Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,321 members, 7,780,798 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:26 PM

Man Beat His Wife For Not Calling Him "Sir" - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Man Beat His Wife For Not Calling Him "Sir" (20977 Views)

Married As A Second Wife For Child-Bearing / Does A Father Have The Right To Excessively Beat His Children? / Help! He Can't Beat His Wife Anymore (She Learnt Karate) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Beat His Wife For Not Calling Him "Sir" by Newsi: 9:23pm On Oct 09, 2013
Dan Kirby Kopp, 49, routinely beat his wife with a wooden paddle or his hand as a way of disciplining her for not showing proper "respect," according to investigators.

A local jury convicted Kopp Tuesday afternoon of misdemeanor stalking and harassment following a day-long trial before Lancaster County Judge Dennis Reinaker.

The jury took about an hour to deliberate before announcing the verdicts at 3 p.m.

Reinaker sentenced Kopp to 1 to 23 months in Lancaster County Prison, followed by a year on parole.

Kopp also was ordered to pay a $500 fine and have no contact with his now-estranged wife.

According to charging documents, Kopp would take his wife over his knee and spank her, so she would "learn a lesson."

The wife had enough by October 2012 and went to Ephrata police to report the abuse.

She told officers Kopp — who is 6-foot-5, 230 pounds — abused her as a "means of disciplining her for disobedience to him for undermining his parenting," an affidavit shows.

The wife used an iPhone to videotape a Sept. 22, 2012 beating, which was shown to jurors.

The video shows Kopp beating the woman with a paddle for not addressing him with, "Yes, sir."

Kopp also warned his wife that next time he would "cast demons out of her," charging documents show.

Observerreports.com
Re: Man Beat His Wife For Not Calling Him "Sir" by writers4hire: 9:06am On Oct 10, 2013
I know a lot of Nigerian guys who will disagree with this judgement.

8 Likes

Re: Man Beat His Wife For Not Calling Him "Sir" by kreamidiva(f): 10:14am On Oct 10, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Man Beat His Wife For Not Calling Him "Sir" by homesteady(m): 12:38pm On Oct 10, 2013
Is the wife his slave??
Re: Man Beat His Wife For Not Calling Him "Sir" by omoodeogere(m): 12:39pm On Oct 10, 2013
nah wah o well i comment my reserve
Re: Man Beat His Wife For Not Calling Him "Sir" by Adeniyi077(m): 12:39pm On Oct 10, 2013
A fool of the highest order!

4 Likes

Re: Man Beat His Wife For Not Calling Him "Sir" by Lovexme(m): 12:39pm On Oct 10, 2013
People dey sha undecided
Re: Man Beat His Wife For Not Calling Him "Sir" by Jensenelizz(m): 12:39pm On Oct 10, 2013
Booked
Re: Man Beat His Wife For Not Calling Him "Sir" by fingard02k(m): 12:39pm On Oct 10, 2013
asin house girl or what?
Re: Man Beat His Wife For Not Calling Him "Sir" by sexymoma(f): 12:40pm On Oct 10, 2013
Lol.. i know some Nigerian men who would tell their wives to kneel down when eating..
Naso the woman go dey look like vegetable o

In this civilized nation SMH

1 Like

Re: Man Beat His Wife For Not Calling Him "Sir" by MrOlodo2(m): 12:40pm On Oct 10, 2013
a
Re: Man Beat His Wife For Not Calling Him "Sir" by Adeniyi077(m): 12:40pm On Oct 10, 2013
writers4hire: I know a lot of Nigerian guys who will disagree with this judgement.
LOL, really!
Re: Man Beat His Wife For Not Calling Him "Sir" by homesteady(m): 12:41pm On Oct 10, 2013
If I was the woman, I'll use pestle and break his head

1 Like

Re: Man Beat His Wife For Not Calling Him "Sir" by Icebicker: 12:41pm On Oct 10, 2013
She deserves it..... Gud husband, bt dat wood is 2 much

1 Like

Re: Man Beat His Wife For Not Calling Him "Sir" by idsuzie(f): 12:41pm On Oct 10, 2013
He must b an animal
Re: Man Beat His Wife For Not Calling Him "Sir" by Nobody: 12:42pm On Oct 10, 2013
Kopp also warned his wife that next time he would "cast demons out of her," charging documents show.

He needs a psych evaluation.

3 Likes

Re: Man Beat His Wife For Not Calling Him "Sir" by onome324(m): 12:42pm On Oct 10, 2013

1 Like

Re: Man Beat His Wife For Not Calling Him "Sir" by fuckfuckman(m): 12:42pm On Oct 10, 2013
like this if. you no read that long thing ikeji run go buy me cd na...nkechi na you dey sell akara and bread
yessmiley sir

mesmiley looks around) yes correct smielz okay cume inside i won by plenty

laughs micheavously shuts door

2minz latet knockn forr dur
who goes u abeg you don see dat girl we dem sell akara and bread

tell am say hiv and aids commision dem callim for interveiw

i kwn understand at all

dat girl way sem aell

thous halnt deray
Re: Man Beat His Wife For Not Calling Him "Sir" by Nobody: 12:42pm On Oct 10, 2013
That man should be horse-whipped na.ked angry angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Man Beat His Wife For Not Calling Him "Sir" by tonypat(m): 12:42pm On Oct 10, 2013
Cruelty
Re: Man Beat His Wife For Not Calling Him "Sir" by agbalej(m): 12:43pm On Oct 10, 2013
He must be an animal. Women should be treated with great respect. They sure deserve it. Kopp deserves a harsher punishment.

3 Likes

Re: Man Beat His Wife For Not Calling Him "Sir" by Nobody: 12:43pm On Oct 10, 2013
The man must be sick up-stairs,because ur wife did not call u sir u now started beating her?what nonsensitical nonsensitious nonsense!!!!I would even want my wife to call me pet names like "darling baby,dear,honey and so on than calling me sir,why should she call me sir when am not sir alex ferguson!!!!ummmm something is smelling on this thread!!!who mess?lol

4 Likes

Re: Man Beat His Wife For Not Calling Him "Sir" by highdee4real008(m): 12:43pm On Oct 10, 2013
This is ridiculous y wuld a man beat his wife like dat? If he wants to reflect his muscles den he shuld try a man like him!! Total nonsense

1 Like

Re: Man Beat His Wife For Not Calling Him "Sir" by Adeniyi077(m): 12:43pm On Oct 10, 2013
mechummy: That man should be horse-whipped na.ked angry angry angry angry
U na wan see hin toto or what?
Re: Man Beat His Wife For Not Calling Him "Sir" by Arosa(m): 12:44pm On Oct 10, 2013
I never knew that such thing could happen here in Uk, I thought it was in Africa. grin
Re: Man Beat His Wife For Not Calling Him "Sir" by iamdara: 12:44pm On Oct 10, 2013
U no try @ all this one no be new thing,he for don kill her then U will become celebrity undecided
Re: Man Beat His Wife For Not Calling Him "Sir" by Adeniyi077(m): 12:45pm On Oct 10, 2013
highdee4real008: This is ridiculous y wuld a man beat his wife like dat? If he wants to reflect his muscles den he shuld try a man like him!! Total nonsense

Trying a man like himself? What if he's lucky to have Jet Li as his opponent?
Re: Man Beat His Wife For Not Calling Him "Sir" by Afam4eva(m): 12:46pm On Oct 10, 2013
I was even expecting to see a Nigerian or African name. This shows that Africa is now exporting some of it's values to the world grin
Re: Man Beat His Wife For Not Calling Him "Sir" by AbuMikey(m): 12:46pm On Oct 10, 2013

I know that man must be xynerise undecided angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Man Puts Baby In Freezer To Stop Her From Crying / Photos; 4 Year Old Girl Who Was Reported Missing For Days Has Been Found / Man Bites Off Mother-in-law’s Finger For Scattering His Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.