Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,204 members, 7,807,688 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:31 PM

Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola (24141 Views)

Budgit And Tracka: Track All State, Project Allocations And State Of Completion / 5 Popular Nigerians Who Died At The Verge Of Victory (Photos) / Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola by Ayekotoo(m): 11:41am On Oct 08, 2013
texazzpete:

I must confess I have no idea on the state of education in Lagos. My kids go to excellent private schools though cheesy

Ministerial Responsibilities
Lagos State runs free, compulsory education for primary, junior and senior secondary schools.
http://www.lagosstate.gov.ng/entities.php?k=23
Re: Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola by Ayekotoo(m): 11:45am On Oct 08, 2013
Gbawe:

Why continue perversely with this show of ignorance considering all that has been revealed so far? Look, simply don't use the cable transport system when it is operational. You cannot tell the private sector what to build and run. Even the Government cannot do that. It is not your money and it is not even the money of the State.

Refrain from using the service. No long thing. Let that be your own personal protest against the private sector operator who dared to build a cable system instead of a massive kitchen where the poor in Lagos can be fed daily for free.

I beg you just ignore him. its not by force to stay in Lagos, there are other 35 states in Nigeria. why the fixation on Lagos?
Re: Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola by rozayx5(m): 11:50am On Oct 08, 2013
Weselion:

My brother so if you were in his shoes you Would have done urs in Nigeria Abi? I bet you would have stayed extra one week for the injury to completely heel. Nawa for Nigerians, if person do good una go hala, if person do bad una go still hala. Please enter the nearest luxurious bus, come and see what Fashola is doing in Lagos

Hey Bro, in Tinubus shoes,
this Tinubu is a well known critic of the PDP Led FG, but how did he defend his 8 years of governance in which he did not build a single clinic to treat his leg
is this how APC are dreaming of changing Nigeria, with leaders that are the same with PDP or even worse, A azzlicker was even calling Lagos Eldorado

for your info there is nothing amazing about Lagos, wud rather go to Obudu cattle ranch that visit that garbage can called metropolis, the jakande beach road is pot hole infested with refuse lined down to the beach, why is it so? cause it is not tolled
grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola by drnoel: 11:54am On Oct 08, 2013
agbameta:

Each cabin has a capacity of up to 110 people and makes approximately 115 trips per day

The Roosevelt in NY.

That's 12, 650 per car, per day..
Yes, I agree but it will not be meant to carry loads like someone here mentioned market women with their big baskets of pepper.
Re: Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola by lastpage: 11:59am On Oct 08, 2013
gregg2: Bunch of greedy criminals

1) Where is the Lekki International Airport he promised us will be ready by December 2012?

2) What about the Lekki Seaport?

3) Where are the trains we were told he ordered from Canada since 2011?

4) Why is he abandoning the much hyped Lagos - Badagry expressway that he lobbied Fed Govt to handover to him?

5) Why is a state like Lagos still without portable pipeborne water?

You know, l was about to ask the same questions you raised up there!

But l realized that this post is just another "job" of the 40 i-Pads crew!

I would rather we invest in Trams (small intercity electric Trains) in highly populated areas that "Cable cars" in Lekki, Ikoyi, V.I and other high-brow but less populated areas of Lagos.

More alarming is the "reasoning level" of our youths! angry angry
God help them. cry

Lastpage!
Re: Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola by joinnow: 12:12pm On Oct 08, 2013
Its a welcome development but I am a bit worried considering Nigeria Maintenance culture.
Beside wont they overload it with people and goods like BRT.

Re: Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola by anonimi: 12:15pm On Oct 08, 2013
seanet02: By MONSUR OLOWOOPEJO

Governor Babatunde Fashola of Lagos State, yesterday, said the state government had commenced the construction of the route for the cable car project to complement the transportation system in the state, saying, “the project is on the verge of completion.”

- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/10/cable-car-project-verge-completion-fashola

Does anyone know what "verge of completion" means in terms of

* months
** years
*** decades

Maybe part of the answer may be found here:

“Our water transportation now moves about two million people daily. The cable car will take off from Apapa and link to Falomo via Lagos Island.

“The visibility study is on and tests are being conducted. Soon, Lagosians would soon experience another transportation experience.

It seems the journalist might have been in too much of a hurry to deliver on the brown envelope that may have prompted this VISIBILITY piece that he forgot to mention the FEASIBILITY study.

Vanguard & other newspapers also need to invest in PROOF READERS to minimise such mistakes thereby reducing unemployment & under-employment of English graduates, some of whom have to settle for banking work where they are harassed and traumatised by unwholesome practices.
Abi we suppose get international mega-city newspapers "in line with the global practices" to match our Eko's mega-city status ke!
That is also "vital to achieving the mega city status".
Re: Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola by anonimi: 12:29pm On Oct 08, 2013
Ayekotoo:

Ministerial Responsibilities
Lagos State runs free, compulsory education for primary, junior and senior secondary schools.
http://www.lagosstate.gov.ng/entities.php?k=23

COMPULSORY? Abeg tell us this is your idea of a joke!!!

* What % of school age (5-16) children in Lagos STATE are out of school
- to have an estimate, just check how many of such children you see when you drive to/from work & go out on lunch break or for appointments/meetings etc GIVEN THAT schools are supposed to be in session at that time!

* What % of those actually in school are enrolled in private (as opposed to the so-called government "free"wink schools that are not adequately monitored & supervised by LASG and LGA agencies?

* Can one conclude IF Tinubu & his boy boy, Fashola progressed or REGRESSED the sterling legacies of Awolowo and Jakande, 60 & 30 years ago respectively in the education sector during their combined 14 years of boju-boju (hide&seek) "progressive" governance

Maybe Oga Fash and his crowd of MUMUcious supporters believe sey na by build cable car transport na im dem take dey be 1st world.
He should ask his oga at the top whether na cable car im go London go look abi na the excellent medical service im go get due to heavy, dedicated, focused and consistent investment in free & COMPULSORY education for children by various tiers of the British government

4 Likes

Re: Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola by Novice1(m): 1:28pm On Oct 08, 2013
Omexonomy: you will be forgiven for not been able to communicate in simple english.

*being*
Re: Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola by rockbase360: 1:30pm On Oct 08, 2013
[size=15pt]WILL "LAPPING" BE ALLOWED?[/size]
Re: Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola by Pain(m): 1:31pm On Oct 08, 2013
I can never trust a Nigerian Cable Car. What if it drops from the cable..Kaboom! They will say its an act of God
Re: Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola by rockbase360: 1:33pm On Oct 08, 2013
WILL [size=18pt]"LAPPING" BE ALLOWED?[/size] grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola by rockbase360: 1:43pm On Oct 08, 2013
Pain: I can never trust a Nigerian Cable Car. What if it drops from the cable..Kaboom! They will say its an act of God

You and your creator go talk when NEPA take light for middle of lagoon at night..... grin grin grin
Re: Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola by Reference(m): 1:46pm On Oct 08, 2013
Haven't gone through the entire thread but thought some glossy pics of drying paint will be better appreciated.
Re: Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola by AjanleKoko: 1:53pm On Oct 08, 2013
texazzpete:

Then you are far more tolerant of under-performance than I am.

Doctor: Patient ratio in Lagos is more than 1: 10000. That's failure No. 1
Lagos State doctors are some of the most overworked in Nigeria. A tired, weary doctor is a less effective doctor. That's failure point Number 2

2 crippling strikes in 3 years, during which the State Govt displayed crass insensitivity to the suffering of the common man. Failure point No. 2.

That's the 45% where he failed. He upgraded the infrastructure, but didn't address the issue of staffing.
Infrastructure gets him 55%, since that's usually the hard part.
Re: Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola by agbameta: 1:57pm On Oct 08, 2013
teskyg: Its Unnecessary to hurled insult @ others who expressed their Opinion.I just rode through Keffi and peep into the BRT park.Please ride around Ikoyi and VI anytime it rains.We are not blinded by propaganda.[b]I still repeat that Cable transport is another White Elephant project.[/b]We lack so many basic Amenities in Lagos.Until some of this issues are adressed,they will soon be proposing Helicopter and Yatch transport service.We stay in Lagos and for the Governor to reeled out those statistics on Water transport is disturbing.

It's a capitalist economy and it's not up to you to decide to any private investor what and where to invest their money and unlike you ignorant losers, they did their research not only before they invest their money, they also convinced the banks with their sound research and business plan before securing bank loans for the project.

What you villagers need is education instead of running your mouth about issues that are well above your village understanding.
Re: Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola by agbameta: 1:58pm On Oct 08, 2013
Pain: I can never trust a Nigerian Cable Car. What if it drops from the cable..Kaboom! They will say its an act of God

Cable car system is the safest mode of transportation know to man.
Re: Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola by agbameta: 2:01pm On Oct 08, 2013
drnoel:
Yes, I agree but it will not be meant to carry loads like someone here mentioned market women with their big baskets of pepper.

Common sense should tell you that this is for human transportation and not cargo transportation, there are other modes for that.

Is it just too hard for you people to rise above your destined village mentality and way of life?
Re: Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola by Abariwiseman: 2:06pm On Oct 08, 2013
another funny promise from fashola,
where are the metro-railway
where are the waterway transport along the inner canal of lagos,
where are the roads you promise alimosho LGA
Lagos -Badagry express road is still crying for completion
Ayobo-Iyana paja has become impassable
Now I understand, cable transport will solve everything
afterall it is through air.
Eko don baje
Re: Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola by agbameta: 2:13pm On Oct 08, 2013
Abariwiseman: another funny promise from fashola,
where are the metro-railway
where are the waterway transport along the inner canal of lagos,
where are the roads you promise alimosho LGA
Lagos -Badagry express road is still crying for completion
Ayobo-Iyana paja has become impassable
Now I understand, cable transport will solve everything
afterall it is through air.
Eko don baje

Abariwiseman: Fresh air till 2019
Keep it up GEJ!

At least we know what's driving your ignorance and where you get your dullardism from....
Re: Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola by kofoshi: 2:34pm On Oct 08, 2013
rozayx5:

Fashola and Tinubu will never complete a Project unless they have a share in it, am happy after his 8 years in office, and all the hype about him the "Messiah" of the SW and yoruba went abroad for a common Knee treatment,leaving the common Lagosian to LASU teaching hospital --- what makes him different from PDP, and they call themselves the hope of Nigeria
Rubbbisshhh

Indeed, indeed!

Tinubu had the cheek to lambast the aviation sector (although rightly so) for not giving opportunities to professionals to manage the sector. The irony and dare I say hypocrisy of it all is that he clearly does not believe in the Nigerian medical professionals to treat his bad knee; he had to run off to the west to obtain treatment.

As per the subject in contention, Fashola realising the operation of the cable cars is a laudable achievement but as someone queried earlier, how far has he gone in delivering his promises on the rails, the ports and Badagry?

We want to know

1 Like

Re: Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola by SweetSoup(m): 3:13pm On Oct 08, 2013
With a supposedly N30billion monthly internally generated revenue and looking at the state of Lagos state, I can confidently say that Fashola has failed lagosian. If you reside in lag, you will understand why I said this.

1 Like

Re: Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola by Nobody: 3:15pm On Oct 08, 2013
U don't necessarily need to insult or rain curses wen conveyin yur message,it shows maturity,if u hav to criticise someone,I beli u shld b constructive, if u criticise lagos state,u can as well highlight d achievement of yur state governor,' those that live in glass house do not throw stone,' fashola might not b d best,buh he is tryin much. smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola by omonla555: 3:52pm On Oct 08, 2013
seanet02: Lagos Oni Baje
South West Oni Baje o
Ile Yoruba Oni Baje`

A dara fun e, Omode yi.
Re: Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola by Bobby4090: 4:02pm On Oct 08, 2013
omonla555:

A dara fun e, Omode yi.

He abandoned all these above in order to concentrate on how to fully corner the Lekki Express Way that gives him and Tinubu N30m a day (200,000 cars average daily usage x N150 average payment per vehicle). And the couple with that, the new Lekki-Ikoyi bridge that gives him and Tinubu another N2 a day.

In other words, these 2 toll gates nets N1 billion a month for them. Tell me, if your the one, wont you leave everything to ensure that all these cash is welkl collected for you and your children. Rememberi its a 30 years concession, thats like N360 billion for them and their unborn children and grand children.

No wonder all other projects have taken a back stage while these two money spining frauds have been done at a fast rate. And remember, by the time the 2nd and possibly the 3rd Lekki toll gate comes on the N1 billion a month will increase to N3 billion and the N360 billion at the end of 30 years will increase to N1 trillion naira from a road and a bridge alone.

Dont think this is a lie, sit down and do the maths for yourself. I rest my case.

3 Likes

Re: Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola by Bobby4090: 4:09pm On Oct 08, 2013

1) Where is the Lekki International Airport he promised us will be ready by December 2012?

4) Why is he abandoning the much hyped Lagos - Badagry expressway that he lobbied Fed Govt to handover to him?

He abandoned all these above in order to concentrate on how to fully corner the Lekki Express Way that gives him and Tinubu N30m a day (200,000 cars average daily usage x N150 average payment per vehicle). And the couple with that, the new Lekki-Ikoyi bridge that gives him and Tinubu another N2 a day.

In other words, these 2 toll gates nets N1 billion a month for them. Tell me, if your the one, wont you leave everything to ensure that all these cash is welkl collected for you and your children. Rememberi its a 30 years concession, thats like N360 billion for them and their unborn children and grand children.

No wonder all other projects have taken a back stage while these two money spining frauds have been done at a fast rate. And remember, by the time the 2nd and possibly the 3rd Lekki toll gate comes on the N1 billion a month will increase to N3 billion and the N360 billion at the end of 30 years will increase to N1 trillion naira from a road and a bridge alone.

Dont think this is a lie, sit down and do the maths for yourself. I rest my case.
Re: Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola by rman: 4:10pm On Oct 08, 2013
lygn19: Why does fashola have flat head...

Because he is Igbo.
Happy now?

1 Like

Re: Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola by agbameta: 4:17pm On Oct 08, 2013
Bobby4090:

[s]He abandoned all these above in order to concentrate on how to fully corner the Lekki Express Way that gives him and Tinubu N30m a day (200,000 cars average daily usage x N150 average payment per vehicle). And the couple with that, the new Lekki-Ikoyi bridge that gives him and Tinubu another N2 a day.

Dont think this is a lie, sit down and do the maths for yourself. I rest my case.[/s]

Bobby4090: The trait of an average lazy yoruba man is to look for ibo businesses or properties to seized whenever there is an issue.

Why dont they work hard and save rather than trying to pull ibos doawn out of envy.

Village flat head, stick to the hate, anger and bitterness you are known for...

1 Like

Re: Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola by ojinuocheibi(m): 4:17pm On Oct 08, 2013
iterator25: wetin your pa don do for this life wey e come sad?
olodo shut up there. U get pa?
Re: Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola by howfarwhatagwan: 4:19pm On Oct 08, 2013
Very good and impressive move towards sustainability.
Re: Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola by MayorofLagos(m): 4:22pm On Oct 08, 2013

Because your brothers continue to vandalize and steal the construction materials for resale at alaba. Guy left village six months ago, descended on construction sites in Lagos and within 12months he is a landlord already. You guys call it hardwork and industrious, we call it theft and antisocial. grin
Re: Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola by mojeer678: 4:34pm On Oct 08, 2013
anonimi:

Does anyone know what "verge of completion" means in terms of

* months
** years
*** decades

Maybe part of the answer may be found here:

It seems the journalist might have been in too much of a hurry to deliver on the brown envelope that may have prompted this VISIBILITY piece that he forgot to mention the FEASIBILITY study.

Vanguard & other newspapers also need to invest in PROOF READERS to minimise such mistakes thereby reducing unemployment & under-employment of English graduates, some of whom have to settle for banking work where they are harassed and traumatised by unwholesome practices.
Abi we suppose get international mega-city newspapers "in line with the global practices" to match our Eko's mega-city status ke!
That is also "vital to achieving the mega city status".

You're hilarious grin but right on point.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Atiku Abubakar Receives Ooni Ogunwusi At His Home / Ondo State Is Broke,I Can't Pay Workers, Mimiko Says. / Williams and Associates Predicts Buhari’s 2019 Defeat And Atiku's Victory

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.