Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,583 members, 7,809,114 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:39 PM

FFK Responds To Aviation Minister, Calls Her Market Woman,fish Wife - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FFK Responds To Aviation Minister, Calls Her Market Woman,fish Wife (2404 Views)

Missing Chibok Schoolgirl Calls Her Father / Senate Seeks Probe Of $40m Loan To Aviation Industry / Kwankwaso To Aviation Minister: Allow Airlines To Do Business In Kano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

FFK Responds To Aviation Minister, Calls Her Market Woman,fish Wife by holajhdeee(m): 5:34pm On Oct 09, 2013
FFK responds to Aviation Minister, calls her market woman, fish wife

Former minister of Aviation Femi Fani Kayode has responded to the current minister of Aviation Ms. Stella Oduah who yesterday described him as an ignorant individual, who "should hide his head in shame." after he called for her resignation following Thursday's crash...

Mrs Stella Oduah said:
"I have huge sympathy for them, the ignorant people in particular. Because when you speak out of context, when you speak under the influence of whatever it is you are under, you speak incorrectly and you mislead innocent Nigerians and that is what he has done. And he really should hide his head in shame."
Femi Fani Kayode's response below...
Stella Oduah made some comments about me today (yesterday) which were uncalled for, malicious and petty. She reportedly said that I should ''bow my head in shame'', suggested that I was ''speaking out of context'' in my essay where I called for her resignation and that I spoke under some ''influence of something or other''. My advice and counsel to her is to grow up and stop being petty. She is meant to talk like someone who befits her office and not like a market woman, a fish wife or a creature from a Parisian bordello. 
Which one be Parisian bordello again? Lol. This man sef. Please continue...

I do not like joining issues with women publiclly which is why I was very gentle with her in my essay though I made my point. But this particular woman is endangering the lives of our people with her incompetence and insensitivity and we cannot just keep quiet. This is a woman under whose watch almost 200 people have been killed as Aviation Minister and instead of focusing on how to save lives her obsession has become smearing and abusing Femi Fani-Kayode. This is a woman who only yesterday told Nigerians that ''accidents are inevitable'' and that they were ''acts of God''. This is a woman who thinks more about how her headscarf looks, her jewellry and the jewellry of others more than she does about protecting Nigerian air travellers

If anyone should bury her head in shame it is her and not me. After just under 200 of our fellow citizens have been killed under her watch instead of abusing her critics and those of us that have expressed our concern and offered our advise she should be seeking repentance from God and tendering her resignation. She should be attempting to encourage the Nigerian people and assuage their fears rather than indulging in petty and cheap sideshots  and an futile press war. Instead of comforting the families of those that were lost she is opening her mouth and abusing me.  What a shame. Under her tenure we have beautiful terminals but deadly and blood soaked skies. Our skies have become a death trap because she really doesn't care.

My advice to her is to shut up, get serious and focus on doing her job rather than attempting to smear me with her filthy lies and malicious innuendos. I raised some serious issues in that essay that were clearly above her education level and I avoided personal insults. That is what civilsed people do. She should learn from that and address the issues that were raised rather than spend her time trying to kill the messanger. When someone says that God is the author of fatal crashes you know that it is not the same God that we worship as that person. It is the devil that causes accidents and kills people and not God. You can say that a fatal accident is an act of God only if the devil is your god. When I speak and write I am under the influence of one thing and one thing alone- the Spirit of the Living God who sees through her and who knows her for what she is.

She is the one that is under the influence of one thing or the other and not me. She is the one whose hands are filled with blood. She is the one that must bury her head in shame and no-one else. I will pray for her because she needs it and I will pray for Nigeria to. May God deliver us from this vampire Minister.  

http://lindaikeji.mobi/output.php?postid=2346589856411442540&date=2013-10-09%2011:26:47
Re: FFK Responds To Aviation Minister, Calls Her Market Woman,fish Wife by Utchgirl(f): 5:56pm On Oct 09, 2013
kosi wahala.....mo ti gbo
Re: FFK Responds To Aviation Minister, Calls Her Market Woman,fish Wife by bushwailo: 6:02pm On Oct 09, 2013
FFK, the musiwa of Nigerian politics grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: FFK Responds To Aviation Minister, Calls Her Market Woman,fish Wife by masu: 6:08pm On Oct 09, 2013
this is one thing I hate about yorubas.
they like to exchange words.

comon that is no right way to life
Re: FFK Responds To Aviation Minister, Calls Her Market Woman,fish Wife by mascot87(m): 6:42pm On Oct 09, 2013
masu: this is one thing I hate about yorubas.

And how does hating Yorubas change Yorubas from being Yorubas?I don't care the tribe you come from but what I know is that all human beings cannot be thesame black or white so shut up your mouth and get out of here.If you quote me, then you are not different from FFK and you would also be hated by others for exchanging words.clown angry

9 Likes

Re: FFK Responds To Aviation Minister, Calls Her Market Woman,fish Wife by agbameta: 6:46pm On Oct 09, 2013
You just got to love FFK.

Imagine a federal minister and public official running her mouth like a damn market woman in the public place while the country is still mourning the victims of her negligence, incompetence, ignorance and callous and incentive utterances.

Why we deserve these worthless civil servants beats me...

3 Likes

Re: FFK Responds To Aviation Minister, Calls Her Market Woman,fish Wife by agbameta: 6:47pm On Oct 09, 2013

I keep saying, tribal worries is the begging and end of everything with your people..
Re: FFK Responds To Aviation Minister, Calls Her Market Woman,fish Wife by Nobody: 7:27pm On Oct 09, 2013
Is it not really a shame that a former aviation minister does not understand the meaning of the phrase "act of God" in safety and accident lingo.
For him to be relating this same term, which I learnt of in my Junior Secondary School Health and Physical Education, as a battle between Devil and God on who causes accidents is really laughable, some sort of unbelievable comedy on ignorance! Did he really manage Nigerian Aviation Ministry. I am beginning to believe that Mr Femi Kayode is addicted to something for sure.

In case you want to know, the term "Act of God" as used to describe accidents does not have any reference to GOD or the devil. It simply refers to the fact that there are no Guarantees against accident.
Even if a plane was fully certified or fortified, the risk of accidents can never be totally eradicated.
The phrase was not manufactured by the Aviation Minister, nor is she the first to use it.

1 Like

Re: FFK Responds To Aviation Minister, Calls Her Market Woman,fish Wife by agbameta: 8:34pm On Oct 09, 2013
KenGali: Is it not really a shame that a former aviation minister does not understand the meaning of the phrase "act of God" in safety and accident lingo.
For him to be relating this same term, which I learnt of in my Junior Secondary School Health and Physical Education, as a battle between Devil and God on who causes accidents is really laughable, some sort of unbelievable comedy on ignorance! Did he really manage Nigerian Aviation Ministry. I am beginning to believe that Mr Femi Kayode is addicted to something for sure.

In case you want to know, the term "Act of God" as used to describe accidents does not have any reference to GOD or the devil. It simply refers to the fact that there are no Guarantees against accident.
Even if a plane was fully certified or fortified, the risk of accidents can never be totally eradicated.
The phrase was not manufactured by the Aviation Minister, nor is she the first to use it.

How do you reconcile both colors?

Fully fortified plane = Everything is checked and ok with the plane from top to bottom so no accident is expected structurally and humanly down to the engine. So where is this act of God accident?

You mean Natural disaster that has nothing to do with human error since the human side of the plane was taken care of?

This accident didn't happen because of Natural disaster so it's not an act of God/Natural disaster, it happened because of human error, the plane wasn't properly maintained, checked and inspected and the government folks like the minister that we pay to make sure the plane was airworthy didn't do her job.

MAIN OBJECTIVE

It is the responsibility of the Airworthiness Directorate to ensure that all aircraft in Nigeria are airworthy

DAWS also inspects and certifies aircraft according to established procedures proposes, reviews and approves designs, repairs and modifications ensures that safety requirements are complied with and, where deficiencies are identifie corrective measures are taken through letters, fines, suspension of certificates supervises the whole aviation industry in order to align it with global aviation trends and propose corrective measures to ensure air safety

Functions

For a better oversight of all aircraft in the Nigerian airspace, the Directorate has employed, trainined and put to service additional Safety Inspectors. This has greatly enhanced the Directorate's ability to handle both maintenance and core engineering surveillance within the aviation industry.
In addition, DAWS conducts safety audit and inspections of all aircraft operators in the country and notifies individual airlines of relevant findings for their corrective action.

NCAA/Directorate of Airworthiness Standards DAWS

From the above well stated laws and job description mandating our own government agencies to make sure that the planes in our airspace are airworthy, there is no wiggle room to excuse any of them including the minister from accountability.

This is her job and she failed, blaming her own negligence and incompetence on GOD was insulting and shitting on our intelligence.

We have rules in place to make sure accidents are prevented, but the people we pay to uphold and enforce our aviation laws are not doing their job.

2 Likes

Re: FFK Responds To Aviation Minister, Calls Her Market Woman,fish Wife by Nobody: 8:39pm On Oct 09, 2013
Eko Ile taking Olodos to school for free since 1864. grin
Re: FFK Responds To Aviation Minister, Calls Her Market Woman,fish Wife by bloggernaija: 8:45pm On Oct 09, 2013
Nigeria is such an absurd country.
Fani kayode, for all his flaws, is doing what the press and citizens are suppose to be doing.
Asking the serious questions about issues.
I also have this problem with this GEJ regime.
They do not know about how to dignify themselves when serious questions are being asked.
The most shameful part is that many of their insulting partisan answers originate from the presidency(which is suppose to be above the fray) rather than the party.
Fani kayode is a private citizen even if he is a partisan one.
He has the right/responsibility to ask questions.
The manner does not matter.
The political appointees,the elected and civili servants should respond with the dignity and civility that their offices demand,but if they can't ,should keep quiet
Re: FFK Responds To Aviation Minister, Calls Her Market Woman,fish Wife by Haywhymido(m): 8:48pm On Oct 09, 2013

thumbs up ffk. U killed it. U only said d truth jaree. Abeg bash dis ^i.d.i.o.t too.

1 Like

Re: FFK Responds To Aviation Minister, Calls Her Market Woman,fish Wife by donphilopus: 9:21pm On Oct 09, 2013
That's why I trust FFK
Re: FFK Responds To Aviation Minister, Calls Her Market Woman,fish Wife by Nobody: 11:19pm On Oct 09, 2013
How did OBJ appoint this guy a minister?
Re: FFK Responds To Aviation Minister, Calls Her Market Woman,fish Wife by Nobody: 12:19pm On Oct 10, 2013
Laughing at your poor attempt at professionalism.
So can you please tell me the person that gave you access to the crashed planes black box and maintenance records to determine that the crash was caused by human error.

Obviously your argument is very different from that of Kayode, his preoccupation is the fight between God and Devil on who causes accidents. That am sure is a comedy even to you. LOL

So in your mind, it is possible to fully fortify an airplane against failure, and the only thing else that can cause a plane to fail is a Natural disaster. LOL no wonder you guys could not understand the minister.

agbameta:

How do you reconcile both colors?

Fully fortified plane = Everything is checked and ok with the plane from top to bottom so no accident is expected structurally and humanly down to the engine. So where is this act of God accident?

You mean Natural disaster that has nothing to do with human error since the human side of the plane was taken care of?

This accident didn't happen because of Natural disaster so it's not an act of God/Natural disaster, it happened because of human error, the plane wasn't properly maintained, checked and inspected and the government folks like the minister that we pay to make sure the plane was airworthy didn't do her job.

MAIN OBJECTIVE

It is the responsibility of the Airworthiness Directorate to ensure that all aircraft in Nigeria are airworthy

DAWS also inspects and certifies aircraft according to established procedures proposes, reviews and approves designs, repairs and modifications ensures that safety requirements are complied with and, where deficiencies are identifie corrective measures are taken through letters, fines, suspension of certificates supervises the whole aviation industry in order to align it with global aviation trends and propose corrective measures to ensure air safety

Functions

For a better oversight of all aircraft in the Nigerian airspace, the Directorate has employed, trainined and put to service additional Safety Inspectors. This has greatly enhanced the Directorate's ability to handle both maintenance and core engineering surveillance within the aviation industry.
In addition, DAWS conducts safety audit and inspections of all aircraft operators in the country and notifies individual airlines of relevant findings for their corrective action.

NCAA/Directorate of Airworthiness Standards DAWS

From the above well stated laws and job description mandating our own government agencies to make sure that the planes in our airspace are airworthy, there is no wiggle room to excuse any of them including the minister from accountability.

This is her job and she failed, blaming her own negligence and incompetence on GOD was insulting and shitting on our intelligence.

We have rules in place to make sure accidents are prevented, but the people we pay to uphold and enforce our aviation laws are not doing their job.

Re: FFK Responds To Aviation Minister, Calls Her Market Woman,fish Wife by agbameta: 12:58pm On Oct 10, 2013
KenGali:

So in your mind, it is possible to fully fortify an airplane against failure, and the only thing else that can cause a plane to fail is a Natural disaster. LOL no wonder you guys could not understand the minister.

So>>>>

Fully fortify plane didn't cause the accident.

Natural disaster didn't cause the accident

What exactly caused the accident? Is it Babalawo or God reached down from heaven and smacked the plane down back to the ground?

The minister must be on some out of this world metaphysical planet and awareness..

Look you dullard, the plane wasn't fit to fly and the folks we pay to make sure such planes don't enter our airspace failed and let that plane fly.
Re: FFK Responds To Aviation Minister, Calls Her Market Woman,fish Wife by bloggernaija: 10:39pm On Oct 10, 2013
Re: FFK Responds To Aviation Minister, Calls Her Market Woman,fish Wife by Italiano1: 10:58pm On Oct 10, 2013
bloggernaija:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4R6_lb_gOE

Intelligent Man a lot of people love to hate!!

God bless FFK!!!

2 Likes

Re: FFK Responds To Aviation Minister, Calls Her Market Woman,fish Wife by Nobody: 11:21pm On Oct 10, 2013
^^^The man is very eloquent, highly intelligent and supremely articulate. He's definitely way above GEJ and everyone in his cabinet, including Ngozi Pig-faced Iweala the World Bank economic hit-woman. I still don't know why Nigerians don't rate him. Perhaps, it's because he talks too much.

3 Likes

Re: FFK Responds To Aviation Minister, Calls Her Market Woman,fish Wife by zomby(m): 3:20pm On Oct 11, 2013
Articulate is not what we need in Nigeria.

I'm not here trying to defend princess, in fact, I think stepping down is what is right for her to do at this point. It is clearly obvious that she is not competent enough to maintain this very important position.
I still believe that the best entity for this position would be a first class former air force or a top level former pilot or an engineer.

That being said, we should not forget that Fani Kayode is not better than any other Nigerian politician. He stole money just like any other top government officials and did not do much during his time.

I can still remember meeting this joker in New York City 2006 and can never forget how he was spending our money like water. He was one of Obasanjo's boy boy and he fully took advantage of his position (really, to fill up his pocket with money that did not belong to him).

Though, he has the rights to speak his mind, but he also needs to slow down and look in the mirror before he starts calling out others.

Fani Kayode is nobody, but a spoiled brat who hasn't done much for this country.

Without any doubt, Princess needs to step down asap, Fani Kayode needs to get himself a real job and stop acting like a pregnant ch1ck
Re: FFK Responds To Aviation Minister, Calls Her Market Woman,fish Wife by passion007: 4:06pm On Oct 11, 2013
This Kayode man is as cantankerous and grumpy as a woman on hormone replacement.

He must always have the last word.

Apparently, his former wives had to leave the whiny, annoying man. Who wouldn't?
Neediness and bitchiness are qualities considered off-putting in a man.
His third wife must be from a planet where grumpy men are thought to be se.xually attractive... Quee.r thing, Kayode.

1 Like

Re: FFK Responds To Aviation Minister, Calls Her Market Woman,fish Wife by zomby(m): 5:04pm On Oct 11, 2013
Duke disagrees with Oduah, says aviation reform a must

• Fani-Kayode challenges minister to debate
NNAH DOUGLAS & Peter Dada

The Minister of Culture and Tourism, Edem Duke, has called for a thorough reform in the aviation industry in order to make it safer for travellers.
Duke stated this in Akure, the Ondo State capital, yesterday while speaking with journalists shortly after paying a condolence visit to the former Minister of Finance, Chief Olu Falae, who lost his son, Barrister Deji Falae, who was the former Commissioner for Culture and Tourism in the state, in the last Thursday’s air crash.
He said: “I think we must continue to work to improve the industry, we must continue to improve our consciousness to safety, we must continue to improve even our processes in a delicate industry like aviation; as you know, technology is a mysterious asset in the hands of man.
“It is our hope that the desire of the leadership of this country would continue to transform various sectors to improve services and give value for money. Occurrence of this nature is what we will not be seeing in this country any longer.”
Duke, who led the Federal Government delegation, delivered President Goodluck Jonathan’s message, saying, “ we share the grief of the Falae’s family, the Governor of Ondo State and, indeed, the entire people of the state, because this loss may be closer to the people of Ondo State, but it is also a loss to the entire country.
“When you see, you will understand that there are other families that also recorded losses in this tragic incident; indeed, it is a very dark chapter for all of us in this country.”
On the way forward in the aviation industry, Duke however, charged Nigerians not to put blame on anybody on the situation of things in the industry, but rather join hands in finding solution to the problems of the sector.
“ I think that rather than dissipate energy in sharing blames, we must task ourselves and task the industry to continue the possibilities and the opportunities to improve on the qualities of service,” he charged.
The minister, who was accompanied by the Minister for Communications and Technology, Mrs Omobola Johnson, and Director General, Technical Aids Corps, Dr Pius Osunyikanmi, prayed to God to grant the family the fortitude to bear the loss of their loved one, saying Deji’s death is a monumental loss to the state and the entire Nigeria.
In his response, the elder brother of the deceased, Mr Dapo Falae, thanked President Jonathan for the condolence message to the family, recalling that his younger brother was a pride of the family.
But the former Minister of Aviation, Mr Femi Fani-Kayode, yesterday challenged the incumbent Minister of Aviation, Princess Stella Oduah, to a debate if she has any reservation on anything he might have said on the state of the nation’s aviation industry.
Fani-Kayode threw the challenge at the minister in a live interview on Channels Television in Abuja. The stance was the continuation of war of words going on between the duo, over what he described as frequent air mishaps which culminated into the death of scores of people in the past few years.
According to him, “I am prepared to have a one-on -one debate with the Minister of Aviation; not her aides, not her associates, if she has any reservations about anything that I have said to her.”
The former minister maintained that some of the strides currently made in the sector were kickstarted by him while in office. “When I came into office, it is unbelievable that Nigeria had no radar system since 1979, we used Ghanaian radar for people to fly into Lagos and other parts of the country and on assumption, the first thing we did was to set up a 79 radar to cover the Lagos area. I resurrected the Tracon programme, funded it and the president approved it and now we have a full radar coverage in this country. By the time the next administration came in, they commissioned it, we started it.”
He also said there are many hidden facts in the aviation sector unknown to the public, but noted that the present administration was building up on the foundation that was laid by him, adding that he would not shy away from criticizing the Ministry of Aviation whenever it is going wrong.
“Having said that, I don’t want to make life difficult for her; we should support and encourage her, but where I believe she is getting it wrong, we need to be able to criticize effectively to protect the lives of our people; they deserve that much.”
Speaking further he explained that prior to his assumption of office as minister of aviation, air crash was on the increase in the country. But when he stepped in, he said strict measures were put in place to forestall it, and also attributed it to hard work and prayers.”
Re: FFK Responds To Aviation Minister, Calls Her Market Woman,fish Wife by Nobody: 6:37pm On Oct 11, 2013
agbameta:

So>>>>

Fully fortify plane didn't cause the accident.

Natural disaster didn't cause the accident

What exactly caused the accident? Is it Babalawo or God reached down from heaven and smacked the plane down back to the ground?

The minister must be on some out of this world metaphysical planet and awareness..

Look you dullard, the plane wasn't fit to fly and the folks we pay to make sure such planes don't enter our airspace failed and let that plane fly.

Well Mr Smart - who can fully fortify a plane against crashes - How did you know that the plane was not fit to fly - or in your rather small and incapacitated mind every plane that falls out of the sky was not fit to fly.
Stop your petty peddles - perfectly functional airplane can develop fault while in operation. The is called "reliability"- a major design consideration in Engineering, also pioneered by the aviation industry. One can never have a 100% reliability measure. That is apart from all the other things that could go wrong with the pilots biological system, the air medium which could develop interfering vortices that are not necessarily natural disasters. Before we talk of your famous human error.
So shut up and stop spreading your petty mind set online.
Re: FFK Responds To Aviation Minister, Calls Her Market Woman,fish Wife by Nobody: 6:41pm On Oct 11, 2013
zomby: Duke disagrees with Oduah, says aviation reform a must
. . . but noted that the present administration was building up on the foundation that was laid by him, adding that he would not shy away from criticizing the Ministry of Aviation whenever it is going wrong.
“Having said that, I don’t want to make life difficult for her; we should support and encourage her, but where I believe she is getting it wrong, we need to be able to criticize effectively to protect the lives of our people; they deserve that much.”
Speaking further he explained that prior to his assumption of office as minister of aviation, air crash was on the increase in the country. But when he stepped in, he said strict measures were put in place to forestall it, and also attributed it to hard work and prayers.”

I wonder why it is rather not new that every political thief goes around laying foundations but building absolutely nothing. The write up is only for the most gullible.
Re: FFK Responds To Aviation Minister, Calls Her Market Woman,fish Wife by Nobody: 7:18pm On Oct 11, 2013
KenGali:

Well Mr Smart - who can fully fortify a plane against crashes - How did you know that the plane was not fit to fly - or in your rather small and incapacitated mind every plane that falls out of the sky was not fit to fly.
Stop your petty peddles - perfectly functional airplane can develop fault while in operation. The is called "reliability"- a major design consideration in Engineering, also pioneered by the aviation industry. One can never have a 100% reliability measure. That is apart from all the other things that could go wrong with the pilots biological system, the air medium which could develop interfering vortices that are not necessarily natural disasters. Before we talk of your famous human error.
So shut up and stop spreading your petty mind set online.

Ogbeni, you are more off-point as off-point itself !!

All because you want to defend your woman's enormous lack of responsibility, you end up coming up with sh*its like this.

Tell me something,
Frequent crashes are things that you cant avoid or deal with since its something out of the blue right?......

DUDE, i wont argue further than this. ...but im sorry to tell you a 6 yr old will look at your disposition BEFORE laughing at your display at him !!! grin grin grin
Re: FFK Responds To Aviation Minister, Calls Her Market Woman,fish Wife by 0monnakoda: 7:52pm On Oct 11, 2013
zomby: Articulate is not what we need in Nigeria.

I'm not here trying to defend princess, in fact, I think stepping down is what is right for her to do at this point. It is clearly obvious that she is not competent enough to maintain this very important position.
I still believe that the best entity for this position would be a first class former air force or a top level former pilot or an engineer.

That being said, we should not forget that Fani Kayode is not better than any other Nigerian politician. He stole money just like any other top government officials and did not do much during his time.

I can still remember meeting this joker in New York City 2006 and can never forget how he was spending our money like water. He was one of Obasanjo's boy boy and he fully took advantage of his position (really, to fill up his pocket with money that did not belong to him).

Though, he has the rights to speak his mind, but he also needs to slow down and look in the mirror before he starts calling out others.

Fani Kayode is nobody, but a spoiled brat who hasn't done much for this country.

Without any doubt, Princess needs to step down asap, Fani Kayode needs to get himself a real job and stop acting like a pregnant ch1ck
What is the basis for this idea that a pilot,engineer or airfoce officer is the "best" for this position. Is this guesswork or just "commoc sense" or is there any evidence basis?

What is more important is competent civil servants the Minister may have studied history or medicine that is not the issue one can still gain experience in aviation without being a pilot
The Most senior politician in Aviation in the US is a lawyer
Re: FFK Responds To Aviation Minister, Calls Her Market Woman,fish Wife by zomby(m): 8:50pm On Oct 11, 2013
OMONNAKODA:

Kindly check out real people, leaders with backbones:

Examples of experienced Aviation personnel:

1. Mark Bathrick, Associate Director

Mark L. Bathrick was appointed to the Senior Executive Service and became Director of the Office of Aviation Services (OAS) in the Department of the Interior (DOI) on November, 1, 2005. OAS is responsible for the safe, efficient, and economical operation of aircraft activities in support of all DOI organizations and, through individual agreements, to other federal and state entities.

Prior to joining the Department of the Interior, Mr. Bathrick completed a distinguished career with the United States Navy, retiring as a Captain. A decorated Naval Aviator and Test Pilot, Mr. Bathrick logged over 3,700 flight hours and more than 800 arrested landings aboard ten different aircraft carriers during numerous overseas deployments. A graduate of the prestigious Navy Fighter Weapons School (TOPGUN) and the British Empire Test Pilots’ School, he has flown over 40 different types of military and civilian fixed wing, rotary wing, and lighter-than-air aircraft, having qualified as pilot-in-command in 12 different models. Mr. Bathrick is a member of the Society of Experimental Test Pilots and holds an FAA commercial instrument, multi-engine pilot rating.

In Navy staff assignments ashore, Mr. Bathrick served in financial management and aviation acquisition positions with the Naval Air Systems Command, the Chief of Naval Operations and the Joint Chiefs of Staff, receiving subspecialty designations in financial management and test and evaluation. While serving in the Pentagon, he was responsible for programming the Navy’s $4.0B weapons budget.

Mr. Bathrick’s prior executive leadership experience includes command of a carrier-based F-14 TOMCAT squadron, Chief Test Pilot and commander of a Navy flight test squadron comprised of both manned aircraft and unmanned aerial systems (UAS), and commander of the Naval Air Engineering Station at Lakehurst, NJ, a major Department of Defense acquisition, test, and training installation with 3,500 employees. As commander of the 7,400 acre Lakehurst facility in the Pinelands National Reserve, Mr. Bathrick accomplished all mission objectives while deftly managing a range of sensitive natural and cultural resources, environmental, land management, endangered species, and political issues.

Through his visionary customer and business focused leadership, Mr. Bathrick and the many organizations he has stewarded have received numerous service level and national awards including the Commander-in-Chief Installation Excellence Award, Naval Air Warfare Center Equal Employment Opportunity Leadership Award, Secretary of the Navy Achievement in Safety Award, Navy Meritorious Unit Commendations, Chief of Naval Operations Environmental Award, White House Closing the Circle Environmental Award, New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection Leadership Award, and the Dale Carnegie Leadership Award (first ever award to an executive in the public sector).

Since joining the Department of the Interior, Mr. Bathrick has led OAS to numerous national level and industry recognitions including: Federal Aviation Program Gold Standard certification (2007-2012), 2008 Federal Aviation Program of the Year (Small Category), and ISO 9001-2008 quality registration (2008-2012). In January, 2010, Mr. Bathrick was personally recognized with a Department of the Interior Honor Award for Meritorious Service for his collaborative efforts to develop innovative aviation policy solutions to support critical bureau missions.

Mr. Bathrick earned a B.S. degree in Aerospace Engineering from the United States Naval Academy and is a member of the Naval Academy Engineering Honor Society and the National Engineering Honor Society, Tau Beta Pi.

2. Elwood Richard Quesada
3. William F. McKee
4. John H. Shaffer
5. T. Allan McArtor
6. Randy Babbitt
7. Michael Huerta

Please take your time and check out the profiles of these individuals, I'm sure that you will completely understand why over 80,000 flights are in the air each and every day in United State with very close to Zero issues.

I doubt it if the total number of daily flights in Nigeria is more than 500.

OFFICE OF AVIATION SERVICES MISSION STATEMENT

The Office Aviation Services (formerly the NBC-Aviation Management Directorate (AMD)) was established by the Secretary of the Interior on July 1, 1973 to "Raise the safety standards, increase the efficiency, and promote the economical operation of aircraft activities in the Department of the Interior." In this capacity, OAS serves both the Secretary and the nine DOI bureaus as primary customers. Leveraging its resident wealth of Office of Aviation Services experience and expertise and in keeping with the Departmental management excellence initiatives and the President’s Management Agenda, OAS also serves the aviation needs of numerous other Federal agencies. OAS’s mission is to provide our customers with higher quality (Better), more cost-wise (Cheaper) aviation services at lower cycle times (Faster) that result in increased operational performance and fewer losses (Safer) than any one of them can provide for themselves. A component of the DOI Office of the Secretary (OS), OAS is led by a Director who reports to the Deputy Assistant Secretary for Public Safety, Resource Protection and Emergency Services (PRE).
FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:

OAS is responsible for Department-wide functions related to aircraft services and facilities. Aviation safety is a primary consideration for all actions.
Functions and responsibilities include:

Development and implementation of Department-wide aviation safety and aircraft accident prevention programs.
Maintain Bureau aviation program oversight to provide quality assurance, measure efficiency and effectiveness, and to assure that standards are in place which enhance personnel safety.
Establishment and management of Department-wide aircraft accident/incident and aviation hazard reporting systems.
Ownership and management of Department of the Interior (DOI) fleet aircraft. Assigning DOI fleet aircraft and/or OS-OAS personnel to bureaus as requested to support bureau programs.
Procuring DOI-owned aircraft, commercial aviation services, and other aviation-related services in support of bureau programs.
Assisting bureaus in determining whether aircraft should be Government owned, leased, contracted, or chartered.
Coordinating aircraft use in such a manner as to obtain the best utilization of existing equipment, consistent with Department-wide mission requirements.
Establishing and maintaining standards governing operational procedures, aircraft maintenance, aircrew qualifications and proficiency, and maintenance personnel qualifications.
Developing and implementing an aviation user-training program to meet Department-wide and specific bureau needs.
Inspecting and monitoring aircraft operations to assure those standards are being met.
Prescribing the procedures for justification, budgeting and management of the financial aspects of aircraft owned and/or operated by the Department.
Furnishing technical assistance for specialized aviation problems.
In cooperation with the National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB), investigating all aircraft mishaps occurring in Departmental aviation operations and representing the Department on all aircraft accident investigations where DOI has involvement as specified by the OS-OAS Director.
Organizing, implementing and chairing a Department-wide airspace committee to assist the bureaus through sharing of airspace information on common concern and seeking solutions to common airspace problems at the Departmental level.
Facilitating and participating with the DOI Aviation Executives.
Re: FFK Responds To Aviation Minister, Calls Her Market Woman,fish Wife by zomby(m): 9:00pm On Oct 11, 2013
OMONNAKODA:

It doesn't matter where on this planet, anything Aviation is a serious business.
This is why you can't just position any market woman or fish seller to lead this very important sector.

It is not a business as usual spot; No shortcut, no excuse and no hair dresser allowed. We need an entity with the most profound experience in this field.

In fact, Fani Kayode too wasn't qualified to lead this sector. He simply got the spot only because of Daddy's name and jolly relationship with Obasanjo.
I can also bet on all that I have, princess knows absolutely nothing about aircraft or SAFECOM.
Now, How do you expect this lady to give us the best? You simply can not give what you do not have.

Until Nigerians are ready to set aside politics, corruption, differences and focus more on addressing important issues from the root, nothing in this country will work appropriately.
Re: FFK Responds To Aviation Minister, Calls Her Market Woman,fish Wife by zomby(m): 9:02pm On Oct 11, 2013
We do not need another plane crash to clearly understand that its time for princess Aviation Minister to move on and allow a knowledgeable Nigerian to take us to where we deserve to be
Re: FFK Responds To Aviation Minister, Calls Her Market Woman,fish Wife by 0monnakoda: 7:12am On Oct 12, 2013
What does this book you have written have to do with the point I raised

I said that the most important people are the civil servants in a ministry? Any Ministry. Those are professional not Ministers
The minister is a politician and does not need to be an aviation professional just like the Defence minister does not need to be a soldier. In the US now, aviation is UNDER the transport Department(Ministry) and has an [b]Assistant Secretary who is A LAWYER.[/b] This is like a junior minister because aviation does not have its own Secretary(Minister)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_B._Steinberg

Mark Bathrick is NOT a Minister. The equivalent of the Nigerian Aviation Minister is Mr Steinberg

We have bodies like FAAN and NCAA and the Director Generall of NCAA in Nigeria is Captain Fola Akinkuotu
http://www.ncaa.gov.ng/Public/ncaa/aboutncaa.aspx
Does all the verbiage you have written refute that. Is the Office of Aviation Services (OAS) in the Department of the Interior (DOI) the EQUIVALENT of the Aviation ministry in Nigeria
zomby: OMONNAKODA:

Kindly check out real people, leaders with backbones:

Examples of experienced Aviation personnel:

1. Mark Bathrick, Associate Director

Mark L. Bathrick was appointed to the Senior Executive Service and became Director of the Office of Aviation Services (OAS) in the Department of the Interior (DOI) on November, 1, 2005. OAS is responsible for the safe, efficient, and economical operation of aircraft activities in support of all DOI organizations and, through individual agreements, to other federal and state entities.

Prior to joining the Department of the Interior, Mr. Bathrick completed a distinguished career with the United States Navy, retiring as a Captain. A decorated Naval Aviator and Test Pilot, Mr. Bathrick logged over 3,700 flight hours and more than 800 arrested landings aboard ten different aircraft carriers during numerous overseas deployments. A graduate of the prestigious Navy Fighter Weapons School (TOPGUN) and the British Empire Test Pilots’ School, he has flown over 40 different types of military and civilian fixed wing, rotary wing, and lighter-than-air aircraft, having qualified as pilot-in-command in 12 different models. Mr. Bathrick is a member of the Society of Experimental Test Pilots and holds an FAA commercial instrument, multi-engine pilot rating.

In Navy staff assignments ashore, Mr. Bathrick served in financial management and aviation acquisition positions with the Naval Air Systems Command, the Chief of Naval Operations and the Joint Chiefs of Staff, receiving subspecialty designations in financial management and test and evaluation. While serving in the Pentagon, he was responsible for programming the Navy’s $4.0B weapons budget.

Mr. Bathrick’s prior executive leadership experience includes command of a carrier-based F-14 TOMCAT squadron, Chief Test Pilot and commander of a Navy flight test squadron comprised of both manned aircraft and unmanned aerial systems (UAS), and commander of the Naval Air Engineering Station at Lakehurst, NJ, a major Department of Defense acquisition, test, and training installation with 3,500 employees. As commander of the 7,400 acre Lakehurst facility in the Pinelands National Reserve, Mr. Bathrick accomplished all mission objectives while deftly managing a range of sensitive natural and cultural resources, environmental, land management, endangered species, and political issues.

Through his visionary customer and business focused leadership, Mr. Bathrick and the many organizations he has stewarded have received numerous service level and national awards including the Commander-in-Chief Installation Excellence Award, Naval Air Warfare Center Equal Employment Opportunity Leadership Award, Secretary of the Navy Achievement in Safety Award, Navy Meritorious Unit Commendations, Chief of Naval Operations Environmental Award, White House Closing the Circle Environmental Award, New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection Leadership Award, and the Dale Carnegie Leadership Award (first ever award to an executive in the public sector).

Since joining the Department of the Interior, Mr. Bathrick has led OAS to numerous national level and industry recognitions including: Federal Aviation Program Gold Standard certification (2007-2012), 2008 Federal Aviation Program of the Year (Small Category), and ISO 9001-2008 quality registration (2008-2012). In January, 2010, Mr. Bathrick was personally recognized with a Department of the Interior Honor Award for Meritorious Service for his collaborative efforts to develop innovative aviation policy solutions to support critical bureau missions.

Mr. Bathrick earned a B.S. degree in Aerospace Engineering from the United States Naval Academy and is a member of the Naval Academy Engineering Honor Society and the National Engineering Honor Society, Tau Beta Pi.

2. Elwood Richard Quesada
3. William F. McKee
4. John H. Shaffer
5. T. Allan McArtor
6. Randy Babbitt
7. Michael Huerta

Please take your time and check out the profiles of these individuals, I'm sure that you will completely understand why over 80,000 flights are in the air each and every day in United State with very close to Zero issues.

I doubt it if the total number of daily flights in Nigeria is more than 500.

OFFICE OF AVIATION SERVICES MISSION STATEMENT

The Office Aviation Services (formerly the NBC-Aviation Management Directorate (AMD)) was established by the Secretary of the Interior on July 1, 1973 to "Raise the safety standards, increase the efficiency, and promote the economical operation of aircraft activities in the Department of the Interior." In this capacity, OAS serves both the Secretary and the nine DOI bureaus as primary customers. Leveraging its resident wealth of Office of Aviation Services experience and expertise and in keeping with the Departmental management excellence initiatives and the President’s Management Agenda, OAS also serves the aviation needs of numerous other Federal agencies. OAS’s mission is to provide our customers with higher quality (Better), more cost-wise (Cheaper) aviation services at lower cycle times (Faster) that result in increased operational performance and fewer losses (Safer) than any one of them can provide for themselves. A component of the DOI Office of the Secretary (OS), OAS is led by a Director who reports to the Deputy Assistant Secretary for Public Safety, Resource Protection and Emergency Services (PRE).
FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:

OAS is responsible for Department-wide functions related to aircraft services and facilities. Aviation safety is a primary consideration for all actions.
Functions and responsibilities include:

Development and implementation of Department-wide aviation safety and aircraft accident prevention programs.
Maintain Bureau aviation program oversight to provide quality assurance, measure efficiency and effectiveness, and to assure that standards are in place which enhance personnel safety.
Establishment and management of Department-wide aircraft accident/incident and aviation hazard reporting systems.
Ownership and management of Department of the Interior (DOI) fleet aircraft. Assigning DOI fleet aircraft and/or OS-OAS personnel to bureaus as requested to support bureau programs.
Procuring DOI-owned aircraft, commercial aviation services, and other aviation-related services in support of bureau programs.
Assisting bureaus in determining whether aircraft should be Government owned, leased, contracted, or chartered.
Coordinating aircraft use in such a manner as to obtain the best utilization of existing equipment, consistent with Department-wide mission requirements.
Establishing and maintaining standards governing operational procedures, aircraft maintenance, aircrew qualifications and proficiency, and maintenance personnel qualifications.
Developing and implementing an aviation user-training program to meet Department-wide and specific bureau needs.
Inspecting and monitoring aircraft operations to assure those standards are being met.
Prescribing the procedures for justification, budgeting and management of the financial aspects of aircraft owned and/or operated by the Department.
Furnishing technical assistance for specialized aviation problems.
In cooperation with the National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB), investigating all aircraft mishaps occurring in Departmental aviation operations and representing the Department on all aircraft accident investigations where DOI has involvement as specified by the OS-OAS Director.
Organizing, implementing and chairing a Department-wide airspace committee to assist the bureaus through sharing of airspace information on common concern and seeking solutions to common airspace problems at the Departmental level.
Facilitating and participating with the DOI Aviation Executives.
Re: FFK Responds To Aviation Minister, Calls Her Market Woman,fish Wife by 0monnakoda: 7:22am On Oct 12, 2013
zomby: OMONNAKODA:

It doesn't matter where on this planet, anything Aviation is a serious business.
This is why you can't just position any market woman or fish seller to lead this very important sector.

It is not a business as usual spot; No shortcut, no excuse and no hair dresser allowed. We need an entity with the most profound experience in this field.

In fact, Fani Kayode too wasn't qualified to lead this sector. He simply got the spot only because of Daddy's name and jolly relationship with Obasanjo.
I can also bet on all that I have, princess knows absolutely nothing about aircraft or SAFECOM.
Now, How do you expect this lady to give us the best? You simply can not give what you do not have.

Until Nigerians are ready to set aside politics, corruption, differences and focus more on addressing important issues from the root, nothing in this country will work appropriately.
I do not know whether Fani or Oduah is qualified but I know that you do not need to be a pilot or engineer or ex-Airforce. that is too narrow and not well thought out. In my view any well educated individual with administratrive experience and with understanding of how government works can handle MOST ministries in a ministerial capacity. What is important is that we have a well trained civil service who are well paid too. e,g in the UK there are many civil servants who earn more than the PM. Ministers are not executives they are political appointees. Obama recently appointed a doctor as President of the World Bank in preference to Iweala and the Skies have not fallen

Re: FFK Responds To Aviation Minister, Calls Her Market Woman,fish Wife by lertee(f): 7:26am On Oct 12, 2013
Must FKK respond to everything?
Anyways,that madam too needs to shut up with her spoken english like “I am all their bosses”
Lol
grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

I’m Being Held Hostage, MTN Boss Cries Out / President Jonathan Is A Master Strategist / Pic: Borno State Governor 'sharing' Money To Children In His State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 142
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.