Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,480 members, 7,781,434 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:19 PM

Lord Chosen Church Headquarters Shut Over Environmental Law Violation - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Lord Chosen Church Headquarters Shut Over Environmental Law Violation (25048 Views)

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome’s TV Shut Over Tax Evasion / The Chosen Church And The Failed Miracle Ala Lazarus / The double standard displayed By Past. Lazarus Mouka's Lord's Chosen Ministry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lord Chosen Church Headquarters Shut Over Environmental Law Violation by Nobody: 6:18pm On Oct 08, 2013
Lagos State Government Tuesday, sealed the Headquarters Church of the Lords Chosen Church, along the Apapa – Oshodi Expressway over alleged gross environmental abuse and erection of structures along Odo Asimawu Drainage Channel, System 6c.

While monitoring the state of Lagos environment, the Commissioner for the Environment noticed massive trading under the Ijesha flyover bridge along the Apapa Oshodi Expressway and large scale environmental degradation arising from the activities of the traders.

Further inspection round the premises revealed that the church does not dispose the solid waste generated properly, while as a matter of fact, it openly burns waste generated inside the church premises, thereby exposing the lives of its worshipers to serious health hazard.

A further investigation also revealed that a substantial part of the 1 kilometer church Auditorium was built on the Odo Asimawu drainage channel thereby impeding the flow of storm water, as well as inhibiting effective performance of the channel.

It was also discovered that the Church built all its toilets on the canal and deliberately discharges the raw human waste into the canal.

Bello, explained that in order to prevent an outbreak of epidemic, as well as protect the lives of its worshippers, the state government was left with no other option but to seal the church Auditorium.
He therefore, directed that, for the church to be reopened it must abate all the nuisances noticed as well as remove all the encumbrances along the drainage channel.

Other conditions stated for re opening include: Completion of sanitization of the entire church environment, putting in place a proper solid waste disposal facility, stop further refuse burning, removal of all structures on drainage channel, building of a new toilet facilities, and ensuring proper disposal as well as evacuation of solid/human waste dumped inside the canal among others.

While commending the cooperation and non resistance of the Church authorities, the commissioner observed their willingness to comply, but stated that the state government would only unseal the auditorium as until all the environmental nuisances were abated.

Bello, assured that that government would continue to promote a cleaner, habitable and conducive environment to residents irrespective of their ethnic or religious affiliation in other to attain a cleaner and sustainable environment in the state.

The commissioner further restated the commitment of the administration to its environmental regeneration and renewal programmes geared towards attaining a cleaner and habitable environment that would be the pride of all citizens.

Source: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/10/lagos-shuts-headquarters-lord-chosen-church-violation-environmental-law/

2 Likes

Re: Lord Chosen Church Headquarters Shut Over Environmental Law Violation by Xavier9ja(m): 6:26pm On Oct 08, 2013
Me2u is launching on 12th oct. 2013. It the first social network with great feature. Hurry and register. Registration is free. First of it kind in africa.
Re: Lord Chosen Church Headquarters Shut Over Environmental Law Violation by quality01(m): 6:41pm On Oct 08, 2013
There shld be serz fine attached to it for deliberately causing environmental hazard.

3 Likes

Re: Lord Chosen Church Headquarters Shut Over Environmental Law Violation by Nobody: 7:32pm On Oct 08, 2013
quality01: There shld be serz fine attached to it for deliberately causing environmental hazard.
correct!
Re: Lord Chosen Church Headquarters Shut Over Environmental Law Violation by abu12: 7:45pm On Oct 08, 2013
Waiting for biafrans to accused fashola for witch hunting ibos

3 Likes

Re: Lord Chosen Church Headquarters Shut Over Environmental Law Violation by Nobody: 7:47pm On Oct 08, 2013
It was also discovered that the Church built all its toilets on the canal and deliberately discharges the raw human waste into the canal.

Cleanliness is next to Godliiness. . .the church should learn from this sanction. Church money shouldn't only go to pastor's pocket or use to buy jets but to make the house of god clean and holy !

5 Likes

Re: Lord Chosen Church Headquarters Shut Over Environmental Law Violation by geeez: 7:50pm On Oct 08, 2013
I'm a christian but I won't hesitate to castigate any church that violates the environmental laws from irresponsible disposal of their waste to noise pollution

16 Likes

Re: Lord Chosen Church Headquarters Shut Over Environmental Law Violation by malc619(m): 7:51pm On Oct 08, 2013
Shameful...

Imagine a Church disposing human wastes into a Canal....

1 Like

Re: Lord Chosen Church Headquarters Shut Over Environmental Law Violation by Lionbite(m): 8:45pm On Oct 08, 2013
*opens bible* The book of ...... Vs.... Chapter..... Says that 'cleaniness is next to Godliness'(KJV)
Re: Lord Chosen Church Headquarters Shut Over Environmental Law Violation by seniourman(m): 8:45pm On Oct 08, 2013
i say on

1 Like

Re: Lord Chosen Church Headquarters Shut Over Environmental Law Violation by Lionbite(m): 8:46pm On Oct 08, 2013
The rate at which people sef are establishing churches nowadays sef only God understand

4 Likes

Re: Lord Chosen Church Headquarters Shut Over Environmental Law Violation by tintingz(m): 8:47pm On Oct 08, 2013
Keep Lagos clean cheesy

Eko oni baje!

1 Like

Re: Lord Chosen Church Headquarters Shut Over Environmental Law Violation by VirginFinder: 8:47pm On Oct 08, 2013
I am coming.

Let me read first.
Re: Lord Chosen Church Headquarters Shut Over Environmental Law Violation by alaoeri: 8:49pm On Oct 08, 2013
Lionbite: A whole church?
Rara a whole mosque.

2 Likes

Re: Lord Chosen Church Headquarters Shut Over Environmental Law Violation by drdams: 8:49pm On Oct 08, 2013
Am waiting for some entities belonging to an extremely emmotional tribe to start 'Thumb Lashing'.
They will definately analyse it from d ethno-religious perspective.

2 Likes

Re: Lord Chosen Church Headquarters Shut Over Environmental Law Violation by Youngmon3Y(m): 8:50pm On Oct 08, 2013
choosen alwayz in d news 4 d wrong reason..chai

2 Likes

Re: Lord Chosen Church Headquarters Shut Over Environmental Law Violation by farai97(f): 8:50pm On Oct 08, 2013
Hmm
Re: Lord Chosen Church Headquarters Shut Over Environmental Law Violation by ignis: 8:51pm On Oct 08, 2013
I have forgotten what I wanted to comment. if I remember, I will come back and comment. I promise.

1 Like

Re: Lord Chosen Church Headquarters Shut Over Environmental Law Violation by Tinyemeka(m): 8:51pm On Oct 08, 2013
abu12: Waiting for biafrans to accused fashola for witch hunting ibos
Deal with your use of English first.
Why take Fansidar to treat epilepsy na? undecided

53 Likes

Re: Lord Chosen Church Headquarters Shut Over Environmental Law Violation by Marvyx(m): 8:51pm On Oct 08, 2013
No wonder Sis Linda gave him God's warning.........
Re: Lord Chosen Church Headquarters Shut Over Environmental Law Violation by Nobody: 8:51pm On Oct 08, 2013
This church always in news for the bad things
Re: Lord Chosen Church Headquarters Shut Over Environmental Law Violation by Mnewton(m): 8:52pm On Oct 08, 2013
God is watching..
Re: Lord Chosen Church Headquarters Shut Over Environmental Law Violation by Nobody: 8:53pm On Oct 08, 2013
abu12: Waiting for biafrans to accused fashola for witch hunting ibos

Fashola and biafrans speak better english

14 Likes

Re: Lord Chosen Church Headquarters Shut Over Environmental Law Violation by realone2012: 8:54pm On Oct 08, 2013
I just dey observe.....NO BE TODAY CHURCHES DEY VIOLATE RULES!
Re: Lord Chosen Church Headquarters Shut Over Environmental Law Violation by everyday: 8:54pm On Oct 08, 2013
It needs to be shut down indefinitely.Pastor mouka is a scam.Imagine him claiming to turn an SS to AA

1 Like

Re: Lord Chosen Church Headquarters Shut Over Environmental Law Violation by validplanet: 8:54pm On Oct 08, 2013
Not enough to shut the Church premises.
Pastor Muoka and his pastors should be made to undergo some environmental cleanliness training...

1 Like

Re: Lord Chosen Church Headquarters Shut Over Environmental Law Violation by OkikiOluwa1(m): 8:55pm On Oct 08, 2013
You can imagine how dirty that place is.
Buteee! I hate a dirty environment
Re: Lord Chosen Church Headquarters Shut Over Environmental Law Violation by orumajunior(m): 8:56pm On Oct 08, 2013
Lord have Mercy
Re: Lord Chosen Church Headquarters Shut Over Environmental Law Violation by RedCard1(m): 8:56pm On Oct 08, 2013
Mumu church. Shebi they always act like they are the holiest beings on earth. They are very much equivalent to Deeper Life. Make them go sleep joor

1 Like

Re: Lord Chosen Church Headquarters Shut Over Environmental Law Violation by Codedrock(m): 8:57pm On Oct 08, 2013
NO BE THIER FAULT NA.. Its Been their habit all dis kind churches like deeper life TO BE DAMN LAZY.. Abi i lie?
Re: Lord Chosen Church Headquarters Shut Over Environmental Law Violation by ucheokpara100(m): 8:57pm On Oct 08, 2013
i 'll only try my best, if i cant i 'll relax. nigerian are d world's most brain-washed peopl in d name of church/god. i hate nigerian way of worshipin god and brain washin poor masses, i wnt all dis 419 ministries closed, makin noise up and down, wat are thy alwys preachn evry sunday or is it nt 4rm d same bible i read evryday?
Re: Lord Chosen Church Headquarters Shut Over Environmental Law Violation by chux4liv(m): 8:57pm On Oct 08, 2013
[/quote]
quality01: There shld be serz fine attached to it for deliberately causing environmental hazard.
How many seconds will it take you to spell "severe"? Nairaland is a forum for learning ooo!!

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Has Letter X Replaced Christ In The Word Christmas? / The Man Called Pastor Chris Oyakhilome! / Muhammad Is Mentioned By The Exact Name In The Gospel Of Barnabas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.