Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,593 members, 7,801,702 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 08:46 PM

Confused!.do I Stay In Nigeria Or Travel To Europe - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Confused!.do I Stay In Nigeria Or Travel To Europe (1818 Views)

Nigerians In The Desert Trying To Travel To Europe / How Can I Stay Safe When I Arrive In Nigeria? / I Have Been Given 250k To Travel Should I Invest It Here Or Travel Out To Uk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Confused!.do I Stay In Nigeria Or Travel To Europe by Desloaaa(f): 11:41am On Oct 09, 2013
Am an Entrepreneur,and have enjoyed my job for about 2years.(i sell female clothings ).its been rough and tough though but God has been really faithful.
Now comes this offer from a neigbhourhood friend who's in Finland,he wants me to come over for some modelling jobs(i have never been a model.).He promised to help slot in my name without me paying a dime.He has been on this for over a year,but i have never nursed the feeling to leave 9ja for a 'No man's Land' as an immigrant,reason i hadn't taken up the offer.This time,it looks really promising,same time as when am experiencing God's favour in my business.Am confused,i dont have anyone to share this with,your advice would go a long way.Yea,i know $1~#161
Re: Confused!.do I Stay In Nigeria Or Travel To Europe by dasparrow: 2:21pm On Oct 09, 2013
Desloaaa: Am an Entrepreneur,and have enjoyed my job for about 2years.(i sell female clothings ).its been rough and tough though but God has been really faithful.
Now comes this offer from a neigbhourhood friend who's in Finland,he wants me to come over for some modelling jobs(i have never been a model.).He promised to help slot in my name without me paying a dime.He has been on this for over a year,but i have never nursed the feeling to leave 9ja for a 'No man's Land' as an immigrant,reason i hadn't taken up the offer.This time,it looks really promising,same time as when am experiencing God's favour in my business.Am confused,i dont have anyone to share this with,your advice would go a long way.Yea,i know $1~#161

Ask this neighborhood friend of yours what the catch is. The fact that he is a MALE makes me think that eventually he will want have sex with you or be in a relationship with you and if you refuse, he will not go any further to help you. Most men do not help young ladies for nothing. Often times, they want something in return especially if they know the lady is young and single. If that was a female friend whom you know very well inviting you over, I would have said okay, go try your luck. But a man? Hmmmm. Tomorrow, he might ask you to go and do ashawo work. There are many Nigerian women who were promised stuff by Nigerian men living abroad and on getting overseas were taken advantage of and their passports seized by these men. Don't fall a victim. Be content with what God has blessed you with so far.

My advise to you, keep selling your female clothes. Europe is still trying to recover from the global financial recession. Since your business is doing well, focus on that. Few years down the line, you will have boutiques all over the place. Don't leave certainty for [b]un[/b]certainty especially when things are beginning to look up for you here in Nigeria. Many Nigerians overseas take advantage of recently arrived immigrants from Nigeria. I have seen the hell many Nigerians put their own blood relatives through in the white man's land much less some neighborhood friend so be wise. All the best!

1 Like

Re: Confused!.do I Stay In Nigeria Or Travel To Europe by ifegy: 7:43pm On Oct 09, 2013
Op, listen to dasparrow!
Re: Confused!.do I Stay In Nigeria Or Travel To Europe by Desloaaa(f): 3:27am On Oct 11, 2013
God bless you dasparrow
Re: Confused!.do I Stay In Nigeria Or Travel To Europe by yemmyma: 7:34am On Oct 11, 2013
I would advice you to stay in Nigeria and continue to grow your business.

You, a black woman heading to Finland a country full of white people to become a model does not sound good.
You are not a professional model.
Finland is not even a hub for models in Europe.

I don't know your friend but i think he has other plans. So be careful because he is obviously not giving you a good offer.

All the best

1 Like

Re: Confused!.do I Stay In Nigeria Or Travel To Europe by funkybaby(f): 9:02am On Oct 11, 2013
Desloaaa: Am an Entrepreneur,and have enjoyed my job for about 2years.(i sell female clothings ).its been rough and tough though but God has been really faithful.

Lol.

afi modelling na. grin grin

you had better continue with your business except you want to end up being a prostitute in finland.

your friend sounds like a p1mp and i wont be too surprised if he's involved with a prostitution ring. they are all around europe...seeking desperate and vulnerable women from asia and africa.
Re: Confused!.do I Stay In Nigeria Or Travel To Europe by 25omega(m): 1:32pm On Oct 11, 2013
Now comes this offer from a neigbhourhood friend who's in Finland,he wants me to come over for some modelling jobs (i have never been a model.).He promised to help slot in my name without me paying a dime.He has been on this for over a year,but i have never nursed the feeling to leave 9ja for a 'No man's Land' as an immigrant,reason i hadn't taken up the offer.This time,it looks really promising,same time as when am experiencing God's favour in my business.Am confused,i dont have anyone to share this with,your advice would go a long way.Yea,i know $1~#161
poster please go to youtube and watch the video that shows Nigerian prostitutes in italy. Most of what you said here sounds similar to what most of those women said brought them to Italy.

Then again life is all about taking chances who knows undecided might be legit.
Who am i kidding, grin abeg be careful and remember that nothing is for free even when it comes to your own family some times needles to say a friend
Re: Confused!.do I Stay In Nigeria Or Travel To Europe by AreaFada2: 2:51am On Oct 13, 2013
If you're ready to be a prostitute then go ahead.

Has he been sending only or mostly girls to Europe for two years now? If so he's most likely selling the girls to "madams" abroad.

He will sell you for say 20,000 Euros and you will to use your va*gina to work 50,000 Euros or more to pay your madam.

Well that could mean sleeping with up to 15 men a day and standing by the roadside wearing barely more than a bikini and a jacket in freezing cold.

Well I want to be as graphic as possible so that you have no doubts what awaits you abroad.
Re: Confused!.do I Stay In Nigeria Or Travel To Europe by Desloaaa(f): 5:47pm On Oct 18, 2013
Thanks y'all. I know i'd always find succour here on Nl.God bless you all.i told him i got a contract that would be taking most of my time,he got really angry because i was suppose to meet with some white dude here in lagos which i declined.Once again i appreciate all your postive response.
Re: Confused!.do I Stay In Nigeria Or Travel To Europe by ifegy: 8:07pm On Oct 18, 2013
Well done!

(1) (Reply)

Please How Do I Go About Getting An International Passport? / Traveling Abroad / Relocation To Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.