Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,581 members, 7,809,108 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:21 PM

Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants - Career (59) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants (168504 Views)

Thread for Petroleum Engineers, Both Fresh Graduates And Experienced / Geologists And Mining Engrs: Let's Talk Here / Petroleum Engineers - Bp, Total, Exxonmobil Or Chevron? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (65) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by itoski(m): 10:54am On Nov 25, 2016
Fesvit:

For underground hydrological survey: borehole drilling.
The Abem Tarrameter SAS 1000 goes for $18000(Complete set)
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Larwin(m): 4:02pm On Nov 27, 2016
Fesvit:

For underground hydrological survey: borehole drilling.

Considering the present situation in the country, it's nt advisable bringing in terrameter from abroad.

I ve some locally fabricated ones at hand and dey work just fine. Dey go for 400k,650k.
I ve a Chinese product too wc goes for 3.3m.
You can contact me for more enquiry.
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Sasuwa(f): 9:55pm On Nov 27, 2016
how do a bsc. physics get into oil and gas
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Fesvit: 10:29pm On Nov 28, 2016
I need something like this

Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by petengine(m): 9:12pm On Dec 03, 2016
MoyoGENERAL:

Most times we don't use best design but OPTIMUM design for the specific target zones. Having said this, there are so many other factors to consider before selecting which completion strategy to employ to produce the hydrocarbon in the zones.
Cost, available technology, outcome of drilling challenges, HC properties, completion material integrity, etc. Nevertheless, I will try to analyze the 3 different scenario, state there pros and cons.

Single String: This is more or less the best option among the three, offering a more conservative measure towards field development. No much technology is required, cost-wise it's tolerable, however, in the long run, you spend more years producing from the reservoirs, thereby increasing your OPEX over the years, ultimately affecting your NPV. In term of safety, it's better too, cos of less corrosion outside the tubing and inside the casing due fluid production. Aside from all these, most times drilling is plagued with several challenges, where you have to use multiple intermediate casings, hence reducing the ultimate size of tubing to be used for completion, in a case where you've drilled in a troublesome interval( salt, high pressure, swelling shale), the allowance you may have for a tubing may not be up to 5.5 inches. Now imagine putting two 2.375 inches tubing in that with tolerance limits, it is almost impossible and unsafe. In this case the best is a single string( may be 3.5 inches) to deploy and produce the HC.

Dual string: Yes, this is good if less drilling problems were encountered while drilling impacting hole tolerance. Aside from the CaPEX of additional tubings and other surface networks, you tend to recover your HC faster meaning less OPEX in the long run. But to judge from the standpoint of economics, you will still have to consider other factors too like the amount of HC recoverable with the additional costs of the completion materials with there depreciation etc.. However from a rough quick view, this should yield more NPV for a robust reservoir. Nevertheless, the technology here is higher and complexities can abound downhole in terms of materials integrity due to tubing corrosion, more safety issues may abound especially due to pressure build up behind tubing for the reservoir at the top where HC is produced via the casing-tubing annulus, a gas flow can even be more dangerous to the wellhead.

Triple String: 3 tubings! Configuration complex than that of single and dual string. And believe me, the less complex your well, the better! Most Production Technologist will agree. I haven't seen this sha, cos it's not common due to the fact that final hole size after the drilling campaign may not allow such bearing in mind tolerance limits and opportunity to install other download equipments. The safety issue here is the fact that packer integrity will be susceptible to continual compromise, and there is high tendency of underproduction from one of the pay zone. Imagine a pay zone with a good productivity index, no near well bore damage, good permeability even in darcies, yet the maximum tubing size you can use is 2.375 inches just because you want to produce 3 at same time, when sensitivity study is indicating to you that you can increase tubing size and get more production. The key issue here will be the complex production system and difficulty during workovers( when need arises)

You know these are just brisk analysis. As a PTECH, I can choose to use a single 3.5 inches tubing and perform sensitivity analysis to see how well I'll produce in terms of well deliverability, choose an optimum flow rate at each phase during HC production in the different pay zones. This might even be better than using three 2.375 inches tubing differently yet simultaneously to produce from the 3 zones. So aside from all the cost, economics, tech, it's also the work of the P-Tech who will manage his baby all through the (well) lifecycle and see what's best for it.

For me, I'll advice you to to stick with SINGLE String. However it still depend on other factors listed here and even not listed here to ensure robust decisions are made as regard the optimum completion plan.

I hope this helps.

Shalom

Thanks a million. This was great though it came a Lil late. Thanks once again

1 Like

Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Mayorsholly(m): 7:00pm On Dec 04, 2016
Admin pls add 08023979413... A geophysicist studying at Futa
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by petengine(m): 3:54pm On Dec 11, 2016
Hello house.
Please what's the deepest and shallow oil well in Nigeria and in the world?
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 3:37pm On Dec 15, 2016
pls add 08037538589...graduate geologist
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by eusuph99: 12:54pm On Dec 17, 2016
Pls add +249920611583
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by yemionline(m): 2:23pm On Dec 17, 2016
imag5:
Strictly for Geophysicists, Geologist, Petroleum Engineers. Let's discuss the future. In terms of career development, job prospects, also we will be discussing about various oil and gas activities in Nigeria.

Anyway, let me start by introducing myself, my name is Imagwe Marcus, a graduate of geophysics. All contributions are welcome. The future belongs to those who are well prepared for it. Thanks and God bless.
Nice Thread.

1 Like

Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Larwin(m): 11:22pm On Dec 20, 2016
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by sas101(m): 10:07pm On Dec 23, 2016
Please add 07066234367
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by icjunior(m): 6:06pm On Dec 25, 2016
Good day senior colleagues and happy Christmas to all,please I'm a 300lvl geology student,SIWES I.T training commences around February 2017,I really need a place for the training,stipends/monthly salaries not overly important,though I could be better with them anyways,location could be anywhere in Nigeria,I really appreciate any help rendered,Thanks.
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Isahrelaxxer: 12:49am On Dec 29, 2016
Admin pls add 08134866004
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by McSterling(m): 1:18am On Dec 30, 2016
Ezegozie:

making 2.1 (mostly but not always above 4.0)

buy the Msc form (around 20,000)

write the aptitute test and pass.
Come for ora interview and pass.
spending the controversial #2,300,000.00 which i still find very hard to believe even if na the whole uniport i wan buy, like my friend REDBENSON said
i also heard dat you can apply for scholarships (though for those with Almighty Bsc GP probably 1st class)

that is what i am told, though i will still verify during my NYSC period, because i have been having nightmares ever since i heard 2.3 million naira inshort telling my dad about the amount is an easy way to make him laugh so loud, i may use that amount to make him laugh this December.

Gozie=Dad Happy xtmas
DAD=wish you the same my son
Gozie=Dad, i want to do my Msc in Uniport
DAD=alrite, that's very good..i heard it is a very school
Gozie=But Dad, there is a problem, the school fees is...
DAD=I told you that school fees is not the problem, i can single handedly train you even to Ph.D,, so tell me the amount.
Gozie=The school fees is 2.3million
DAD=What!!,hahahahahahahah
Gozie=why laughing Dad.
DAD=No, my Doctor told me to always laugh especially when talking with somebody that is not serious

So how did it go? Did you later go to IPS? I've had the dream of doing my MSc abroad for a while. Now I'm seriously considering IPS. Hoping to get a ptdf scholarship. Cheers.
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by tobi95: 12:39am On Jan 24, 2017
please add 08162888718
still a studying mineral and petroleum resources engineering and I need a place for I.t. plssss
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by onyehi: 8:29am On Jan 26, 2017
pls how can i prepare a location map .can someone help me with the software. 07030561951
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Mrkenz: 11:28pm On Jan 26, 2017
Good evening all, I appreciate everyone's contribution and pray same is rendered to my question. Am a recent graduate who was advised to go for a program in a maritime Institute inorder to stand a chance to work as an intern offshore, please which maritime shortcourse can I enroll for to make this possible?
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by ayoola648(m): 7:46am On Jan 30, 2017
please add me to the ưhatsapp group 08102591383

1 Like

Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by DXXMI: 5:01am On Feb 12, 2017
Fellow engineers, Pls do ANYONE has a soft copy of this book? ( or something similar)help me cos I need it now n may the good Lord we serve continue to bless you.
anteyimicheal@gmail.com

Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by DXXMI: 5:04am On Feb 12, 2017
admin Pls add 08063424086
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by gly2ken: 7:59am On Feb 12, 2017
I am a graduate of geology, but now a chartered accountant can i be added to the group
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 3:50am On Feb 17, 2017
ABU Zaria aspirant. 08060801514
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Sammypedro18(m): 3:54pm On Feb 25, 2017
Good day fellow Earth scientists. Pls can anyone here help me with research topics on petrology or geochemistry or any area except reservoir/sedimentary geology for my undergraduate seminar. Thanks as I await a good response
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 7:31pm On Feb 26, 2017
Undergraduate geologist pls add me to the group 07062466015
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Omobarca: 11:28am On Mar 01, 2017
95%
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nkysuccess(f): 2:15pm On Apr 05, 2017
Hi everyone, just stumbled on this post recently. l am a 2.1 graduate of Geology from Unizik. Am really happy to be here. Admin pls add dis number 07068003653
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Dbrain22(m): 11:52pm On Apr 14, 2017
good evening house.. geology undergraduate. plz add me to the whatsapp group 07062700940

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (65) (Reply)

Nigerian Army Recruitment List Out! / Achieving The Dream Career: My Story, My Lessons / Interview Question: 'What Time Are You Available To Start Work?'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.