Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,362 members, 7,808,261 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:31 AM

Your Skills Can Earn You A Living! - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Your Skills Can Earn You A Living! (809 Views)

Man With One Hand That Breaks Firewood For A Living Pictured / 5 Ways Project Management Skills Can Boost Your Career In Nigeria / What Do You Do For A Living ??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Your Skills Can Earn You A Living! by skilllot(m): 10:23am On Oct 07, 2013
Good morning folks,

Just wonder why we study and learn new skills and wait till the acquired skills and knowledge become redundant over a period of time. This is what I found out after some study:

- Few say they are afraid of trying out their skills - Lack of confidence
- Some more say they have no funds to start off their newly learnt trade
- A greater number of people have this to say and I quote:

"The two reasons mentioned above is not really the issue. The problem is that no one knows people with such skills and trades to render the expected services. Since most people cannot advertise due to cost implications, they depend on the few clients they have for their daily bread".

Millions of people in and outside Nigeria have good skills and wares that cannot be easily accessed by millions of people who also need them, especially their within their locality.

A good example... I once needed a good cake and was not able to reach the caterer I'd known for long. It took me hours before I could get one but not within, instead about 20 km away. Few days after the event, I came across a baker residing less than a kilometer from my location. Maybe, if skilllot.com was up then, I'd not have suffered much.

Skilllot.com is a proudly Nigerian, online skills and service-provider directory that assists skilled people reach their potential clients who equally are in need of the services. Instead of wasting time and getting involved in some unwholesome practices during holidays, strikes and free periods, put your skills at work and get your bills paid....Remember, every skill counts...

Re: Your Skills Can Earn You A Living! by PalmTree(m): 2:21pm On Oct 08, 2013
Geographic Information Systems (GIS) is widely used across several fields ranging from Telecomms to Oil and Gas Industry. Which is why Greenland Consult Ltd (Geo-spatial and Remote Sensing experts) have decided to bring this technology closer to our future leaders. Acquire GIS skills today and provide your self with an advantage over other job seekers!
If you are currently studying Geography, Urban and regional planning, Geology, Agricultural sciences, Civil engineering, Information technology, Estate management, Surveying, Agric Extension, Public health science and Marketing, we have customized training classes for all the above listed disciplines. For hands-on technical training in GIS and Remote Sensing applications, you can send a mail to greenlandconsult89@gmail.com or tomimgis@gmail.com.
Phone: 08061185492
We also offer advanced training sessions on Crime mapping
analysis, Land information systems, Forest and natural
resource management, Environmental impact assessment
and Environmental Modelling. Thanks.
Re: Your Skills Can Earn You A Living! by PalmTree(m): 2:21pm On Oct 08, 2013
Double post

(1) (Reply)

I Really Need Your Advice Regarding My Career / 15 Common Habits That Can Damage Your Kidneys. / Suveryors N Geomatics(gis) Corner.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.