Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,318 members, 7,808,070 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:39 AM

Ladies, How Would You Want To Be Approached? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ladies, How Would You Want To Be Approached? (11384 Views)

Never Been Approached By A Guy / At 28 No Man Has Ever Approached Me For Sex, A Lady Laments(photo) / Shy Girls: How To Talk To Them... Do They Want To Be Approached? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ladies, How Would You Want To Be Approached? by Aiyetunje: 4:25pm On Jun 30, 2008
Ladies, my simple question is this?

How would you like to be approached?

Why am I asking?

Let me paint you a picture - I'm walking down the road and see this lovely girl, beautyful, walking glamorously towards me. She walks tall, looks splendid in her jeans and top and looks irresistible. I want to talk to her, get to know her, be a friend, start a friendship (but all platonic mind you, I am speaking for myself o!). What do I do that wont turn her off or reek of desperate young man?

OR

I want to catch a bus and I stroll down to the bus stop & see same girl above also waiting? What to do?

OR

I walk into an eatery or a supermarket and see same beauty. . . what to do?

So ladies, what would you want me to do? or any other guy for that matter? Assuming we cant take our eyes off & just keep quiet. Yeah, I know curiosity killed the cat!
Re: Ladies, How Would You Want To Be Approached? by iice(f): 5:09pm On Jul 01, 2008
No lame openings like - you're beautiful / i've seen you around type of thing. 
Be confident and try to get the vibe of the person as in understand what she's saying and not saying grin
No trying to automatically think/feel like you, just let it flow
some people are seriously dense even a nuclear bomb will not illuminate anything

1 Like

Re: Ladies, How Would You Want To Be Approached? by tope2000(f): 5:11pm On Jul 01, 2008
iice:

No lame openings like - you're beautiful / i've seen you around type of thing.
Be confident and try to get the vibe of the person as in understand what she's saying and not saying grin
No trying to automatically think/feel like you, just let it flow
some people are seriously dense even a nuclear bomb will not illuminate anything

@poster
READ CAREFULLY!!!!
Re: Ladies, How Would You Want To Be Approached? by chamotex(m): 5:12pm On Jul 01, 2008
*making notes[size=8pt][/size]* grin
Re: Ladies, How Would You Want To Be Approached? by Gamine(f): 5:18pm On Jul 01, 2008
I DO NOT WANT approachment

Abeg!

Approach ONLY when you have a yacht or private jet!

Thank You, thats how i wanna be approached.
Re: Ladies, How Would You Want To Be Approached? by chamotex(m): 5:19pm On Jul 01, 2008
hmm *still making notes*
Re: Ladies, How Would You Want To Be Approached? by Nobody: 5:27pm On Jul 01, 2008
Yiikkkeesssss!!!!!!!!!
Re: Ladies, How Would You Want To Be Approached? by kingdong(m): 5:34pm On Jul 01, 2008
chamotex:

hmm *still making notes*

Chamo, dude abeg i go copy yur notes later, i wan saray reach one thread like dat. 9ice wan!
Re: Ladies, How Would You Want To Be Approached? by noetic(m): 6:02pm On Jul 01, 2008
Gamine:

I DO NOT WANT approachment

Abeg!

Approach ONLY when you have a yacht or private jet!

Thank You, thats how i want to be approached.

ole, ole ole oleeeeeee . . . . . . . . . grin cool cool grin cool shocked

ole, oleeee . . . . . . . . grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Ladies, How Would You Want To Be Approached? by naijadiva2(f): 6:08pm On Jul 01, 2008
all guys need to take note.  grin

first things first, do not, i repeat, do not approach a female if you are dirty. i hate seeing dirty guys trying to talk to me, i'm like: "go shave your hair and take a bath."  and also try not to be forceful, that is a big no no and a turn off. and also, know your age range, nothing is more annoying than seeing a 30 year old MAN trying to date a 15 year old GIRL. BIG NO NO.

*after typing this, i should write a book cheesy grin*
Re: Ladies, How Would You Want To Be Approached? by chamotex(m): 6:11pm On Jul 01, 2008
*carrys on making notes*
Re: Ladies, How Would You Want To Be Approached? by ebmulo(m): 7:18pm On Jul 01, 2008
From my little experience as a man i have observed a few things as regards approaching women.

First of all,understand that as God has given each of us a different face,so we individually have a different imagination and character.From this it follows that each of us lives according to our particular character and imagination and personality.

From the above explanation, i believe there is no approach method that can be guaranteed to work 100% on any lady or group of ladies in any situation.What works for one lady or the last three ladies may not work for the next lady you approach.

Some ladies like an indirect approach where you first beat about the bush before using style to say what you want,while most ladies like you to in a few short words,go straight to the point.

Furthermore,almost all ladies knows what you're after the second you approach her,so trying to use an indirect method to sugarcoat your intentions may make her feel you think she is dumb which is insultive.

For my experience,the direct method of an introduction of yourselves followed by you telling her you'll like to get know her better if she doesn't mind usually works best for me.That will automatically bypass the friendship level and she will put you in a "potential boyfriend" zone in her mind from the begining.

Ofcourse there are several times you will get turned down,or even outrightly snubbed.This should be expected.Its part of dating.Console yourself in the fact that this can be due to several factors.

She may be happily engaged,she is in a good relationship,she is in a bad mood,she has a terrible day,she's on her period and is therefore moody.There are so many reasons that has nothing to do with you.

The basic things you need as a man is CONFIDENCE,and be relaxed.DO NOT BE AFRAID.It is much easier than you think.

She will respond to the vibe you give.If you are looking down and acting nervous,she will become uncomfortable.If you behave as if you are talking to someone you are used to,she will feel relaxed also.Body language is important.

Before you approach her,it might help if you send her some "sign" first.For me i try to establish some eye contact,or something to make her think i'm checking her out.Just approaching suddenly out of the blues may be too much for the lady to take.Its kind of spooky.

By sending a sign to her,you quickly know if approaching her maybe worthwhile.If she frowns her face or behaves negatively,she may be saying you should not attempt it.Some ladies will send a positive signal back to you, like sending glances back at you.

In public places,you just have to be a man and take your chances.

Everything depends on the settings and circumstances.A direct method may work on a lady in a particular circumstance,like maybe you are in the bus and you will be getting off soon.You just need to tell the lady you will be getting off soon and you'll like to get to know her more soon.The same direct method may not work on the same lady if you are on a train and the next stop is an hour away.She may want to use the opportunity to get to a bit about you there before deciding if she would like to know more.

Its not a good thing to lie or pretend.If you have not seen her before,dont lie that you have seen her around.If you see her around,tell her you see her around at soso place.Be specific.If you think she is a student,ask her if she is a student.Regardless of what she says,the ice has been broken.It really is easy.

First impessions matters a lot,so dress neatly,and show good taste, and smell nice.

The basic things you need is to be confident,and show a relaxed body language,and some luck.

The rest is up to circumstances and the lady.
Re: Ladies, How Would You Want To Be Approached? by StephenP(m): 7:29pm On Jul 01, 2008
Show her some paper and she's all yours jk . . . jk
Re: Ladies, How Would You Want To Be Approached? by noetic(m): 7:47pm On Jul 01, 2008
@ ebmulo

u spoke well. . . . . . . but hw come u knw so much?. . . . . . . r u a woman wrapper? grin grin grin grinjust kidding
Re: Ladies, How Would You Want To Be Approached? by ima1(f): 7:52pm On Jul 01, 2008
don't come up to me claiming you can buy me the world, cuz we both know you can't. and please don't use the "i've been watching you and i am in love with you" line cuz it means you have been stalking me.(stalker), don't come up showing off your money cuz if thats what you are banking on then i will help you spend it but don't expect anything from me. the way you come up to me is the way i will treat you.
Re: Ladies, How Would You Want To Be Approached? by Nobody: 7:56pm On Jul 01, 2008
ebmulo:

Before you approach her,it might help if you send her some "sign" first.For me i try to establish some eye contact,or something to make her think i'm checking her out.Just approaching suddenly out of the blues may be too much for the lady to take.Its kind of spooky.

By sending a sign to her,you quickly know if approaching her maybe worthwhile.If she frowns her face or behaves negatively,she may be saying you should not attempt it.Some ladies will send a positive signal back to you, like sending glances back at you.

this, i find, works pretty well and is a sure way to avoid a snub. You can always tell if she will be receptive or not.
Its a lot more difficult than you think though ebmulo, women are different so dont expect the same response.

One thing i however agree with is that you need loads of one thing - confidence.
Re: Ladies, How Would You Want To Be Approached? by Rapsody(m): 7:58pm On Jul 01, 2008
@Ebmulo
well said,brotha.
@Poster
- make eye-contact first and dnt be d first 2 look away

-catch her eye d second time bt dis time ,be d first to look away and smile slowly 2 urself like u just caught her checkin u out.

-walk briskly and confidently to her, look her str8 in d eyes and introduce urself (never offer ur hand)

- whatever she says, act like u already knew what her reaction was goin to be(let ur body language reflect confidence and ease)

- if she responds in a friendly manner, make it clear u find her an interesting person, bt u really hve sm  other stuff u need to do (dnt hang around, max: 3 mins)

-ask if she's got email and offer her a pen and paper to write it down

-while she's doin dat, tell her 2 also write her numba.

-Then walk away wt ur shoulders str8 and head high (dnt hang around)

-if u still dig her, call or mail her d next day (not dat same day)

All d best.

1 Like

Re: Ladies, How Would You Want To Be Approached? by Nobody: 8:02pm On Jul 01, 2008
It's beautiful being a woman cool. Who wants to be bothered about issues like this? Definitely not me. cool
Re: Ladies, How Would You Want To Be Approached? by ikamefa(f): 8:03pm On Jul 01, 2008
Rapsody:

rson, bt u really hve sm  other stuff u need to do (dnt hang around, max: 3 mins)

-if u still dig her, call or mail her d next day[b] (not that same day)[/b]

All d best.

and why not the same day? tongue cheesy
Re: Ladies, How Would You Want To Be Approached? by CH3COO(m): 8:04pm On Jul 01, 2008
rapsody, email? grin grin grin
Re: Ladies, How Would You Want To Be Approached? by Nobody: 8:05pm On Jul 01, 2008
ikamefa:

and why not the same day? tongue cheesy

the last thing you want her to think is that u're either desperate or have absolutely nothing else interesting going on in your life.

stillwater:

It's beautiful being a woman cool. Who wants to be bothered about issues like this? Definitely not me. cool

look at the flipside; a woman is only as good as the men who approach her. It takes a lot of nerve but i'd never swap this for a woman's shoes ever. I cant imagine seeing a guy i like and i wait till forever for him to approach me.
Re: Ladies, How Would You Want To Be Approached? by Pataki: 8:05pm On Jul 01, 2008
I don't approach ladies, they approach me!!!!! wink wink
Re: Ladies, How Would You Want To Be Approached? by Mesmerize(f): 8:07pm On Jul 01, 2008
ROTFLMAO!! grin grin

@Post
Approached by who?
debtors, friends, business man?
By celebrities, a man,, a woman, a child? grin
Re: Ladies, How Would You Want To Be Approached? by Nobody: 8:08pm On Jul 01, 2008
- if she responds in a friendly manner, make it clear u find her an interesting person, bt u really hve sm  other stuff u need to do (dnt hang around, max: 3 mins) - Depends on where you meet her though. If she's comfortable you can spend a bit more time with her. Caveat - Never stay until she's the one to initiate departure.

-ask if she's got email and offer her a pen and paper to write it down - Depends again, if you know where she lives or works and are likely to meet her more regularly i wouldnt do this on the first meet.

-while she's doin that, tell her 2 also write her numba. - Good idea, even though i chill until i'm more relaxed with her to take it to the next level.

Generally, good points.
Re: Ladies, How Would You Want To Be Approached? by ikamefa(f): 8:08pm On Jul 01, 2008
davidylan:

the last thing you want her to think is that u're either desperate or have absolutely nothing else interesting going on in your life.

na wah oh all this posing /posturing and effizzy

for wetin?  grin

is she likes and want you, you are still getting her, whether you contact her immediately or in 50 years  tongue "  grin "
Re: Ladies, How Would You Want To Be Approached? by syren: 8:09pm On Jul 01, 2008
Pataki:

I don't approach ladies, they approach me!!!!! wink wink

Lol yeah right grin
Re: Ladies, How Would You Want To Be Approached? by eldee(m): 8:09pm On Jul 01, 2008
Rapsody:

@Ebmulo
well said,brotha.
@Poster
- make eye-contact first and dnt be d first 2 look away

-catch her eye d second time bt this time ,be d first to look away and smile slowly 2 yourself like u just caught her checkin u out.

-walk briskly and confidently to her, look her str8 in d eyes and introduce yourself (never offer your hand)

- whatever she says, act like u already knew what her reaction was goin to be(let your body language reflect confidence and ease)

- if she responds in a friendly manner, make it clear u find her an interesting person, bt u really hve sm  other stuff u need to do (dnt hang around, max: 3 mins)

-ask if she's got email and offer her a pen and paper to write it down

-while she's doin that, tell her 2 also write her numba.

-Then walk away wt your shoulders str8 and head high (dnt hang around)

-if u still dig her, call or mail her d next day (not that same day)

All d best.

Give her your number instead
The days of men asking for contacts have passed
Re: Ladies, How Would You Want To Be Approached? by Nobody: 8:09pm On Jul 01, 2008
davidylan:

look at the flipside; a woman is only as good as the men who approach her. It takes a lot of nerve but i'd never swap this for a woman's shoes ever. I can't imagine seeing a guy i like and i wait till forever for him to approach me.

Naa you don't have to wait forever, there are subtle greenlights you give out and before you know it he's already eating from your palm. cool
Re: Ladies, How Would You Want To Be Approached? by TOH(f): 8:10pm On Jul 01, 2008
davidylan:

r. I can't imagine seeing a guy i like and i wait till forever for him to approach me.

You say that like all girls subscribe that that school of thought.
Re: Ladies, How Would You Want To Be Approached? by Nobody: 8:11pm On Jul 01, 2008
eldee:

Give her your number instead
The days of men asking for contacts have passed

big no no! You'll sit there waiting for her to contact you? If its a real decent chic she wont call you.

ikamefa:

na wah oh all this posing /posturing and effizzy

for wetin?  grin

is she likes and want you, you are still getting her, whether you contact her immediately or in 50 years  tongue "  grin "

my sister, some of the posturing is necessary.  grin you people are not so easy to read.
Re: Ladies, How Would You Want To Be Approached? by Mesmerize(f): 8:12pm On Jul 01, 2008
stillwater:

Naa you don't have to wait forever, there are subtle greenlights you give out and before you know it he's already eating from your palm. cool
Educate us plz
Re: Ladies, How Would You Want To Be Approached? by ikamefa(f): 8:13pm On Jul 01, 2008
davidylan:

big no no! You'll sit there waiting for her to contact you? If its a real decent chic she wont call you.

my sister, some of the posturing is necessary.  grin you people are not so easy to read.

odiegwu!  tongue grin

Mesmerize:

Educate us plz

seconded!  cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Reasons Why Women Should Forgive Their Cheating Bf's And Husband's / HOW MANY NAIRALAND GIRLS CAN SAY AMEN TO THIS? / Snack Or Meal? Very Big Breasted Lady Shows Off Her Breasts On Instagram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.