Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,863 members, 7,806,441 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:37 PM

How To Make Her Uncle Leave The House - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How To Make Her Uncle Leave The House (1437 Views)

How Her Uncle Sexually Abused Her (All parents should read this) / She was Intimate With Her Uncle. Should I Still Marry Her? / Could My Wife Be Possibly Dating Her 'uncle'? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Make Her Uncle Leave The House by Nobody: 1:59pm On Oct 08, 2013
A friend of mine asked for my advice on a family issue & since I'm not an expert on things like this, I bring it to the house. Read her email
"My uncle (mum's stepbrother) has lived with us for almost ten years. He's now in his forties & still shows no signs of wanting to go. Even my mum is tired of the situation but she doesn't know how to tell him because she doesn't want trouble with her stepmum. What do we do?"
Re: How To Make Her Uncle Leave The House by bellong: 2:01pm On Oct 08, 2013
Move to another house and leave him to be paying the rent..
Re: How To Make Her Uncle Leave The House by pickabeau1: 2:04pm On Oct 08, 2013
sorry i had to laugh...

a grown man at 40?!

@bellong... the problem is if they own the house....

You just need to face the bull and bell the cat..

Let him go n live with his mum
Re: How To Make Her Uncle Leave The House by Nobody: 2:40pm On Oct 08, 2013
bellong: Move to another house and leave him to be paying the rent..
Lmao. Well, the house is theirs so they can't move out
Re: How To Make Her Uncle Leave The House by Nobody: 2:41pm On Oct 08, 2013
pickabeau1: sorry i had to laugh...

a grown man at 40?!

@bellong... the problem is if they own the house....

You just need to face the bull and bell the cat..

Let him go n live with his mum

Lol. Easier said than done
Re: How To Make Her Uncle Leave The House by bellong: 2:45pm On Oct 08, 2013
IfeomaVanessa:
Lmao. Well, the house is theirs so they can't move out

Then they should tell him to leave. No two ways about it.

1 Like

Re: How To Make Her Uncle Leave The House by Valto(m): 2:55pm On Oct 08, 2013
take the bull by the horn! She and her mum should tell him straight up, that its time he move on..

1 Like

Re: How To Make Her Uncle Leave The House by pickabeau1: 3:00pm On Oct 08, 2013
IfeomaVanessa:
Lol. Easier said than done

Yes but you have to do it for your peace of mind

Call a family meeting

Express your desires

There may be a resolution

But you have to speak up

1 Like

Re: How To Make Her Uncle Leave The House by Nobody: 3:24pm On Oct 08, 2013
Thanks, guys. She knows they have to tell the guy to go but they don't know how to do it without appearing rude or something like that
Re: How To Make Her Uncle Leave The House by soulglo: 3:55pm On Oct 08, 2013
10 years?? I am speechless. Why send him away now? Keep him there. Make sure you open a retirement account for him and even put him down as your next-of-kin.

1 Like

Re: How To Make Her Uncle Leave The House by Nobody: 4:07pm On Oct 08, 2013
soul_glo: 10 years?? I am speechless. Why send him away now? Keep him there. Make sure you open a retirement account for him and even put him down as your next-of-kin.
Lol. Thanks, soul_glo
Re: How To Make Her Uncle Leave The House by eightsin(m): 6:13pm On Oct 08, 2013
I'm sure dis man is finding things difficult hence his continual stay... No man in his right sense @40 wld live under someone whn tinz are all right expecially financially.
Re: How To Make Her Uncle Leave The House by luvablesam(m): 6:44pm On Oct 08, 2013
Simple....tell ur mum to rent him a cheap one bedroom flat far away from your house,suprise him with d keys n tell him it would aid him to get his privacy n subsequently get married.

He might feel very shocked buh wudnt av an excuse to stay in your house..

2 Likes

Re: How To Make Her Uncle Leave The House by Nobody: 8:12pm On Oct 08, 2013
eightsin: I'm sure dis man is finding things difficult hence his continual stay... No man in his right sense @40 wld live under someone whn tinz are all right expecially financially.
You're right. My friend said he doesn't have a job so all he does all day is just eat & watch TV
Re: How To Make Her Uncle Leave The House by Nobody: 8:13pm On Oct 08, 2013
luvable sam: Simple....tell ur mum to rent him a cheap one bedroom flat far away from your house,suprise him with d keys n tell him it would aid him to get his privacy n subsequently get married.

Aiit, thanks Sam
Re: How To Make Her Uncle Leave The House by Nobody: 9:14am On Oct 15, 2013
luvable sam: Simple....tell ur mum to rent him a cheap one bedroom flat far away from your house,suprise him with d keys n tell him it would aid him to get his privacy n subsequently get married.

That seems the most pragmatic thing to do in the circumstances, to avert too much ill-will. I assume the poor man is helpless financially and otherwise. If they can help him get some kind of job, that would also be great.

Rent him an affordable 'self-contained' apartment somewhere in town, and give him a lease of life. Obviously, he would have to find a way to make ends meet and continue paying his rent afterwards.

O ga ju. Life dey really deal with some people sha. In his forties and yet no job, no hope in sight.
Re: How To Make Her Uncle Leave The House by Nobody: 9:51am On Oct 15, 2013
Even if they rent a bedroom apartment, how will he feed? So, let your mum place him on monthly allowance and also hire a maid to do the cooking. Her reward is in heaven. SMH! A man at 40, jobless, just wakes up, eats and watches TV. I don't blame him ojare. I blame your mother.
Re: How To Make Her Uncle Leave The House by critique101(f): 6:25pm On Oct 15, 2013
Jokingly tell the man "uncle, you r not a small boy again o. Your mates get pikin for secondary school. Why don't you get a house then marry a wife and put inside? I wan carry your pikin." constant jokes like this will make d uncle think
Re: How To Make Her Uncle Leave The House by whiteroses(f): 1:45am On Oct 16, 2013
Poison means fish in French wink
Re: How To Make Her Uncle Leave The House by dayleke: 12:33pm On Oct 16, 2013
^^^
I don't think the pronunciation is the same.
@whiteroses.

(1) (Reply)

Marrieds,please Come In / Join Illuminati Secret Society In Any Part In Nigeria!call_08147531582 / 10 Bra Mistakes You're Probably Making (and How To Fix Them)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.