Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,996 members, 7,806,891 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:27 AM

Great Verses From The Bible, ... That Christians Are Ashamed Of. - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Great Verses From The Bible, ... That Christians Are Ashamed Of. (7526 Views)

TEN QUESTIONS That Christians Can Never Answer / Where Is It Written In The Bible That Masturbation Is A Sin???? / Is It The Bible That Says Virgin Brides Should Wear White? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Great Verses From The Bible, ... That Christians Are Ashamed Of. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 8:08pm On Oct 11, 2013
Psalm 137:9

9 Blessed shall he be who takes your little ones
and dashes them against the rock!
Re: Great Verses From The Bible, ... That Christians Are Ashamed Of. by Victosin09(f): 9:27pm On Oct 11, 2013
macof: civilisation ends as soon as you become Christian
I couldnt agree more
Re: Great Verses From The Bible, ... That Christians Are Ashamed Of. by Nobody: 9:45pm On Oct 11, 2013
Alfa Seltzer: Numbers 31:7-18

7 They fought against Midian, as the Lord commanded Moses, and killed every man. 8 Among their victims were Evi, Rekem, Zur, Hur and Reba—the five kings of Midian. They also killed Balaam son of Beor with the sword. 9 The Israelites captured the Midianite women and children and took all the Midianite herds, flocks and goods as plunder. 10 They burned all the towns where the Midianites had settled, as well as all their camps. 11 They took all the plunder and spoils, including the people and animals, 12 and brought the captives, spoils and plunder to Moses and Eleazar the priest and the Israelite assembly at their camp on the plains of Moab, by the Jordan across from Jericho.

13 Moses, Eleazar the priest and all the leaders of the community went to meet them outside the camp. 14 Moses was angry with the officers of the army—the commanders of thousands and commanders of hundreds—who returned from the battle.

15 “Have you allowed all the women to live?” he asked them. 16 “They were the ones who followed Balaam’s advice and enticed the Israelites to be unfaithful to the Lord in the Peor incident, so that a plague struck the Lord’s people. 17 Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, 18 but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

My goodness.
Re: Great Verses From The Bible, ... That Christians Are Ashamed Of. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 5:12am On Oct 12, 2013
Deuteronomy 13:15-16

15 you must certainly put to the sword all who live in that town. You must destroy it completely, both its people and its livestock. 16 You are to gather all the plunder of the town into the middle of the public square and completely burn the town and all its plunder as a whole burnt offering to the Lord your God. That town is to remain a ruin forever, never to be rebuilt,
Re: Great Verses From The Bible, ... That Christians Are Ashamed Of. by Mintayo(m): 8:24am On Oct 12, 2013
For a child is born to us, a son is given to us.
The government will rest on His shoulders.
And He will be called: Wonderful Counsellor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of peace.
Isaiah 9:6.
Re: Great Verses From The Bible, ... That Christians Are Ashamed Of. by Mintayo(m): 8:27am On Oct 12, 2013
18:. "Yes," he told them, "I saw Satan fall fom heaven like lightning!
19. Look I have given you authority over all the power of the enemy, and you can walk upon snakes and scorpions and crush them. Nothing will injure you.
Luke 10:18-19.

1 Like

Re: Great Verses From The Bible, ... That Christians Are Ashamed Of. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 2:07pm On Oct 12, 2013
Loving yahweh shows his love

1 Samuel 15:3

3 Now go and attack Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and do not spare them. But kill both man and woman, infant and nursing child, ox and sheep, camel and donkey.’”
Re: Great Verses From The Bible, ... That Christians Are Ashamed Of. by GeneralShepherd(m): 2:55pm On Oct 12, 2013
Alfa I suspect you were a former pastor and ur belief in God failed you. My guess
Re: Great Verses From The Bible, ... That Christians Are Ashamed Of. by macof(m): 3:50pm On Oct 12, 2013
Alfa pls carry on,I love ur post.
Show dem the devil they worship
Re: Great Verses From The Bible, ... That Christians Are Ashamed Of. by Mintayo(m): 5:06pm On Oct 12, 2013
Luke 22:3-4.
3. Then Satan entered into Judas Iscariot,who was one of the twelve disciples,
4. And he went to the leading priests and captains of the Temple guard to discuss the best way to betray Jesus to them.
Re: Great Verses From The Bible, ... That Christians Are Ashamed Of. by wordcat(m): 6:46pm On Oct 12, 2013
macof: civilisation ends as soon as you become Christian

hohohohoho
Re: Great Verses From The Bible, ... That Christians Are Ashamed Of. by Nobody: 8:46pm On Oct 12, 2013
Mintayo: For a child is born to us, a son is given to us.
The government will rest on His shoulders.
And He will be called: Wonderful Counsellor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of peace.
Isaiah 9:6.
the child will be killed, and his father will use his blood to quench his unending thirst for blood. grin
Re: Great Verses From The Bible, ... That Christians Are Ashamed Of. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 9:08pm On Oct 12, 2013
Another yahweh injunction you won't hear in sunday school: Kill brides on their wedding day!

Deuteronomy 22:13-21

13 If a man takes a wife and, after sleeping with her, dislikes her 14 and slanders her and gives her a bad name, saying, “I married this woman, but when I approached her, I did not find proof of her virginity,” 15 then the young woman’s father and mother shall bring to the town elders at the gate proof that she was a virgin. 16 Her father will say to the elders, “I gave my daughter in marriage to this man, but he dislikes her. 17 Now he has slandered her and said, ‘I did not find your daughter to be a virgin.’ But here is the proof of my daughter’s virginity.” Then her parents shall display the cloth before the elders of the town, 18 and the elders shall take the man and punish him. 19 They shall fine him a hundred shekels[a] of silver and give them to the young woman’s father, because this man has given an Israelite virgin a bad name. She shall continue to be his wife; he must not divorce her as long as he lives.

20 If, however, the charge is true and no proof of the young woman’s virginity can be found, 21 she shall be brought to the door of her father’s house and there the men of her town shall stone her to death. She has done an outrageous thing in Israel by being promiscuous while still in her father’s house. You must purge the evil from among you.
Re: Great Verses From The Bible, ... That Christians Are Ashamed Of. by GeneralShepherd(m): 10:01pm On Oct 12, 2013
Alfa Seltzer: Another yahweh injunction you won't hear in sunday school: Kill brides on their wedding day!

Deuteronomy 22:13-21

13 If a man takes a wife and, after sleeping with her, dislikes her 14 and slanders her and gives her a bad name, saying, “I married this woman, but when I approached her, I did not find proof of her virginity,” 15 then the young woman’s father and mother shall bring to the town elders at the gate proof that she was a virgin. 16 Her father will say to the elders, “I gave my daughter in marriage to this man, but he dislikes her. 17 Now he has slandered her and said, ‘I did not find your daughter to be a virgin.’ But here is the proof of my daughter’s virginity.” Then her parents shall display the cloth before the elders of the town, 18 and the elders shall take the man and punish him. 19 They shall fine him a hundred shekels[a] of silver and give them to the young woman’s father, because this man has given an Israelite virgin a bad name. She shall continue to be his wife; he must not divorce her as long as he lives.

20 If, however, the charge is true and no proof of the young woman’s virginity can be found, 21 she shall be brought to the door of her father’s house and there the men of her town shall stone her to death. She has done an outrageous thing in Israel by being promiscuous while still in her father’s house. You must purge the evil from among you.

why just punishment for the man and death for the young lady?
I really I'm sad
Re: Great Verses From The Bible, ... That Christians Are Ashamed Of. by macof(m): 10:20pm On Oct 12, 2013
GeneralShepherd:

why just punishment for the man and death for the young lady?
I really I'm sad
the God of the Christians is a wicked and bias demon are you just knowing?

1 Like

Re: Great Verses From The Bible, ... That Christians Are Ashamed Of. by Mintayo(m): 11:09pm On Oct 12, 2013
John 8:44 (NLT)
44. For you are the children of your father the devil(satan), and you love to do the evil things He does. He was a murderer from the begining. He has always hated the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies,it is consistent with his character; for he is a liar and the father of lies.
Re: Great Verses From The Bible, ... That Christians Are Ashamed Of. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 5:22am On Oct 13, 2013
2 Samuel 6:6-7

When they came to the threshing floor of Nodan, Uzzah reached out his hand to the ark of God to steady it, for the oxen were making it tip. But the Lord was angry with Uzzah; God struck him on that spot, and he died there before God.
Re: Great Verses From The Bible, ... That Christians Are Ashamed Of. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 9:01am On Oct 13, 2013
Song of Solomon 3:7-8

7 Behold his bed, which is Solomon's; threescore valiant men are about it, of the valiant of Israel.

8 They all hold swords, being expert in war: every man hath his sword upon his thigh because of fear in the night.

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Royal Group Intimacy
Re: Great Verses From The Bible, ... That Christians Are Ashamed Of. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:46am On Oct 13, 2013
Hosea 1:2

2 The Lord said to Hosea, “Go and marry a girl who is a prostitute, so that some of her children will be born to you from other men. ....”
Re: Great Verses From The Bible, ... That Christians Are Ashamed Of. by Mintayo(m): 10:57am On Oct 13, 2013
Alfa Seltzer: Hosea 1:2

2 The Lord said to Hosea, “Go and marry a girl who is a prostitute, so that some of her children will be born to you from other men. ....”
lol,just like your master,satan,a defeated LIAR.
What translation of the Bible is that?
Re: Great Verses From The Bible, ... That Christians Are Ashamed Of. by macof(m): 11:06am On Oct 13, 2013
Mintayo: John 8:44 (NLT)
44. For you are the children of your father the devil(satan), and you love to do the evil things He does. He was a murderer from the begining. He has always hated the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies,it is consistent with his character; for he is a liar and the father of lies.
satan never lied, God did most of the laying and men did the rest. Satan is actually the most truthful person in the whole Bible. And satan never killed anyone, but ur God(the great demon) has killed millions
Re: Great Verses From The Bible, ... That Christians Are Ashamed Of. by RationalDude(m): 11:10am On Oct 13, 2013
Mintayo:
Dude, that verse is in the bible although it might just be allegory.
Re: Great Verses From The Bible, ... That Christians Are Ashamed Of. by Mintayo(m): 11:14am On Oct 13, 2013
RationalDude: Dude, that verse is in the bible although it might just be allegory.
lol,maybe you should go and read it yourself or you ask alfa to put the correct one here for us all to see.
Allegory? Smh.
Re: Great Verses From The Bible, ... That Christians Are Ashamed Of. by Mintayo(m): 11:16am On Oct 13, 2013
macof: satan never lied, God did most of the laying and men did the rest. Satan is actually the most truthful person in the whole Bible. And satan never killed anyone, but ur God(the great demon) has killed millions
i wld v ask you to show me where God lied but am sure your biased nature and mind will misinterprete the scriptures again.
Can i show you where satan lied?
Re: Great Verses From The Bible, ... That Christians Are Ashamed Of. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 11:19am On Oct 13, 2013
Mintayo:

Living Bible (TLB)

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Hosea%201:2&version=TLB

Re: Great Verses From The Bible, ... That Christians Are Ashamed Of. by macof(m): 11:45am On Oct 13, 2013
Mintayo:
i wld v ask you to show me where God lied but am sure your biased nature and mind will misinterprete the scriptures again.
Can i show you where satan lied?
am sure you know the verses that show case Yahweh's supreme ability of lies. But you can't show one verse that satan lied
Re: Great Verses From The Bible, ... That Christians Are Ashamed Of. by Mintayo(m): 12:13pm On Oct 13, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

Living Bible (TLB)

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Hosea%201:2&version=TLB

hmmmm,and what did verse 3-4 says?
Re: Great Verses From The Bible, ... That Christians Are Ashamed Of. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 2:26pm On Oct 13, 2013
Isaiah 14:21

21 Kill this man’s children!
Let them die because of their father’s sins!
They must not rise and conquer the earth,
filling the world with their cities.”
Re: Great Verses From The Bible, ... That Christians Are Ashamed Of. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 4:22pm On Oct 13, 2013
Judges 1:19

19 The Lord helped the tribe of Judah exterminate the people of the hill country, though they failed in their attempt to conquer the people of the valley, who had iron chariots.
Re: Great Verses From The Bible, ... That Christians Are Ashamed Of. by macof(m): 4:26pm On Oct 13, 2013
Alfa Seltzer: Judges 1:19

19 The Lord helped the tribe of Judah exterminate the people of the hill country, though they failed in their attempt to conquer the people of the valley, who had iron chariots.
the Christian God fails grin
Re: Great Verses From The Bible, ... That Christians Are Ashamed Of. by lincolnj88: 7:40pm On Oct 13, 2013
Jesus perfected christianity and he was meek and perfect....he was never a warlord or child rapist or teaches to kill disbelievers or cut off d hands of thieves or stone d adulteress....even his dying words were fada forgive dem....but your warlord last words was kill all disbelievers........

Most of your bible reference was false....and lets 4get perception and know which religion is wicked d most...
In dis century which
1. Religion people murder unbelievers in name of allah
2. religion people marry child at.d.age of 1 to 15
3. Religion impose d death penalty on apostates
4. religion has d most no of terrorists
5. Which religion denies girl child education
6. Which religion meaning has submission before peace
7. Which religion denies forgives to sin and declares amputation of hand and stoning to death (sharia)
8. Which religion declares total war on unbelievers and called it holy war.'..
9. Which religion supports wife beating
10. Which religion allow d marrying of 4 wives
Re: Great Verses From The Bible, ... That Christians Are Ashamed Of. by GeneralShepherd(m): 7:46pm On Oct 13, 2013
lincolnj88: Jesus perfected christianity and he was meek and perfect....he was never a warlord or child rapist or teaches to kill disbelievers or cut off d hands of thieves or stone d adulteress....even his dying words were fada forgive dem....but your warlord last words was kill all disbelievers........

Most of your bible reference was false....and lets 4get perception and know which religion is wicked d most...
In dis century which
1. Religion people murder unbelievers in name of allah
2. religion people marry child at.d.age of 1 to 15
3. Religion impose d death penalty on apostates
4. religion has d most no of terrorists
5. Which religion denies girl child education
6. Which religion meaning has submission before peace
7. Which religion denies forgives to sin and declares amputation of hand and stoning to death (sharia)
8. Which religion declares total war on unbelievers and called it holy war.'..
9. Which religion supports wife beating
10. Which religion allow d marrying of 4 wives

Religious mob mentality,who told you Alfa is a muslim

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Are Muslims Truly Hoping for 72 Virgins,wine,milk and honey In Allah's Heaven? / Calling Out Elidaxziel: The Most Dishonest Christian Apologist On Nairaland / Christ Embassy Pastor Oyakhilome Suspends Nephew Pastor Daysman Oyakhilome

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.