Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,501 members, 7,781,516 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:59 PM

Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? (58154 Views)

Poll: You'd vote for:

UNILAG: 25% (101 votes)
OAU Ife: 51% (206 votes)
UI: 23% (94 votes)
This poll has ended

OAU-Ife Students Fetch Water From Stream (Pictures) / Man Beaten For Molesting OAU-Ife Student / . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by ofurufu(m): 12:40pm On Jul 01, 2008
Which of those three schools do you respect most? Students and graduates of the three schools are not meant to participate because they will obviously be biased. Comments from people from other schools are most welcomed. Or should we put as: Which of these three schools would you have chosen to go if they were the only 3 Universities in Nigeria? As for me I go like this:

1) OAU Ife
2) UNILag
3) UI
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by mekk(m): 5:34pm On Jul 01, 2008
honestly? None, they don't match up.
If u want to know what I'm talking about
See for yourself how they are faring in
the continent University ranking.

Webometrics ranking:http://www.webometrics.info/top100_continent.asp?cont=africa#
Heart breaking if you ask me.
take peace!!!

1 Like

Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by ofurufu(m): 8:39am On Jul 02, 2008
mekk:

honestly? None, they don't match up.
If u want to know what I'm talking about
See for yourself how they are faring in
the continent University ranking.

Webometrics ranking:http://www.webometrics.info/top100_continent.asp?cont=africa#
Heart breaking if you ask me.
take peace!!!

Good you are honest. But I guess you are not living in Nigeria, because by picking none, the implication is that it's either you will rather not go to University at all or in other country because the poser was premised on the assumption that those were the 3 universities in Nigeria.It appears you didn't get the the poser right.

By the way,I also agree that Nigerian universities have not been faring well on webometric World/Continental ranking.
But that is not the issue in this thread.

2 Likes

Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by ishow2005(m): 10:27am On Jul 02, 2008
well the three skools r ok for me and i think the reason for the poor ranking is basically a national problem cos some of the criteria for ranking can only be met if the country becomes a better one.

1 Like

Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by vicade(m): 10:36am On Jul 02, 2008
UNILAG. IN TERMS of book,chicks and paroles.
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by ehie007(m): 10:42am On Jul 02, 2008
@poster, u shuldnt be bother about which is best, our employers in nigeria dont give a damm about which school u finish from, all they want to know if u came out wiv 1st class or 2.1

I rate most nigerian universities(governemt) the same level in terms of what they produce (graduates). in terms of structure they are different, what matters most is what kind of graduates they produce. and i think our gradutes geenrally are at the same level.
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by spikedcylinder: 10:42am On Jul 02, 2008
Please remove OAU from that list, what an insult! angry
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by sookoo: 10:54am On Jul 02, 2008
Great Ife,anytime anyday!Learning,culture,sports,knowledge,achitectural masterpiece,they are there1even the aluta is something to enjoy,its part of the culture,you know!then,i will probably choose unilag before UI anyday,anytime.ciao!
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by marosky(m): 10:56am On Jul 02, 2008
1. U.I.
2. OAU
3. UNILAG
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by marosky(m): 10:57am On Jul 02, 2008
sookoo:

Great Ife,anytime anyday!Learning,culture,sports,knowledge,achitectural masterpiece,they are there1even the aluta is something to enjoy,its part of the culture,you know!then,i will probably choose unilag before UI anyday,anytime.ciao!
How u go choose UNILAG B4 UI.On top wetin.
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by lekush(m): 11:09am On Jul 02, 2008
Greatest Ife!!!
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by mekk(m): 11:09am On Jul 02, 2008
ofurufu:

Good you are honest. But I guess you are not living in Nigeria, because by picking none, the implication is that it's either you will rather not go to University at all or in other country because the poser was premised on the assumption that those were the 3 universities in Nigeria.It appears you didn't get the the poser right.

By the way,I also agree that Nigerian universities have not been faring well on webometric World/Continental ranking.
But that is not the issue in this thread.
You've guessed wrongly cos mekk abides here with you in naija.
I got every detail of the thread.what I just did was air my opinion,ok?

I do not have to side for one of these schools to make my opinion known.
are you cool now?
Take peace!!!
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by mekk(m): 11:11am On Jul 02, 2008
spikedcylinder:

God bless you!!! grin grin grin

Take peace!!!
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by jsooprano: 11:13am On Jul 02, 2008
Anyway,in terms of parole and ilefo,i give Unilag in tams of structure and conducive environment 4 learning i give to OAU while in tams of academic strictness i give to UI.Why b'cos of dos old Profs they wo'nt let u go easily.
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by mekk(m): 11:14am On Jul 02, 2008
lekush:

Greatest Ife!!!

That was in the past Friend,
Wake UP!!!
Take peace!!!
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by ofurufu(m): 11:34am On Jul 02, 2008
spikedcylinder:

Can't get what you mean! Do you mean OAU doesn't match these schools or they don't match OAU? Insult? To OAU or to those schools? Clarify pls
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by Gbosko: 11:37am On Jul 02, 2008
I have been to all three schools and I think, of the 3 schools, UNILAG fare worse in terms of Structures, conducive learning environment, culture, and history. OAU stands head and shoulders above the other two in terms of structures, layout and land mass. I wont go into the issue of the quality of graduates because there is no clear parameter for measuring that. So my Pick of the three is 1. OAU 2. UI and thats all cos that rough UNILAG ain't on my list . smiley
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by fyneguy: 11:39am On Jul 02, 2008
wetin be parole n ilefo?
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by superstan(m): 11:50am On Jul 02, 2008
@ ofurufu,

there are only 2 universities in nigeria: oau and the rest as one.

oau(africa's most beautiful campus)? the land mass alone is bigger than lagos state. tongue

seriously, this is a school designed to meet the very standards of schools like oxford and cambridge.

u will not see a nepa pole in oau(every electrical cable travels underground), the dam, the zoo, amphi theatre.

quality of graduates is better. a 3rd class grade student in oau will make 1st class in unilag.

it is situated far away from the city so it offers the best conducive learning environment in the whole of nigeria.

oau: 98%

ui: 85%

unilag: 60%

2 Likes

Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by tkb417(m): 11:54am On Jul 02, 2008
"Great Ife Great Ife
Africas most beautiful Campus
Conscious, Vigilant, progessive
Aluta against all Opressions
Forward ever, backward never
for learning and culture, constant struggles
Great IFE!! GREAT!!!
I love you
Their is only one Great Ife in the Universe
Another Great Ife is a counterfeit

Great!!! Great !!! Great!!!!"

its an insult to compare OAU with all others
UI dey try but LAG na soapyyyy!!!
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by superstan(m): 11:59am On Jul 02, 2008
tkb417:

"Great Ife Great Ife
Africas most beautiful Campus
Conscious, Vigilant, progessive
Aluta against all Opressions
Forward ever, backward never
for learning and culture, constant struggles
Great IFE!! GREAT!!!
I love you
Their is only one Great Ife in the Universe
Another Great Ife is a counterfeit

Great!!! Great !!! Great!!!!"

its an insult to compare OAU with all others
UI dey try but LAG na soapyyyy!!!

oau? i love the school to death.

the only nigerian university students union that kidnapped obj when he went to ife before his presidential elections in 99.

the so-called unilag students union were bought and allowed a dictator on their campus without protest.
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by tkb417(m): 12:02pm On Jul 02, 2008
@Superstan
OAU for real!!!!
yes o bros!!
were u in ife that time?
i was o during Vacama's time.
meeeeen, OAU na die!!!!!
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by crazylegs(m): 12:04pm On Jul 02, 2008
I'm trying to decide between OAU and Unilag. I'll go for OAU. It has much more of an academic atmosphere. Unilag was mainly about parties and chics. Besides it has one of the most beautiful campuses.

But that was for second place. UI is obviously and by far the first and the best.

1 Like

Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by ariffeddy(m): 12:08pm On Jul 02, 2008
[b][size=8pt][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][color=#990000]OAU is a university u cant compare with everyother universities not to talk of ui and unilag, in terms of structure and conducive learning environment. U can`t sometimes compare their products with ui and unilag's.

Ya for more information call me on 08073562132

One Love
[/siz e][/b][/color]
[/font]
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by superstan(m): 12:09pm On Jul 02, 2008
tkb417:

@Superstan
OAU for real!!!!
yes o bros!!
were u in ife that time?
i was o during Vacama's time.
meeeeen, OAU na die!!!!!

my brother was in ife then. he gave me the gists. grin

crazylegs:

I'm trying to decide between OAU and Unilag. I'll go for OAU. It has much more of an academic atmosphere. Unilag was mainly about parties and chics. Besides it has one of the most beautiful campuses.

But that was for second place. UI is obviously and by far the first and the best.

60% of the people in unilag are not legitimate students.

ui is too old to rank above oau. it will win the award for the most dilapidated university in nigeria.

oau is the best. quality education, student unionism and the beautiful scenery.

the 1km travel from the gates to the main campus is like the long road to heavens. wink
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by tkb417(m): 12:16pm On Jul 02, 2008
UI?
hehehehehehe
khaki no be leather, with all the archeology and wood production they teach u guys?
u cant be serious. . .
OAU or no other School in 9ja.
If no be OAU, i'll go abroad straight!!!

@Superstan
the scenery alone!!!
Dont mind Crazylegs. How can someone campare UI with OAU?
the sports complex, the lecture theaters, the amphi-theater, the beautiful road 1, the senate building, the spider complex, the architecture center ahhhh
IFE NA BABA!!!
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by superstan(m): 12:25pm On Jul 02, 2008
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by spikedcylinder: 12:27pm On Jul 02, 2008
What I meant was that those other schools arent comparable in any way with OAU. It is usually OAU and the others and to sum up OAU with dem unilag aka uniashewo and stuff is an insult. angry
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by crazylegs(m): 12:33pm On Jul 02, 2008
Forget all that. Amphitheater this Amphitheater that. Thats ALL I hear about Ife.

When I dey find job na scenery I go tell them. "I have been in OAU amphitheatre". When you are looking for a job and tell them you finished from UI, the interviewers just start nodding.

tkb417:

If no be OAU, i'll go abroad straight!!!

You are right my brother. OAU can be compared to the universities in Togo and Benin.  grin

Wetin be your problem your problem na? I gave you a comfortable second. Just accept it and be grateful to God. 2nd to UI is a big deal.  grin

2 Likes

Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by spikedcylinder: 12:35pm On Jul 02, 2008
Greatest Ife!!! Ever Conscious Ife!!! Ever Corrosive Ife!!! Ever Militant Gba Gba!!!

Ol boy eh, i don razz o!
cheesycheesycheesy
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by ndubest(m): 12:37pm On Jul 02, 2008
The aim of this thread will soon erode sad sad sad

The poster made it clear that graduates or students of these schools are not eligible to comment for obvoious reasons
They will be bias and if am one, I will be too
so all graduates of these schools, please do not kill the thread by screaming for your school

Objectively speaking
The school of choice depends on what your intended course of study and the kind of life you want to live

If Aluta, ASUU strike, Beautiful campus and conducive reading environment, is your take please move to OAU
If you are interested in Parties and campus enjoyment with babes, UNILAG is the place to be
If you want old and quality professors with unending accademic sessions or over stay in school with "carryovers"  UI should be your pick

for courses like
Pharmacy OAU
Medicine UI
Engineering UNILAG

I may be wrong but this my Judgement

For me, I will pick OAU because i have interest in Pharmacy though their ASUU strike is a nightmare

Peace to all

3 Likes

Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jul 02, 2008
Great Ife, we are leading,

UNILAG 5 (31.3%)
OAU Ife 8 (50%)
UI 3 (18.8%)

Total Votes: 16

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

English Sentences That Sound Crazy But Are Actually Correct / JAMB 2017 UTME 13th May - Live Update / Unimaid First Batch Admission List Is Out And Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.