Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,869 members, 7,802,800 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:57 PM

Can You Steal From A Spouse? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Steal From A Spouse? (14605 Views)

When You Steal Banana From A Mammy Water Compound ( Photo) / Ladies Can You Steal For You Boyfriend ? / What Will You Steal From Your Spouse? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Steal From A Spouse? by RedHotChic(f): 5:20pm On Jun 30, 2008
My aunt's friend had a very rich husband in Nigeria and I remember vividly how she tells us that she constantly steal money from him to boost the family's financial budget since he's very stingy when it comes to giving his non working spouse money but will be quick to splash big money on his numerous mistresses. That story got me thinking that she may be ignorant of what is hers and what is not since she thinks she's stealing from him. He refused to give her the safe combination but she got it somehow(does it matter how she got it?).

Question: Can you really steal from your spouse since it's community property under marital laws?

Was she right in what she was doing? Did her actions qualify as stealing since you can't steal from yourself?.
Re: Can You Steal From A Spouse? by Nobody: 5:20pm On Jun 30, 2008
Yes of course.

His heart. grin
Re: Can You Steal From A Spouse? by RedHotChic(f): 5:21pm On Jun 30, 2008
lmao, some hearts cannot be stolen,
Re: Can You Steal From A Spouse? by jekkad: 5:21pm On Jun 30, 2008
she did not steal,she only tapped out from wat is hers cool
Re: Can You Steal From A Spouse? by Mesmerize(f): 5:23pm On Jun 30, 2008
@post
sometimes stealing in a marriage can be allowed as borrowing. . cool but you just wnt return it sad
Re: Can You Steal From A Spouse? by Busta(f): 5:23pm On Jun 30, 2008
#1. I can never date or marry a stingy man. I too like money o abeg.

#2. It depends . . but neva say neva.
if we are married . . of course I will.
Wat ever happened to "TWo Become One"

What is his is mine and wat is mine is mine. grin

1 Like

Re: Can You Steal From A Spouse? by Mesmerize(f): 5:23pm On Jun 30, 2008
lmao!! Busta, you're not serious grin
Re: Can You Steal From A Spouse? by RedHotChic(f): 5:24pm On Jun 30, 2008
she did not steal,she only tapped out from what is hers
I knew it, some people really think they are stealing from their wives or husbands.
Re: Can You Steal From A Spouse? by RedHotChic(f): 5:25pm On Jun 30, 2008
My girlfriend stole from me before, and that was the end of the relationship.
That one is different but whenever you sign a marriage certificate, she will not be able to steal from you again even if she wants to.
Re: Can You Steal From A Spouse? by debosky(m): 5:25pm On Jun 30, 2008
Busta:

#2. It depends . . but never say never.

Why you no talk that one before? *now I aint saying she a goldigga, but she aint rolling with no broke fellas* grin

Money lover + Barawo = Busta cheesy

It IS STEALING - how does it belong to you under 'marital law' na you work for d money??
Re: Can You Steal From A Spouse? by syren: 5:26pm On Jun 30, 2008
A loving husand will not keep what is owed or intended for his wife and vice versa. If I needed it and it was mine aswell as his then I would take, but not the money he earns, he can't do that to me either.  cool
Re: Can You Steal From A Spouse? by Mesmerize(f): 5:27pm On Jun 30, 2008
syren:

A loving husand will not keep what is owed or intended for his wife and vice versa. If I needed it and it was mine aswell as his then I would take, but not the money he earns, he can't do that to me either. cool
no no no!
You dnt steal his money, you're borrowing it. .just not returning it! grin but it does not go vice versa sad
Re: Can You Steal From A Spouse? by jekkad: 5:28pm On Jun 30, 2008
RedHotChic:

I knew it,[b][/b] some people really think they are stealing from their wives or husbands.

how do u mean?
Re: Can You Steal From A Spouse? by Busta(f): 5:29pm On Jun 30, 2008
debosky:

Why you no talk that one before? *now I aint saying she a goldigga, but she aint rolling with no broke fellas* grin

Money lover + Barawo = Busta cheesy

It IS STEALING - how does it belong to you under 'marital law' na you work for d money??

Debo,
If thats how u see it . . . na ur business be that.
Thats why I don't come near broke ass like u.
Re: Can You Steal From A Spouse? by Nobody: 5:29pm On Jun 30, 2008
Can you steal from your spouse sha? What's mine is his vice versa  tongue
Re: Can You Steal From A Spouse? by syren: 5:31pm On Jun 30, 2008
Mesmerize:

You dnt steal his money, you're borrowing it. .just not returning it! grin but it does not go vice versa sad

of course not wink
Re: Can You Steal From A Spouse? by jekkad: 5:32pm On Jun 30, 2008
i don't steal ooooo cool,i don't steal at all  sad but sometimes i take money from his bag wtout asking him  undecided and he still wouldnt know because i no go talk cool
that is not stealing ,its called sharpness cool
Re: Can You Steal From A Spouse? by RedHotChic(f): 5:32pm On Jun 30, 2008
Marital law= what is yours is now mine and what is mine is now yours. marriage is not about trading booty and love alone, it also involves material wealth too.
Re: Can You Steal From A Spouse? by jekkad: 5:33pm On Jun 30, 2008
studentetc:

@ redhot and mesmeriz

So if your child steals your money, he/she too is also borrowing it. no be so?

off topic sir,we r talking about spouse and not pikinssss cool
Re: Can You Steal From A Spouse? by RedHotChic(f): 5:33pm On Jun 30, 2008
@ redhot and mesmeriz

Are you married to your child?
Re: Can You Steal From A Spouse? by RedHotChic(f): 5:34pm On Jun 30, 2008
. If I needed it and it was mine aswell as his then I would take, but not the money he earns, he can't do that to me either. Cool
How can you take it if it wasn't the money he earns?
Re: Can You Steal From A Spouse? by RedHotChic(f): 5:36pm On Jun 30, 2008
Some dudes know how to swing abeg. The moment you have 2 kids et al for them, you'll be relegated to the basket of history and he'll start wasting the family income on his secretary.
Re: Can You Steal From A Spouse? by Hannibal: 5:37pm On Jun 30, 2008
RedHotChic:

My aunt's friend had a very rich husband in Nigeria and I remember vividly how she tells us that she constantly steal money from him to boost the family's  financial budget since he's very stingy when it comes to giving his non working spouse money but will be quick to splash big  money on his  numerous mistresses. That story got me thinking that she may be ignorant of what is hers and what is not since she thinks she's stealing from him. He refused to give her the safe combination but she got it somehow(does it matter how she got it?).

Question: Can you really steal from your spouse since it's community property under marital laws?

Was she right in what she was doing?  Did her actions qualify as stealing since you can't steal from yourself?.

There's nuthing wrong in what she is doing as long as it doesn't harm the husband financially.
Money is meant to be spent anyways. . . . .Who's gonna spend it when the husband goes 6 feet under?
Re: Can You Steal From A Spouse? by jekkad: 5:38pm On Jun 30, 2008
Busta:

#2. It depends . . but never say never.
What ever happened to "TWo Become One"

What is his is mine and what is mine is mine. grin

i no sure say u like money reach me,who no like better thing cool
Re: Can You Steal From A Spouse? by Busta(f): 5:38pm On Jun 30, 2008
RedHotChic:

Some dudes know how to swing abeg. The moment you have 2 kids et al for them, you'll be relegated to the basket of history and he'll start wasting the family income on his secretary.

No problem na.
As dey get female secretary . . . na so they get male secretaries.
Re: Can You Steal From A Spouse? by Busta(f): 5:39pm On Jun 30, 2008
jek_kad:

i no sure say u like money reach me,who no like better thing cool

Yes o . . . Abeg, to look good no be chewing gum.
if u can't afford me . . .scram!!
Re: Can You Steal From A Spouse? by jekkad: 5:40pm On Jun 30, 2008
studentetc:

Same difference.  its still the family purse.  if you dip hand into with without authorisation, you be thief.  As baba fela sing.

there is a great diff btw a child and a spouse,ok since u say its d same thing y not start shagging ur kids undecided
Re: Can You Steal From A Spouse? by Nobody: 5:41pm On Jun 30, 2008
what is the meaning of "broke ass"?
Is their sacral bone fractured or what?
Re: Can You Steal From A Spouse? by debosky(m): 5:41pm On Jun 30, 2008
If what is his is yours, then you must BOTH agree before you have access to his funds - or will you say because your body is your hubby's that he can force you to have sex anytime he wants because you 'belong to each other'??

A few moments from now, people will start talking about marital rape, well this is a simple case of marital ROBBERY. tongue
Re: Can You Steal From A Spouse? by Mesmerize(f): 5:43pm On Jun 30, 2008
@ redhot and mesmeriz

Do you need me to define the word "spouse" for you?
Re: Can You Steal From A Spouse? by jekkad: 5:43pm On Jun 30, 2008
debosky:

If what is his is yours, then you must BOTH agree before you have access to his funds - or will you say because your body is your hubby's that he can force you to have sex anytime he wants because you 'belong to each other'??

A few moments from now, people will start talking about marital rape, well this is a simple case of marital ROBBERYtongue

naaaa its not marital robbery ,its simply called marital wisdom and intelligence cool
Re: Can You Steal From A Spouse? by Busta(f): 5:43pm On Jun 30, 2008
davidylan:

what is the meaning of "broke ass"?
Is their sacral bone fractured or what?

not exactly but close.

@ debo
that ur jeko jeko skool u went to . . u need to go back fro refund o.
am glad u included the word "Marital" in front of "Robbery".
better know wathu goin into b4 u go and delcare ur vows cos it all comes in a combo!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Two Nigerian Ladies Fights Dirty Over A Malaysia Returnee (photos) / See Reasons You Don't Need A Curvy Girl With Big Ass / How men Easily Sleep With Ladies These Days. Photo!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.