Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,262 members, 7,780,579 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:52 PM

Tips For Fulfilling Your God Given Dream: Joseph's Case Study - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Tips For Fulfilling Your God Given Dream: Joseph's Case Study (5270 Views)

How To Discover Your God-given Hidden Potentials / See What I Do With My Own God Given Talent / 7 Steps To Fulfilling Your Dreams -by Toolz (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Tips For Fulfilling Your God Given Dream: Joseph's Case Study by kenny0071(m): 6:40pm On Jun 30, 2008
“Be ye Followers of them” Series
Lessons from the life of Joseph Continued- Tips to fulfilling your God given dream

1.You need to have a God given dream:
Joseph succeeded because he had a God given dream. Numbers 23:19 tells us that “God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?” and Habbakuk 2:3 “For the vision is yet for an appointed time, but at the end it shall speak, and not lie: though it tarry, wait for it; because it will surely come, it will not tarry”. To live a life of accomplishment, you need to have a God given dream.

2.You need to have a God based relationship
Psalms 146:8 “the LORD loveth the righteous:”, James 4:8 “Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you”. Dwelling in the will of God is one way of attracting God’s intervention in every area of your life. Joseph feared God and hence things went well for him. Genesis 39:2-3 “And the LORD was with Joseph, and he was a prosperous man;, and that the LORD made all that he did to prosper in his hand”.

3. You need to know who you are:
Identifying who you are is vital to fulfilling your God given dream/ vision. Joseph identified and realised his natural ability for administration at an early age. He also knew he could by God’s enablement interpret dreams. This became a stepping-stone for him. What makes you different from others? Take time to find it.

4. You need help from God
For any God given dream, you cannot rely on the human flesh to fulfil it. You need help from God. James 4:10 “ Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up”.
Genesis 41:16 “And Joseph answered Pharaoh, saying, It is not in me: God shall give Pharaoh an answer of peace ”. When you get help from God, you get astounding results. When Joseph got help through God’s counsel and direction, his promotion was inevitable. Genesis 41:37-38 “And the thing was good in the eyes of Pharaoh, and in the eyes of all his servants And Pharaoh said unto his servants, Can we find such a one as this is, a man in whom the Spirit of God is?”

5. You need to acquire training, skill and experience
You need to build momentum. From feeding the flocks, Joseph gathered the skill, training and experience he needed the climb upwards to higher positions to Potiphar’s house, to the King’s Prison and then the Palace. The earlier you learn to use the sling stone, the easier it is to kill Goliath. The earlier you discover and maximise your God given abilities and skills and make the best of them through training and gathering experience, the closer you are to the Palace!!!

6. You need to have and maintain purposeful relationships
There are certain people that God has placed in your life to be a springboard for your accomplishing your God given dream/ vision. Joseph’s father observed Joseph’s sayings and took note of them. Consciously or unconsciously he gave Joseph instructions that took him into the place of purpose. Genesis 37;13-14 “And Israel said unto Joseph, Do not thy brethren feed the flock in Shechem? come, and I will send thee unto them. And he said to him, Here am I. And he said to him, Go, I pray thee, see whether it be well with thy brethren, and well with the flocks; and bring me word again. So he sent him out of the vale of Hebron, and he came to Shechem” It was obedience to this instruction that saw Joseph exported to Egypt. Recognising God based relationships is a platform for fulfilling a God given dream/ vision. Recognise those that are playing a God sent role in your life and hold fast to them.

7. Get help from others
Do not be too proud to ask for help. Joseph asked for help. Genesis 37:15-16 “And a certain man found him, and, behold, he was wandering in the field: and the man asked him, saying, What seekest thou? And he said, I seek my brethren: tell me, I pray thee, where they feed their flocks.” For him to get the passport into Egypt, he needed to fulfil his father’s assignment. When he faced challenges in doing this, he asked for help and got back on track. You do not know it all. If Moses, the anointed prophet of God received wise counsel from Jethro, his non-prophet father in law how much more you? (Exodus 18:13-26)

8. Take action and seize initiative
It is one thing to have a God given dream, it’s another thing to work towards it. Joseph took initiative. We were not told that God appeared to Joseph and told him to ask the butler and the baker why they were sad. He took initiative. Pharoah’s selection of Joseph as Prime Minister came because of this trait- He only asked Joseph to interpret his dreams but Joseph took initiative, went a step ahead and also gave him God inspired counsel. You market yourself by taking initiative. Pharoah did not know before then that Joseph was the wisest man in Egypt until Joseph gave him the wise counsel. Don’t wait to be told, do what you know is right! Matthew 5:16 “Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven”

9. Be a Problem Solver
The size of your reward depends on the size of the problem you solve. Joseph interpreted the dream of Pharaoh and became his second in command. He gave counsel useful for a whole nation and became a Prime Minister. As Joseph solved more problems the higher he went up in life. Genesis 40:8 “And they said unto him, We have dreamed a dream, and there is no interpreter of it. And Joseph said unto them, Do not interpretations belong to God? tell me them, I pray you”.

10. Be committed to serve
Most people want to hit it big by starting big. If you want to be a Master, you first have to serve. For one no matter how talented, anointed and skilled you are, your path to success can be cut short if you do not respect God’s ordained and constituted authority. Joseph obeyed his father’s instructions and got a passport to the land of his assignment- Egypt. He served God and God made things in his hand to flourish when he served under Potiphar. Because he served God and God honours those who serve Him, Joseph’s denial of Potiphar’s wife carnal desires gave him a passport into the prison. When Joseph served the Captain of the Guard and attended to the butler and the baker as he was assigned, he drew nearer to his greatness.
The pathway to greatness is first by way of service. Matthew 20: 26-27 “but whosoever will be great among you, let him be your minister; And whosoever will be chief among you, let him be your servant:”

11. Don’t ever, ever , ever give up
Galatians 6:9 “ And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not”. Joseph faced opposition from his brethren but he did not give up. He faced opposition from his environment but he still did not give up. He faced opposition from challenging circumstances and situations but he still did not give up. Giving up can cut off the joy of harvest. Learn to make the best of every situation. Adverse Circumstances are platforms for you to experience the grace of God. It only began to be mentioned that God was with Joseph when he started to suffer- in Potiphar’s house and in the prison. Falling into sin, submitting to temptation, loosing faith in God are all signs of giving up. People who accomplish are people who overcome. Proverbs 24:10 “If thou faint in the day of adversity, thy strength is small”. Hold on to your belief. Hold on to your values. Don’t loose faith for even in the darkest night joy cometh in the morning!! John 11:40 “Jesus saith unto her, Said I not unto thee, that, if thou wouldest believe, thou shouldest see the glory of God?”
See you in the Palace!!!

Kehinde Akintobi
Churchonthenet004@yahoo.co.uk
234 08060631373
Re: Tips For Fulfilling Your God Given Dream: Joseph's Case Study by opokonwa(m): 1:00pm On Jul 09, 2008
Nice one!
Makes a good lecture as well as a good sermon.
Kindly convert these to action as talk is cheap!

(1) (Reply)

Salary Of A Programmer Or Database Administrator / Nigerian Stock Exchange Salary? / Virtual Training on CISSP, CISA, CISM, CRISC, CEHv11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.