Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,514 members, 7,808,877 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:29 PM

The Wedding Of Nnamdi Azikiwe (picture) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Wedding Of Nnamdi Azikiwe (picture) (27628 Views)

Picture Of Nnamdi Kanu At The Court Today / Police Arrest Supporters Of Nnamdi Kanu, Radio Biafra Director - Vanguard / Oshiomhole And Iara At The Wedding Of Bayo Omoboriowo (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Wedding Of Nnamdi Azikiwe (picture) by Nobody: 10:00pm On Oct 08, 2013
Nnamdi Azikiwe i the first President of Nigeria and remains a legend till tomorrow. Here is a picture of his wedding to his sweetheart and one-time First Lady of Nigeria, then Miss Flora Ogoegbunam in 1936. The wedding was held in James Town, Accra, Ghana. Hear what foremost historian, Max Siollun has to say about the late Zik of Africa: If Zik had killed himself, there would have been no Nigeria today – period. He more than anyone else (with the exception of Gowon) is responsible for the continued unity of Nigeria.

The wife died in 1983 and Zik himself later died in 1996. Actually, there was a time the great Zik wanted to commit suicide. In the words of Bimbola Babarinde, an expert on Nigerian history, Zik’s early years in America were so difficult and at one point he attempted suicide by lying across train tracks and waiting for an oncoming train to crush him. A good Samaritan saved his life by pulling him off the track with the train only a few yards from him. Life in America then for a lonely young African man was terrible, especially with all the discrimination, segregation and economic depression.

Also, he had other wives and his youngest wife might still be alive at his Nsukka Onuiyi residence. One of them, Professor Uche Azikiwe is still alive and is a lecturer at the University of Nigeria, Nsukka, Enugu State. Flora had four children for him (three males and one female), the eldest son is named Bamidele and Uche has two. There was also another late wife named Ugoye who also had two. And a child born out of wedlock from an English woman, the child was named Jayzik and is dead. Zik also had a child named Nnaemeka with a woman named Ms. Nelly Krupp, later Mrs. Mike Ibru (I am guessing that should be Jayzik because this same Nnaemeka died a year or two ago).

He was a ladies’ man and while at Yaba, he was well-known among the female folk. He had eyes for good-looking ladies and his youngest wife, Uche was a member of the renowned Afikpo traditional dance named ‘Nkwa Nwite’ which entertained him when he visited Afikpo. Zik set his eyes on her and today, the rest is history…lol

1 Like

Re: The Wedding Of Nnamdi Azikiwe (picture) by IGBOSON1: 10:10pm On Oct 08, 2013
Gosh....the pic looks old!
Re: The Wedding Of Nnamdi Azikiwe (picture) by Nobody: 10:12pm On Oct 08, 2013
that pix was in 1936 dude... grin

10 Likes

Re: The Wedding Of Nnamdi Azikiwe (picture) by Nobody: 10:34pm On Oct 08, 2013
This Azikiwe came from a rich n elightened Family o. When some people were using palm frond to cover their unclothedness, he was already wearing a 3-piece suit.

5 Likes

Re: The Wedding Of Nnamdi Azikiwe (picture) by Tolexander: 10:36pm On Oct 08, 2013
Here is a picture of
his wedding to his sweetheart
and one-time First Lady of
Nigeria
, then Miss Flora
Ogoegbunam in 1936.
i very need an explanation on the boldened part. What post would be assigned to Tafawa Balewa's (prefered) wife?
Where are the 'cofetti' ladies, best man, men in suit, ring bearer, flowers?

2 Likes

Re: The Wedding Of Nnamdi Azikiwe (picture) by donphilopus: 10:41pm On Oct 08, 2013
IGBO-SON:
were you expecting it to look like the Pix you took last Week?
SMH

10 Likes

Re: The Wedding Of Nnamdi Azikiwe (picture) by Chaleeee: 10:44pm On Oct 08, 2013
IGBO-SON:

Wha do you expect? Coloured digital 5x7 picture? Stop kidding yourself.... cool

2 Likes

Re: The Wedding Of Nnamdi Azikiwe (picture) by AbuMikey(m): 10:49pm On Oct 08, 2013
IGBO-SON:

See Yourself?? angry

Shey na Colored Pix you be wan see nii`

2 Likes

Re: The Wedding Of Nnamdi Azikiwe (picture) by Nobody: 10:55pm On Oct 08, 2013
OP bro you sure this is a wedding pic? Looks like a funeral pic to me undecided

7 Likes

Re: The Wedding Of Nnamdi Azikiwe (picture) by Itoroetti(m): 11:04pm On Oct 08, 2013
Nice one from zik of africa.but multiple women creates multiple problem
Re: The Wedding Of Nnamdi Azikiwe (picture) by IGBOSON1: 11:24pm On Oct 08, 2013
donphilopus: were you expecting it to look like the Pix you took last Week?
SMH

^^^Fair comment i have to admit! undecided

1 Like

Re: The Wedding Of Nnamdi Azikiwe (picture) by Nobody: 11:26pm On Oct 08, 2013
All these our past heroes wey sabi play away match. Couldn't they have sticked to one woman each? They were busy sleeping around with women and getting them pregnant. No wonder Nigeria still remained what it is since independence. Ladies man my foot! angry

1 Like

Re: The Wedding Of Nnamdi Azikiwe (picture) by donphilopus: 11:28pm On Oct 08, 2013
IGBO-SON:

^^^Fair comment i have to admit! undecided
cool, the Pix still looks good anyways

1 Like

Re: The Wedding Of Nnamdi Azikiwe (picture) by homesteady(m): 11:34pm On Oct 08, 2013
ThankGOD for technology! smiley
Re: The Wedding Of Nnamdi Azikiwe (picture) by Kanwulia: 12:29am On Oct 09, 2013
Na him mama him marry? undecided
Re: The Wedding Of Nnamdi Azikiwe (picture) by Nobody: 3:22am On Oct 09, 2013
That picture is so old, I thought it was a sketch work by a professional artist!
Re: The Wedding Of Nnamdi Azikiwe (picture) by Nobody: 3:24am On Oct 09, 2013
Tolexander: i very need an explanation on the boldened part. What post would be assigned to Tafawa Balewa's (prefered) wife?
Where are the 'cofetti' ladies, best man, men in suit, ring bearer, flowers?

Hey man! 1936?

1 Like

Re: The Wedding Of Nnamdi Azikiwe (picture) by Nobody: 6:54am On Oct 09, 2013
berem: All these our past heroes wey sabi play away match. Couldn't they have sticked to one woman each? They were busy sleeping around with women and getting them pregnant. No wonder Nigeria still remained what it is since independence. Ladies man my foot! angry

If na you nko,would you stick to one punny??

Please stop beefing this legend of a man..he was a very handsome man....sexier than all those gap toothed men that make reach for your toy.
Re: The Wedding Of Nnamdi Azikiwe (picture) by VirginFinder: 9:13am On Oct 09, 2013
ehya
Re: The Wedding Of Nnamdi Azikiwe (picture) by Nobody: 9:20am On Oct 09, 2013
He's lucky HIV wasn't commom then
He wouldn't have lived as long as he did

What an irresponsible fockery undecided

I'm disappointed
Re: The Wedding Of Nnamdi Azikiwe (picture) by movein: 9:20am On Oct 09, 2013
Days wey virgins full ground!

1 Like

Re: The Wedding Of Nnamdi Azikiwe (picture) by IdiAmin2(m): 9:21am On Oct 09, 2013
IGBO-SON:

oh boy, shey na 20 mega pixel 3D photo u dey except to see?
Re: The Wedding Of Nnamdi Azikiwe (picture) by Gorrbachev: 9:22am On Oct 09, 2013
I remember the op posted that of Awolowo too but Azikiwe's made it to the front page. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Wedding Of Nnamdi Azikiwe (picture) by Nobody: 9:23am On Oct 09, 2013
I was there!
Re: The Wedding Of Nnamdi Azikiwe (picture) by njuwo(m): 9:24am On Oct 09, 2013
berem: All these our past heroes wey sabi play away match. Couldn't they have sticked to one woman each? They were busy sleeping around with women and getting them pregnant. No wonder Nigeria still remained what it is since independence. Ladies man my foot! angry
ahn ahn berem berem must u comment on evry thread, is nt a must to comment o, stop judging d man, he's dead and gone, allow him to rest in peace na.
Re: The Wedding Of Nnamdi Azikiwe (picture) by Lilimax(f): 9:25am On Oct 09, 2013
Itoroetti :
Nice one from zik of africa.but multiple women creates multiple problem
Polygamy is odiuos in nature angry
People should flee from it wink.
Re: The Wedding Of Nnamdi Azikiwe (picture) by Nobody: 9:26am On Oct 09, 2013
ZIK OF AFRICA

1 Like

Re: The Wedding Of Nnamdi Azikiwe (picture) by babarazy: 9:26am On Oct 09, 2013
wasak: ASUU pls in d name of Nnamdi Azikiwe....call off this strike... pls!!!
looooool
Re: The Wedding Of Nnamdi Azikiwe (picture) by olahero(m): 9:30am On Oct 09, 2013
lolz
Re: The Wedding Of Nnamdi Azikiwe (picture) by lilslick(m): 9:31am On Oct 09, 2013
ok
Re: The Wedding Of Nnamdi Azikiwe (picture) by Lilimax(f): 9:32am On Oct 09, 2013
Gorrbachev: I remember the op posted that of Awolowo too but Azikiwe's made it to the front page. grin grin grin
Na turn by turn nah grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Adesina, Oteh’s Appointments Show We Had A World-class Economic Team – Jonathan / Fayose Canvasses Juicy Ministerial Position For Fayemi / Yakubu Gowon Visits Shehu Shagari (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.