Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,521 members, 7,808,902 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:03 PM

Yobe Teachers Protest Salary Cut - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Yobe Teachers Protest Salary Cut (4577 Views)

Government Primary School Ijoko, Ogun, Where Pupils Pay Teachers’ Salary / Salary Scale Of Lecturers In Nigerian Universities / Yobe State Has Zero Cut Off Mark For Federal School Entrance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yobe Teachers Protest Salary Cut by Fynestboi: 11:28pm On Oct 07, 2013
Fynest: Damaturu – The Nigeria Union of Teachers (NUT) in Yobe, on Monday rejected plans to deduct N13 million from salaries of its members to print Identity Cards.

Chairman of the union in the state, Malam Ibrahim Lawan, told newsmen in Damaturu that his members would embark on strike if the State Universal Basic Education Board (SUBEB) insisted on going ahead with the project.

“The decision to deduct the money from teachers’ salaries to finance the identity card project will cause industrial disharmony between teachers and the board.
“Teachers in the state have more pressing issues like promotions, implementation of last promotions and other welfare packages such as housing and accommodation.

“Our members, about 13,000, have expressed concern over the proposed deduction of N1,000 each from their salaries, and are willing to put down tools if the decision was not rescinded,” he warned.

Lawan, who is also the chairman of the Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) in the state, said teachers had the right to reject any illegal and forceful deduction from their salaries.

Some teachers, who spoke to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on condition of anonymity, described the identity card project as unnecessary.

“Our current identity cards are still valid. We do not see any reason for the production of another at the expense of the teachers. We don’t need any other card.” said one of them.
In his response, the Chairman of SUBEB in Yobe, Alhaji Gagarau Bizi, said the identity cards would only be produced with the consent of the union and the teachers.

“If they are not interested and they do not want it, then we close the chapter and consider the project dead,” he told newsmen .(NAN)

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/10/yobe-teachers-protest-salary-cut/
Re: Yobe Teachers Protest Salary Cut by Nobody: 12:39pm On Oct 08, 2013
This doesn't make any sense na...

Well senseless things only makes sense in Nigeria sha...

#GEJMustGo
Re: Yobe Teachers Protest Salary Cut by Okijajuju1(m): 12:40pm On Oct 08, 2013
Nawa o!..

1,000 naira each and they are ready to Go on strike?!

Well.. It depends on how much they earn anyways.. 1,000 Naira would be a big deal to someone who earns 20'k per month..

2 Likes

Re: Yobe Teachers Protest Salary Cut by Nobody: 12:41pm On Oct 08, 2013
Not doing bad...
3rd to comment. . Hope I make number 1 soonest
Re: Yobe Teachers Protest Salary Cut by Nobody: 12:44pm On Oct 08, 2013
Cutting the already meagre sum? If you push a goat to it's limit, it will bite.
Re: Yobe Teachers Protest Salary Cut by DisGuy: 12:44pm On Oct 08, 2013
and the indentity fraud start all over again

biometric this biometric that, why will you charge someone for ID cards?
Re: Yobe Teachers Protest Salary Cut by Nobody: 12:45pm On Oct 08, 2013
What is it with Nigerians and ID cards?
*national I D card
*voters I D card
*drivers license
*police BCMR
*some states wants to have theirs
*now work I D cards

Please, my bag is already full, I don't need all these cards abeg, I haven't added ATM's
Soon our guys will be walking around with lady-like purses, because all these cards will fill out their wallets!!

8 Likes

Re: Yobe Teachers Protest Salary Cut by fingard02k(m): 12:45pm On Oct 08, 2013
are they bankrupt? @yobe
Re: Yobe Teachers Protest Salary Cut by dahdah: 12:45pm On Oct 08, 2013
SO HELP ME #LORD
Re: Yobe Teachers Protest Salary Cut by dridowu: 12:46pm On Oct 08, 2013
Ok
Re: Yobe Teachers Protest Salary Cut by iykofias(m): 12:46pm On Oct 08, 2013
Hold on guyz, lemme go n turn d beans on d fire.
Wil b back to comment.

1 Like

Re: Yobe Teachers Protest Salary Cut by creativemusic: 12:46pm On Oct 08, 2013
why the salary cut? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Yobe Teachers Protest Salary Cut by Richy4(m): 12:48pm On Oct 08, 2013
I hear say teachers reward dey for heaven smiley

1 Like

Re: Yobe Teachers Protest Salary Cut by fingard02k(m): 12:48pm On Oct 08, 2013
creativemusic: why the salary cut? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

u blind abi you no fit read?

2 Likes

Re: Yobe Teachers Protest Salary Cut by wellmax(m): 12:48pm On Oct 08, 2013
N1,000 for ID cards. Even though the amount is much considering mass production, it doesn't warrant a stirke. But na Naija we dey, any thing is possible. Strikes are now annual events for all trade associations.
Re: Yobe Teachers Protest Salary Cut by greall1: 12:49pm On Oct 08, 2013
Ibrahim Gadam what's going on? Oya do something.
Re: Yobe Teachers Protest Salary Cut by Nobody: 12:50pm On Oct 08, 2013
Only one thousand naira and they are disturbing my sleep? Wetin pesin no go hear for this country?
Re: Yobe Teachers Protest Salary Cut by Analyst42: 12:50pm On Oct 08, 2013
ledafaze: This doesn't make any sense na...

Well senseless things only makes sense in Nigeria sha...

#GEJMustGo

GEJ would soon be held responsible for a man that doesn't satisfy his wife on bed!

4 Likes

Re: Yobe Teachers Protest Salary Cut by DisGuy: 12:51pm On Oct 08, 2013
wellmax: N1,000 for ID cards. Even though the amount is much considering mass production, it doesn't warrant a stirke. But na Naija we dey, any thing is possible. Strikes are now annual events for all trade associations.

ID cards are now annual expenses/charges for staffs under the guise of biometric techhnical jargons

why will you charge your own staff for I.D cards
Re: Yobe Teachers Protest Salary Cut by quality01(m): 12:54pm On Oct 08, 2013
Another way of defrauding the people. Teachers in such area should be the highest paid cox of the risk associated in teaching in a place where Boko boiz dnt need ur service.

1 Like

Re: Yobe Teachers Protest Salary Cut by alfredo4u(m): 12:57pm On Oct 08, 2013
I no fit shout

Re: Yobe Teachers Protest Salary Cut by Originalsly: 12:59pm On Oct 08, 2013
Hmmm.....somebody is connected to the ID card makers. Always follow the money especially when it comes to these dumb ideas. Main suspect...the one who is pushing it. To strike would be the correct thing to do...or every month would be a deduction for one thing or other.
Re: Yobe Teachers Protest Salary Cut by rezzy: 1:08pm On Oct 08, 2013
Thieves in the making. What kind of identity card do they want to do with 1k? Na international ID passport ni? Everybody just dey find where e go take belle full. SMH
Re: Yobe Teachers Protest Salary Cut by Burger01(m): 1:13pm On Oct 08, 2013
Nonsense. Only in Naija would this happen.

**Shaking My Big Head**

sad
Re: Yobe Teachers Protest Salary Cut by Nosgidi(m): 1:15pm On Oct 08, 2013
With all forms of attack being faced by schools in Yobe,the government still deem it fit to reduce teachers salaries instead of motivating them...So Shocking.!!!
Re: Yobe Teachers Protest Salary Cut by DonaldGenes(m): 1:26pm On Oct 08, 2013
kennygee: Cutting the already meagre sum? If you push a goat to it's limit, it will bite.
seems like goat has bitten you before, talking from experience
Re: Yobe Teachers Protest Salary Cut by DonaldGenes(m): 1:28pm On Oct 08, 2013
rezzy: Thieves in the making. What kind of identity card do they want to do with 1k? Na international ID passport ni? Everybody just dey find where e go take belle full. SMH
Lmao
Re: Yobe Teachers Protest Salary Cut by moshoodn(m): 1:32pm On Oct 08, 2013
What happened to dialogue..

Dialogue now...

Dialogue tomorrow...

Dialogue again and again!

"Rise and rise again till lamb become lions"
Re: Yobe Teachers Protest Salary Cut by DonaldGenes(m): 1:34pm On Oct 08, 2013
Analyst42:

GEJ would soon be held responsible for a man that doesn't satisfy his wife on bed!
falls from your chic bed
Re: Yobe Teachers Protest Salary Cut by PehaKaso: 3:00pm On Oct 08, 2013
Few days ago, my Police friend complained bitterly 2 me dat d IGP deducted #5500 4rm each Policeman's salary 4 about 5 months 4 no reason. Could this b true?
Re: Yobe Teachers Protest Salary Cut by DisGuy: 3:04pm On Oct 08, 2013
PehaKaso: Few days ago, my Police friend complained bitterly 2 me dat d IGP deducted #5500 4rm each Policeman's salary 4 about 5 months 4 no reason. Could this b true?

CELEBRITTY IGP ..you no hear say the guy wan do wedding ni ?

4 Likes

Re: Yobe Teachers Protest Salary Cut by Tintinix: 3:19pm On Oct 08, 2013
you guys should thank God its only #1k and you know the reason why!

here in Rivers teachers deduction is in tens of thousands with no explanation!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

African Migrant Comes Out From Suitcase At Switzerland Train Station (photos) / Beautiful Nigerian Graduate Lands Job At Amazon HQ (Photos) / Strike Called Off. Students, Lecturers To Resume Classes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.