Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,350 members, 7,780,946 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 06:03 AM

What Lies Did Your Parents tell You About Were The Babies Come From - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Lies Did Your Parents tell You About Were The Babies Come From (4891 Views)

15 Lies All Nigerian Parents Tell Their Children / Did Your Marriage Start With "Will You Marry Me" Or "Oga, I Don Miss My Period"? / did Your Parents tell You How They Met? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Lies Did Your Parents tell You About Were The Babies Come From by mamaput(f): 2:00pm On Jun 07, 2006
When you were small.
My mum never told me i found out by my self later.
When i ask mum said me and your dad wish us one and then we get one.
Dad told me we go to the dr and he takes the baby out of her tummy.
I really belived the belly opens um and a baby jumps out.

Not to talk of the lies of walking 10 miles to school without shoes.
Fatherchristmas.
Re: What Lies Did Your Parents tell You About Were The Babies Come From by PLAYBOY3(m): 2:38pm On Jun 07, 2006
When i was a kid, i asked ma Dad were babies come from, he just told 2 go and ask ma Mum.And ma mum told me baby come straight from God.and wen i asked how come ?,she just told me that she woke up one day and see the baby on the bed next to her. . .not knowing i was once a baby.WOW. . .What a lie !!!
Re: What Lies Did Your Parents tell You About Were The Babies Come From by beyunce(f): 2:53pm On Jun 07, 2006
Never asked that question
Re: What Lies Did Your Parents tell You About Were The Babies Come From by Olumide7(m): 4:24pm On Jun 07, 2006
I asked her, she looked at me, smiled and told me they (my parents) played a game that I shouldn't play until I'm old enough. I thought they meant american football until some years later grin grin grin
Re: What Lies Did Your Parents tell You About Were The Babies Come From by mamaput(f): 9:17pm On Jun 07, 2006
well when i was a bit older my mum said if you sleep with a boy  you will get pregnant.
I still had no idea about sex but after that i did not even allow my brother to sit on my bed.
Re: What Lies Did Your Parents tell You About Were The Babies Come From by Rhodalyn(f): 9:19pm On Jun 07, 2006
I never asked
Re: What Lies Did Your Parents tell You About Were The Babies Come From by DaHitler(m): 9:36pm On Jun 07, 2006
I never asked, and I still don't know the answer to the question.
Re: What Lies Did Your Parents tell You About Were The Babies Come From by Ndipe(m): 2:35am On Jun 08, 2006
I never asked, neither did they tell me. I found out on my own in elementary school.
Re: What Lies Did Your Parents tell You About Were The Babies Come From by sade511(f): 3:36am On Jun 08, 2006
mamaput my parents told me the same exact thing they told me the doctor opened my mothers stomach and he found a baby. . . .I believed it and everything lol.
then one day I was watching tv and they showed a lady giving birth and I was like mommy how come they didnt cut up her stomach?
Re: What Lies Did Your Parents tell You About Were The Babies Come From by Zahymaka(m): 3:50am On Jun 08, 2006
Let's just say, nobody told us. My elder brother and I assumed my mom ate lots of food, then the food changed to a baby in her tummy and later, her stomach was cut open.

When I asked my mom some time later, she told me the exact name of the canal where the baby comes out from. The word sounded so exotic -- and so forbidden -- I never told my elder brother, or anyone else. I simply kept it to myself grin grin
Re: What Lies Did Your Parents tell You About Were The Babies Come From by Hotstepper(f): 5:33am On Jun 08, 2006
never asked cuz i didn't kare
Re: What Lies Did Your Parents tell You About Were The Babies Come From by hotangel2(f): 6:58am On Jun 08, 2006
I don't know if i asked anyone. I think i knew were babies came from since i was a kid. I always knew babies came out of the ass. Cos i remember when we play "mummy and daddy". we always seem to want to give birth to our babies (socks, sweater made babies) through the ass. The girls make a small house with wrappers, and we are like, The baby is out the baby is out. And the guys are out saying yay, it's a boy! lol, those days.

I technically just knew. Seriously. lol. I wasn't told any lie. cheesy But i didn't know at that age what had to be done for babies to be in the stomach! lol, I tot it was just something that gets in your stomach when it's time for it to come. As in, a wonderful magic God does to elder ladies. shocked

Some of u guy's own are funny tho. hahah @ mamput, u didn't let your brother on your bed. cheesy
Re: What Lies Did Your Parents tell You About Were The Babies Come From by DaHitler(m): 7:01am On Jun 08, 2006
hot-angel, babies come out from the ass? undecided
Re: What Lies Did Your Parents tell You About Were The Babies Come From by hotangel2(f): 7:01am On Jun 08, 2006
Come on now, u know what im talking about. That part of the female body. Do i have to use my whole MOUTH! Of course some babies dont come thru that area. Cos the do operation on the mother and blah blah, cut stomach open and ish. Ya dig?
Re: What Lies Did Your Parents tell You About Were The Babies Come From by DaHitler(m): 7:10am On Jun 08, 2006
Yes. I was afraid for a second that you honestly meant ass. wink
Re: What Lies Did Your Parents tell You About Were The Babies Come From by mamaput(f): 7:24am On Jun 08, 2006
we used to play that game too.
But the baby will appear from under the wrapper from the Belly.
Then we will tie it on our back.
I forgot but someone told me that the baby's stand in line in heaven waiting to be born.
Sometimes i just used to Imagen babies standing in line with angles looking after them till they enter a stomach. But i did not know how they got there.
Must have been my dad too . Then he even weht as far as telling me thats why babys cannot talk . God made them not to talk till they forget how they got there so that we will never know.
Re: What Lies Did Your Parents tell You About Were The Babies Come From by faf(f): 1:38pm On Jun 08, 2006
babies come from the womans china tongue

i didnt ask my parents, i just knew
Re: What Lies Did Your Parents tell You About Were The Babies Come From by maki(f): 11:52am On Jun 12, 2006
i never asked because i didnt see any baby smaller then me in my home

but my mum said i was always jealous whenever she carrys our neighbours' baby
Re: What Lies Did Your Parents tell You About Were The Babies Come From by lunafish(f): 10:33pm On Jun 14, 2006
My folks didn't tell me - I read about it myself.

Thinking about it; they didn't talk to me about anything.
Re: What Lies Did Your Parents tell You About Were The Babies Come From by Nosu(m): 8:51pm On Jun 15, 2006
l never asked my parent. l got to know that in primary school, when a friend of mine asked our teacher in private. she only smile and told him that he is a bad child. so she then asked my friend to confirm if he knows the answer, when the guy said it codely, she burst into laughter which confirmed that he was right. so that was how l got to know which was later confirmed by my Biology teacher and my modern biolgy textbook in secondary school.

1 Like

Re: What Lies Did Your Parents tell You About Were The Babies Come From by retro(f): 1:47pm On Jun 18, 2006
I asked and my mom told me: when mummy and daddy sleep together, the penis goes inside the vagina and the sperm (she explained what it was) makes women pregnant.

My mom was a nurse so she didn't 'hide' anything.
Re: What Lies Did Your Parents tell You About Were The Babies Come From by weev(f): 4:14pm On Jun 18, 2006
very similar to retro my daddy is a doctor and thought the lies people tell their children are damaging.

my daughter is 8 and i believe if she is old enough to ask she is old enough to be told, as yet she has not asked.
Re: What Lies Did Your Parents tell You About Were The Babies Come From by mahal(m): 12:12pm On Feb 05, 2008
Re: What Lies Did Your Parents tell You About Were The Babies Come From by mahal(m): 12:17pm On Feb 05, 2008
I didnt ask, i was observant and alert during my birth,
Re: What Lies Did Your Parents tell You About Were The Babies Come From by amsky(m): 12:50pm On Feb 05, 2008
I never asked my mother,but i asked my granny.she told me babies used to come out from the mouth. I'll translate it for you-- Ehmmm, there are questions children must never ask,but since you asked,i'll tell you.Their mothers vomit them from the mouth'. I really believed it until my mom spoke to me about ''that time of the month.'' i was sooo confused.
Re: What Lies Did Your Parents tell You About Were The Babies Come From by iice(f): 5:00pm On Feb 05, 2008
Never asked. . .wasn't interested and i am good in finding out things on my own
BTW the person that cleared the thing was my aunt's friend, she was studying to be a doctor then.
Told me all, showed me her textbooks with drawings and i was what? 6 or 7yrs. . .talk about ewwww tongue
Re: What Lies Did Your Parents tell You About Were The Babies Come From by uspry1(f): 5:59pm On Feb 05, 2008
I never asked my parent where babies come from when i was about 6 or 7 years old. From the cartoon I watched on TV seeing the stork carrying new baby to stop by parent's home. That led me not believe it.

My parent has a collection of illustrated medical encyclopedia with alphabetical orders on the bookshelf in the living room, i took letter "P" to look up. BEHOLD, i see lot of illustrated pregnant female anatomy from starting first day where make love started, next 3 days it showed egg and sperm met, etc, with each month of 9 months pregnant FULLY ILLUSTRATION.

I knew where babies come from. My parent are not professionals like nurse or doctor, they used medical encyclopedia as medical advisement.
Re: What Lies Did Your Parents tell You About Were The Babies Come From by Nobody: 3:51am On Feb 06, 2008
my mom- from heaven
grandma- mommy's tummy
my aunt- from the hospital

hmmmmm. . , three different answers, so i knew something was wrong. . . grin
Re: What Lies Did Your Parents tell You About Were The Babies Come From by jkpretty(f): 10:00am On Feb 06, 2008
I asked my mum the question, she simply told me children came from the bombom, i naturally just felt it was the ass. On my own i just used to imagine "why the ass in God's name" i imagine them bringing a baby out with shit all over grin. i just had to believe cos my mum said it. i later got to know in my J.SS2 (imagine dat!) that the part of the bom bom was the "V" cool
Re: What Lies Did Your Parents tell You About Were The Babies Come From by adeboo(f): 10:57am On Feb 06, 2008
In school, the nun said it was from a seed that was planted in the woman's stomach so we all thought it was a fruit seed or something.
Re: What Lies Did Your Parents tell You About Were The Babies Come From by Nobody: 1:04pm On Mar 13, 2008
Oh my dayzzzz. . .
Ma mom gave me mega hot lies on this one.
she told me on their wedding night they just laid on the bed jeje and next thing gbam! ma big sister (d firstborn) was in her tummy and came out 9mths later. lipsrsealed I was about 6 or 7 then. I later calculated and discovered my sister was actually born 14mths after the wedding. shocked

The issue came up sometime last year when we were all around for easter and we all had a very loong hard laugh about it. ma mom laughed the most. she can lieee. .  a whole "deaconess". grin don't blame her though, ma dad would always tell us "go and ask your mother" and resume his newspaper review. cheesy

lest i forget she also told me back then dt if i stood too close to a boy dt I'd get pregnant. . . trust I avoided boys like the bubonic plague. embarassed cheesy cheesy Did anyone get similar vibes from their moms? lol
Re: What Lies Did Your Parents tell You About Were The Babies Come From by Verycool: 1:38pm On Mar 13, 2008
i was about 6 at the time, i asked my mum where babies came from as our neighbour just gave birth at the time, i adored the baby so much and i wanted one so i asked my mum, she told me they came from the hospital but you have to be a female adult, i then asked her to go to the hospital and get one, she then said the adult has to be sick, to think i actually pray hard that my mum should fall sick so she can get one for me, i never got my wish of cause and i remained the last born.

(1) (2) (Reply)

If You Were To Be The Opposite Sex For An Hour, What Will U Do First? / MY experience: Helping to Have A Good Death. / Borrowing or Lending money from or to in-laws, I need help?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.