Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,759 members, 7,802,321 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:27 PM

Web Template Design Contest For N50,000 + More - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Web Template Design Contest For N50,000 + More (842 Views)

Plz Bloggers I Need Naijaloaded Template/design / New Release! Lcs Digistore Ecommerce Web Template / I Need A Web Developer To Design A Content Web Template For Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Web Template Design Contest For N50,000 + More by Squirrel(m): 5:40pm On Jun 30, 2008
Hello Everyone,

Would you call this an Industry Challenge?

http://www.ByNigerians.com/ is organizing a Web Template Design Contest for Nigerians and they are giving away N50,000 plus more.

There's more information on their website. KASPA, I hope this challenges you?

wink
Re: Web Template Design Contest For N50,000 + More by uspry1(f): 5:50pm On Jun 30, 2008
From the mentioned link above, it say:

[center]Contest opens: Tuesday, 1st July, 2008

Contest closes: Friday, 1st August 2008

Results will be announced at a date in September 2008[/center]
Re: Web Template Design Contest For N50,000 + More by yawatide(f): 6:40pm On Jun 30, 2008
First off, I must say I like the layout of the site.

So I go to the page and see this in the header:
Did I hear you say yes?". Hold on a second, before you give that answer. Does CSS mean anything to you? What about XHTML? Can you do clean Website interfaces without utilising JavaScript and Flash? Do your designs validate correctly? Is your Markup light? How well do you optimise your images? Ever heard of Cocatenated Images? If your answer is still "yes" after all these questions, then the information below is for you.

I then went to register, and fill in only my email address, captcha letters and agree to the terms (which don't exist, but I digress). I click submit and get the customary "thank you page". I then go to the page of contestants and get a blank name (as I didn't enter any first or last name).

Questions:
1)Am I to trust a competition that specifies a premise (above) that they themselves aren't following? Just curious. This isn't a bash, just a well deserved question.

2) None of the left nav items are working. Doesn't this go to the trustworthiness of the site? In other words, y bother putting up such a site if functionality isnt complete?
Re: Web Template Design Contest For N50,000 + More by Afam(m): 7:14pm On Jun 30, 2008
yawa-ti-de:

2) None of the left nav items are working. Doesn't this go to the trustworthiness of the site? In other words, y bother putting up such a site if functionality isnt complete?

Na why we dey hammer on functionality since last 4 years.

It seems this functionality thing will stick with us for a long time to come.

(1) (Reply)

Ebook Cover Design Software / Is Your Website Designed To Suit Its Function? / 8 Ways To Accumulate Free And Easy Website Traffic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.