Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,132 members, 7,807,436 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:28 PM

Pls Advise Which Is Best Amongst Infinity Fx35, Rav4 06/07 And Honda Crv 06/07 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Pls Advise Which Is Best Amongst Infinity Fx35, Rav4 06/07 And Honda Crv 06/07 (2009 Views)

How Reliable Is The Infinity FX35 / Choose Btw Toyota Highlander And Honda Accord / Between Honda Accord V-tech And Honda Accord Dx,ex, Lx (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Advise Which Is Best Amongst Infinity Fx35, Rav4 06/07 And Honda Crv 06/07 by Nobody: 3:10pm On Oct 09, 2013
Am prospecting to buy an SUV and have narrowed my choices down to Infinity Fx35, Rav4 06/07 and Honda Crv 06/07. However l will like to know which of them will make the best buy in terms of maintenance and general outlook after few years of use. Pls will appreciate an explicit comparison.
Re: Pls Advise Which Is Best Amongst Infinity Fx35, Rav4 06/07 And Honda Crv 06/07 by Nobody: 9:09am On Oct 14, 2013
I wonder why any soul hasn't commented on this post after so much views. I hope it is not because of wrong basis of comparison. I'm calling out to the gurus in the house, just help a brother out. Will depend on your contribution to make a decision. Thanks
Re: Pls Advise Which Is Best Amongst Infinity Fx35, Rav4 06/07 And Honda Crv 06/07 by Nobody: 11:37am On Oct 14, 2013
When people buy cars, they look out for a number of things ranging from practicality, economy, resale value, performance, reliability, durability, size, luxury and satisfaction. Well, when we look at the 3 cars you brought for analysis, based on practicality, we class them as CUV not trucks or offroad Suv because they are called softroaders. Meaning they are nothin more than glorified tall road going cars mimicing an offroad body with little or no ability to offroad. But that said, they are still a lot better for our potholes because of their relatively larger tyres and higher ground clearance. Although the infiniti FX35 is lower than the CRV and RAV4.
On performance, the FX35 is mind boggling. Sweet mother of God Its fast. 3.5L V6 awd or rwd makes if fun to drive at higher speeds because its stable and nimble and its tuned for sports.tthe RAV4 and CRV which are either fwd or awd they aren't sports they use a i4 engine.
On economy, the rav4 and crv wins here. Because they are lighter and have smaller engines with less cylinder to feed and moreso they aren't sports. The infiniti FX35 is a sports vehicle, it bears a 3.5litre 6 cylinder and its heavy. Don't expect it to be light on fuel. It is quite thirsty.
Based on size, the crv and rav4 are smaller by exterior dimensions, but the fx35 is larger by exterior dimension. Surprisingly, inside, they all can accomodate 5 people fairly comfortable, but the rear door slopes of the fx35 and the crv seam to make it carry lesser loads than the rav 4.
Durability and reliable, they are all good they are durable and reliable. But honda and toyota topped reliability index the last time I checked. But don't forget infiniti have the vq35de engine which was voted the world best engine for 10 years. Howevery the way you treat your car, will dictate how reliable it turns out to be.
luxury. We all know infiniti is a luxury division of nissan which isn't cheap. Toyota and honda are just normal cars not luxury cars but if you do your search very well, you might end up with a honda or a toyota having reasonable luxury optional extra installed.
Resale value. Many people go for toyota or honda because of our mechanics low knowledge and our fear of the unknown. But if you maintain your fx35 and you want to sell it off, trust me, people who knows the value of a luxury sports will come price at a good bargain.
Satisfaction. It all boils down to what you want in a car. Personally, I dnt care about fuel economy. I'm in for outright performance.

3 Likes

Re: Pls Advise Which Is Best Amongst Infinity Fx35, Rav4 06/07 And Honda Crv 06/07 by Nobody: 11:51am On Oct 16, 2013
@lomomike thank U for taking ur time to share ur experience. Ur points are duly noted.
Any corroborating experience or contradictory one?

(1) (Reply)

Hyundai Sonata 2015 & Nissan Altima 2015 Are They Good Cars? / . / Does It Make Sense Sending A Flashy And Expensive Car Home 4 Few Weeks Visit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.