Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,174 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:04 AM

NYSC: Could It Be Very Painful Not To Serve ? - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / NYSC: Could It Be Very Painful Not To Serve ? (11629 Views)

Could It Be Very Painful Not To Serve ? / Fake Corper To Serve In Prison / Do You Have To Serve NYSC If You're Coming From Abroad? What Is The Cutoff Age? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

NYSC: Could It Be Very Painful Not To Serve ? by MSB365(m): 9:50pm On Oct 08, 2013
Honestly, l cant explain my feelings for some days now, l am a 2013 batch C-supposed-corper but my name was on the exemption lists as a result of Age terminal. As much as l tried to forget this painful act,l could not just take my mind off because l keep asking, if those that served stil look for job,what is my fate now that l didnt serve. I always believed that "to serve Nigeria is not by force" but Now, l understood why those (politicians not corpers) that claimed to be serving nigeria never want to stop serving.

Cant FG and NYSC just consider all graduates without sentiment? because it is painful.

Please, what can l do to relief this pain?

1 Like

Re: NYSC: Could It Be Very Painful Not To Serve ? by MSB365(m): 10:45pm On Oct 08, 2013
Pls, dnt just view this post, l really need ur take on this.........it will go an extra miles in soothing the pain......tnx!
Re: NYSC: Could It Be Very Painful Not To Serve ? by fubbyy(m): 5:34am On Oct 09, 2013
MSB365: Pls, dnt just view this post, l really need ur take on this.........it will go an extra miles in soothing the pain......tnx!
is ur pain nt serving or the exemption later?
Re: NYSC: Could It Be Very Painful Not To Serve ? by Nobody: 6:40am On Oct 09, 2013
I've met a few peeps who weren't opportune to partake in the youth service probably because took part in sandwich programme or age restriction. They wished they could be part of it, thanks to the stories and adventures ex-corpers narrate after their service year..
But personally, I think the youth service should just end after the orientation camp and each corper should be given their 1 year allawee in bulk and move on with their lives abeg

23 Likes

Re: NYSC: Could It Be Very Painful Not To Serve ? by MSB365(m): 9:01am On Oct 09, 2013
fubbyy: is ur pain nt serving or the exemption later?

Both
Re: NYSC: Could It Be Very Painful Not To Serve ? by fubbyy(m): 10:42pm On Oct 10, 2013
MSB365:

Both
i feel ur pain sha,i'v already prepared for next month,cant imagine my self gettin exemption aftes all this stories here,i fit cry o,but take heart shaa

1 Like

Re: NYSC: Could It Be Very Painful Not To Serve ? by MSB365(m): 9:09am On Oct 11, 2013
fubbyy: i feel ur pain sha,i'v already prepared for next month,cant imagine my self gettin exemption aftes all this stories here,i fit cry o,but take heart shaa

Thanks !
Re: NYSC: Could It Be Very Painful Not To Serve ? by kollybay4u: 2:08pm On Oct 21, 2013
Sometimes God's way is not man's way. Last year my friend was going to the camp when he got an accident that took the lives of many corpers when the bus caught fire. Thank God that my friend just have only leg fracture and admitted to hospital for many months. ''When God is doing good we may think is doing bad''.

6 Likes

Re: NYSC: Could It Be Very Painful Not To Serve ? by YoshiMaster: 2:08pm On Oct 21, 2013
NYSC Scheme should be burnt in the deepest, darkest, hottest part of hell.

Please don't mention Isreal, cause we all know they are under threat, so they need mandatory military training, sorta like drafting.

What other country of note, has a scheme deliberately designed to impede professional growth?

All for what? So we can love each other?

F.o.c.k outta here!

2 Likes

Re: NYSC: Could It Be Very Painful Not To Serve ? by IamDavid(m): 2:09pm On Oct 21, 2013
I think you will forget it when you have a job with good pay. Dts d koko.

1 Like

Re: NYSC: Could It Be Very Painful Not To Serve ? by Donkarizma: 2:09pm On Oct 21, 2013
I can only imagine ur pain.What has happened has happened. The only thing you should do is to get to ur feet and start looking for job.I believe that once you get a nice job, you will forget about it. I know some people who are now working and they are looking for way to get exempted because they are well paid.
After all going to service dosent mean you will get a nice job.

1 Like

Re: NYSC: Could It Be Very Painful Not To Serve ? by stanley99a(m): 2:09pm On Oct 21, 2013
My gud friend, don't be pained. Its just part of life. Get ur self together and move on with ur life. There nothin much in serving the country these days. Thank God u were exempted, meanin u wil be given certificate.

2 Likes

Re: NYSC: Could It Be Very Painful Not To Serve ? by smart134: 2:09pm On Oct 21, 2013
Prayer is d Only Solution! Pray to God and he will take away ur pain! Wu knows..u might be d next director of NYSC!

1 Like

Re: NYSC: Could It Be Very Painful Not To Serve ? by WHIZBRO(m): 2:09pm On Oct 21, 2013
Nonsense, u be small boy? angry , Use that one year and hustle, gather money and get out of this purgatory we call country joor..... Or you fit just port enter Lagoon

By the way, how much did you pay the moderator?

1 Like

Re: NYSC: Could It Be Very Painful Not To Serve ? by yerima11: 2:10pm On Oct 21, 2013
You can not do anything about it. You just have to admit and face reality. Get professional courses done and start job haunting.
Re: NYSC: Could It Be Very Painful Not To Serve ? by mebad(m): 2:10pm On Oct 21, 2013
could be very painful but look at the brighter side. you get to do something more promising instead of being used as a BH shooting target
Re: NYSC: Could It Be Very Painful Not To Serve ? by Mrniceguyjohn(m): 2:11pm On Oct 21, 2013
yes of cos
Re: NYSC: Could It Be Very Painful Not To Serve ? by Nobody: 2:12pm On Oct 21, 2013
Na you make mistake op.
Alot of corpers dey reduce age before graduation.
If you'd reduced your age u for dey serve now.
Just check if u can still do it.
Nobody should try to criticise my post o, because most ppl in this world will lie to get what they want so long as it's not hurting any one

4 Likes

Re: NYSC: Could It Be Very Painful Not To Serve ? by Chicolee(f): 2:13pm On Oct 21, 2013
Ogbeche77: I've met a few peeps who weren't opportune to partake in the youth service probably because took part in sandwich programme or age restriction. They wished they could be part of it, thanks to the stories and adventures ex-corpers narrate after their service year..
But personally, I think the youth service should just end after the orientation camp and each corper should be given their 1 year allawee in bulk and move on with their lives abeg

My sentiments exactly
Re: NYSC: Could It Be Very Painful Not To Serve ? by mmmustapha(m): 2:13pm On Oct 21, 2013
Capital NO, I even prepare 2 seat @ home and serve my parent than serving un appreciate govt
Re: NYSC: Could It Be Very Painful Not To Serve ? by Sllowppoisoon: 2:13pm On Oct 21, 2013
lipsrsealed
Re: NYSC: Could It Be Very Painful Not To Serve ? by Okwyjesus(m): 2:15pm On Oct 21, 2013
I didnt serve but collected Exemption. No much regret bcs it gav me speed ahead of my classmate. B4 they're discharged am alrdy working.

But l miss d experience and that's what money cant buy.

3 Likes

Re: NYSC: Could It Be Very Painful Not To Serve ? by geeworld1(m): 2:17pm On Oct 21, 2013
Move on with life my broda
Re: NYSC: Could It Be Very Painful Not To Serve ? by jmoore(m): 2:17pm On Oct 21, 2013
You will get an exemption letter. Stop crying.

You can still serve Nigeria without being a member of NYSC.

1 Like

Re: NYSC: Could It Be Very Painful Not To Serve ? by delishpot: 2:19pm On Oct 21, 2013
Well, I made good friends and experienced a different culture but, I would have prefered to get a good job and fashi the nysc stiff sha. Too much stress.
Re: NYSC: Could It Be Very Painful Not To Serve ? by yunglykmine(m): 2:20pm On Oct 21, 2013
Ogbeche77: I've met a few peeps who weren't opportune to partake in the youth service probably because took part in sandwich programme or age restriction. They wished they could be part of it, thanks to the stories and adventures ex-corpers narrate after their service year..

GBAM!!!
Re: NYSC: Could It Be Very Painful Not To Serve ? by kalan: 2:24pm On Oct 21, 2013
@OP,
You better thank God u were exempted. that gives you a plus. You have One full year to jump-start your job search before your colleagues.
its not a plus to serve O.

in fact apart from the 3 weeks food and merry making experience in camp, nothing is there, the glory has departed.

Define the purpose of your life and start going after it now. what about people who refused to serve or didnt even attend University and they
are fulling their destiny?

I know how you feel, but sincerely there is nothing special about the experience, its just exaggerated.
Take this ONE year to achieve something- get a job, get certified, learn a skill, Do something that when your colleagues come back and start complaining about their service year, you can point to something and say- this is what i did with my service year.

its childish to cry over spill milk - MOVE ON. There is more fun in your FUTURE!!!

8 Likes

Re: NYSC: Could It Be Very Painful Not To Serve ? by Adele200(m): 2:31pm On Oct 21, 2013
@Op, In every situation u find urself, just give tnks 2 God. Do u knw dat nt all those dat goes to service come back alive? D only diff is dat; u won't av d experience dats all. And as for d certificate, u would b given an exemption certificate which is also equivalent to d discharge certificate. Its well wit U IJN.

2 Likes

Re: NYSC: Could It Be Very Painful Not To Serve ? by premlove(m): 2:32pm On Oct 21, 2013
This op just want to make me cry i have been trying to remove it frm my mind bt is not easy,i will be graduting nxt yr if not for the strike. Is very painful to be sincere
Re: NYSC: Could It Be Very Painful Not To Serve ? by justplainpaul(m): 2:32pm On Oct 21, 2013
Op, what do u stand to gain as a corper. is it the peanut they call allowee or the adventure as a corper. what matters in this country is money. collect your exemption letter and start husling. there is no time, but u still want to waste your time on Nysc. i myself don`t have any age restriction to serve but if i find a way not to serve after graduation with no qualms i will be very happy.

5 Likes

Re: NYSC: Could It Be Very Painful Not To Serve ? by Emmysteve(m): 2:39pm On Oct 21, 2013
Its better to have your dream pay job now than go for service.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dear Corper, You Have To Read This / Creativity Business For Creative Corpers. / Why Part-time Student Are Not Allow 2 Go 4 Nysc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.