Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,557 members, 7,809,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:20 PM

Atheism Is Irrational. - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheism Is Irrational. (7381 Views)

Atheism Is A Religion: Kolooyinbo Explains. / Christianity Is Irrational (10 questions) / 3 Reasons Why Theism Is Irrational Compared To Atheism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheism Is Irrational. by Nobody: 9:22am On Oct 08, 2013
Old accounts die, old habits die harder. I think Chibu/joshthefirst should be banned for derailing.

This is not a thread for conversion. Can't you make arguments without referencing the Bible? Italo has done well so far.
Re: Atheism Is Irrational. by Joshthefirst(m): 9:22am On Oct 08, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

Rewind. Hit PLAY. Rewind. Hit PLAY. Rewind. Hit PLAY.

Nwokem. Onwe ihe lee me gi n'isi
Re: Atheism Is Irrational. by Joshthefirst(m): 9:24am On Oct 08, 2013
aManFromMars: Old accounts die, old habits die harder. I think Chibu/joshthefirst should be banned for derailing.

This is not a thread for conversion. Can't you make arguments without referencing the Bible? Italo has done well so far.
sad sad sad sad
Please did you read the post?
Re: Atheism Is Irrational. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 9:26am On Oct 08, 2013
Joshthefirst:
Nwokem. Onwe ihe lee me gi n'isi

O nginwa k'ihe n'eme n'isi.

You sound like a bloody broken record with nonsensical bible quotes. Just turn the page of the passage you quoted and see the same god saying the opposite of what you quoted and getting angry and meddling.

Don't derail the thread with things written by cave men long before your village was discovered. Use your own head.
Re: Atheism Is Irrational. by Nobody: 9:35am On Oct 08, 2013
Lol. As usual, the thread is about to experience a transformation. A kind of intellectual osmosis. Lol.
The place of higher concentration, that is, the region where providing answers is banned, is craved for, creating new room for a stunning reversal.
The examiner becomes the examined. But I am not surprised.
Re: Atheism Is Irrational. by Nobody: 9:36am On Oct 08, 2013
Reyginus: Lol. As usual, the thread is about to experience a transformation. A kind of intellectual osmosis. Lol.
The place of higher concentration, that is, the region where providing answers is banned, is craved for, creating new room for a stunning reversal.
The examiner becomes the examined. But I am not surprised.

Guy, you tried to sound intellectual but it failed.

1 Like

Re: Atheism Is Irrational. by Joshthefirst(m): 9:38am On Oct 08, 2013
Logicboy03:

shut up!
grin grin grin grin
Re: Atheism Is Irrational. by Nobody: 9:44am On Oct 08, 2013
Logicboy03:

Lol. I was wondering what quality is in a self-professed intellectual, who is always afraid of being examined, but laughs at those who manage to pass through examination. Logicb, wouldn't we be biased if we call this person an intellectual?
Re: Atheism Is Irrational. by DeepSight(m): 9:55am On Oct 08, 2013
Alfa Seltzer: @ deepsight,
what form would this creator of yours have?

The only thing that really exists is mind.

God IS the infinite and eternal mind.
Re: Atheism Is Irrational. by DeepSight(m): 9:56am On Oct 08, 2013
plaetton:
I Am surprised that you would say gbam to a post that is so blatantly laughable.
How can you support willful ignorance just because it supports you viewpoint.

To be honest, no intelligent and educated person should be debating the merits of evolutionary theory at this point in our history.
That time has passed.

For Trugunn to wax eloquently that everything remains the same over eons of time is so woefully ignorant, one wonders if he understands how the universe works at the most fundamental level.

Well my dear friend and brother, I can only repeat that if you found Trogunns post laughable, I can only wish you luck and strength in your path.
Re: Atheism Is Irrational. by italo: 10:10am On Oct 08, 2013
1. Mazaje.

Should I continue?

Mr Troll: Pls name some atheists you know who has made such claim.
Re: Atheism Is Irrational. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:12am On Oct 08, 2013
Deep Sight:

The only thing that really exists is mind.

God IS the infinite and eternal mind.

Good.

So if mind exists, following your logic, something must have created this mind. So whatever created mind is god. Isn't it?
Re: Atheism Is Irrational. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:13am On Oct 08, 2013
italo: 1. Mazaje.

Should I continue?

Mazaje asked, which god?
Re: Atheism Is Irrational. by italo: 10:15am On Oct 08, 2013
You're the laughable one. How am i to know you're not dating Rihanna?

Do i even know who you are?

Or you just expect me to believe you are not dating Rihanna without evidence?

Like Atheism does?

Thats blind faith!

Alfa Seltzer:

Hehehe. Xtians are laughable.
Re: Atheism Is Irrational. by italo: 10:16am On Oct 08, 2013
Mazaje has said many times that God doesnt exist. Do you want me to quote him?

Alfa Seltzer:

Mazaje asked, which god?
Re: Atheism Is Irrational. by DeepSight(m): 10:19am On Oct 08, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

Good.

So if mind exists, following your logic, something must have created this mind. So whatever created mind is god. Isn't it?

Mind is eternal and un-created.

The only real thing.

God, being itself the eternal and infinite mind, is the only truly real thing in existence. This mind, is, by nature, self-existent.
Re: Atheism Is Irrational. by italo: 10:24am On Oct 08, 2013
Dont try to shift the goal post. Atheism is of the position that there is no God/gods.

Do you believe that it is possible that God/gods exist, like Logicboy and Evil brain?

Mr Troll: Now, let me make a simple statement in this thread. . .

Italo, all the atheists you see here always argue against religious notions of god. You see, all religions try to define what their god is and should look like. Sadly, such notions have been found wanting and sometimes pretty ridiculous. As for me, i categorically state that all religious notions of gods are false and lack evidence so i don't believe in any of them.

As for Deists like DeepSight, what he is simply doing is shifting his god to the outer spheres of human knowledge. Plugging our ignorance with GOD!!!

We simply do not know how the universe really came about and all these gods are just desperate attempts at plugging our ignorance with something. . .
As soon as you define your god you begin to see its flaws and improbability. It is possible that something caused the universe but we don't know for sure, we can only speculate. Atheists are rational because they don't just believe without evidence, they disbelieve until evidence is provided.
When you say god created this universe, Mazaje asks which god? This is because everybody has their own notion of such god and they are all contradictory. It is not enough to shout GOD!!!
Re: Atheism Is Irrational. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:31am On Oct 08, 2013
italo: Mazaje has said many times that God doesnt exist. Do you want me to quote him?

Which one did he say did not exist? Which god?
Re: Atheism Is Irrational. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:33am On Oct 08, 2013
italo: You're the laughable one. How am i to know you're not dating Rihanna?

Do i even know who you are?

Or you just expect me to believe you are not dating Rihanna without evidence?

Like Atheism does?

Thats blind faith!

So you are admitting that even you do not even know if god exists? Just irrational blind faith.
Re: Atheism Is Irrational. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:34am On Oct 08, 2013
Deep Sight:

Mind is eternal and un-created.

The only real thing.

God, being itself the eternal and infinite mind, is the only truly real thing in existence. This mind, is, by nature, self-existent.

You are misquoting yourself. You said everything in the universe was created. Are you saying that mind is not in this universe?
Re: Atheism Is Irrational. by DeepSight(m): 10:48am On Oct 08, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

You are misquoting yourself. You said everything in the universe was created. Are you saying that mind is not in this universe?

The universe is but a figment of Mind.
Re: Atheism Is Irrational. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:50am On Oct 08, 2013
Deep Sight:

The universe is but a figment of Mind.

Note to self: stop arguing with deists.
Re: Atheism Is Irrational. by DeepSight(m): 10:55am On Oct 08, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

Note to self: stop arguing with deists.

I was not aware we were arguing, sir.
Re: Atheism Is Irrational. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:58am On Oct 08, 2013
Deep Sight:

I was not aware we were arguing, sir.

I know.
Re: Atheism Is Irrational. by frank317: 11:02am On Oct 08, 2013
man 1: i am a police man
logicboy: prove to me that u are a police man
man 1: prove to me that i am not a police man
logic boy: i see no evidence that show u are a police man; show me ur id or uniform or take me to ur office
man 1: u are irrational

2 Likes

Re: Atheism Is Irrational. by frank317: 11:24am On Oct 08, 2013
italo:

This thread is not for Theists to prove their claims.

It is to show that Atheists cant prove their claim with empirical evidence, yet they claim that anyone who believes something without empirical evidence is irrational.

That makes Atheism irrational.

still wondering... How can u emprically prove that something u cant see exist. The only emperical evidence here is: i cant see or feel it.
Re: Atheism Is Irrational. by FOLYKAZE(m): 12:27pm On Oct 08, 2013
italo:

Which God/gods do the Atheists disbelieve in. If one doesnt know what 'a' is, how then can he be certain that 'a' doesnt exist.

This still proves Atheism to be irrational.

lol. I argue this sometime ago.

I dont believe in Anthropomorphic God. If by saying God you mean mere admiration or metaphoric like I often use it for fela then we are good to go.
Re: Atheism Is Irrational. by FOLYKAZE(m): 12:32pm On Oct 08, 2013
aManFromMars:
Evidence for who? The creator or the created?

Did God need us to be God? Coz if seems without us, he's pretty useless. And bored.

is this guy an atheist or nihilist?
Re: Atheism Is Irrational. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 12:36pm On Oct 08, 2013
italo:

*new convert alert?*

I hear you say "possible."

Just respond to this. Not only do I know that god exists. I also believe in his existence. I even have proof of his existence. However everything you have been saying about him are lies. You blaspheme.
Re: Atheism Is Irrational. by FOLYKAZE(m): 12:38pm On Oct 08, 2013
wiegraf:

But it's irrational for him to believe they don't exist, or to believe that babalawos cannot create invisible bullet proof belts, etc etc.

Even regarding his skewed definition of atheism, he, as usual, makes no sense.

someone should inform this guy that there is difference between believing and knowing. Chai.

wiegraf watch me but cant see me.....im now nairaland nightmare. Lol
Re: Atheism Is Irrational. by Nobody: 1:18pm On Oct 08, 2013
plaetton:
I Am surprised that you would say gbam to a post that is so blatantly laughable.
How can you support willful ignorance just because it supports you viewpoint.

To be honest, no intelligent and educated person should be debating the merits of evolutionary theory at this point in our history.
That time has passed.

For Trugunn to wax eloquently that everything remains the same over eons of time is so woefully ignorant, one wonders if he understands how the universe works at the most fundamental level.

plaetton:

From which christian site did you get this post full of wishful fantasies and convoluted logic?

The time has really passed when smart people accept Darwin's now largely discredited notions on the Origin of Species - e.g. his so called "tree of life" and fruit flies stories, which flies against observed evidence. Science has afforded us the ability to study biosphere more and marvel at the sheer elegance of life.

Two key conclusions results: -

1) The more we peer, the more evidence of breathtaking design and intelligence we see. The possibility of random, uncoordinated/self-coordinating events leading to such complexity becomes so slim that it's practically impossible.
2) Organism remain largely unchanged over time. The supposed drivers for the evolutionary change - mutation and natural selection - just doesn't cut it. Considering we have millions of species, the no of the so-called "transitional organisms" are less than a handful - more likely just different species, evolving not.

It explains why there are many people, scientists included who disbelieve evolution. The holes in the theory are just gaping. Only a very ignorant person, lacking basic, fundamental knowledge of the universe would call life as we know it "simple". Claiming that millions or billions of years would somehow lead to this complexity is stretching it, more in the realm of conjecture. It sure requires great deal of blind faith to believe.

Hear what some biologists recently said about their doubts over Evolution: "We are skeptical of claims for the ability of random mutation and natural selection to account for the complexity of life. Careful examination of the evidence for Darwinian theory should be encouraged." - http://www.discovery.org/a/1558

Instead of swallowing everything you hear, even in classrooms, do examine the evidence yourself. You, sir, might very well be the ignorant one.
Re: Atheism Is Irrational. by jayriginal: 1:32pm On Oct 08, 2013
Just about two things are obvious from this thread.

Most people who argue against atheism do not know what it is.

The very same people refuse to learn and accept what atheism is because they will have little or nothing to argue against.

I do not mean "accept" as in become atheists themselves, I mean accept that what they considered atheism is a distorted definition.

Naturally, they will not take correction because it will mean they will have to stop saying things like

- atheism is a belief
- atheism relies on blind faith
- . . .

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Does The Bible Ever Refer To Jesus Christ As “god”? / The Earliest Images Of Jesus Show Him To Be A Black Man - Pics / Come Now Let Us Reason Together

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.