Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,521 members, 7,808,902 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:02 PM

The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED (77883 Views)

Discussion / Tithe And The True Storehouse - Malachi 3:10 / The Deception Of The Roman Catholic Mass (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (43) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Goshen360(m): 4:55am On Oct 10, 2013
King James Version (KJV)

10 Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the Lord of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it. 11 And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, and he shall not destroy the fruits of your ground; neither shall your vine cast her fruit before the time in the field, saith the Lord of hosts.

Many Christians are too much into the KJV and they're lost within the context of KJV English. Many Pastors understand this and they use it to confuse church people the more. Today, we unveil the 'devourer' and 'storehouse' in Malachi 3:10-11 that God talked about as we continue to contend the false tithe teaching for Christians. When people hear 'devourer' and\or 'storehouse', they are being threatened in the meaning, thinking it's satanic attack and\or calamities and that the church or gathering of believers is the storehouse.

I will like to present an exposition and\or exegesis into the word meanings from a Bible concordance but before we go into the word meaning exegesis\exposition, I'll like to quote from many translations that agree with the context of what God was saying and we continue to see if it applies to Christians or still apply today.

After this exposition\exegesis, you and\or pastor reading this will not remain the same again. cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by MightySparrow: 5:05am On Oct 10, 2013
...... and where is your exposition?

1 Like

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Goshen360(m): 5:10am On Oct 10, 2013
Amplified Bible (AMP)
11 And I will rebuke the devourer [insects and plagues] for your sakes and he shall not destroy the fruits of your ground, neither shall your vine drop its fruit before the time in the field, says the Lord of hosts.

1. From this translation, devourer is not the devil and demons that pastors use to threaten and coarse people into paying tithe, it is insects and plagues. In other words, insects that plagues "fruits of the ground". cheesy Ah, examples of insects, butterflies,beetles, flies, mosquitoes, crickets, cockroaches etc.

Question: Since tithe teachers and payers had been teaching\paying tithe, had mosquitoes never bitten them? Don't they have flies in\around their houses? How about cockroaches? cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Goshen360(m): 5:15am On Oct 10, 2013
Contemporary English Version (CEV)
11 I will also stop locusts from destroying your crops and keeping your vineyards from producing.

2. From this translation, devourer = locusts. A kind of grasshopper that comes in swarms and causes great damage to plant life in the bible days. Could it means something different in our days? cheesy
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Goshen360(m): 5:24am On Oct 10, 2013
Easy-to-Read Version (ERV)
11 I will not let pests destroy your crops. All your grapevines will produce grapes.” This is what the Lord All-Powerful said.

3. From this translation, devourer as in KJV = pests.

Are you following? cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Themind: 5:35am On Oct 10, 2013
Goshen360: Amplified Bible (AMP)
11 And I will rebuke the devourer [insects and plagues] for your sakes and he shall not destroy the fruits of your ground, neither shall your vine drop its fruit before the time in the field, says the Lord of hosts.

1. From this translation, devourer is not the devil and demons that pastors use to threaten and coarse people into paying tithe, it is insects and plagues. In other words, insects that plagues "fruits of the ground". cheesy Ah, examples of insects, butterflies,beetles, flies, mosquitoes, crickets, cockroaches etc.

Question: Since tithe teachers and payers had been teaching\paying tithe, had mosquitoes never bitten them? Don't they have flies in\around their houses? How about cockroaches? cheesy
. Now exposed. You have little knowledge or not at all about the Bible. You loose my respect, I will give you 0.005% for this expose, too poor. Surely this is not of the spirit it is of the flesh and it will profit nothing to the spirit.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Goshen360(m): 5:43am On Oct 10, 2013
Expanded Bible (EXB)
11 I will stop the ·insects [pests; or plague; the devourer] so they won’t ·eat [destroy] your crops. The grapes won’t ·fall from your vines before they are ready to pick [or fail to produce a crop],” says the Lord ·All-Powerful [Almighty; of Heaven’s Armies; T of hosts].

4. From this translation, devourer = insects, pests or plague. A devourer is way of referring to, by name, pests or insects destroying or eating crops and plants in a farm.

Are you following? Because we're still laying the foundation still. cheesy So that, next time your pastor say 'devourer' will devour you for not tithing, then you can ask, which of the devourers, insects or pests, mosquitoes or cockroaches or flies? cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Goshen360(m): 5:46am On Oct 10, 2013
The mind: . Now exposed. You have little knowledge or not at all about the Bible. You loose my respect, I will give you 0.005% for this expose, too poor. Surely this is not of the spirit it is of the flesh and it will profit nothing to the spirit.

Why don't you wait until we get into word meaning proper. I'm still laying foundation still. cheesy Translators agree and so those who first heard the word 'devourer' understood what God was saying. And please, don't come with that cheap attitude of oh Goshen you don't understand the word etc. If you don't understand a text, how do you apply the context? How do you carry out an instruction you don't understand what it means? Just confirm the translations I'm drawing from if they're true to the testimony or not. cheesy Abeg relax!!!

3 Likes

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Goshen360(m): 5:54am On Oct 10, 2013
GOD’S WORD Translation (GW)
11 Then, for your sake, I will stop insects from eating your crops. They will not destroy the produce of your land. The vines in your fields will not lose their unripened grapes,” says the Lord of Armies.

Good News Translation (GNT)
11 I will not let insects destroy your crops, and your grapevines will be loaded with grapes.

5. From this translations, devourer still = crops eating insects, not sickness, not demons, not poverty, not devil but insects that eats crops.

Are you still there? If you're there shout hallelujah!!! cheesy I will put everything together in the end o. Just follow the context and the exposition. cheesy
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Goshen360(m): 6:06am On Oct 10, 2013
New Living Translation (NLT)
11 Your crops will be abundant, for I will guard them from insects and disease. Your grapes will not fall from the vine before they are ripe,” says the Lord of Heaven’s Armies.

6. From this translation, devourer is still = insects and disease (in reference to) crops\grapes of the vine. It cannot means anything other than plant\crop disease.
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Goshen360(m): 6:15am On Oct 10, 2013
Okay, now let's put things together and we can go into word meanings from the concordance. When the Jewish people heard 'devourer' in those days in the context of Malachi 3:10-11, how did they understood it? Simply, insects, pests, crop disease, crops\plants destroying\eating creatures, locust etc. How and when did it turned into another meaning other than what the context says? A further exposition\exegesis from the Hebrew syntax and\or word etymology will unveil the truth behind these text.

Reference to many translations here: http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Malachi%203:10-11&version=YLT

to be continue . . .
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by God2man(m): 6:37am On Oct 10, 2013
Mr.man, you ran away from the other thread with the promise you will give us, 10 Anti-tithe churches, here you are teaching about a doctrine that you know is NEVER familiar with the believe of all churches all over the world.

Anti-tithe doctrine is alien to christianity all over the world.

All the Anti-tithe churches you have been mentioning are from U.S, none is from Nigeria.

Where do you get this satanic doctrine?

There is only one Answer, PIT OF HELL.

God bless you.
God2man.

4 Likes

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by PastorKun(m): 6:40am On Oct 10, 2013
Following grin

1 Like

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by quivah(f): 7:11am On Oct 10, 2013
following!!

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by madone: 8:18am On Oct 10, 2013
Watching with ma eye
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by marvelling(m): 8:29am On Oct 10, 2013
@Goshen360 which church you dey go sef? This your write up is against mainstream pentecostal teachings of our day.

2 Likes

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Tayeni(m): 8:46am On Oct 10, 2013
Following grin
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Image123(m): 9:01am On Oct 10, 2013
Matthew 13:27 So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares? 13:28 He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up?

We choose not to be ignorant of the devices of the devil. i'm certain there would have been logical reasonings and fleshly explanations for Job's problems.

8 Likes

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by christemmbassey(m): 9:11am On Oct 10, 2013
God2man: Mr.man, you ran away from the other thread with the promise you will give us, 10 Anti-tithe churches, here you are teaching about a doctrine that you know is NEVER familiar with the believe of all churches all over the world.

Anti-tithe doctrine is alien to christianity all over the world.

All the Anti-tithe churches you have been mentioning are from U.S, none is Nigeria.

Where do you get this satanic doctrine?

There is only Answer, PIT OF HELL.

God bless you.
God2man.
he's attacking ur oyel well, abi? No mind us o, we want to help u heal from greed. B strong, God is able.
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by christemmbassey(m): 9:17am On Oct 10, 2013
marvelling: @Goshen360 which church you dey go sef? This your write up is against mainstream pentecostal teachings of our day.
Jesus teachings were against mainstream judaism of his days on earth. D fact dat a wrong thing was introduced tro d back door into christianity and almost all d churches av practiced it for centuries for obvious reasons, DOES NOT MAKE IT RIGHT. God bless.

6 Likes

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by mcfynest(m): 9:22am On Oct 10, 2013
grabs a sit and popcorn with wine, watching watching and watching.....
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by christemmbassey(m): 9:38am On Oct 10, 2013
Image123: Matthew 13:27 So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares? 13:28 He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up?

We choose not to be ignorant of the devices of the devil. i'm certain there would have been logical reasonings and fleshly explanations for Job's problems.
TITHE IS THE BIGEST FRAUD IN THE WORLD, pls follow this thread with opened mind, knowing that those who av benefited fron this centuries old fraud will lie in wait. U know, tithe is sm ppl oil well. U can fool some ppl some time, but, u can't fool all the ppl all the time. Christ said in jn8:32 "and ye shall know the truth, and the truth, shall make you free", the truth about tithe is, as a pastor, i av found out that, "there is no SINGLE VERSE IN THE ENTIRE BIBLE, where christians are commanded, adviced, or beged, to pay 10% of their salaries/wages to God, Jesus, pastor or church organisation. Welcome to truth.

6 Likes

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Image123(m): 9:46am On Oct 10, 2013
christemmbassey: TITHE IS THE BIGEST FRAUD IN THE WORLD, pls follow this thread with opened mind, knowing that those who av benefited fron this centuries old fraud will lie in wait. U know, tithe is sm ppl oil well. U can fool some ppl some time, but, u can't fool all the ppl all the time. Christ said in jn8:32 "and ye shall know the truth, and the truth, shall make you free", the truth about tithe is, as a pastor, i av found out that, "there is no SINGLE VERSE IN THE ENTIRE BIBLE, where christians are commanded, adviced, or beged, to pay 10% of their salaries/wages to God, Jesus, pastor or church organisation. Welcome to truth.
Have you not read the words of the Lord in Luke 11v42?
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by swtchicgurl: 10:27am On Oct 10, 2013
GOSHEN,

This thread solidly confirms you know NOTHING (NOT A LITTLE, NOTHING) about the Word of God nor spiritual understanding.

Becareful man, the "Letter is killing you" @ Cor. 3:6 cry

Have you ever heard of spiritual devourers?! Where exactly do you make up these 'teachings' from?

I advised you to ask the Holy Spirit for help when studying the Bible and you have obviously refused.

Becareful, keep your errors to yourself, stop making other people err!

Don't stir up the consequences of turning other people from the truth.

You may not may not get the chance to reconcile with all the people you turned from the truth! Be careful!

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Nobody: 10:41am On Oct 10, 2013
So when Jesus said He has given us authority to thread upon snakes and scorpoins. Did He mean literal snakes and scorpoins? No.

Because medicine can cure a few diseases does not mean sickness is no of the devil.

Just like there a real kings and princes in the physical world so also there are demonic princes and kings in the spiritual world.

Just like there are real serpents in the physical world so also there are demonic serpents in the spiritual world.

Just as there are real insects in the physical so also there are demonic insects in the spiritual. Unless God opens your eyes you will never know these things exist

Beelzebub is called Lord of the flies. And we all know flies are insects.There are demonic pests and diseases in the spiritual world.let no one fool you.

Because we are under a new covenant does not mean we shouldn't obey the instruction of the Holy Spirit which are laws written in the hearts of believers.

Even blessings can become a curse if you do not operate the covenant estblished in Christ Jesus from Abraham by Faith.

Most christians are oppressed by the devil because the follow the ways of the world and do not understand the ways of the Spirit.

If you follow the ways of nimrod as a christian then you become a slave to babylon but if you follow the ways of the Spirit then you becoe a slave to righteousness by Faith.

Jesus says if we love Him we shuld keep HIs commandments.The commandments here are not the 10 commandments but His teachings and sayings.The Holy Spirit is the teacher and the Helper.Jesus commandments/instructions comes from the Holy Spirit in the hearts of believers and as far as i am concerned tithing is one of those instruction.

He that despise instructions will definitely embrace affliction.There is no two ways about it for the scriptures cannot be broken.

Don't be deceived the devil also gives wealth but there is a wealth God can give that can outlast the wealth of this world and comes with peace and rest if only christians will only heed the instructions from the Holy Spirit.

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Image123(m): 10:45am On Oct 10, 2013
Wait for Gosh to come with the greek meaning of scorpions. Oh, don't wait.
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by swtchicgurl: 11:03am On Oct 10, 2013
Image123: Wait for Gosh to come with the greek meaning of scorpions. Oh, don't wait.

He spends so much time reading geneologies and theologies! That's what the Bible describes as "enticing word's of man's wisdom"!

"And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power!" 1 Cor. 2:4

5 Likes

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by EMILO2STAY(m): 11:22am On Oct 10, 2013
swtchicgurl: GOSHEN,

This thread solidly confirms you know NOTHING (NOT A LITTLE, NOTHING) about the Word of God nor spiritual understanding.

Becareful man, the "Letter is killing you" @ Cor. 3:6 cry

Have you ever heard of spiritual devourers?! Where exactly do you make up these 'teachings' from?

I advised you to ask the Holy Spirit for help when studying the Bible and you have obviously refused.

Becareful, keep your errors to yourself, stop making other people err!

Don't stir up the consequences of turning other people from the truth.

You may not may not get the chance to reconcile with all the people you turned from the truth! Be careful!
pls let me ask what is this spiritual devourer, because i only know of physical devourers which are nothing but insects
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by God2man(m): 11:23am On Oct 10, 2013
marvelling: @Goshen360 which church you dey go sef? This your write up is against mainstream pentecostal teachings of our day.
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by God2man(m): 11:24am On Oct 10, 2013

By the Grace of God, i am a member of MFM, so, Let's see what the OP will say about his church.

God2man,
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by EMILO2STAY(m): 11:27am On Oct 10, 2013
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Image123(m): 11:46am On Oct 10, 2013
swtchicgurl:

He spends so much time reading geneologies and theologies! That's what the Bible describes as "enticing word's of man's wisdom"!

"And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power!" 1 Cor. 2:4
methinks he needs some humility.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (43) (Reply)

"Muslims Attacked My Church During Crossover Night And Raped Girls"- Pastor / Apostle Johnson Suleman Reacts To Sex Scandal: "I'm Tough, Can't Bring Me Down" / Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.