Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,262 members, 7,807,904 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:15 PM

Tinubu Visits Crash Survivors. Comments On Aviation Sector. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Visits Crash Survivors. Comments On Aviation Sector. (13343 Views)

Governors Shun Private Jets As Buhari's Body Language Hits Aviation Sector / Bola Tinubu Visits Shettima, Borno State Governor / Bola Tinubu Visits Buhari In London(Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu Visits Crash Survivors. Comments On Aviation Sector. by Gbawe: 8:31am On Oct 07, 2013
http://thenationonlineng.net/new/tinubu-visits-crash-survivors/

Tinubu visits crash survivors

ASIWAJU BOLA AHMED TINUBU, THE APC NATIONAL LEADER VISITS PLANE CRASH SURVIVORS @ LASUTH

Former Lagos State Governor, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu yesterday visited the survivors of the Associated Aviation crash at the Lagos State University Teaching Hospital (LASUTH), where they are being treated.
The aircraft which was conveying the body of the former Ondo State governor, Dr. Olusegun Agagu and some others to Akure crashed on Thursday after taking off in Lagos.

Shortly after landing at the Murtal Muhammed International Airport, Lagos, the leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC) visited the victims. He was accompanied by his wife Senator Oluremi, the interim spokesperson of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Alhaji Lai Mohammed, Speaker of Lagos State House of Assembly, Mr. Adeyemi Ikuforiji and other party stalwarts. The former Lagos governor spent some time at the ward.
He described the death of the former Ondo State governor as a great loss to the country, describing Agagu as a good man he will miss despite their partisan differences.

He said Nigerians should give thanks to God for sparing the lives of Agagu’s son: Feyi and the son in law in the crash, affirming that government needs to fix the corruption and rot in the aviation sector.
Speaking in an interview on arrival at the airport, he described the crash as a national disaster, and called on the Federal Government to urgently overhaul the aviation sector.

He said until professionals are put in place to oversee the industry, the country may not meet the global standard of aviation it desires.
Rather than put the right personnel and equipment in place including a world standard runway, government he said has used the aviation sector to victimise perceived political enemies , whose aircraft are either grounded or recalled mid air.

He cited examples of the Rivers State Governor, Rotimi Chibuike Amaechi and the Edo State Governor, Comrade Adams Oshiomhole.
Asiwaju said “Agagu was a committed family man. Tunji (Okusanya) was a close friend of every one of us. But God has done one thing, has shown us His wonders. In the midst of all of these, Feyi Agagu survived, his brother in law survived.
“He has given room for us to give thanks to God.

Nigeria’s aviation sector is a risk, we have never allowed professionals to run the Aviation industry, and we created too much bureaucracy. Where are the professionals, where are the engineers? What is the age of the plane and the records of maintenance? But when they have already compromised the office, they waste our valuable lives and time.”
He lamented that corruption has crippled the system, as according to him, “We have to remove corruption that is a cancer in our society. We have to remove ethnicity and clannishness in our society; it is a shame on our society.”

4 Likes

Re: Tinubu Visits Crash Survivors. Comments On Aviation Sector. by SLIDEwaxie(m): 8:44am On Oct 07, 2013
Good for HiM.
But, so what?

All na politics undecided

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Visits Crash Survivors. Comments On Aviation Sector. by Gbawe: 9:00am On Oct 07, 2013
SLIDE waxie: Good for HiM.
But, so what?

All na politics undecided

Perhaps. All the same, do you see any validity in his claim or not?

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Visits Crash Survivors. Comments On Aviation Sector. by Nobody: 9:04am On Oct 07, 2013

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Visits Crash Survivors. Comments On Aviation Sector. by Nobody: 9:22am On Oct 07, 2013
I agree with Tinubu. Until professionals are put in place to run the sectors of this country,we will still remain where we are.

9 Likes

Re: Tinubu Visits Crash Survivors. Comments On Aviation Sector. by femi4: 9:25am On Oct 07, 2013
Political statement, always looking for cheap political points

4 Likes

Re: Tinubu Visits Crash Survivors. Comments On Aviation Sector. by Gbawe: 9:32am On Oct 07, 2013
femi4: Political statement, always looking for cheap political points

Where in the entire world do politicians not make "political statements"? It is left to you, if you wish to be better led, to inspect what is said to note whether you need to lobby your leaders regarding a change in status quo or whether to focus on the messenger and his "political statement" while things remain deplorable.

6 Likes

Re: Tinubu Visits Crash Survivors. Comments On Aviation Sector. by Gbawe: 9:39am On Oct 07, 2013
berem: I agree with Tinubu. Until professionals are put to run the affairs of the sectors of this country,we will still remain where we are.

This is it. Whether it is Tinubu who is making the call or IBB or even P Square and Dbanj, is the assertion wrong? I.e the notion of ensuring core professionals/tecnocrats and experts lead sectors they can add real value to because of their specific skill set and background? I for one thinks our Sports sector, as one example, has stagnated because we have always used the Sports Ministry as a patronage tool where it is those unconnected with sports who are serially chosen to head the sector whereas others who live and breathe sports are shunned.

16 Likes

Re: Tinubu Visits Crash Survivors. Comments On Aviation Sector. by ikeyman00(m): 9:57am On Oct 07, 2013
^^ keep talking to urself; it shall be well

@@@

the timing of Tinubu rampant visit is of concern ooo
Re: Tinubu Visits Crash Survivors. Comments On Aviation Sector. by moscobabs(m): 10:14am On Oct 07, 2013
but what makes it a News is there any different in Tinubu Visit and my Visit
Re: Tinubu Visits Crash Survivors. Comments On Aviation Sector. by Nobody: 10:15am On Oct 07, 2013
Ok ooo
Re: Tinubu Visits Crash Survivors. Comments On Aviation Sector. by 3ace(m): 10:19am On Oct 07, 2013
moscobabs: but what makes it a News is there any different in Tinubu Visit and my Visit

Lol, na who know u. Besides, u neva go visit dem na.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Visits Crash Survivors. Comments On Aviation Sector. by fckyourman: 10:20am On Oct 07, 2013
Tinubu is the man.
Re: Tinubu Visits Crash Survivors. Comments On Aviation Sector. by dridowu: 10:20am On Oct 07, 2013
Jagaban is Back for the best
double double twale to Jagaban
owo meji fun eyan kan
asiwaju of lagos
ori e wa ni be
actions speaks louder than words.
Ekaabo sir.
But seriously something urgent need to be done about the aviation sector so that we can put an end to all ds crashes.

4 Likes

Re: Tinubu Visits Crash Survivors. Comments On Aviation Sector. by Nobody: 10:28am On Oct 07, 2013
Where are those Igbo people that commend Stella Oduah, the Minister of Aviation, and even call for the re-election of GEJ because of the renovation of some airports, the one in Enugu, especially? Success in the aviation sector goes beyond beautifying airports or using the Minister to attack perceived enemies.
Does it surprise anybody that no foreign owned plane has crashed in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Visits Crash Survivors. Comments On Aviation Sector. by W3xy1(m): 10:30am On Oct 07, 2013
fckyourman: Tinubu is the man.
for real
Re: Tinubu Visits Crash Survivors. Comments On Aviation Sector. by akpur1(m): 10:36am On Oct 07, 2013
Tinubu who hates development what did he use lagos money to do during his term instead he was looting to his foreign acct while he was in office. He is an ANIMAL IN HUMAN SKIN all of dem plus BuHari ANIMAL WEAR AGBADA. Please its not avaition fault it dana airline

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Visits Crash Survivors. Comments On Aviation Sector. by Sloan: 10:36am On Oct 07, 2013
Nonso23: Playing politics with everything. Typical nigerian do -or-die politician.
Look at how he is exposing his crass ignorance about the aviation industry and how it is run.

Really?? Until you foo.lish people die avoidable violent deaths and affected personally by tragedy, the curse of mental blindness will never be lifted! So it is Politics he is playing when speaking the truth? Don't you people know that your retardeen will never fly those public planes, avaiation minister and in fact Tinubu will probably not fly them! The greater chance if someone being affected by these disasters is you people and the retardeen does not give a damn! He avoids Bornu BH states, has a huge armed army of guards every time he goes to the toilet and will keep his own life and family safe while foo.lish Nigerians are pawns to be sacrificed. Is his life more valuable than the human life if other Nigerians? Well for me and anyone I know, I will never fly any airline in Nigeria. When my flights land in Lagos, I will use the road and that will be the few times I visit Nigeria. You people deserve no pity, no succour or any help because you have no values for yourselves.

15 Likes

Re: Tinubu Visits Crash Survivors. Comments On Aviation Sector. by musiwa1l: 10:39am On Oct 07, 2013

did tinubu did it.

ola aviation have move ahead of you people.

they have to hand over all airport to state.

people have to show respect for people and not be arrogant that they have stolen govt money.

it like saying that in this age and time. how can tinubu or fashola say they want to be president., there is noway tinubu or fashola want to pick the governor of this lagos, it is not possible. no... why because the young shall grow.

they will drop the airplane from the sky of fashola or tinubu enter.. if they try to pick the governor of lagos. because people are feed up with most politician.

and all the sytle one generation knows have gone... have you people heard of the word RETIREMENT

the young shall grow... no more ekeli dili chukwu

it is now possible to shut down the whole of the nigeria airforce. no fly zone

When i say break up nigeria. I am talking to you as an expert. I am on a higher level than tinubu or fashola. i am telling you as an expert.

watch video,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZxr3x0hX-E
Re: Tinubu Visits Crash Survivors. Comments On Aviation Sector. by Nobody: 10:43am On Oct 07, 2013
musiwa1l: because they are smarted than you.

you have to show respect for people and not be arrogant that you have stolen govt money.

it like saying that in this age and time. you want tinubu or fashola to be president. or that tinubu or fashola want to pick the governor of this lagos, it is possible. no... why because the young shall grow.

and all the sytle one generation knows have gone... have you people heard of the world RETIREMENT

the young shall grow... no more ekeli dili chukwu

it is now possible to shut down the whole of the nigeria airforce. no fly zone

watch video,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZxr3x0hX-E
grin grin
Re: Tinubu Visits Crash Survivors. Comments On Aviation Sector. by zomby(m): 10:46am On Oct 07, 2013
Even though, Tinubu too is another corrupt politician from another platform, but he has made an excellent point. It is now up to other politicians and Nigerians to capitalize on Tinubu's political comments.
Believe it or not, this is how positive changes come to light.

Making a hair dresser an aviation minister is never the right way.
We need honest and competent professionals to lead this very important sector.

Its time for Jonathan's girl to return back to her village and allow professionals to take over so that innocent Nigerian lives can be saved from dying like Xmas goats.

May the lovely and innocent souls of Uncle TUNJI sr and TUNJI jr and others rest in perfect peace.
Re: Tinubu Visits Crash Survivors. Comments On Aviation Sector. by taharqa: 10:47am On Oct 07, 2013
Who gives a ffuck what an IRRELEVANT Noisemaking Political Opportunist think about a very technical industry he has no clue about?? Anybody who says there isn't some significant improvemets in Nigeria's Airspace is an IGNORAMUS, to booth.

Below is the verdit of AVIATION EXPERTS from ICAO in their recent Expert Survey as Reported just last month. Who shld I believe? Experts from ICAO Or Political opportunists from SW Nigeria :

The International Civil Aviation Organisation (ICAO) has listed Nigeria as one of African 14 countries that has achieved effective air safety implementation, scoring above the global average of 61 per cent.

This rating is contained in this year’s ICAO Safety Report, compiled by organisation’s auditors who investigated the compliance with stipulated International safety standards by individual countries across the world.

ICAO , the global aviation regulator, consists of 200 countries.

The Coordinating spokesman of aviation parastatals, Yakubu Dati, said the ICAO 2013 Safety Report lends credence to the Category One certification granted Nigeria in 2011 by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) of the United States, for meeting stipulated international standards and practices on safety and security.

Dati explained that it signals the success of the Aviation Master Plan developed by the Minister of Aviation, Princess Stella Oduah.

He said: “The vision is to make Nigerian aviation sector a world-class provider of safe, secure and comfortable air transport sector that is self sustaining and pivotal to socio-economic growth.”

Meanwhile, the Nigerian Airspace Management Agency (NAMA) is sending 96 staff for training is part of on-going efforts to beef up capacity and manpower requirement preparatory to the imminent take-off of the Aeronautical Information Service (AIS) automation in November,

NAMA’s Managing Director, Mazi Nnamdi Udoh, said they will be trained in Basic Aeronautical Information Course at the Nigerian College of Aviation Technology ( NCAT), Zaria, adding that for effective deployment of logistics, the group shall run the course concurrently in four batches.

Udoh enjoined them to justify the agency’s huge investment in their training by taking their studies seriously.

ICAO has set November 15th 2013 as deadline for the implementation of AIS automation worldwide and the project have reached advanced stage of completion.

AIS automation when in operation, would enhance air safety with pilots sending their aeronautical messages on-line and this would reduce excessive telephone conversation between pilots and air traffic controllers.

http://thecitizenng.com/headline-2/icao-certifies-nigerias-airspace/

https://www.nairaland.com/1444938/nigeria-airspace-certified-rated-one

5 Likes

Re: Tinubu Visits Crash Survivors. Comments On Aviation Sector. by ngooka: 10:48am On Oct 07, 2013
Bola ahmed Tinubu
Re: Tinubu Visits Crash Survivors. Comments On Aviation Sector. by olatiler(m): 10:54am On Oct 07, 2013
akpur1: Tinubu who hates development what did he use lagos money to do during his term instead he was looting to his foreign acct while he was in office. He is an ANIMAL IN HUMAN SKIN all of dem plus BuHari ANIMAL WEAR AGBADA. Please its not avaition fault it dana airline

U must be stupid, this is only Governor in this country that survive 18 good month without FG allocation and still he owe no worker and more developmental project was going on

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Visits Crash Survivors. Comments On Aviation Sector. by Nobody: 11:00am On Oct 07, 2013
Goodluck Jonathan will visit the survivors too. If you remember, the President didn't any of the states attacked by Boko Haram even when he was criticised. He only did when member of APC (though yet to be formed then) visited the states.
Re: Tinubu Visits Crash Survivors. Comments On Aviation Sector. by Nobody: 11:00am On Oct 07, 2013

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Visits Crash Survivors. Comments On Aviation Sector. by pheesayor(m): 11:00am On Oct 07, 2013
DANA air is foreign (Indian) owned
Ola Johnson: Where are those Igbo people that commend Stella Oduah, the Minister of Aviation, and even call for the re-election of GEJ because of the renovation of some airports, the one in Enugu, especially? Success in the aviation sector goes beyond beautifying airports or using the Minister to attack perceived enemies.
Re: Tinubu Visits Crash Survivors. Comments On Aviation Sector. by WHIZBRO(m): 11:02am On Oct 07, 2013
Is it me or Tinubu or if you like Tinubu articulates his positions better than that dithering ogogoro high Otuoke man?
Re: Tinubu Visits Crash Survivors. Comments On Aviation Sector. by Slizbeat(m): 11:07am On Oct 07, 2013
Ola Johnson: Where are those Igbo people that commend Stella Oduah, the Minister of Aviation, and even call for the re-election of GEJ because of the renovation of some airports, the one in Enugu, especially? Success in the aviation sector goes beyond beautifying airports or using the Minister to attack perceived enemies.

Why has the past crashes happened in lagos??
Even the Enugu airport you guys complained of having bad run way hasn't had any form of crash or anything of sort.
Leave Oduah out of this, When FFK was there, what did he do??

As much as I agree with tinubu on the need to employ technocrats and professional, he should also help recommend a technocrat for us that is neither an IGBO, YORUBA or HAUSA and is not from APC(As in politically inclined)

Another thing is that I don't even know why that lagos airport is still in bad shape. I went there last week and wept cos the floor of the taxi park was a mess. Na so I carry poto poto enter international airport. I was really ashamed even though the local terminal is better to me. The airport needs to be deconjested if that is what is making it to remain d way it is. Send flights to ABJ, Port, Akwa Ibom and see the magic. The lagos airport shouldn't be a monopoly.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Visits Crash Survivors. Comments On Aviation Sector. by Nobody: 11:20am On Oct 07, 2013
Re: Tinubu Visits Crash Survivors. Comments On Aviation Sector. by MahatmaGhandi: 11:22am On Oct 07, 2013
this is just politics

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Paul Arkwright Visits Wike In Port Harcourt(pics / Mile-2 Clash: LASG Threatens To Suspend NURTW, RTEAN From Oshodi-Apapa Express / EFCC Detains Supo Shasore Over P&ID Scam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.