Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,477 members, 7,781,391 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:42 PM

Patriarchy - 'The Male Privilege' - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Patriarchy - 'The Male Privilege' (19834 Views)

Amazing Things You Never Knew You Could Do With The Male Sperm / Whats The Male Version Of Side Chicks? / Case For Feminism: A Male Privilege Checklist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Patriarchy - 'The Male Privilege' by Nobody: 6:30am On Oct 08, 2013
Patriarchy (rule by fathers) is a social system in which the male is the primary authority figure central to social organization and the central roles of political leadership, moral authority, and control of property, and where fathers hold authority over women and children. It implies the institutions of male rule and privilege, and entails female subordination.

Male privilege refers to the social theory which argues that men have unearned social, economic, and political advantages or rights that are granted to them solely on the basis of their sex, and which are usually denied to women.

Patriarchy is probably one of the biggest contention points of feminism today. Let me start by saying the difference between patriarchy and male privileges is that one(male privilege) is simply as a result of the other(patriarchy).

Here are some of the benefits of being born in a patriarchal society (some written by Peggy McIntosh):

1. Odds of being hired for a job, when competing against female applicants, are probably skewed in the man's favor. The more prestigious the job, the larger the odds are skewed.
2. He can be confident that his co-workers won’t think he got the job because of his sex – even though that might be true.
3. He is far less likely to face sexual harassment at work than his female co-workers are.
4. If he does the same task as a woman, and if the measurement is at all subjective, chances are people will think he did a better job.
5. The odds of being raped are relatively low.
6. If he chooses not to have children, his masculinity will not be called into question.
7. If he has children and provide primary care for them, he’ll be praised for extraordinary parenting if I’m even marginally competent.
8. If he has children and a career, no one will think he is selfish for not staying at home.
9. Chances are the male child was encouraged to be more active and outgoing than his sisters.
10. As a child, he could choose from an almost infinite variety of children’s media featuring positive, active, non-stereotyped heroes of his own sex. He never had to look for it; male protagonists were (and are) the default.
11. If he is careless with my driving it won’t be attributed to his sex.
12. Even if he sleeps with a lot of women, there is no chance that he would be seriously labeled a “slut,” nor is there any male counterpart to “slut-bashing.”
13. He does not have to worry about the message his wardrobe sends about his sexual availability.
14. If he’m not conventionally attractive, the disadvantages are relatively small and easy to ignore.
15. He can be loud with no fear of being called a shrew. He can be aggressive with no fear of being called a bitch.
16. His ability to make important decisions and his capability in general will never be questioned depending on what time of the month it is.
17. He will never be expected to change his name upon marriage or questioned if he doesn't change his name.
"My husband keeps his name and I keep mine – this is held as a statement of superiority on my part".
“Keeping my last name is emasculating” to a man, but the society never bothers to question how a woman might feel being asked to give up something that has been part of her since her birth". This is an example of a culture of male privilege — where a man’s position and feelings are placed above that of the woman’s in a way that is seen as normal, natural, and traditional.
18. Every major religion in the world is led primarily by people of the opposite sex(males). Even God, in most major religions, is pictured as male.
19. Most major religions argue that he should be the head of my household, while his wife and children should be subservient to me.
20. If he has children with his wife or girlfriend, and it turns out that one of them needs to make career sacrifices to raise the kids, chances are it will be assumed that the career sacrificed should be hers.
21. Complete strangers generally do not walk up to him on the street and tell him to “smile.”

What are your thoughts on the male privilege?? What are your thoughts on male vs female privileges?? What are your counter arguments??

9 Likes

Re: Patriarchy - 'The Male Privilege' by Mynd44: 6:52am On Oct 08, 2013

2 Likes

Re: Patriarchy - 'The Male Privilege' by twaintoy(f): 7:07am On Oct 08, 2013
My fiance always say its a man's world. Does this mean women are created to be slaves? All these privileges enter into a man's head so much that he abuses and maltreats the woman. Bible says, a woman is the man's help mate and not slave. But wait oo! Any female here that believes in gender equality? Is it really a man's world? And also, what is the woman's privilege or advantage too? Men just want it all.

1 Like

Re: Patriarchy - 'The Male Privilege' by Nobody: 4:31pm On Oct 08, 2013
twaintoy: My fiance always say its a man's world. Does this mean women are created to be slaves? All these privileges enter into a man's head so much that he abuses and maltreats the woman. Bible says, a woman is the man's help mate and not slave. But wait oo! Any female here that believes in gender equality? Is it really a man's world? And also, what is the woman's privilege or advantage too? Men just want it all.

Well, we do live in a patriarchal society especially if we are talking about Nigeria. The phrase "it's a man's world" sometime denotes that culture or people had no business in making it that way. That we were all born in to a world that automatically favors men, bullsh1t!

Women are @ a disadvantage but some might argue differently.
Re: Patriarchy - 'The Male Privilege' by twaintoy(f): 4:35pm On Oct 08, 2013
Wu Zetian:

Well, we do live in a patriarchal society especially if we are talking about Nigeria. The phrase "it's a man's world" sometime denotes that culture or people had no business in making it that way. That we all born in to a world that automatically favors men, bullsh1t!

Hmmmmm, i understand.
Re: Patriarchy - 'The Male Privilege' by Nobody: 6:33am On Oct 10, 2013
Wu Zetian:

Well, we do live in a patriarchal society especially if we are talking about Nigeria. The phrase "it's a man's world" sometime denotes that culture or people had no business in making it that way. That we were all born in to a world that automatically favors men, bullsh1t!

What are the reasons for a society deciding to adopt patriarchy? What makes a group of people decide that a male dominated society is what they need?

1 Like

Re: Patriarchy - 'The Male Privilege' by UyiIredia(m): 9:32am On Oct 10, 2013
Male privileges are the way of things which women tacitly accept till they decide otherwise. There is some sense to gender equality eg giving girl child education, nor sexually-harassing a lady, giving raped women proper healthcare but then let's face some facts:

* Despite the growing number of women attending the universities we know typical courses ladies tend to flock even though there NO gender-restriction on a course.

* It is entirely true that rape is wrong and efforts are being made to curb or alleviate victims of such cases who are mostly women, but the argument that indecent dressing incites it applies to a number of cases, definitely not all, and more likely rape is mostly from the doer's lack of self-control but then indecent dressing don't help matters. Rape involves acting on a lustful thought, we all here are party to what some types if dressing cause.

* It seems that some feminists see things always as a competition between men and so for example, dislike that portrayal of God as He, or think quota must be kept for women in certain workplaces, and bemoan how men are high-handed. But why nota see things from a complementary view, as in the reproductive sense. Male and female differences unite for the common good of the human race. To be candid, I think if women and men were totally alike, the world would be more complex than it is now, and maybe less satisfying.

1 Like

Re: Patriarchy - 'The Male Privilege' by Nobody: 11:47am On Oct 10, 2013
Nice topic OP..

Truth is, it's a man's world.. No matter how women wail about, it won't change shitt..

That said, some of the things listed there are absurd. I don't support some of the harsh decisions women go through. Many developed societies are fighting to do away with most of the archaic beliefs. But the men can't be entirely blamed, women are the architect of their own problems. They hates themselves. They fight themselves. Women are quick to call themselves slut when they sleep around and bring up useless excuse of "men will always cheat" or "men are polygamous in nature" when men cheat. They are the ones to stomach abusive wounds and not speak out. If women wants to be liberated, the change starts from them

And your number 17 is mad funny. If women wants equality so much, they should start doing all the hard stuff men do. Hustle to feed the family like men. Pay our bride price rather than sit Idly and wait for a man to do the job. They need to start carrying bag of cements and build houses and sky scrappers.

All these feminists self.. Tsk tsk.. Dream on

6 Likes

Re: Patriarchy - 'The Male Privilege' by Nobody: 12:00pm On Oct 10, 2013
carujmonella: Truth is, it's a man's world.. No matter how
women wail about, it won't change shitt..

Ok.
Why do you say so? @the bolded is what I mean.
Re: Patriarchy - 'The Male Privilege' by Nobody: 6:17pm On Oct 10, 2013
De Beauvoir:

Ok.
Why do you say so? @the bolded is what I mean.

I meant it's a MAN'S world, no matter how women wail(cry or complain) about it, it won't change the fact that it's a man's world.

Most women battle for equality in all things but won't won't come out during wars, aint in the army putting their lives on the line, aint carry bags of cements to build houses, aint doing stressful jobs compared to that of men, yet they want equality. If they can't do these things, they shouldn't seek equality

3 Likes

Re: Patriarchy - 'The Male Privilege' by Nobody: 6:57pm On Oct 10, 2013
carujmonella:

I meant it's a MAN'S world, no matter how women wail(cry or complain) about it, it won't change the fact that it's a man's world.

Most women battle for equality in all things but won't won't come out during wars, aint in the army putting their lives on the line, aint carry bags of cements to build houses, aint doing stressful jobs compared to that of men, yet they want equality. If they can't do these things, they shouldn't seek equality

Women fight wars.....
And those things you listed; carrying cement to build houses have to do with employing physical strength which machines can also perform and even better smiley

Caruj baby, men do not give birth to children or breastfeed them, only women do this and pregnancy/childbirth are very painful (and life threatening) things that women solely face.
Does that not account for something? Shouldn't there be equal balance for men and women considering the fact that women do some difficult life preserving tasks that men don't assist with?

1 Like

Re: Patriarchy - 'The Male Privilege' by Nobody: 9:02pm On Oct 10, 2013
Its truly a mans word and the Op hit the nail on the head perfectly.
Re: Patriarchy - 'The Male Privilege' by Nobody: 9:36pm On Oct 10, 2013
De Beauvoir:

Women fight wars.....
And those things you listed; carrying cement to build houses have to do with employing physical strength which machines can also perform and even better smiley

Caruj baby, men do not give birth to children or breastfeed them, only women do this and pregnancy/childbirth are very painful (and life threatening) things that women solely face.
Does that not account for something? Shouldn't there be equal balance for men and women considering the fact that women do some difficult life preserving tasks that men don't assist with?

Women fight wars alright, question is how many of them?. How many women are in the Nigerian army?. How many are in the navy?. How many times have you seen women in army truck fighting crime in naija?. The ratio of men to women in army is 95:5(I'm estimating). So why the equality?

Women give birth to babies?. With whose spermss?. Their's?. Let them drink water and get pregnant then. Childbirth/pregnancy is painful especially during the latter stages, I don't dispute that. But can you compare it to those male hustlers out their in the street offloading 40FT containers of rice, cement and other hard jobs?. How many women are bus/molue drivers?. How many are bus conducters?. How many are boxers?. Can women cope in men's football league?. Can serena williams withstand the brute force of rafeal nadal's stroke?. How many women can beat up an able bodied men?. Can you compare the strenght of man with that of woman?. Why are the "heavy" tasks left for men and not women?. Dear, NO BE BY MAKING UP 24/7!!

Why is the popular pidgin slogan that says "to be a MAN IS NOT A DAY JOB", so?. My dear, don't just argue this with me. If you go biblically, man was created before woman, women was created from RIB of a man after God saw he was lonely

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying women should be abused. I don't support the chris browns of these days. I'm a proponent of women rights. I feel that women are being trampled upon and made to suffer by the society. I feel NGO's should be set up to fight for women because it's obvious they're being discriminated at, but at that same time, I feel the feminist should get their head outta their azzes and smell the coffee!!. It's a man's world baby. Hate it or love it, you can't do nada about it. wink

14 Likes

Re: Patriarchy - 'The Male Privilege' by Nobody: 9:52pm On Oct 10, 2013
carujmonella:

Women fight wars alright, question is how many of them?. How many women are in the Nigerian army?. How many are in the navy?. How many times have you seen women in army truck fighting crime in naija?. The ratio of men to women in army is 95:5(I'm estimating). So why the equality?

Women give birth to babies?. With whose spermss?. Their's?. Let them drink water and get pregnant then. Childbirth/pregnancy is painful especially during the latter stages, I don't dispute that. But can you compare it to those male hustlers out their in the street offloading 40FT containers of rice, cement and other hard jobs?. How many women are bus/molue drivers?. How many are bus conducters?. How many are boxers?. Can women cope in men's football league?. Can serena williams withstand the brute force of rafeal nadal's stroke?. How many women can beat up an able bodied men?. Can you compare the strenght of man with that of woman?. Why are the "heavy" tasks left for men and not women?. Dear, NO BE MAKING UP 24/7!!

Why is the popular pidgin slogan that says "to be a MAN IS NOT A DAY JOB", so?. My dear, don't just argue this with me. If you go biblically, man was created before woman, women was created from RIB of a man after God saw he was lonely

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying women should be abused. I don't support the chris browns of these days. I'm a proponent of women rights. I feel that women are being trampled upon and made to suffer by the society. I feel NGO's should be set up to fight for women because it's obvious they're being discriminated at, but at that same time, I feel the feminist should get their head outta their azzes and smell the coffee!!. It's a man's world baby. Hate it or love it, you can't do nada about it. wink

Why are you using physical strength to judge superiority? So are you saying the men who hustle more or fight more wars are superior to men who work white collar jobs or men who don't face any stress?
Are you saying a man can be judged to be superior to another man because he has more strength than that other man?

And I am not a christian so I don't believe that story about how women are less than men because they come from ribs.
A human being cannot be made out of a rib, how the fucck do people even believe such a thing?
Re: Patriarchy - 'The Male Privilege' by Nobody: 1:18am On Oct 11, 2013
De Beauvoir:

Why are you using physical strength to judge superiority? So are you saying the men who hustle more or fight more wars are superior to men who work white collar jobs or men who don't face any stress?
Are you saying a man can be judged to be superior to another man because he has more strength than that other man?

And I am not a christian so I don't believe that story about how women are less than men because they come from ribs.
A human being cannot be made out of a rib, how the fucck do people even believe such a thing?

What do you mean I shouldn't use physical strength to judge superiority( for your info I mean STRONGER not SUPERIOR)?. Wasn't it you that used "childbirth" to judge?. When you obviously knew men doesn't have vayjayjay nor womb, so can't carry a child but forgot women can't produce spermss to fertilize their ovas?. Or do you specialize in shifting goal posts to suit your assertions?.

And please stay on the topic of our discourse, which is men vs women, don't bring up white collar job excuse. We're discussing men vs women not men vs men

Scratch the religious perspective, let's not bring it into our discourse.

4 Likes

Re: Patriarchy - 'The Male Privilege' by Nobody: 6:34am On Oct 11, 2013
carujmonella:

What do you mean I shouldn't use physical strength to judge superiority( for your info I mean STRONGER not SUPERIOR)?. Wasn't it you that used "childbirth" to judge?. When you obviously knew men doesn't have vayjayjay nor womb, so can't carry a child but forgot women can't produce spermss to fertilize their ovas?. Or do you specialize in shifting goal posts to suit your assertions?.

What the hell? grin
Why the hell are you getting worked up? Nobody is fighting you or attacking you.

Geez, I wonder why its impossible to have an intelligent discourse on this site without people getting their panties in a bunch

Let me clear you on the places you were wrong.
You started by saying men fight wars and put their lives on the line and do other physically demanding tasks while women do not do the same so it will always remain a man's world;
Most women battle for equality in all
things but won't won't come out during
wars, aint in the army putting their lives
on the line, aint carry bags of cements to
build houses, aint doing stressful jobs
compared to that of men, yet they want
equality. If they can't do these things,
they shouldn't seek equality

at this point, you were clearly using physical strength as a criteria for judging equality, your reasoning was that women do not do these things and they can't claim to be equal to men.
You knew very well that women are not naturally as physically strong as men but you used strength as a criteria for equality.
So I brought up childbearing which is an activity females are solely capable of and then I asked you if we shouldn't consider the fact that women face pain and risk of death while pregnant, I asked you if that fact shouldn't account for anything, if there shouldn't be a balance in equality because women are also doing a difficult task that men don't carry out.

grin
Then you came back again to talk about how women need men to get pregnant as if men don't need to be born by women for them to be able to exist in the first place.

I didn't bring up pregnancy 'knowing fully well that men don't have vajinas', no. You started this whole thing by claiming that it will remain a man's world because women don't do the same physically tasking jobs as men and you knew fully well that women are not as strong as men are.

carujmonella: And please stay on the topic of our discourse, which is men vs women, don't bring up white collar job excuse. We're discussing men vs women not men vs men
Why shouldn't I bring up white collar jobs?
You were talking of how men are taxi drivers and bus conductors and how they hustle on the streets daily while women don't do these things so I asked you if the men that also do not do these things should be considered inferior to the men that do them.
And yes, we are talking about superiority not strength because when you say that it is a man's world, you are also saying men are given more priority in the world than women and as such are superior to them. You obviously didn't understand what the phrase 'its a man's world' means.

carujmonella:
Scratch the religious perspective, let's not bring it into our discourse.
Then you shouldn't have brought up the Bible or talked about women being created from ribs.

Carujmonella, this isn't a fight. I would appreciate it if you calmed down and not assume I am attacking you in this thread, its a discussion and not a debate wink
Apologies for any offense I unintentionally caused.

4 Likes

Re: Patriarchy - 'The Male Privilege' by Ngokafor(f): 7:00am On Oct 11, 2013
I see some guys saying it's a man's world and feeling good about it..i agree with that,but unfortunately when it comes to footing the bills in a relationship they'll be shouting 50 50(African men are more guilty of this,always wanting to eat their cake and have it)..funny...

2 Likes

Re: Patriarchy - 'The Male Privilege' by twaintoy(f): 7:12am On Oct 11, 2013
Ngokafor: I see some guys saying it's a man's world and feeling good about it..i agree with that,but unfortunately when it comes to footing the bills in a relationship they'll be shouting 50 50(African men are more guilty of this,always wanting to eat their cake and have it)..funny...
na so my sister, i taya for dem.
Re: Patriarchy - 'The Male Privilege' by Popowaa: 7:14am On Oct 11, 2013
22.They are entitled to cheat even when they are married and society will find an excuse to justify it that all men are cheats.
Though sometimes ppl try hard not to accept this it's the hard truth.If a married woman cheats she has committed treason but with a man it's ok.No matter hw much feminist try to fight for gender equality we shd accept"it's a man's world"while we women"run the world"
Re: Patriarchy - 'The Male Privilege' by twaintoy(f): 7:52am On Oct 11, 2013
Popowaa: 22.They are entitled to cheat even when they are married and society will find an excuse to justify it that all men are cheats.
Though sometimes ppl try hard not to accept this it's the hard truth.If a married woman cheats she has committed treason but with a man it's ok.No matter hw much feminist try to fight for gender equality we shd accept"it's a man's world"while we women"run the world"
It's the cheating aspect i hate most, they behave as if women are slaves. Before you know it, they would start shouting they provide for the household as if women too does not contribute. The more reason i do not like this full housewife idea thingy, before he tells me he pays me, so i should sit down and keep shut. It can be a man's world oo but i run my own world no matter how small.
Re: Patriarchy - 'The Male Privilege' by Nobody: 10:09am On Oct 11, 2013
Uyi Iredia: Male privileges are the way of things which women tacitly accept till they decide otherwise.
Sadly, I agree.

* Despite the growing number of women attending the universities we know typical courses ladies tend to flock even though there NO gender-restriction on a course.

Wouldn't the fact that we had a late start explain this? Not until recently(relatively) were women allowed to study anything in the sciences except for sewing, knitting and singing. Women writers in the past had to adopt male names so that their novels could be sold.
Even after civil rights and women were allowed to vote and sh1t, women weren't encouraged to study in the sciences. And in some societies, women are still not encouraged to study in the sciences. That's like expecting Nigeria to be on the same level as Britain. (I'm not relieving Nigeria of any blame btw)

* It is entirely true that rape is wrong and efforts are being made to curb or alleviate victims of such cases who are mostly women, but the argument that indecent dressing incites it applies to a number of cases, definitely not all, and more likely rape is mostly from the doer's lack of self-control but then indecent dressing don't help matters. Rape involves acting on a lustful thought, we all here are party to what some types if dressing cause.
*sigh* The society defines what indecent dressing is, right? Since there's no where in the constitution that explicitly states how women should dress, everyone looks to culture to define indecent dressing. Culture in turn is influenced by religion, external cultures .......

A country like Nigeria where we have different religion, different cultures, different moral standards, what standard of indecent dressing will be used to justify r*ape?? Should the Muslims r*ape any girl that isn't wearing the hijab or wearing an outfit that covers every part of her body but her face?? Or should the girls r*ape any man that ties only wrapper below his waist??
Do you think r*apists exists because of indecent dressing?? What about pedophiles?? The little children should be blamed for looking too pretty?? I'm seriously trying to understand your logic undecided
I guess my question to you is what should the Nigerian society consider as indecent?? Why should you restrain people's freedom based on your own moral standards??
Can I steal a car and blame the owner for parading and exposing the car to the eyes of the public??

3 Likes

Re: Patriarchy - 'The Male Privilege' by Nobody: 10:23am On Oct 11, 2013
De Beauvoir: What the hell? grin
Why the hell are you getting worked up? Nobody is fighting you or attacking you.

Geez, I wonder why its impossible to have an intelligent discourse on this site without people getting their panties in a bunch

WTF!!. Hold on, let me have a jolly good laugh. Kwaaaaaaaaaaaaa grin gringrin. Me worked up?. No offense, but do have selective sight?. Did you study "shifting goal posts 101" in college?. LMAO!!. Mehn, I've got to give it to you, you're good in pulling up unfounded lies to change the line of a discourse/play the victim. Take a chill pill lady, you really don't know when one is worked up. LMAO. God, see comedy grin

De Beauvoir: Let me clear you on the places you were wrong.You started by saying men fight wars and put their lives on the line and do other physically demanding tasks while women do not do the same so it will always remain a man's world;

at this point, you were clearly using physical strength as a criteria for judging equality, your reasoning was that women do not do these things and they can't claim to be equal to men.
You knew very well that women are not naturally as physically strong as men but you used strength as a criteria for equality.
So I brought up childbearing which is an activity females are solely capable of and then I asked you if we shouldn't consider the fact that women face pain and risk of death while pregnant, I asked you if that fact shouldn't account for anything, if there shouldn't be a balance in equality because women are also doing a difficult task that men don't carry out.

grin. @the bolded, so you knew that all along and yet you're claiming rights for EQUALITY?. Who the heck does that? grin. The ONLY reason you could bring up to support your notion of equality is CHILDBIRTH. LOL!!. Didn't you see the countless examples I gave you?. If you can use "childbirth" as a reason, why can't I use the physicality/strength?. Or are you the one that sets the benchmark on things we should use to discuss?. Who made your decision the yardstick for discussing this issue? grin grin. You're funny. Or do you now have a monopoly on what's right or wrong?. I didn't see a different thing you said apart from what you've stated in your penultimate post. Same 'ol stuff. I don't need the clarification because I know all these bland reasons you've made tongue

grin
Then you came back again to talk about how women need men to get pregnant as if men don't need to be born by women for them to be able to exist in the first place.

I didn't bring up pregnancy 'knowing fully well that men don't have vajinas', no. You started this whole thing by claiming that it will remain a man's world because women don't do the same physically tasking jobs as men and you knew fully well that women are not as strong as men are.

What are you really saying?. You are repeating your lines which I've read before. You've not said anything to further convince me. You're repeating yourself. I told you the plain truth that it's a man's world(which a female confirmed too) and you came up with your funny "childbirth" reason knowing fully well that women can't impregnate themselves. They still need men's sperms. If you can use "childbirth", why can't I use "sperm" notion?. Do you now decide what's to be use or not?. For every reason you've brought up (which is embrassingly, just one grin ), I've given you several reasons to counter your claims.

Why shouldn't I bring up white collar jobs?
You were talking of how men are taxi drivers and bus conductors and how they hustle on the streets daily while women don't do these things so I asked you if the men that also do not do these things should be considered inferior to the men that do them.
And yes, we are talking about superiority not strength because when you say that it is a man's world, you are also saying men are given more priority in the world than women and as such are superior to them. You obviously mdidn't understand what the phrase 'its a man's world' means.

You can't bring up the white collar excuse because you made NO sense with it. This debate is centered on MEN VS WOMEN, so why are you shifting the goal posts as usual with your absurd collar job reason which has to do with MEN VS MEN. You're derailing in this context. You can't just bend the course of our discourse to suit you anytime and any how you like. If you want men vs men debate, open another thread for it. Stay on topic woman tongue

Then you shouldn't have brought up the Bible or talked about women being created from ribs.

Carujmonella, this isn't a fight. I would appreciate it if you calmed down and not assume I am attacking you in this thread, its a discussion and not a debate wink
Apologies for any offense I unintentionally caused.

*sighs*. Didn't you read where I used "IF you go biblically, man was created before
woman, women was created from RIBS of a man after God saw he was lonely "?. The emphasis being on the embolden "IF" which shows it's CONDITIONAL should you wanna go down the religion route. I'm not perfect so I can't know if you're a christian or not, so I gave you an option with "IF". And that's why I told you to forget about it because you're not a christian. So I don't see why you have your panties up in a bunch about that line of reasoning

Lady, this isn't a fight and please take a chill pill and stop playing the victim card when you have no arsenals to defeat me in this topic. And PLEASE, STOP LYING about my posts. PLEASE stop twisting my posts to fit into your "victim" fantasies. If we're fighting, these are NOT the type of words you'll be seeing from us or ME. I don't know why you can't stay without whipping up false tales just to play the victim. It sucks. Did I use harsh words on you?. Did I diss you?. How did I fight you?. I dislike these childish antics of playing the victim. This is a discussion not fight. If you're gonna keep lying just to sound "victimized", then I'm gonna have to stop this discussion. It makes no sense.

P.S: I used enough "GRIN" emoticons so that you won't bend the truth again and said "I'm worked up". I wonder who fed you that thought. It's laughable grin

6 Likes

Re: Patriarchy - 'The Male Privilege' by Nobody: 10:39am On Oct 11, 2013
Ngokafor: I see some guys saying it's a man's world and feeling good about it..i agree with that,but unfortunately when it comes to footing the bills in a relationship they'll be shouting 50 50(African men are more guilty of this,always wanting to eat their cake and have it)..funny...

I stated the cold truth, that it's a man's world but clearly stated that it's not fair women are treated badly. I agreed that women's right are being trampled upon and it's not fair. But at the same I said women should stop claiming equality only when it suits their warped thoughts. The sarcastic reason you gave is funny. If we're to go down your route, I can give many examples too why women are hypocrites for wanting equality

Ok.. Here are few..

1), Women claim equality with men, how many are in the army?
2) Why aren't paying for men's bride price and working their asss off to cater for the family?
3) How many women are brick layers and cement carriers?
4)How many women cut down tress of gigantic weight?
5) Why are men punished more heavily than women?. In my sec. School, women are not allowed to be caned more than 6 strokes of the cane while guys are flogged up to 16times. Where were y'all when this was happening?. Or do you guys chose to pay a blind eye to it as usual?
6) In my secondary school, guys dig stumps for breaking of some rules but women are not allowed to do that?. So why are y'all claiming equality?
7) Serial killers kill more women than men?. Isn't it because women are the weaker vessels?
8 ) If you come to great achievers in this world, it's MORE men than women
9) This bloodthirsty boko haram and co are made of 99% MEN. How many tales of women blowing themselves up, have you heard?
10) It's usually said that a man should never beat a woman but when women beat up a man, the man is advised not hit her back and yet he's called a mugu for allowing a woman beat/slap her. Why are the men not advised to retaliate when women slaps or beat them?. Huh?. Are you guys not PRO-women equal rights again?. During those times, why don't y'all advocate for men to equally beat up the women when the women attacks first?

Nonsense!!. I hate hypocrisy mehn!!... He who comes for equity, must.... You know the rest cool

5 Likes

Re: Patriarchy - 'The Male Privilege' by Dsage1: 11:24am On Oct 11, 2013
Moderators, I'd prefer this thread be move to political section.

@Wu zetian, the society(primitive societies) were once practiced Matriarchy. Read extensively!

Patriarchy is inevitable because (physically men are stronger than women) and besides,only the strong,only the hard tend to dominate any given society. Even among other species, the strongest side(male) dominate and control the others.

1 Like

Re: Patriarchy - 'The Male Privilege' by jaybee3(m): 11:27am On Oct 11, 2013
D sage: Moderators, I'd prefer this thread be move to political section.

Your reason?
Re: Patriarchy - 'The Male Privilege' by Nobody: 11:33am On Oct 11, 2013

@Wu zetian, the society(primitive societies) were once practiced Matriarchy. Read extensively!

You're the first person to mention this, though you stup1dly assumed I'm unaware of that. I wonder what the 'dead give-away' was undecided

The main purpose of this thread was to see if people thought gender inequality came as a result of a patriarchal society or simply "evil that men do".

Matriarchy is still practiced by some societies today. You would think women have an advantage in societies like this, right?? No, it's just reverse discrimination.

2 Likes

Re: Patriarchy - 'The Male Privilege' by Nobody: 12:22pm On Oct 11, 2013
"Power is the essential measure of right." ----- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Power lies in the barrel of the gun." ----- Mao Zedong

The US can get away with so much B.S & high-handedness in the world today because they are, potentially, the most powerful military power.

That's just the way the world works.

The Americans hunted the Red Indians into near extinction. The colonialists imposed their iron-will on millions. And if there's an invasion of a tech superior alien race, am certain they won't negotiate.

Men and women are equal as humans...but have different roles and possess different abilities.

There is no doubt that if you dropped 1,000 women and just 5 men into any jungle, that the most likely tendency is that they will rally around the men for leadership.

Lol, and on another note, if women are such smart cookies, how come they 'allowed' themselves to be dominated almost completely through the ages.

"Action is eloquence", said Shakespeare. You might throw inaction in there too.

2 Likes

Re: Patriarchy - 'The Male Privilege' by Nobody: 12:27pm On Oct 11, 2013

Patriarchy is inevitable because (physically men are stronger than women) and besides,only the strong,only the hard tend to dominate any given society. Even among other species, the strongest side(male) dominate and control the others.

EOD!!.. It's inevitable. That's why I said that "it's a man's world" is a harsh truth that no matter how the women weep about it, won't change the hurtful truth. Even in animals, males leads. Males mark their territories and fights other packs/groups from harming those under their leadership. In animals, MALES fight MALES, not FEMALES, for SUPREMACY. I don't support the harsh weathers that females go through because the society don't speak out for them, but at the end of the day, it's a man's world and men will always dominate no matter how the females fight against it
Re: Patriarchy - 'The Male Privilege' by Dsage1: 12:29pm On Oct 11, 2013
jay bee:
Your reason?

Notting is romantic about the topic. Besides,I don't think someone should tell you before you know.
Re: Patriarchy - 'The Male Privilege' by Nobody: 12:30pm On Oct 11, 2013
Richfella: "Power is the essential measure of right." ----- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Power lies in the barrel of the gun." ----- Mao Zedong

The US can get away with so much B.S & high-handedness in the world today because they are, potentially, the most powerful military power.

That's just the way the world works.

The Americans hunted the Red Indians into near extinction. The colonialists imposed their iron-will on millions. And if there's an invasion of a tech superior alien race, am certain they won't negotiate.

Men and women are equal as humans...but have different roles and possess different abilities.

There is no doubt that if you dropped 1,000 women and just 5 men into any jungle, that the most likely tendency is that they will rally around the men for leadership.

Lol, and on another note, if women are such smart cookies, how come they 'allowed' themselves to be dominated almost completely through the ages.

"Action is eloquence", said Shakespeare. You might throw inaction in there too.

BRILLIANT!!
Re: Patriarchy - 'The Male Privilege' by Nobody: 12:36pm On Oct 11, 2013
This topic should be on the front page.. It's interesting.. Informative.. Educative..
Re: Patriarchy - 'The Male Privilege' by kilode95(f): 12:47pm On Oct 11, 2013
Genesis 3:16 NLT

Then he said to the woman, “I will sharpen the pain of your pregnancy, and in pain you will give birth. And you will desire to control your husband, but he will rule over you. ”

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Do Guys Still Suck Naija Toto? / "My Hottest Sexual Experience Ever" - Shared By Women / Are You In Relationship For Sex Or To Build

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 152
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.