Section Awards 2013 by Obinnau(m): 10:41am On Oct 22, 2013
dele-paul:
My own observation is dt d moderators of dis literature session don't possess the abilities and moderator's orientation to handle dis session.
The 1st day i bcame a NLer, i knew dis guy (mynd) is nt capable of being a moderator....we gat pple on Nairaland who are more able and capable of handling dis session.
This award thing is just pissing me off..
oya come and handle it. I dash you my own. Username: obinnau. Password pu*Behind
Re: Literature Section Awards 2013 by delepaul(m): 10:41am On Oct 22, 2013
Obinnau: Folks you are derailing.
shuu, see dis 1 sef..na ur oga dey derail..he dey fine babe 4 d wrong place :@
Re: Literature Section Awards 2013 by spaq: 11:28am On Oct 22, 2013
Obinnau: oya come and handle it. I dash you my own. Username: obinnau. Password pu*Behind

bt serzly, mynd dey fall hand..
Re: Literature Section Awards 2013 by VanTee20(m): 11:54am On Oct 22, 2013
princesa:

wikid! cheesy

@repogirl, tenth generation ba? Forget that thing, you know know wetin dey sup for herewink, we know every underground work jare, nobody is innocent as per my accusation, and i can stand on it cool

Pls complete that fighter Kite story Jo, we yaff waited tey teycheesy

Stop generalizing jor. I, for one, didn't do any campaign or secret legwork for my humble old story and it did earn a respectable number of votes. I believe there are some other writers like that too. tongue tongue
Re: Literature Section Awards 2013 by Ollyfad(f): 12:35pm On Oct 22, 2013
D nly problem i av wit dis award is african nerd nt makin d top 3 in d comedy category.anyways d awards wasnt my kinda way of recognisin a wryta.al of u crucifyin mynd suld giv im sum break,u dnt xpect im 2 b perfect kus e is human 2.oga frankeinsten m sure many wil agree wit me dat u dserve d recognition
Re: Literature Section Awards 2013 by princesa(f): 12:41pm On Oct 22, 2013
I didn't generalize

the culprit know themselves

congratulations on the votes

but It don't take a hair off my head cool

now run along go complete ur story, one ethic of writing: Never keep ur readers waiting tongue

Mofo cool
Re: Literature Section Awards 2013 by Pattey(m): 1:21pm On Oct 22, 2013
3Dimension:

Oya take 5naira go play for outside

Who is this one undecided . . . NB: This thread isn't where your mates hangout, holla @ Seun to create a kiddy section for U.. . K?
Re: Literature Section Awards 2013 by Cheriepet: 3:11pm On Oct 22, 2013
To all writers i say congratulations n thanks for writing n keeping me company.

to d winners in each category
Kay u are good.
Repogirl u are special to my heart.
Mynd thumbs up to u.
Frankie u rock my world
Oga Flow u wan tear my belle with laugh
Mazi u b d man wey sabi.

My Oga Frank we know our meeting jointcheesy we go jam 4 dere
Re: Literature Section Awards 2013 by VanTee20(m): 6:21pm On Oct 22, 2013
princesa: I didn't generalize

the culprit know themselves

congratulations on the votes

but It don't take a hair off my head cool

now run along go complete ur story, one ethic of writing: Never keep ur readers waiting tongue

Mofo cool

1. You did. That 'Nobody' said it all.

2. Of course they do.

3. Same to you. cool

4. Nobody says it should.

5. LOL! See who's talking tongue tongue

6. Mofo? shocked shocked. Well, no problem if you are the 'Mo' grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Literature Section Awards 2013 by delepaul(m): 6:45pm On Oct 22, 2013
Ollyfad: D nly problem i av wit dis award is african nerd nt makin d top 3 in d comedy category.anyways d awards wasnt my kinda way of recognisin a wryta.al of u crucifyin mynd suld giv im sum break,u dnt xpect im 2 b perfect kus e is human 2.oga frankeinsten m sure many wil agree wit me dat u dserve d recognition
Guy, no tell me dt 1..To whom much is given, much is xpected

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Secret Life Of A Nigerian Teenager / Had I Know 18+ / Chimamanda Adichie Receives Honorary Degree From University Of Edinburgh

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.