Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,365 members, 7,800,738 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:39 AM

Nissan And Stallion Nigeria Sign Assembly Deal - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Nissan And Stallion Nigeria Sign Assembly Deal (20120 Views)

Which Is Better Between Nissan And Mazda / Auto Policy: Stallion Motors Unveils Made-in- Nigeria Hyundai Grand / Stallion Group Delivers Made-in-Nigeria Hyundai Vehicles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nissan And Stallion Nigeria Sign Assembly Deal by jmaine: 11:25pm On Oct 09, 2013
A-ZeD:

There is a reason why Nigerians buy used products.

Its an unhealthy passion when majority always seek for used products despite having a brand new cheap, and good quality option Within their reach and budget..
Re: Nissan And Stallion Nigeria Sign Assembly Deal by agbameta: 11:28pm On Oct 09, 2013
jmaine:

More regurgitated nonsense devoid of substance

Quit trolling . . . .

It's safe to assume that you can not support your usual rretarded and ignorant rubbish. I just farted, is GEJ responsible for that too?

What a dullard...
Re: Nissan And Stallion Nigeria Sign Assembly Deal by jmaine: 11:30pm On Oct 09, 2013
agbameta:

[s]t's safe to assume that you can not support your usual rretarded and ignorant rubbish. I just farted, is GEJ responsible for that too?

What a dullard.[/s]..

Silly Troll . . . .
Re: Nissan And Stallion Nigeria Sign Assembly Deal by taharqa: 11:32pm On Oct 09, 2013
A-ZeD:

There is a reason why Nigerians buy used products.

My frnd, STOP with this yr Nonsense about new and used cars. Its completely IRRELEVANT.

And, nobody is banning used cars. A tariff of 15% or 30% (am not sure now) is only been initially imposed. EVERY Country who have grown their own local Automobile Industry have done same- from Brazil to India to China, etc. Even South Africa is said have a 105% tariff system in place in order to protect its own industry.

2 Likes

Re: Nissan And Stallion Nigeria Sign Assembly Deal by agbameta: 11:34pm On Oct 09, 2013
Lagos holds the key to BRINCS – Ehingbeti 2012

April 23, 2012/Temple ASAJU/Proshare

Experts and stakeholders expressed opinions, evaluations, assessments and predictions on the possible place of Nigeria, and indeed Lagos state among fast developing nations this century.

At the just opened 6th Lagos Economic Summit (“Ehingbeti 2012”) dwelling on Power, Agriculture, Transportation and Housing, economy experts and South-West governors expatiate on the theme – “From BRICS to BRINCS: Lagos holds the Key.

Standard Chartered London-based Regional Head of Research, Razia Khan in her speech to stakeholders says “Nigeria may not be a member of the BRICS nations today but she has every evidences of results to be one.” Advising Nigeria to create room for economical “long-termism” development in policy-making, Khan disclosed that the adoption of such creates a long-term outlook for political structures. Sharing that population alone cannot drive economic growth; the analysts encouraged the Lagos state government, which she describes as the “access to Nigeria’s economic development” to adopt a meaningful structural tax nature for investors.

Sharing relevant experiences from governance, a former governor of New Mexico, Bill Richardson says, “Leadership is key in attracting investment in any country.”

http://www.proshareng.com/news/17028.html
Re: Nissan And Stallion Nigeria Sign Assembly Deal by agbameta: 11:36pm On Oct 09, 2013
^^^^^^^^ That's whay brings in business, not some incompetent dullard sitting sitting on his Aso Rock assss
Re: Nissan And Stallion Nigeria Sign Assembly Deal by taharqa: 11:36pm On Oct 09, 2013
jmaine:

Silly Troll . . . .

Guy, abeg STOP responding to him. Stop baiting him. You ought to know by now his only purpose on this thread.
Re: Nissan And Stallion Nigeria Sign Assembly Deal by AZeD1(m): 11:41pm On Oct 09, 2013
taharqa:

My frnd, STOP with this yr Nonsense about new and used cars. Its completely IRRELEVANT.

And, nobody is banning used cars. A tariff of 15% or 30% (am not sure now) is only been initially imposed. EVERY Country who have grown their own local Automobile Industry have done same- from Brazil to India to China, etc. Even South Africa is said have a 105% tariff system in place in order to protect its own industry.
South Africa, Brazil and China have a very good credit system. India has a credit system though it's not robust. Nigeria on the other hand does not have a credit system.

1 Like

Re: Nissan And Stallion Nigeria Sign Assembly Deal by agbameta: 11:45pm On Oct 09, 2013
taharqa:

You ought to know by now his only purpose on this thread.

And the purpose is to show how silly and ignorant you people think.

I still need you jokers to tell us why GEJ's policies benefits just the SW and not the SE and the rest of the country.

SW leaders are canvasing the world looking for business and reaping the rewards, but these jokers are sitting here doing attache for their incompetent master...

You only do attache when you have nothing of your own to show the world...

losers

6 Likes

Re: Nissan And Stallion Nigeria Sign Assembly Deal by PapiDShipCapt(m): 11:46pm On Oct 09, 2013
Good one... at least d price of cars will gradually fall cheaper n also paving way for possible employment opportunity
Re: Nissan And Stallion Nigeria Sign Assembly Deal by Nobody: 11:46pm On Oct 09, 2013
Wateva am not going 4 a nissan or stallion, i rather go with a naija used mercedes benz
Re: Nissan And Stallion Nigeria Sign Assembly Deal by Gwekzy: 11:50pm On Oct 09, 2013
geeez: Lagos is the Japan of Africa

Any other acclaimed Japan is Taiwanese

Eko o ni baje

Yoruba land o ni baje

This dude worships Moronism...can U imagine

1 Like

Re: Nissan And Stallion Nigeria Sign Assembly Deal by rodbel(m): 11:53pm On Oct 09, 2013
solomon111: Where're all those short-sighted people faulting the president for banning used cars?
President GEJ would have made a very fine president of the SE/SS nation.
He's too good for Nigeria.

Another GEJ soldier.
Re: Nissan And Stallion Nigeria Sign Assembly Deal by 3kay945(m): 12:06am On Oct 10, 2013
# just passing by whistling cool
Re: Nissan And Stallion Nigeria Sign Assembly Deal by manny4life(m): 12:22am On Oct 10, 2013
A-ZeD:

South Africa, Brazil and China have a very good credit system. India has a credit system though it's not robust. Nigeria on the other hand does not have a credit system.

So in your opinion, what do you think will take Nigeria to get a good credit system?
Re: Nissan And Stallion Nigeria Sign Assembly Deal by Immune1(m): 12:25am On Oct 10, 2013
The story would have sounded more credible and feasible if they had it in mind to assemble Datsun cars.So folding my arms and watching.........
Re: Nissan And Stallion Nigeria Sign Assembly Deal by NativeBoy: 12:29am On Oct 10, 2013
Don't want to burst anyone's bubble but is there no one else concerned that everything that points to progress is foreign owned. Where are the local industries or local entrepreneurs. Is Africa's wealth going to be owned by foreigners again.

1 Like

Re: Nissan And Stallion Nigeria Sign Assembly Deal by Immune1(m): 12:32am On Oct 10, 2013
manny4life:

So in your opinion, what do you think will take Nigeria to get a good credit system?
Unfortunately our credit system isn't the main bane;buyers' attitude in Nigeria has so evolved!BRT Ashok leyland are assembled because there is a demand for it;automobile manufacturing isn't child's play.FG should be careful about throwing money around.Lack of innovation killed our automobile industry and now government is trying to jump-start another breed of 'comfortable investors'.like I said;I am folding my arms and watching.......
Re: Nissan And Stallion Nigeria Sign Assembly Deal by chronique(m): 12:39am On Oct 10, 2013
I wonder why most people are complaining about govt's decision to increase the tariff on imported vehicles. Incase most of you do not know,the cars you guys see as affordable for the masses,are mostly junks(flooded/salvaged/accidented vehicles) shipped in by most importers. A lot of Nigerians can't afford clean title cars being brought into the country. Secondly,manufacturing cars here,would take away at least,350-400k(minimal cost of shipping and clearing) from the cost of purchase. Some parts will be produced here,thereby saving us foreign exchange that would have been spent on importing them. Cost of labour here,would be cheaper than what would be paid for labour cost,in a manufacturing plant in the U.S. By the time you take out the cost of shipping and clearing,the amount saved on foreign exchange from importing several parts that can be made here,and then,deducting what you'd save from cheap labour,you'd understand that it's a win-win case for us. At the long run,you get more value from ur brand new cars than your tokunbo. There are some cars in the market that if you deduct their shipping and clearing charges,they'd amount to 200k-400k. If the price of a brand new one is twice/thrice the amount of a tokunbo(after deducting clearing and shipping charges),it means Nigerians "might" be able to get brand new cars between the ranges of 400k/600k - 800k/1.2m,depending on the quality/class of car you need.

For me,I think it's still a win-win situation for Nigerians.

3 Likes

Re: Nissan And Stallion Nigeria Sign Assembly Deal by ewosk: 1:02am On Oct 10, 2013
nice news..jobs will be created..,Nigeria needs more of this..
Re: Nissan And Stallion Nigeria Sign Assembly Deal by arewatech(m): 1:11am On Oct 10, 2013
Please how can I send a friend request on nairaland
Re: Nissan And Stallion Nigeria Sign Assembly Deal by Tintinix: 1:12am On Oct 10, 2013
I am dismayed at the level of unintelligent reasoning exhibited by some NL
All the while I had looked forward to them eating their words but I see that they are mastering the act of using ethnic bigotry to deflect the conversation to suit their evil minds.

For those who DID NOT read to comprehend the post, please the commencement of the assembly plant by Nissan will be in Lagos, I.e. SW becuase CURRENTLY Nissan already has an assembly plant for commercial vehicles there. However the plan is to increase capacity to other ranges of cars! That is how the intend to meet a 2014 production timeline.
However this derails the purpose of this thread! Its true purpose is to inform us that due to the new policy introduced by the clueless, shoeless, retardeen, Jonathan, Nigeria has indeed commenced the production of locally assembled cars, which a NL in page 0 had said 'SHOULD' have started since the '70s.
Lots of things should have commenced and matured since then my people, it has taken the "unsophisticated", unasumming and a patriotic man to be courageous enough to do the right thing. Not the evil geniuses, the Baba that never forgets! Not the man in the perpetual dark specs you name them. But a simple Nigerian Man who had power entrusted upon him and has chosen to make a difference!
Nigerians please let's stop all these sentiments and support one Nigeria now!

5 Likes

Re: Nissan And Stallion Nigeria Sign Assembly Deal by AZeD1(m): 1:19am On Oct 10, 2013
manny4life:

That's another thread.
Re: Nissan And Stallion Nigeria Sign Assembly Deal by manny4life(m): 1:20am On Oct 10, 2013
A-ZeD:

That's another thread.

Another thread? What prevents you from highlighting your points on here?

Okay if you say so.
Re: Nissan And Stallion Nigeria Sign Assembly Deal by ketoprofen(m): 1:32am On Oct 10, 2013
agbameta:

I read somewhere that business are going to leave Lagos for the SE/SS and the pipe dream aka ibaka is going to make this happen.

Even though it was a silly chest beating joke, I still laughed anyways...

Obviously, Nissan didn't get the chest beating message...

The new chest beating scheme now is to praise GEJ and his dumb policies for our great progress and development in the SW.

The question is, why is the SW the only beneficiary of GEJ policies? These businesses are not going to the North, SS or the SE because the so called poliies applies to just the SW and not other parts of Nigeria even places like SE and their lopsided vote in his favor?

This is why I lmao @ these jokers and their dumb spins and attache by force...

What has this got to do with the topic?
The plant was already in Lagos all these while, so is gej supposed to move it to bayelsa?

What diff do u think this will make to the average Yoruba person? Abeg, I rep my indigenous car plants in d East, stay in Lagos with a project that's not urs .
Re: Nissan And Stallion Nigeria Sign Assembly Deal by Nobody: 1:55am On Oct 10, 2013
Welcome development.... More jobs for graduates....

I have said this and will continue to say it. The job of our leaders is very simple, like ABC. Why is it simple? Our revenue comes from beneath the ground, whereas other countries have to raise revenue in form of taxes. So if there is money available, then the problem is 90% solved. The remaining 10% is solved when we have less greedy and competent leaders.

Here are the things Nigerian gov has to do to attract local and foreign investment

1... Build enough power station that would meet our electricity demands... If it's 60,000 megawatt we require, let's build it

2... Get our refineries to start working again. It's unimaginable to be importing fuel and subsidizing with vast amount of resources. Sheer waste!

3... Security.... I will disband our current Police force and recruit graduates sitting at home to run our police. It's like I'm giving policing back to Nigerian people. I will send their unit head on a fresh course to train with USA and British police, then give them a substantial budget to run our police. I'm crying out loud for the good people in Nigeria to come and take their police back.

4.... Judiciary.... I will build more courts and prisons (american style prisons and correction centres). To make sure that the judiciary is fair and impartial, every court proceedings will be chaired by 6 judges ( all from 6 regions of Nigeria) and a super judge. A verdict is passed when there is over 4 of the 6 in favour or against.

5... Education... Currently not fit for purpose... Any contractor we assign to renovate our universities should also be told to maintain it over a fixed period. So if it cost N10 billion to renovate UNIBEN to world standard, I will be asking the contractor how much it is to maintain it for 10-20 years. Maintenance cost is also paid. Lecturers will only get pay rise if they solve our problems; like coming out with innovations, publishing peer-reviewed journals and breaking new grounds. If they ever go on strike, I will simply get lecturers from India to run our universities. Increase in any pay will only be in line with inflation.

6.... Food security..... Pay our farmers subsidy based on goods they bring to the market. the more they bring to market, the more we pay them in subsidy. We will also pay them subsidy based on how environmentally-friendly their farming method is...... I will abolish age-old nomadic farming. Nomadic farming causes too much tension that is preventable.

7.... Roads and railways.

8... Expand our shipping ports and build new ones.

1 Like

Re: Nissan And Stallion Nigeria Sign Assembly Deal by porka: 2:08am On Oct 10, 2013
A-ZeD:

Are you talking of consumer credit system?

Relax!

Financial products could be either supply leading or demand push.

The infrastructure is already there. There's the credit bureau already in existence.

And consumer credit system is picking up and will soon spread like wild fire.

Standard Chartered Bank is all over the media with their product.

Trust Nigerians, others bank will follow soon.

An advise for you though.

Get something doing and stop being pessimistic.

This is Nigeria's moment.

This Nigeria you see today, you won't recognize it again in the next 5 - 10 years.

Very smart people would position themselves for the inevitable booms so they won't have to regret not doing anything when they had the opportunity.

I assume you are smart, just that you are genuinely concern.

If my assumption is right, then bend down and start doing something.

Five years ago, Nigeria could only boast of 1 or 2 confirmed billionaires, today, they are 20 confirmed. (I believe they are more)

There are more to come and you can be one of them.

You just have to stop seeing the negatives.

Start seeing those "perceived" negatives as needs to be satisfied, as gaps to be filled.

The danger of not thinking that way is that when others begin to satisfy those needs, you are likely to come up with another complaint and then you grow very frustratingly old doing just nothing.

4 Likes

Re: Nissan And Stallion Nigeria Sign Assembly Deal by porka: 2:18am On Oct 10, 2013
Immune#1:

Unfortunately our credit system isn't the main bane;buyers' attitude in Nigeria has so evolved!BRT Ashok leyland are assembled because there is a demand for it;automobile manufacturing isn't child's play. [s]FG should be careful about throwing money around.[/s] Lack of innovation killed our automobile industry and now government is trying to jump-start another breed of 'comfortable investors'.like I said;I am folding my arms and watching.......

Explain the part of government throwing money around in this context.
Re: Nissan And Stallion Nigeria Sign Assembly Deal by rockbase360: 2:53am On Oct 10, 2013
solomon111: you are a morøn.
Hundreds of investments come to the SE/SS virtually everyday,yet don't see syncophants beating drums over it.
Secondly,if you think the reason why some of these investors choose lagos is because of ACN,APC or yorubas,then you must be more stupidd than i thought.
And thirdly,lagos is not the same as SW.

Someone missed geography lectures. Lagos is not in the SW? You mean lagos is not yoruba right?...KINI PROBLEM AWON OLORI PELEBE YI GAN NA.....

4 Likes

Re: Nissan And Stallion Nigeria Sign Assembly Deal by whitecat007: 3:24am On Oct 10, 2013
Good one Fashola!
Eko oni baje!
Yoruba has done it again

2 Likes

Re: Nissan And Stallion Nigeria Sign Assembly Deal by Originalsly: 3:44am On Oct 10, 2013
Why is this a good move?...good for Nigeria or good for Nissan? Why don't we ever hear the details of the plans? ...or we just don't care because we would have bragging rights? Can somebody explain how this would benefit Nigeria? Instead of nursing our own baby Innoson...here we are bringing in veteran Nissan. How can Innoson compete? Any good government would try to develop its local industry...not discourage it by importing competition....yet we wonder why India and others are so far ahead. Did India allow foreign auto manufacturers? Yes they did. Under what conditions? Mercedes Benz....e.g...20 year licence...first 5 years all product to be exported/15%staff locals. Next 5yrs...10% of product local sale40% staff local..20% management locals etc...incremental take over. Yesterday Walmart backed out of opening stores in India because of similar policy...they have to sell.x percent of local produce etc. That is development...not to open your doors to be exploited and that is exactly what Nissan is doing. Is that something to clap about? What have we learned from Shell and all ths other foreign companies? Please...open your eyes and allow me to shut my trap.

2 Likes

Re: Nissan And Stallion Nigeria Sign Assembly Deal by lobell: 3:47am On Oct 10, 2013
This is a good move by the FG or whoever is responsible for it. But, I see them making the same mistakes they made with the French when PAN was established.
The problem with this sort of arrangement is that there is no technology transfer from the manufacturers who have the technical know-how to the country where they are hoping to make profits. And I see this happening in a lot of African countries.
My take is that they should not just come and establish assembly plants but they should build manufacturing plants where down to the last nut is made in Nigeria. That way, the factory workers/technicians pick up skills they can use to further develop the country if/when they leave these companies for indigenous ones in the future. PAN was established around the same time with a similar company in India by the same Peugeot of France, but Indians being smarter than we are/were insisted that everything must be made in India...several years down the road there was transfer of technology and today India makes their own cars. Another story I cant elaborate on is how the Chinese phone manufacturers got the technological know-how from the westerners and added their own innovations making the originals look bad. They have been and are still selling 'chinko' phones with crazy configurations which we all rush to buy - Threads about Tecno phones has been front page these past weeks)
Until we wake up and ask for 'the bread' from these companies and not just 'crumbs' in exchange for the billions of dollars they stand to reap, then we have a very long way to go in terms of development.
My two kobos worth!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Turkmenistan President Bans All Black Cars From Country’s Capital / What Does It Mean To Have “mansory” Attached To The Name Of A Car? / 15 Things You Didn't Know About Mercedes Benz

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.