Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,414 members, 7,808,478 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:33 PM

A Letter To My Ex - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Letter To My Ex (2948 Views)

A Letter From Trypa To Her E-family N Friends In Nairaland / A Letter To My Son's Teacher / A Letter To Imam Farouk (laugh N Forget your Sorrow) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Letter To My Ex by chistar01(m): 7:28am On Oct 08, 2013
A LETTER 2 MY EX.

Hello dear,

… Okay, I admit it, using “hello dear” sounds too stale and old school, why don’t I just use “hi pumpkin?”, after all, that was the pet name I used to call you before I caught you and that annoying dude who sits at my back in class doing… Errr, never mind, that’s another story.

So, let me start all over again.

Hi pumpkin,

How you doing? As I write this letter, I’m quite uncertain about my feelings for you, as a matter of fact, I don’t think I even feel anything for you anymore, but I don’t want you to know that yet, so I’ll probably never send this letter to you. Don’t bother asking me why because I don’t even know – I really don’t understand myself at times.

I still recall the very first day I met you or is it “chat with you?”, whatever. Anyway, I was dead bored as usual, and needed to browse so as to keep myself busy – frankly speaking, when I say browse, I actually mean tweet because I was a twitter addict and so were you.

So I picked up my phone and tried to log on to twitter but it was one of those random days when MTN decides to go on an unannounced strike and leave every on who uses their network on their blackberry with the “GSM” thing at the top right corner of their screen, which only signifies that the blackberry phones are temporary useless.

My eyes were getting red, my throat getting dry, and many awkward things were happening to me because of my inability to tweet so I became dead desperate, I sneaked to my elder sister’s room and stole her phone while she slept, I was sure she was going to kill me when she woke up but who cares? After all, am not the one who sent her to stay awake all night to make night call with that dude who only calls her at night when the call is free, #BrokeNiggazBeLike… – not like its my business but I wonder what she saw in him.

Luckily for me, she wasn’t a member of the MTN family and her network was great, 3G tho badt!!! I made a mental note to port to whatever network she uses after my current MTN subscription expired – I couldn’t let my 1•5k waste so it has to expire first!.

You really need to see as my heart leaped for joy as I logged in and my beautiful timeline opened right before my eyes, it was as if a huge rock had been lifted of my shoulder – whatever that means. I follow the funniest set of people so I was laughing my arse out and rolling on the floor barely a minute later after I logged in.

After a while of just scrolling through my timeline and replying “LOL” at almost all the tweets I could lay my eyes on, I decided to take a chill pill and chat with someone, and that was when I saw it, I’m not so sure what your handle is now, but it used to be something like “@Miss_Understood419″, the handle was catchy and I just had to view your profile, I clicked on your handle and waited for it to load quickly in high anticipation.

As I viewed your avatar, “OMG!!!” I think my heart skipped a beat, why am I even lieing? My heart skipped about five beats and not one! You were the most beautiful creature I had ever seen.

Subconsciously, I punched the “follow” button and tweeted “NFF @Miss_Understood419, KFB miss”, at exactly 1min 26sec – yes I counted, I got a mention, I quickly clicked on the “mention” icon (@) and saw “@DatBlaqBoy95 done!”, I ran round my room like a mad man on rage, I stopped at one point and started dancing skelewu in excitement, I know that single word meant nothing to you but it meant everything to me – don’t bother trying to understand why, I can’t even explain it.

So I decided to push my luck, I sent you a “DM” which had only one word in it; “Hi”, I didn’t expect a reply from you, and even if I did, I didn’t expect it to be so fast but you replied;
“hello?” almost immediately. I felt the urge to run round the room once more but I somehow controlled it.

“Am Michael” I replied you.

“Oh, hi Mikey, do I know you?” I nearly had a heart attack, “did she just call me Mikey?” That’s was the question which rang in my head.

I wanted to reply; “no you don’t, but I would like to *wink*” but then, I thought that would sound too flirty, so I went with the usual line we guys use when asked such questions;

“No, I just saw your handle and profile somewhere around and you seemed quite nice, so I decided to follow you. PS: Thanks for the follow back!”

This time you took over five minutes to reply, only doubling my anxiety, I thought I had done something wrong.

“Oh, u’re welcome, am Sharon”
After reading your reply, I let out a huge breath of air I didn’t even realize I was holding.

“You have got a really nice name “

“Thanks “.

“So, am seventeen and I school at Queen Maris” I replied.

“Queen Maris? The one at Jakande estate?”

“Yea, do you know it?”

“Yes! I do! That’s my school!!!” You replied and to be frank with you, I ran round my room and started jumping on my bed in excitement.

“Yay! Wow, what class and how old are you?” I asked.

“Am sixteen and am in SS1″

“Yay! I’m older that you with a year!” I replied stupidly in joy.

“Its just a year oh, don’t get too excited” you replied, that’s one thing I’ve always loved about you, your constant serious attitude.

“Yea yea, so do you have any hobby?”

“Yep, sure, I love swimming and reading novels”

“Really? Swimming? You must have a swimmer’s body right?”

“Yea, why, you wanna see it? “

I think my face turned “tomato red” when you said that. I knew you were joking but come on! That would make any guy blush.

I didn’t know what to say so I typed the first thing that came to my mind. Of course, now that I think back on it, I feel really stupid.

“Um…?” See.. I told you, stupid right?

“I’m just playing with you, ease up Mikey!”
When you said or wrote,whatever, my name the second time, I nearly had a seizure! You should have been there.

“I know, I just didn’t know what to say…”

“How about yes? “

“Wow! Wait a minute, are you flirting with me?” I asked.
Why the hell did I ask such a silly question?.

“Not really, I only do it to guys I think are cute “

I couldn’t believe you just called me cute, I just froze, and stared at your message, I must have read it about a hundred times before you replied me and snapped me out of my dream world.

“Hey! Mikey, are you still there? Am just teasing you o, don’t take the stuffs I say personal” you replied and denied the whole thing you just said, but I knew there was more to it than that.

“Lol, I was just in a little world of my ownwink” I replied.

“Aiit, err.. Am sorry but I’ve got to go to school early tomorrow, maybe we would see at school tomorrow?”

The earth stopped spinning for a split second at this question, the lady I was crushing on wants to see me?.

“Yea, sure. We would” I replied, mentally dancing skelewu, azonto, etighi, makosa and probably every dance I know at once – come to think of it, why do all this dances have funny names?.

“Aiit, sleep tight Mikey <3"

I had to force myself to start breathing again when I saw you added a heart smiley after my name, I knew you didn't mean anything by it but it still made me happy, really happy.

"Awww.. Alright Sharon grin, nitty, see ya tomorrow "

"Bye *kisses*"

"Bye"

I didn't know it then, but that few minutes of chatting with you, changed my life – forever.

With love,

-Michael.

*squeezes letter and throws it in the waste bin.*

THE END.

Loved this? Log on to http://sochistar./ for more.

2 Likes

Re: A Letter To My Ex by chuks87(m): 7:55am On Oct 08, 2013
Itz a WOW!!!
Re: A Letter To My Ex by Nobody: 7:57am On Oct 08, 2013
What can i say? Wow. Have i ever told you how creative you are?
Oops. Hope i'm allowed to comment.
Re: A Letter To My Ex by patholaw: 8:46am On Oct 08, 2013
Datz my main man chistar...nice write-up
Re: A Letter To My Ex by RINE1: 8:48am On Oct 08, 2013
I like the writer's choice of words.
Re: A Letter To My Ex by chistar01(m): 8:51am On Oct 08, 2013
chuks87: Itz a WOW!!!
wow wow smiley
Chiamaka01: What can i say? Wow. Have i ever told you how creative you are?
Oops. Hope i'm allowed to comment.
nope, u haven't but a lot of people have grin, yes u are allowed to comment
patholaw: Datz my main man chistar...nice write-up
#bless! smiley
RINE.:
I like the writer's choice of words.
hmmm.. Thank, m d writter grin
Re: A Letter To My Ex by smithe113(m): 9:57am On Oct 08, 2013
Creativvity redefined.......nice one bro
Re: A Letter To My Ex by Kensco(f): 10:07am On Oct 08, 2013
Wow! dat ws some piece! I've bin a silent reader buh nw I dcided 2 tel u,u r really gud mahn! Mur grease 2 ur elbow!
Re: A Letter To My Ex by MzChistar(f): 10:34am On Oct 08, 2013
I've already commented on dis yesterday, grin.
And am following ur blog already
Re: A Letter To My Ex by chistar01(m): 10:37am On Oct 08, 2013
smithe113: Creativvity redefined.......nice one bro
hmmm.. That sounds like a big word grin, thanks bro.
Kensco: Wow! dat ws some piece! I've bin a silent reader buh nw I dcided 2 tel u,u r really gud mahn! Mur grease 2 ur elbow!
salute! #Bless #Thanks.
Mz_Chistar: I've already commented on dis yesterday, grin.
And am following ur blog already
lol, yea babes, I know grin
Re: A Letter To My Ex by spaq: 10:37am On Oct 08, 2013
One word; WOW
Re: A Letter To My Ex by onyibajoe(m): 10:37am On Oct 08, 2013
How creative! Wow!
chistar01: A LETTER 2 MY EX.

Hello dear,

… Okay, I admit it, using “hello dear” sounds too stale and old school, why don’t I just use “hi pumpkin?”, after all, that was the pet name I used to call you before I caught you and that annoying dude who sits at my back in class doing… Errr, never mind, that’s another story.

So, let me start all over again.

Hi pumpkin,

How you doing? As I write this letter, I’m quite uncertain about my feelings for you, as a matter of fact, I don’t think I even feel anything for you anymore, but I don’t want you to know that yet, so I’ll probably never send this letter to you. Don’t bother asking me why because I don’t even know – I really don’t understand myself at times.

I still recall the very first day I met you or is it “chat with you?”, whatever. Anyway, I was dead bored as usual, and needed to browse so as to keep myself busy – frankly speaking, when I say browse, I actually mean tweet because I was a twitter addict and so were you.

So I picked up my phone and tried to log on to twitter but it was one of those random days when MTN decides to go on an unannounced strike and leave every on who uses their network on their blackberry with the “GSM” thing at the top right corner of their screen, which only signifies that the blackberry phones are temporary useless.

My eyes were getting red, my throat getting dry, and many awkward things were happening to me because of my inability to tweet so I became dead desperate, I sneaked to my elder sister’s room and stole her phone while she slept, I was sure she was going to kill me when she woke up but who cares? After all, am not the one who sent her to stay awake all night to make night call with that dude who only calls her at night when the call is free, #BrokeNiggazBeLike… – not like its my business but I wonder what she saw in him.

Luckily for me, she wasn’t a member of the MTN family and her network was great, 3G tho badt!!! I made a mental note to port to whatever network she uses after my current MTN subscription expired – I couldn’t let my 1•5k waste so it has to expire first!.

You really need to see as my heart leaped for joy as I logged in and my beautiful timeline opened right before my eyes, it was as if a huge rock had been lifted of my shoulder – whatever that means. I follow the funniest set of people so I was laughing my arse out and rolling on the floor barely a minute later after I logged in.

After a while of just scrolling through my timeline and replying “LOL” at almost all the tweets I could lay my eyes on, I decided to take a chill pill and chat with someone, and that was when I saw it, I’m not so sure what your handle is now, but it used to be something like “@Miss_Understood419″, the handle was catchy and I just had to view your profile, I clicked on your handle and waited for it to load quickly in high anticipation.

As I viewed your avatar, “OMG!!!” I think my heart skipped a beat, why am I even lieing? My heart skipped about five beats and not one! You were the most beautiful creature I had ever seen.

Subconsciously, I punched the “follow” button and tweeted “NFF @Miss_Understood419, KFB miss”, at exactly 1min 26sec – yes I counted, I got a mention, I quickly clicked on the “mention” icon (@) and saw “@DatBlaqBoy95 done!”, I ran round my room like a mad man on rage, I stopped at one point and started dancing skelewu in excitement, I know that single word meant nothing to you but it meant everything to me – don’t bother trying to understand why, I can’t even explain it.

So I decided to push my luck, I sent you a “DM” which had only one word in it; “Hi”, I didn’t expect a reply from you, and even if I did, I didn’t expect it to be so fast but you replied;
“hello?” almost immediately. I felt the urge to run round the room once more but I somehow controlled it.

“Am Michael” I replied you.

“Oh, hi Mikey, do I know you?” I nearly had a heart attack, “did she just call me Mikey?” That’s was the question which rang in my head.

I wanted to reply; “no you don’t, but I would like to *wink*” but then, I thought that would sound too flirty, so I went with the usual line we guys use when asked such questions;

“No, I just saw your handle and profile somewhere around and you seemed quite nice, so I decided to follow you. PS: Thanks for the follow back!”

This time you took over five minutes to reply, only doubling my anxiety, I thought I had done something wrong.

“Oh, u’re welcome, am Sharon”
After reading your reply, I let out a huge breath of air I didn’t even realize I was holding.

“You have got a really nice name “

“Thanks “.

“So, am seventeen and I school at Queen Maris” I replied.

“Queen Maris? The one at Jakande estate?”

“Yea, do you know it?”

“Yes! I do! That’s my school!!!” You replied and to be frank with you, I ran round my room and started jumping on my bed in excitement.

“Yay! Wow, what class and how old are you?” I asked.

“Am sixteen and am in SS1″

“Yay! I’m older that you with a year!” I replied stupidly in joy.

“Its just a year oh, don’t get too excited” you replied, that’s one thing I’ve always loved about you, your constant serious attitude.

“Yea yea, so do you have any hobby?”

“Yep, sure, I love swimming and reading novels”

“Really? Swimming? You must have a swimmer’s body right?”

“Yea, why, you wanna see it? “

I think my face turned “tomato red” when you said that. I knew you were joking but come on! That would make any guy blush.

I didn’t know what to say so I typed the first thing that came to my mind. Of course, now that I think back on it, I feel really stupid.

“Um…?” See.. I told you, stupid right?

“I’m just playing with you, ease up Mikey!”
When you said or wrote,whatever, my name the second time, I nearly had a seizure! You should have been there.

“I know, I just didn’t know what to say…”

“How about yes? “

“Wow! Wait a minute, are you flirting with me?” I asked.
Why the hell did I ask such a silly question?.

“Not really, I only do it to guys I think are cute “

I couldn’t believe you just called me cute, I just froze, and stared at your message, I must have read it about a hundred times before you replied me and snapped me out of my dream world.

“Hey! Mikey, are you still there? Am just teasing you o, don’t take the stuffs I say personal” you replied and denied the whole thing you just said, but I knew there was more to it than that.

“Lol, I was just in a little world of my ownwink” I replied.

“Aiit, err.. Am sorry but I’ve got to go to school early tomorrow, maybe we would see at school tomorrow?”

The earth stopped spinning for a split second at this question, the lady I was crushing on wants to see me?.

“Yea, sure. We would” I replied, mentally dancing skelewu, azonto, etighi, makosa and probably every dance I know at once – come to think of it, why do all this dances have funny names?.

“Aiit, sleep tight Mikey <3"

I had to force myself to start breathing again when I saw you added a heart smiley after my name, I knew you didn't mean anything by it but it still made me happy, really happy.

"Awww.. Alright Sharon grin, nitty, see ya tomorrow "

"Bye *kisses*"

"Bye"

I didn't know it then, but that few minutes of chatting with you, changed my life – forever.

With love,

-Michael.

*squeezes letter and throws it in the waste bin.*

THE END.

Loved this? Log on to http://sochistar./ for more.
Re: A Letter To My Ex by HumbledbYGrace(f): 10:44am On Oct 08, 2013
Your mad joor grin

I love the way you started it, now that's what I call creativity....big-ups cool
Re: A Letter To My Ex by chistar01(m): 11:09am On Oct 08, 2013
spaq: One word; WOW
One word; thanks. grin
onyibajoe: How creative! Wow!
. Thanks!!!
HumbledbYGrace: Your mad joor grin

I love the way you started it, now that's what I call creativity....big-ups cool
#Bless smiley. U won't believe where I got the inspiration from grin, dnt bother asking, I won't tell yu tongue
Re: A Letter To My Ex by OMA4U(m): 11:12am On Oct 08, 2013
Nice one, christa! A wonderful writer. Jeun lo kosi were
Re: A Letter To My Ex by tosingcfr(m): 1:39pm On Oct 08, 2013
So d'o'p'e. I would have to introduce some of ur words to my diction. Thumbs up
Re: A Letter To My Ex by Madawaki01(m): 5:22pm On Oct 08, 2013
chistar01: U won't believe where I got the inspiration from grin, dnt bother asking, I won't tell yu tongue
weed..right ;-) ??nice write up...btw,who be d mofo wey quote dat whole tin??..som pple self
Re: A Letter To My Ex by chistar01(m): 7:07pm On Oct 08, 2013
OMA4U: Nice one, christa! A wonderful writer. Jeun lo kosi were
thanks bro, ur work at the short story competition was cool too grin
tosingcfr: So d'o'p'e. I would have to introduce some of ur words to my diction. Thumbs up
lol, hmmmm, really? Words like?
Madawaki01: weed..right ;-) ??nice write up...btw,who be d mofo wey quote dat whole tin??..som pple self
lol, weed ke? Don't spoil me oh grin. Thanks
Re: A Letter To My Ex by tosingcfr(m): 12:14am On Oct 12, 2013
chistar01: l too grin lol, hmmmm, really? Words like? lol
so many,especially the toasting level. But have you eva listened to KIM by Eminem? It's a letter to an ex too sha. Keep d good work man
Re: A Letter To My Ex by Nobody: 9:18am On Oct 12, 2013
holy moses!!!.lyk w0w!...ur g0t a high t0asting skillz.....i tink i'l c0m 2 u 4 tut0rials grin
Re: A Letter To My Ex by VivyGift(f): 1:06pm On Oct 15, 2013
Wow sochistar grin you are doing great cool

(1) (Reply)

A Thread For Christian/Gospel Literature (Stories) / My Mother's Burden (A SHORT STORY) / Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie's Half Of A Yellow Sun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.