Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,701 members, 7,802,085 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:54 AM

How to aviod making the mistake of marrying the wrong person. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How to aviod making the mistake of marrying the wrong person. (1821 Views)

The Disadvantages Of Marrying A Virgin. / How I Ended Up Marrying The Lady I Met On Facebook / 10 Ways To Avoid Marrying The Wrong Person (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How to aviod making the mistake of marrying the wrong person. by Nobody: 2:16pm On Oct 08, 2013
Nairalanders, do you have firsthand stories/tales of people that missed it by marrying the wrong person, please feel free to share so that we can know what and how to aviod this.Thanks
Re: How to aviod making the mistake of marrying the wrong person. by Nobody: 2:42pm On Oct 08, 2013
'Missed' what? undecided
Re: How to aviod making the mistake of marrying the wrong person. by RoyalPearl(f): 3:50pm On Oct 08, 2013
^^^ Would like to know "what" too?
Re: How to aviod making the mistake of marrying the wrong person. by Nobody: 6:03pm On Oct 08, 2013
ngwana.mobu:
'Missed' what? undecided

People that feel they went into or are in wrong marriages or that broke-up their marriages because they couldn't continue.
Re: How to aviod making the mistake of marrying the wrong person. by Nobody: 6:07pm On Oct 08, 2013
proevan:

People that feel they went into or are in wrong marriages or that broke-up their marriages because they couldn't continue.
so you simply trynna ask how to avoid divorce Cz the title of ur thread is a lil off undecided

1 Like

Re: How to aviod making the mistake of marrying the wrong person. by Nobody: 6:11pm On Oct 08, 2013
Royal^^Pearl^^:
^^^ Would like to know "what" too?

Hmmm don't really get you but I have this friend that just called me up some day ago telling me how he feels he has missed it concerning marriage because according to him he fell into the hands of some occultic people ministering in the prophetic undecided
Re: How to aviod making the mistake of marrying the wrong person. by Nobody: 6:15pm On Oct 08, 2013
chokl8candie:
so you simply trynna ask how to avoid divorce Cz the title of ur thread is a lil off undecided

Ermm no the title is fine and not everyone that missed it in marriage divorce, some of them just manage it till they die ; turn their focus and enery away from spouse to children, money or even chasing power.
Re: How to aviod making the mistake of marrying the wrong person. by Gabrielsylar(m): 11:55pm On Oct 08, 2013
Marraige is not javeline ni?
Re: How to aviod making the mistake of marrying the wrong person. by totalbaby(f): 12:30am On Oct 09, 2013
Op what are you trying to say sef? I think a lot of people won't understand this topic
Re: How to aviod making the mistake of marrying the wrong person. by Nobody: 12:51am On Oct 09, 2013
totalbaby: Op what are you trying to say sef? I think a lot of people won't understand this topic
Once, twice : I have modified the post. Thanks for your concern.
Re: How to aviod making the mistake of marrying the wrong person. by totalbaby(f): 1:06am On Oct 09, 2013
proevan:
Once, twice : I have modified the post. Thanks for your concern.
Much better smiley. Firstly i believe that before you get married, one should date their partner for a reasonable period of time(+/-2years) so as to really get to know him/her, their likes, dislikes, beliefs,habits, communication skills,ideology,religion etc to see if you are on par with one another.

Secondly, oftentimes men consider marrying a woman hoping she never changes, while a woman considers marrying a man she hopes she can change. This is the wrong approach on both accounts. Don’t assume that you can change a person after you’re married to them or that they will reach their potential. There is no guarantee, after all, that those changes will be for the better. In fact, it’s often for the worse. If you can’t accept someone or imagine living with them as they are then don’t marry them.

Someone once told me that " the only thing u need in a partner is emotional intelligence...thats it...u can never find someone thats perfect in every category...u should look at who u are, and chose someone that can accept that"

5 Likes

Re: How to aviod making the mistake of marrying the wrong person. by Nobody: 1:10am On Oct 09, 2013
This's one of the things that scares me and why I won't get married until I am 110% sure I will be marrying the right person!

2 Likes

Re: How to aviod making the mistake of marrying the wrong person. by 190theclown: 1:14am On Oct 09, 2013
Yield: This's one of the things that scares me and why I won't get married until I am 110% sure I will be marrying the right person!

Honey next year you'd be 32

u better manage what you can get now oh!!

na advice i give u so angry angry
Re: How to aviod making the mistake of marrying the wrong person. by HumbledbYGrace(f): 1:16am On Oct 09, 2013
totalbaby: Much better smiley. Firstly i believe that before you get married, one should date their partner for a reasonable period of time(+/-2years) so as to really get to know him/her, their likes, dislikes, beliefs,habits, communication skills,ideology,religion etc to see if you are on par with one another.

Secondly, oftentimes men consider marrying a woman hoping she never changes, while a woman considers marrying a man she hopes she can change. This is the wrong approach on both accounts. Don’t assume that you can change a person after you’re married to them or that they will reach their potential. There is no guarantee, after all, that those changes will be for the better. In fact, it’s often for the worse. If you can’t accept someone or imagine living with them as they are then don’t marry them.

Someone once told me that " the only thing u need in a partner is emotional intelligence...thats it...u can never find someone thats perfect in every category...u should look at who u are, and chose someone that can accept that"
110 likes. This is true.

1 Like

Re: How to aviod making the mistake of marrying the wrong person. by HumbledbYGrace(f): 1:17am On Oct 09, 2013
190-the-clown:

scram angry

1 Like

Re: How to aviod making the mistake of marrying the wrong person. by 190theclown: 1:24am On Oct 09, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: scram angry

if i curse this one now - God go begin vex!!

My dear please gather your menses enter room - i nor get your time tonite undecided
Re: How to aviod making the mistake of marrying the wrong person. by HumbledbYGrace(f): 1:27am On Oct 09, 2013
190-the-clown:

if i curse this one now - God go begin vex!!

My dear please gather your menses enter room - i nor get your time tonite undecided
eu

Scram if you got nothing meaningful to add on this thread.

2 Likes

Re: How to aviod making the mistake of marrying the wrong person. by 190theclown: 1:28am On Oct 09, 2013
^Biko nor vex

i forget say this thread is a gathering for the old and frustrated!!

Make i leave una
Re: How to aviod making the mistake of marrying the wrong person. by 190theclown: 1:29am On Oct 09, 2013
btw humbledbyugliness if thats you on your profile pic

I nor get anything further to tell you again than to simply ask God to provide "THAT MAN" in your life

U indeed need am
Re: How to aviod making the mistake of marrying the wrong person. by lekpalicious(f): 1:30am On Oct 09, 2013
^ Mumu stop derailing the thread idiot
Re: How to aviod making the mistake of marrying the wrong person. by 190theclown: 1:32am On Oct 09, 2013
^Olodumare!!

Jesus shocked shocked son of mary -ive heard ive heard!!
Honey can we talk about something plz kinda urgent its some business proposal ive got for u shocked
Re: How to aviod making the mistake of marrying the wrong person. by HumbledbYGrace(f): 1:37am On Oct 09, 2013
190-the-clown:

I nor get anything further to tell you again than to simply ask God to provide "THAT MAN" in your life

U indeed need am
you don't need googles to see it me. ;P
Re: How to aviod making the mistake of marrying the wrong person. by 190: 1:40am On Oct 09, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: you don't need googles to see it me. ;P

abeg carry your wahala dey go
Re: How to aviod making the mistake of marrying the wrong person. by Nobody: 1:41am On Oct 09, 2013
190-the-clown:

32 ke? cheesy cheesy angry. Mcheeew, I'm not even going to bother giving you a decent reply, lol. angry angry

190, you're such a pest. Is someone paying you to annoy me tonight? angry angry tongue

190-the-clown:

U indeed need am

Leave her alone angry angry. She's beautiful! smiley
Re: How to aviod making the mistake of marrying the wrong person. by 190: 1:42am On Oct 09, 2013
embarassed embarassed

3 Likes

Re: How to aviod making the mistake of marrying the wrong person. by lekpalicious(f): 1:52am On Oct 09, 2013
Avoid Marrying someone you do not trust 100 percent( such as can you rely on them? Do you trust their judgment? Do you trust their word? Can you believe what they say?) because it will only get worse once married.

I also cannot marry someone who does not make me feel emotionally safe as that is not a good recipe for a long-lasting and loving marriage. When you don’t feel safe, you can’t express your feelings and opinions. If you feel you always have to monitor what you say, if you feel you can’t really express yourself and are always walking on eggshells. I know some men who always disregard what their women say as stupid, my partner needs to respect me and my thoughts etc.

Lastly many couples make the mistake of not putting everything on the table for discussion from the beginning. It’s very important to identify what’s bothering you about this person or the relationship and any other important discussion that will need to be discussed in order for you to be absolutely certain you want to marry this person.
Re: How to aviod making the mistake of marrying the wrong person. by lekpalicious(f): 1:54am On Oct 09, 2013
Re: How to aviod making the mistake of marrying the wrong person. by Reincarnated(m): 1:58am On Oct 09, 2013
lekpalicious: Avoid Marrying someone you do not trust 100 percent ( such as can you rely on them? Do you trust their judgment? Do you trust their word? Can you believe what they say?) because it will only get worse once married.

I also cannot marry someone who does not make me feel emotionally safe as that is not a good recipe for a long-lasting and loving marriage. When you don’t feel safe, you can’t express your feelings and opinions. If you feel you always have to monitor what you say, if you feel you can’t really express yourself and are always walking on eggshells. I know some men who always disregard what their women say as stupid, my partner needs to respect me and my thoughts etc.

Lastly many couples make the mistake of not putting everything on the table for discussion from the beginning. It’s very important to identify what’s bothering you about this person or the relationship and any other important discussion that will need to be discussed in order for you to be absolutely certain you want to marry this person.

Sorry to say but who in this world will 100% trust his fellow human undecided
Re: How to aviod making the mistake of marrying the wrong person. by lekpalicious(f): 1:59am On Oct 09, 2013
Reincarnated:

Sorry to say but who in this world will 100% trust his fellow human undecided
Okay 99 percent, happy
Re: How to aviod making the mistake of marrying the wrong person. by Nobody: 1:59am On Oct 09, 2013
lekpalicious: Avoid Marrying someone you do not trust 100 percent( such as can you rely on them? Do you trust their judgment? Do you trust their word? Can you believe what they say?) because it will only get worse once married.

@ Last part noted. Nice pix kudos to 190 hope you won't do a 180' on him. grin grin grin
Re: How to aviod making the mistake of marrying the wrong person. by lekpalicious(f): 2:01am On Oct 09, 2013
proevan:

@ Last part noted. Nice pix kudos to 190 hope you won't do a 180' on him. grin grin grin
cool smiley
Re: How to aviod making the mistake of marrying the wrong person. by Nobody: 2:01am On Oct 09, 2013
lekpalicious: Okay 99 percent, happy

Don't give room for yeast for a little leaven ...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Individuals From Broken Homes End Up With Broken Marriage? How True? / Diary Of A Hopeless Romantic: A Trail Of Broken Hearts / Wonder Why Females Of Today Are So Greedy_pls Dont Read If U Have Quick Temper

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.