Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,304 members, 7,808,031 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:37 AM

The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED - Religion (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED (77862 Views)

Discussion / Tithe And The True Storehouse - Malachi 3:10 / The Deception Of The Roman Catholic Mass (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (43) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by DrummaBoy(m): 6:03pm On Nov 13, 2013
Pastor Kun:

If you want to quote me, quote me in proper context and not out of context. My stance on tithes is very clear , I have no problem with believers giving any percentage of their income be it 1% or 100% and labelling it whatever they like whether tithe, offering seed or whatever. What I have a very big problem with is fraudulently manipulating the word of God to extort 10% on believers income on a consistent basis and labelling it as God's tithe. As long as believers are taught in clear terms that they are not required to tithe as christians, I won't have a problem with any preacher who persuades his congregation to set aside any percentage/proportion of their income they choose for the work of the gospel.
this also is my position. The air of compulsion placed on giving called tithe. The beuty of the discuss here is that after is said and debated on tithing here on NL, protithers like Bidam, Alwaystrue,Image and Ihedinobi agree that tithing should not be by compulsion too!

1 Like

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Demainman1: 6:46pm On Nov 13, 2013
kolidave: Well ur rite buh that is for God to judge Isn't it?

Why do you want to leave them for God to judge? Do we leave God to judge armed robbers when they are caught? Do we leave God to judge kidnappers? Why then do we rain abuses and curses on corrupt politicians? why don't we leave God to judge them?

So if an armed robber claim to be a pastor in court, will it be alright to leave him to God to judge?
Why then should we leave the 'my belle call me' pastors to God for judgment? The bible tells you that when you know the truth, you are free! Rather than give your 10% or whatever percent you give to the fraudsters, give it to the poor and the less privilege among you and see how God will continue to bless you. Jesus said "whatever good you do to the least of your brother, you do to him".

Their children are in the best schools abroad while you cannot even afford those their glorified secondary schools they call university in Nigeria because of the cut throat fees. Most of them attended free missionary schools and yet they can't even give back to their society without expecting huge returns. Go to their universities, corrupt politicians children are in the majority.

We won't leave them to God to judge, we will keep condemning their acts until they either repent or people will come to see them for what they truly are. I don't care how many jets they can afford because it is 'OTHER PEOPLES MONEY' so i am not impress. As far as i am concerned they are just like a typical nigerian politician. EVIL.

4 Likes

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by PastorKun(m): 7:05pm On Nov 13, 2013
kolidave: how won't u know with the things happening around? Am I that blind not to see Wats happening in churches and in the society.. If people really do give,won't it affect the society and the church positively? Well I give my tithe to the church, and that's left for the church to give the needy poor and widows.

But the bible in deut 14:28-29 says tithes can be given to the poor and widows directly, why must you give it through a church you are not even sure would give adequately to the needy.

3 Likes

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Demainman1: 7:09pm On Nov 13, 2013
They will gather all of una at the end of every month and put up different concerts and call them 'Crusades'. Holy Ghost this and Holy Ghost that! What difference has that made to our collective lives as Nigerians? Go to their big churches every sunday, na so so politicians you will see for front rows. Doesn't their bible have James 2 ? Of course it does, but they are not interested in that chapter because it will bring 'bad market' for them you see.

They only preach about tithe as eternal principle while leaving the part of bible that says a woman should not preach in the church (sorry our girls/mothers. i no be sexist o. Na bible talk am). All their wives na mummy GO this and mummy GO that. dem no get eyes, dem no dey see that verse for their bible?

All of dem dey talk to God on a daily basis yet they can't beg God to remove suffering from the land by destroying the evil leaders. Na only plane crash dem dey see. When are they going to see suffering crash, poverty crash, untimely death crash in that Nigeria? when?

How can someone who can see plane crash not able to see when ASUU will call off the strike!! sad
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Candour(m): 7:40pm On Nov 13, 2013
kolidave: Well ur rite buh that is for God to judge Isn't it? Just keep doing ur own and the reward will be great

I'm happy you agree i'm saying the truth.

My brother, judging them is not the issue. Their consciences are obviously dead so our observations have no effect on them. However we owe it a duty to remind our fellow Christians what Christ's mind is for Christians. Go through the bible, God is more interested in people's welfare than in building of cathedrals. God was concerned with the poor in the old testament, Christ and the apostles were overwhelmingly involved in catering for the needs of the needy in the new testament than even their own personal interests. See sample verses below

Matt 25:35-36,40
'For i was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: i was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: i was a stranger, and ye took me in:36.Naked, and ye clothed me: i was sick and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.....40.And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily i say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.'

Luke 19:8
'And Zacchaeus stood, and said unto the Lord; Behold, Lord, the half of my goods i give to the poor; and if i have taken any thing from any man by false accusation, i restore him fourfold.'

Acts 20:35
'I have shewed you all things, how that so labouring ye ought to support the weak, and to remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he said, It is more blessed to give than to receive.'

James 1:27
'Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world'

1John 3:17
'But whoso hath this world's good, and seeth his brother have need, and shutteth up his bowels of compassion from him, how dwelleth the love of God in Him?

When last did they hear any of these or similar verses in our churches?

My bro, the souls of men and the welfare of the less privileged are more important in the sight of God than any other thing you can think of but are our churches paying attention to these things? aren't we more concerned with building our various religious empires than to succour the downtrodden in the society?

4 Likes

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Image123(m): 7:48pm On Nov 13, 2013
Zikkyy:

.....and the point i was making was that tithe as support for temple workers was announced after God claimed the Levites for himself. It's possible Moses could have adopted a different approach to sustaining firstborns for example their family members can sustain them, especially if their family entitled to a share of the land. We don't know, so don't assume.

The Bible was so clear about it, there is no need for all this rigmarole.
Numbers 18.21
(BBE) And to the children of Levi I have given as their heritage all the tenths offered in Israel, as payment for the work they do, the work of the Tent of meeting.

Zikkyy:

I know you said among other reasons, and am telling you that belonging to the tribe of Levi is the first consideration. if you serve in the temple and you are not a Levite (don't see how that is possible anyway), you don't get the tithe.

Num 18:21 And, behold, I have given the children of Levi all the tenth in Israel for an inheritance, for their service which they serve, even the service of the tabernacle of the congregation

The Levites got the tithe as a people reserved for a particular purpose, it does not matter whether you are already rendering that service or will be able to render the service at a future date or if you are retired.

2 Chronicles 31:14-19 (NIV)
14 Kore son of Imnah the Levite, keeper of the East Gate, was in charge of the freewill offerings given to God, distributing the contributions made to the Lord and also the consecrated gifts. 15 Eden, Miniamin, Jeshua, Shemaiah, Amariah and Shekaniah assisted him faithfully in the towns of the priests, distributing to their fellow priests according to their divisions, old and young alike.

16 In addition, they distributed to the males three years old or more whose names were in the genealogical records—all who would enter the temple of the Lord to perform the daily duties of their various tasks, according to their responsibilities and their divisions. 17 And they distributed to the priests enrolled by their families in the genealogical records and likewise to the Levites twenty years old or more, according to their responsibilities and their divisions. 18 They included all the little ones, the wives, and the sons and daughters of the whole community listed in these genealogical records. For they were faithful in consecrating themselves.

19 As for the priests, the descendants of Aaron, who lived on the farmlands around their towns or in any other towns, men were designated by name to distribute portions to every male among them and to all who were recorded in the genealogies of the Levites.

Well, i was not talking about which one is first or which one is twentieth consideration. i simply stated that the tithe was given because of the work they were doing in the temple and i gave two Bible verses that say that. You are free to have the last word. i'm done with your tithe babbles for this period. i have patiently answered all relevant questions posed on the thread. All the skipping and shifting of goal posts, you can have fun with, thanks.
i'll look through the page to see what other comments need to be made.
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Image123(m): 7:50pm On Nov 13, 2013
Candour:

Tenth of what?
You seem not to appreciate the use of the word "simply". Tithe is one part of something. The other nine parts are the rest of the whole.

Neh 10:38
And the priest the son of Aaron shall be with the Levites, when the Levites shall bring up the tithe of the tithes unto the house of our God, to the CHAMBERS, into the treasure house'

The tithe of tithes is what eventually gets to the chambers, treasure house or storehouse and it's 1% of the tithes of Israel. Is it the tithe of tithes(1%) you are asking folks to pay?
It's simply a tenth of the whole, whatever the whole is. God was talking to the whole nation, He knows best.
Mal 3:9 Ye are cursed with a curse: for ye have robbed me, even this whole nation
Mal 3:10 Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.

He later told them that all nations will call them blessed. He was not having a clan or tribal meeting, He was addressing the whole nation.

wait until i do. then you can point it out so i can correct myself. You want me to stop pointing out Oyak's lies or yours? If you guys stop the lies, then i'll have nothing to accuse you of again.
You are yet to point out any lie. You said pastor Chris was capable of lying, i simply reminded you that you are also capable.

Christ is the truth and its not in dispute. Are you begging me to spam the thread again? If you wish to see it, you know where to go. I'll post it soon again anyway so you might want to wait for the new posting.
Kindly show me where pastor Chris said tithe was of the law. You can simply post the sentence or the paragraph where he said so. i'm so glad i didn't miss Jesus the truth. Your thought was/is that i always miss the truth. Your thoughts are far away from God's though.

i can assure you that Christ would be grossly disappointed with your penchant for closing your eyes to the truth in the word of God
Mat 7:3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
Mat 7:4 Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?
Mat 7:5 Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

And i tell you 2Cor 16:1 is scripture, not just some empty words from crooks making merchandise of the children of God.

My bro, you're the one dribbling the word of God since this discussion started. i wish you could stop.
You said you do not take directions from men of God. Stop dribbling.

Don't you think you should search the scriptures to find out which tithe he refereed to?

After you'll point accusing fingers of dribbling God's word. Go to Leviticus 27:30-33 and read about God's holy tithe since you don't know it.
God's holy tithe indeed. Which one is God's unholy tithe? Is Genesis no more part of the book of Moses? Is it not part of the book of the law? Have you not read that every devoted thing is most holy unto the LORD, not just crops and animals? Talk about searching the scriptures. Are Abraham and Jacob's tithe not in the Bible? Did the pharisee not give tithe of all that he possessed?

No wahala bros. since tithing is like prayers, going to fellowship, reading the bible etc. Then every Christian is at liberty to do as he chooses or you don't think so? after all there is no specific prayer format, fellowship format or bible reading format. So why should tithe alone have a specific format of pastor collecting it?
You are one of those trying to make sure that tithe should be a specific format, no?

Yes my bro. Just wanted you to know that a refusal to give what you call tithe doesn't mean non tithers don't give. Once again, i'm glad you realize and know that.

Jesus knew the rulers of the temple in Jerusalem were rogues who devour widows houses. He commended the widow doesn't mean he encouraged other widows to do so. Jesus asked rich men to sell all they had and give to the poor. How come he never asked any of them to take it to the temple? i know why: because he knew the thieves there would devour everything. Even when Zaccheaus made his vow, he left the temple out because he knew they were crooks like he was before he met Jesus.

If Jesus couldn't trust the temple officials with the wealth of the rich, is it that of a poor widow he'll want them to administer? She thought she was giving to God because it was meant to be offerings for God but crooks in gowns and head gear were waiting to consume it because they had turned the temple to a business centre and a den of thieves. God was no longer there

Jesus didn't encourage it, I won't too.
More dribbling. i think i'm becoming a real source of temptation making you do all sort of dishonest dribblings. i'll have to give you some slack on this issue. Let me not kill you finally.

You're trying very hard to twist this 1Cor 16:1-2 but it just refuses to be twisted.

So we can assume some in that congregation gave tithes and some gave other proportions right? Some might have given 20%, some 5% and some 70% but immediately somebody gives 10%, it means he gave tithes right? And those who refuse to give 10% don't honour God abi?

Can we then infer that every and any 10% proportion is a tithe?
There is no twist, the passage clearly talks of giving in proportion. Some folks say that christians should not give in proportion or percentage, like that even makes any sense. Folks would rather be senseless in order to discredit tithing. 10% is a tithe, a tithe is a tenth. This is basic junior secondary school maths.

Even as i work in my office, i should do it like i'm doing it unto the Lord. That is the correct context in which the verse you quoted speaks. In eating, in playing, in working not only in giving. Pls don't narrow the context to fit your idea.
A lot of rubbish and old wive's fables that i had to delete BTW, as they have no relevance to anything. We give as unto God, not unto men. Giving in church is in proper context with whatsoever you do. There is no inclination or attempt at narrowing the verse.
Col 3:23 And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men;

No wahala. I wont flog this issue with you. I can't argue with the passage you quoted up there as i wont want to twist scriptures.

There is a sense in which i used it for the Pharisees and it was to show them as people who do things simply for their works to be seen and applauded of men.
Simply take correction and move on, no need for all this story.

ok.
Next time, no need to lie that i said that i've been trying to win arguments for over four years.

You and your likes make horrible claims about tithes on NL. One of the worst claims on this tithe issue is that pastors are the priests after the order of Melchizedek. That is the height of blasphemy making pastors equal to the saviour.

That is not only making a claim, that is blasphemy.

Tithing in not Christian in whatever form. Giving in any measure you wish is.
Tithing is a form of giving. Christians are not equal to the Saviour but they are His brethren and priests under the priesthood of Jesus who is a priest after the order of Melchisedec. Are you a priest? What is the order of your priesthood?
Heb 2:11 For both he that sanctifieth and they who are sanctified are all of one: for which cause he is not ashamed to call them brethren

We are talking about tithes specifically my bro. Do you advice people to treat it the same way they treat sabbath for instance, at their discretion?
A christian is free to tithe, pray, read the Bible, go to church, give alms, love etc.
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Image123(m): 7:52pm On Nov 13, 2013
Candour:

You didn't finish quoting from Deuteronomy. See the full version.

Deut 14:22-29
'Thou shalt truly tithe all the increase of thy seed, that the field bringeth forth year by year. [23] And thou shalt eat before the Lord thy God, in the place which he shall choose to place his name there, the tithe of thy corn, of thy wine, and of thine oil, and the firstlings of thy herds and of thy flocks; that thou mayest learn to fear the Lord thy God always. [24] And if the way be too long for thee, so that thou art not able to carry it; or if the place be too far from thee, which the Lord thy God shall choose to set his name there, when the Lord thy God hath blessed thee: [25] Then shalt thou turn it into money, and bind up the money in thine hand, and shalt go unto the place which the Lord thy God shall choose: [26] And thou shalt bestow that money for whatsoever thy soul lusteth after, for oxen, or for sheep, or for wine, or for strong drink, or for whatsoever thy soul desireth: and thou shalt eat there before the Lord thy God, and thou shalt rejoice, thou, and thine household, [27] And the Levite that is within thy gates; thou shalt not forsake him; for he hath no part nor inheritance with thee. [28] At the end of three years thou shalt bring forth all the tithe of thine increase the same year, and shalt lay it up within thy gates: [29] And the Levite, (because he hath no part nor inheritance with thee,) and the stranger, and the fatherless, and the widow, which are within thy gates, shall come, and shall eat and be satisfied; that the Lord thy God may bless thee in all the work of thine hand which thou doest.

That is the full gist. How do we account for the portions in bold?

Do you eat your from your tithes? If you don't, you don't fear the Lord. The bible said so.

Also the fatherless, widows, strangers should also get your tithes says the book. Do you do this?

Don't be manipulative. The full gist is that there was the main tithe that was to be given and not eaten. Anyway, i know you folks by experience. You will stop at nothing until you confuse folks and make them doubt and feel dissatisfied. The devil used this same tactics on Eve since long time ago.
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Image123(m): 7:54pm On Nov 13, 2013
kolidave: Well ur rite buh that is for God to judge Isn't it? Just keep doing ur own and the reward will be great

i'd advice that you ignore them. they are not going to be satisfied with this your stance. Never mind their lip service that they are not after you. they will not rest until they try to disturb and distort your stand. May God continue to bless you and give you grace.

2 Likes

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Image123(m): 7:58pm On Nov 13, 2013
Bidam: After you and your friends have insulted us and called us all kinds of names. You are now saying this What a shame.SMH!

ohhhh Bidam. You should know these people by now na. They are only setting a trap for the man. Do you for once believe that kunle and his like are not saying believers should not tithe? That must be a miracle. they would stop at nothing with feigned words to deceive others. thank God for His grace on our lives.

1 Like

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by PastorKun(m): 8:37pm On Nov 13, 2013
Image123:

Don't be manipulative. The full gist is that there was the main tithe that was to be given and not eaten. Anyway, i know you folks by experience. You will stop at nothing until you confuse folks and make them doubt and feel dissatisfied. The devil used this same tactics on Eve since long time ago.

Can you quote any scripture that categorises any of the three jewish tithes as the main tithe And why do you ignore some types of tithes and keep only one in a twisted format? Does it not smell of fraud to your dead conscience?

4 Likes

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Candour(m): 9:52pm On Nov 13, 2013
Image123:
You seem not to appreciate the use of the word "simply". Tithe is one part of something. The other nine parts are the rest of the whole.

We are studying scripture here my bro not arithmetic.

Tithe is not just any tenth. It shouldn't be that difficult to grasp.

It's simply a tenth of the whole, whatever the whole is. God was talking to the whole nation, He knows best.
Mal 3:9 Ye are cursed with a curse: for ye have robbed me, even this whole nation
Mal 3:10 Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.

He later told them that all nations will call them blessed. He was not having a clan or tribal meeting, He was addressing the whole nation.

A tenth of specific items. He sure knows best hence he told us what his tithe his. Stop trying to know more than God

You are yet to point out any lie. You said pastor Chris was capable of lying, i simply reminded you that you are also capable.

He lied when he said Christians are obligated to tithe. That command was for Israel under the law. Nothing to do with Christians redeemed by the blood of Christ. You also know this hence your holding tenaciously to Abram's tithe of war spoils to Melchizedek.

Kindly show me where pastor Chris said tithe was of the law. You can simply post the sentence or the paragraph where he said so. i'm so glad i didn't miss Jesus the truth. Your thought was/is that i always miss the truth. Your thoughts are far away from God's though.

I'll do better than post a sentence. I'll post the entire devotional again for your benefit when i finish replying your posts.

Mat 7:3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
Mat 7:4 Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?
Mat 7:5 Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

Have you ever accused me of anything on this thread or this forum? Then these verses apply to you in equal measure don't you think?

You said you do not take directions from men of God. Stop dribbling.

Is it too difficult for you to know i don't and wont take directions from crooks parading as men of God?

God's holy tithe indeed. Which one is God's unholy tithe? Is Genesis no more part of the book of Moses? Is it not part of the book of the law? Have you not read that every devoted thing is most holy unto the LORD, not just crops and animals? Talk about searching the scriptures. Are Abraham and Jacob's tithe not in the Bible? Did the pharisee not give tithe of all that he possessed?

You dont have to ridicule God's holy tithe even if you don't regard it. Is Deut 14:22-29 not in your bible? is Num 18:21-32 not in your bible? Is Matt 25:35-40 no longer in your bible?

You are one of those trying to make sure that tithe should be a specific format, no?

Because God was very specific about what constitutes tithe and also who was qualified to eat or receive it

More dribbling. i think i'm becoming a real source of temptation making you do all sort of dishonest dribblings. i'll have to give you some slack on this issue. Let me not kill you finally.

I know you and the crooks parading as pastors don't like hearing this part but i'll keep saying it whenever necessary.

There is no twist, the passage clearly talks of giving in proportion. Some folks say that christians should not give in proportion or percentage, like that even makes any sense. Folks would rather be senseless in order to discredit tithing. 10% is a tithe, a tithe is a tenth. This is basic junior secondary school maths.

Every giving is a proportion of what you have. even the data you deployed to post on NL is a proportion of the quantity you bought. If you agree giving should be in proportions, from whence then did 10% called tithe become standard?

A lot of rubbish and old wive's fables that i had to delete BTW, as they have no relevance to anything. We give as unto God, not unto men. Giving in church is in proper context with whatsoever you do. There is no inclination or attempt at narrowing the verse.
Col 3:23 And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men;

Your anger wont change scripture. You deleted it but couldn't resist replying it. i hear

If you dont know what 'whatsoever ye do' means, then say so to enable brethren explain it to you.

Simply take correction and move on, no need for all this story.

ok

Next time, no need to lie that i said that i've been trying to win arguments for over four years.

You've been lying and twisting scriptures to justify an obvious fraud for the past four years. I guess that sounds better and clearer to you now?

Tithing is a form of giving. Christians are not equal to the Saviour but they are His brethren and priests under the priesthood of Jesus who is a priest after the order of Melchisedec. Are you a priest? What is the order of your priesthood?
Heb 2:11 For both he that sanctifieth and they who are sanctified are all of one: for which cause he is not ashamed to call them brethren

You specifically named pastors as priests after the order of Melchizedek to justify them receiving tithes. If you believe all Christians are in that order, why single out pastors? if not to cunningly appropriate people's resources? If all Christians are priests according to what you said above, when did pastors become junior high priests over other Christians? I thought you also said Jesus receives the tithes of Christians now, when did he appoint pastors to collect from other priests on his behalf?

A christian is free to tithe, pray, read the Bible, go to church, give alms, love etc.

Then allow Christians to be free indeed and stop mandating them to follow your prescribed percentage and method of administration which favours crooks in suit

2 Likes

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Candour(m): 9:59pm On Nov 13, 2013
Image123:

Your tactics is even worse than that of the devil on Eve. At least the serpent allowed Eve to eat the fruit with her husband alone. This your style is to take everything from the needy and leave them destitute.

You're the one manipulating scripture. Coming to the torah to allocate tithes to ministers but denying the part that says folks can eat of their tithes.

If you're not manipulating scripture, who was the 'main tithe' you mentioned meant to be given to? Levites? Priests? Melchizedek? Jesus? Pastors?

Be honest and tell us who is to receive it
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Tayeni(m): 6:21am On Nov 14, 2013
Candour:
An atheist and a Muslim trying their best to save Nigerian children from avoidable health issues yet we have MOG who say the world is not their home digging their heels deep into the toys that this world provides and not bothered. Do you know how much help the money spent on one jet can do to the economy of the poor in a particular church? Yet the church founder has 4.

How do you reconcile that?
the biggest paradox of all time. Some of my gullible friends would say; the founder of that church was not "called" to shepherd the poor....but for the rich. Dem go talk say na him "special" calling be that. These "Christians" are the most selfish, insensitive set of people ever. dem go prefer to tap into the anointing of the rich pastor with their last dime than give to those who truly need it.

There is a kind of giving that's selfish. Not all giving is altruistic.

3 Likes

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Ukutsgp(m): 5:17am On Sep 14, 2014
hmm
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by truthislight: 2:12pm On Oct 18, 2014
If God knew tithing will set men free from damnation why then did he bother to send his son to die for them only to curse them for not paying tithe ?

Tithing is now more important to God that wanted to set men free right ? Why then did he bother to send his son to die ?

Were the sons of Israel not paying tithes ?
Why were they not declared righteous if tithing is all it takes ?

How can mankind that have been bought with the blood of God's son be curse on the basis of not paying tithe ?

I pity those that say gentiles/christians are curse for none payment of tithe, making christ ransom sacrifice invalid because of money/material things.

It means that God's love for material things supersedes the blood of his son.

Infact, it means that God is confuse, unable to set his priorities right.

Smh for fraud stars.

5 Likes

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by chysam: 4:27pm On Oct 18, 2014
Bidam:
So when Jesus said He has given us authority to thread upon snakes and scorpoins. Did He mean literal snakes and scorpoins? No.

Because medicine can cure a few diseases does not mean sickness is no of the devil.

Just like there a real kings and princes in the physical world so also there are demonic princes and kings in the spiritual world.

Just like there are real serpents in the physical world so also there are demonic serpents in the spiritual world.

Just as there are real insects in the physical so also there are demonic insects in the spiritual. Unless God opens your eyes you will never know these things exist

Beelzebub is called Lord of the flies. And we all know flies are insects.There are demonic pests and diseases in the spiritual world.let no one fool you.

Because we are under a new covenant does not mean we shouldn't obey the instruction of the Holy Spirit which are laws written in the hearts of believers.

Even blessings can become a curse if you do not operate the covenant estblished in Christ Jesus from Abraham by Faith.

Most christians are oppressed by the devil because the follow the ways of the world and do not understand the ways of the Spirit.

If you follow the ways of nimrod as a christian then you become a slave to babylon but if you follow the ways of the Spirit then you becoe a slave to righteousness by Faith.

Jesus says if we love Him we shuld keep HIs commandments.The commandments here are not the 10 commandments but His teachings and sayings.The Holy Spirit is the teacher and the Helper.Jesus commandments/instructions comes from the Holy Spirit in the hearts of believers and as far as i am concerned tithing is one of those instruction.

He that despise instructions will definitely embrace affliction.There is no two ways about it for the scriptures cannot be broken.

Don't be deceived the devil also gives wealth but there is a wealth God can give that can outlast the wealth of this world and comes with peace and rest if only christians will only heed the instructions from the Holy Spirit.

1.You said one of Jesus' instructions to Christians is to Tithe,please show us where it is in the bible.

2.Again you said who does not obey instructions related to tithing will be afflicted.Can you please give us reference from the bible about a Christian that got afflicted for not tithing.

3.Did Judaism and Christianity exist simultaenously?.If the answer is yes,where was tithing being observed and where wasn't it being observed?

4.Where was Saul before he embraced Christianity?.After becoming a Christian did he continue paying tithe?

5.Did Jesus tell the priests in judaism that tithing is not a weightier matter or not?.If he did,why did he say so?

6.The greatest priest ever was the physical Jesus;He was incomparable to any priest past and present because he performed unimaginable miracles that were mere dreams before his advent.If a common Levite priest deserved 10% of peoples sweat,what percentage do you think this great priest derserved?

7.According to you,it is a great offence not to tithe since Jesus even gave the instruction,why didn't himself receive tithes as the greatest priest of all?. Is it because he didn't attach any importance to it?

8.Any christian leader "must" derive his leadership inspirations firstly from christ and then from the apostles who were the pioneer leaders.Can you tell us why pastors today claim to be representing the Levite priests?.Can you tell us why they constantly say that they are equally entitled to all the benefits that the Levite priests enjoyed including the 10% from tithing?.The Levite priests were never christians even though they had 110% opportunity to become one.Infact they orchestrated and masterminded the killing of Jesus christ and even set a notorious killer free in his stead.Why would a pastor claim to be representing a group who killed the master he claim to be following because of food,meat and money?.Rather than seriously claiming to be on the side of the Christ and his apostles and infact decide without any distortions that he will live and die in their principles

9.Jesus,the apostles did not pay tithe,were they afflicted according to you?.jesus himself did not take any kind of tithe to the temple in order to observe the law of tithing,was he afflicted according to you? Did he rob God?

10.Why didn't Jesus pay nor receive tithes?

11.Long after Christ ascended,the empowerment the apostles received spiritually was still incredibly active that some of them even raised the dead back to life.According to you,were they able to do this under both affliction and curse?

12.How did early christians raise funds to run their ministry? Was it through tithing?

13.The Levite priests concerned themselves with the things of the world,so food,drinks and things of the flesh was a major concern to them.Hence they emphasised so much on worldly things and you can see why tithing then was a major issue.However Christ taught we should place spiritual matters ahead of worldly things and must not lay up treasures here on earth.This simply and without argument explains why early christian ministry remained poor and broke.Jesus was always broke,so were his disciples.This is the only reason why they wanted Mary to sell the expensive ointment rather than pour it on jesus.Each time they were on crusade,they relied on what a few people had to miraculously feed the people.Has this jesus' concept of making heavenly things more important than worldly things like tithing ect changed?

14.Is it not possible that Jesus and his disciples would have been richer than the whole of Israel if they were extorting money from such great multitudes as the bible said?

15.A christian paying and receiving tithes that his master never encouraged within "his own" religion,whose religion is he practising and where does he stand?

16.Some little minds easily claim that since all are written in the bible,its of God and must be obeyed.So why did jesus disobey and taught his followers to disobey? Why aren't such people becoming members of judaism since it is also written in the bible?.Why must they practise both judaism and Christianity at the same time and yet claim to be spiritually guided? Why then did they not continue in offering burnt offerings and animal sacrifices?.If they believe christ has died once and for all,why won't they also observe in full the other things he did and observed?

17.Who understand the scriptures better? Todays people or people of the bible?.infact some who worked with Christ face to face,one on one,head to head even wrote part of the bible.So how come a todays priest know better than them that they can even evolve reasons to defend tithing by christians even when the "REAL" christians who wrote the bible did not pay nor receive nor taught about it since it was a system and tradition of a religion standing as a competitor to them.Besides this opposite religion tried so much to exterminate christianity by spending so much funds and energy but they could not succeed because Christianity was to replace their own religion.

4 Likes

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by christemmbassey(m): 6:18pm On Oct 18, 2014
These are parts of the questions we've been asking the fraudsters and their promoters ever since.

1 Like

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by chysam: 7:40pm On Oct 18, 2014
christemmbassey:
These are parts of the questions we've been asking the fraudsters and their promoters ever since.

Brotherly,let's also look at this very pertinent point too;Even as clear and as understandable as it is,millions of people are still gullible and fall into their traps.
The "ORIGINAL" Israelites who share direct genealogy with the Levites were exempted from receiving tithes.Amongst the Israelites,only the Levites could receive tithe and then give some to Aron.Can anyone on earth for God's sake explain to me why a full blooded "NIGERIAN PASTOR" or infact anyone outside the direct family of Levi receive tithe when "REAL and ORIGINAL" Israelites didn't. Even if we are to follow the Old testament as some claim because of this tithe,at what time did God finally extend such reception outside the Levi family?.What spiritually explanation can anyone give to defend this since God made it clear that it must be for the Levite priests and some for Aron,and after this no more except that those who tithed would also enjoy part of it.Can anyone tell me why for example a Nigerian pastor is entitled to a Levitian tithe using the bible to explain this in such a way that it will corrolate with the commands in the bible.Brotherly,are you aware that Christian Israelites do not pay tithe ever since the gospel came to Israel till date.Yet the gospel originated from there.So how come it needed by God here. From my understanding,even people who practice judaism in Israel today have stopped this tradition with the disapperance of the ark of the covenant.These crooks have done these researches and hide it from their enslaved congregants.Do you know that if this practice still take place in Israel,they would make it their first reason even though only the Levites were mentiioned.

5 Likes

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by christemmbassey(m): 8:29am On Oct 19, 2014
chysam:

Brotherly,let's also look at this very pertinent point too;Even as clear and as understandable as it is,millions of people are still gullible and fall into their traps.
The "ORIGINAL" Israelites who share direct genealogy with the Levites were exempted from receiving tithes.Amongst the Israelites,only the Levites could receive tithe and then give some to Aron.Can anyone on earth for God's sake explain to me why a full blooded "NIGERIAN PASTOR" or infact anyone outside the direct family of Levi receive tithe when "REAL and ORIGINAL" Israelites didn't. Even if we are to follow the Old testament as some claim because of this tithe,at what time did God finally extend such reception outside the Levi family?.What spiritually explanation can anyone give to defend this since God made it clear that it must be for the Levite priests and some for Aron,and after this no more except that those who tithed would also enjoy part of it.Can anyone tell me why for example a Nigerian pastor is entitled to a Levitian tithe using the bible to explain this in such a way that it will corrolate with the commands in the bible.Brotherly,are you aware that Christian Israelites do not pay tithe ever since the gospel came to Israel till date.Yet the gospel originated from there.So how come it needed by God here. From my understanding,even people who practice judaism in Israel today have stopped this tradition with the disapperance of the ark of the covenant.These crooks have done these researches and hide it from their enslaved congregants.Do you know that if this practice still take place in Israel,they would make it their first reason even though only the Levites were mentiioned.
you are absolutely correct, another 8th wonder of naija christianity is how the annual tithes of herds and herbs got translated to ppls wages/salaries/profits of business every month end. Bros, TITHE IN CHRISTIANITY IS THE BIGEST FRAUD IN HUMANITY.

5 Likes

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Boss13: 8:42am On Oct 19, 2014
Elantracey:
The letter killeth but d spirit giveth life ,my advice to christian always is never to interprete d bible wit men's wisdom because d wisdom of men is like foolishness unto God ..as God 4 his wisdom and his spirit to be able to understand it bible .. .meanwhile if it's not greediness n stingines wat will make u go search scriptures just to back up ur selfish reason 4 not payin tithe moreover wat is 10% of wat ah earn wen most of money n time goes into d work of d ministry...whether it's right or rong ah dont care as long as d bible never said we shouldn't pay tithe am gonna pay tithe till jesus come ..if u dont want to pay dat should be ur decision only n dont involve others into it instead use ur tym n preach d gospel dere re still many unsaved pple in d world

Then how do you want people to interprete it. When something was written literally, you said don't interprete literally - what this craziness all about. The people who wrote the book, did they write abstractly. If a book is too hard to interprete, it is better to dump it.
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Nobody: 12:37pm On Oct 19, 2014
Boss13:

Then how do you want people to interprete it. When something was written literally, you said don't interprete literally - what this craziness all about. The people who wrote the book, did they write abstractly. If a book is too hard to interprete, it is better to dump it.

I didn't say you shouldn't interpret the bible literally I only said you shouldn't try to interpret it with mans wisdom instead let the spirit of God teach you.
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by PastorKun(m): 1:58pm On Oct 19, 2014
Elantracey:

I didn't say you shouldn't interpret the bible literally I only said you shouldn't try to interpret it with mans wisdom instead let the spirit of God teach you.

Well the spirit of God has taught us that the way tithing is being preached and practised in churches today is not only wrong but is a monumental fraud. Christians are not required to tithe by God.

2 Likes

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by hisableplc(m): 2:35pm On Oct 19, 2014
i dont think this is worth arguing but so many needs illumination of d mind by d Spirit....
If u can give ur life to Christ what is money u cant give for him mind u know where and who you tithe to so u xpand d right kingdom.
I only see people who value their properties other than their lives and the lives of others.

Acts 4:32 And the multitude of them that believed were of one heart and of one soul: neither said any of them that ought of the things which he possessed was his own; but they had all things common.

Acts 4:34 Neither was there any among them that lacked: for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the prices of the things that were sold,
Acts 4:35 And laid them down at the apostles' feet: and distribution was made unto every man according as he had need.
Acts 4:36 And Joses, who by the apostles was surnamed Barnabas, (which is, being interpreted, The son of consolation,) a Levite, and of the country of Cyprus,
Acts 4:37 Having land, sold it, and brought the money, and laid it at the apostles' feet.
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by chysam: 3:32pm On Oct 19, 2014
hisableplc:
i dont think this is worth arguing but so many needs illumination of d mind by d Spirit....
If u can give ur life to Christ what is money u cant give for him mind u know where and who you tithe to so u xpand d right kingdom.
I only see people who value their properties other than their lives and the lives of others.

Acts 4:32 And the multitude of them that believed were of one heart and of one soul: neither said any of them that ought of the things which he possessed was his own; but they had all things common.

Acts 4:34 Neither was there any among them that lacked: for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the prices of the things that were sold,
Acts 4:35 And laid them down at the apostles' feet: and distribution was made unto every man according as he had need.
Acts 4:36 And Joses, who by the apostles was surnamed Barnabas, (which is, being interpreted, The son of consolation,) a Levite, and of the country of Cyprus,
Acts 4:37 Having land, sold it, and brought the money, and laid it at the apostles' feet.

Comrade,what corrolation does the bible quotations above have with the Judaism tradition of tithing which has been fraudulently incolgated into Christianity.?.Please elaborate further and explain to us if what you just quoted is a continuation of the Malachi tithing or a new version of fund raising for the church.Interestingly a Levite is also mentioned there,could you please explain all in clear terms. We are waiting.

3 Likes

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by hisableplc(m): 4:23pm On Oct 19, 2014
Pls lets understand facts as adults concerning this issue if you feel you dont want to give no one is deeping his or her fingers in your pocket to give...i will like to ask you first have you given ur life to Christ?
|If yes then i dont think this issue is worth discussing cos if you have done that and you know the consequences of your actions as you believe, then if a scripture demands you giving a 10th or part of what you have to someone in need or the propagation of the gospel there should be no worry or concern at all....
Anyone who finds giving for God a big deal hasn't given their lives to God.
Take this for en-sample you give yourself to your spouse i mean ur whole self not the partial one we see this days, is there anything you cant give to him or her which you know you have a responsibility to take care of daily, weekly or monthly you dont find that an issue cos u r into it and mind you what you are giving to your is what you will get back in return if not even more cos i know some good ones will even add theirs and put something good on the table for you.
If No then keep ur gifts and have a relationship with Him first before you think of giving....
We emphatically teach this in our church if u dont give ur life first ur gift are not acceptable unto God so is ur choice...you cant give something insignificant if you havent give the significant...ur heart is significant any other are insgnificant
Now sometimes we really think we are doing God a favor by giving my brother we can measure what God has done for us to what we are doing for Him... it is countless and immeasurable to realistic

1 Like

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by hisableplc(m): 4:49pm On Oct 19, 2014
Well this link has this to say it made some good points take your time to read through.

Now let us consider whether tithing is required in the new covenant. Tithing is mentioned only three or four times in the New Testament. Jesus acknowledged that the Pharisees were very careful about tithing (Luke 18:12), and he said that they should not leave it undone (Matthew 23:23; Luke 11:42). Tithing, like other old covenant rules and rituals, was a law at the time Jesus spoke. Jesus criticized the Pharisees not for tithing, but for treating tithing as more important than mercy, love, justice and faithfulness.

The only other New Testament mention of tithing is in Hebrews. The fact that Abraham was blessed by and gave tithes to Melchizedek illustrates the superiority of Melchizedek and Jesus Christ over the Levitical priesthood (Hebrews 7:1-10). The passage then goes on to note that “when the priesthood is changed, the law must be changed also” (verse 12).

There was a change of the priesthood from the Levites to Jesus Christ, and this implies a change in the law that assigned the Levites to be priests. How much has been changed? Hebrews says that the old covenant is obsolete. The package of laws that commanded tithes to be given to the Levites is obsolete.

Humans should honor God by voluntarily returning some of the blessings he gives them — this is still a valid principle. The only place that a percentage is required is within the old covenant. There is good precedent for tithing before Sinai, but no proof that it was required.

Responding to the better covenant
Under the old covenant, tithing was required for the support of the old covenant ministers. The Israelites were required to give 10 percent — and their blessing was only a physical one! Christians in the new covenant have much better blessings — spiritual ones. How much more willingly ought we to give in thankfulness for the eternal blessings we have in Christ Jesus?

The Israelites were commanded to give 10 percent under a covenant that could not make them perfect (Hebrews 7:19; 9:9). How much more joyfully should we give to God under the new covenant? We have the sacrifice of Jesus Christ, which does cleanse our conscience (9:14). And yet it seems that in America today, even though we have so much more than the Israelites did, people give on average a much smaller percentage. Many people give less to the church than they spend on luxury items. Some people cannot give very much, but many people could if they wanted to. God calls on us to examine ourselves, to examine our priorities, and to be generous.

The old covenant gave us condemnation; the new covenant gives us justification and peace with God. How much more should we be willing to give freely and generously so God’s work can be done in the world — to proclaim the gospel, to declare the new covenant ministry that gives us true life, and gives that message of life to others?

People who entrust their lives to Jesus Christ do not worry about whether tithing is commanded in the New Testament. People who are being transformed by Christ to be more like Christ are generous. They want to give as much as possible to support the gospel and to support the poor. Christians should give generously — but giving is a result of their relationship with God, not a way to earn it. We are given grace through faith, not through tithing.

Some people act as if Christ liberates us from the law so that we can keep more physical blessings for ourselves. That is false — Christ liberates us so that we can be free to serve him more, as loving children and not merely as slaves. He frees us so we can have faith instead of selfishness.

When it comes to money, the real question is, Is our heart in the gospel of Jesus Christ? Are we putting our money where our heart is? We can tell where our heart is by seeing where we are putting our money. “Where your treasure is, there your heart will be also,” Jesus said (Matthew 6:21).

Needs in the new covenant ministry
In the new covenant church, there are financial needs — to support the poor, and to support the gospel by supporting those who preach it. Christians are obligated to give financial support for these needs. Let’s see how Paul explained this obligation in his second letter to the Corinthians.

Paul describes himself as a minister of the new covenant (2 Corinthians 3:6), which has much greater glory than the old (verse cool. Because of what Christ did for him in the new covenant, Christ’s love compelled Paul to preach the gospel, the message of reconciliation (2 Corinthians 5:11-21).

Paul exhorted the Corinthians “not to receive God’s grace in vain” (6:1). How were they in danger of doing this? Paul had gone out of his way to serve them, but they were withholding their affections from him (6:3-12). He asked them for a fair exchange, for them to open their hearts to him (6:13).

Paul told the Corinthians that they had a duty to give something in response to what they had been given. This response comes in terms of morality (6:14-7:1), which the Corinthians had done (7:8-13), and in terms of affection, which the Corinthians had also done (7:2-7), and in financial generosity, which Paul addresses in chapter 8. This is the way in which the Corinthians had closed their hearts to Paul and withheld their affections.

Paul cited the example of the Macedonian churches, who had given generously, even to the point of self-sacrifice (8:1-5). The example is powerful; the implications are strong that the Corinthians needed to respond to Paul’s sacrifices by making sacrifices themselves. But Paul did not make a command (8:cool. Instead, he asked first for a turning of the heart. He wanted the Corinthians to give themselves to the Lord first, and then to support Paul. He wanted their gift to be done in sincere love, not from compulsion (8:5, cool. Paul reminded them that Christ had become poor for their sakes; the implication is that the Corinthians should make financial sacrifices in return.

But then Paul reminded the Corinthians that they could not give more than they had (8:12). Nor did they have to impoverish themselves to enrich others; Paul was only aiming for equity (8:13-14). Paul again expressed confidence in their willingness to give, and added the peer pressure of the Macedonian example and the boasting he had done in Macedonia about the generosity of the Corinthians (8:24-9:5).

Paul again noted that the offering must be done willingly, not from compulsion or given grudgingly (9:5, 7). He reminded them that God rewards generosity (9:6-11) and that a good example causes people to praise God and puts the gospel in a favorable setting (9:12-14).

This was a collection for the poor in Judea. But Paul said nothing about tithing. Rather, he appealed to the new covenant environment: Christ had made many sacrifices for them, so they ought to be willing to make a few sacrifices to help one another.

In asking for this offering, Paul was also making a financial sacrifice. He had a right to receive financial support himself, but instead of that, he was asking that the offering be given to others. Paul had not asked for any financial support from Corinth (11:7-11; 12:13-16). Instead, he had been supported by Macedonians (11:9).

Paul had a right to be supported by the Corinthians, but he did not use it (1 Corinthians 9:3-15). This passage tells us more about our Christian duty to give financial support to the gospel. Workers should be able to receive benefits of their work (9:7). The old covenant even made provision for oxen to be given benefits of their work (9:9).

Throughout his appeal, Paul does not cite any laws of tithing. He says that priests received benefits from their work in the temple (9:13), but he does not cite any percentage. Their example is cited in the same way as the example of soldiers, vineyard workers, herdsmen, oxen, plowers and threshers. It is simply a general principle. As Jesus said, “The worker deserves his wages” (Luke 10:7). Paul cited the oxen and wages scriptures again in 1 Timothy 5:17-18. Elders, especially those who preach and teach, should be honored financially as well as with respect.

Jesus also commanded, “those who preach the gospel should receive their living from the gospel” (1 Corinthians 9:14). This implies that those who believe should provide a living for some who preach. There is a financial duty, and there is a promised reward for generosity (though that reward may not necessarily be physical or financial).

A need to be generous
Christians have received riches of God’s grace, and are to respond with generosity and giving. Christians are called to a life of service, sharing and stewardship. We have an obligation to do good. When we give ourselves to the Lord, we will give generously.

Jesus often taught about money. “Sell everything you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me,” said Jesus to a rich man (Luke 18:22). He said the same thing to his disciples (12:33). The new covenant demands all that we have, and that is fair, since Jesus gave all he had for us. He praised a widow who put two coins into the temple treasury, because she gave “all she had” (21:4).

Wealth is often an enemy of faith. It can “choke” people and cause them to be spiritually unfruitful (8:14). “Woe to you who are rich,” Jesus warned (6:24). He warned us about the dangers of greed (12:15) and warned about the danger of storing up wealth for self without being “rich toward God” (12:16-21). When we use wealth to help others, we gain “treasure in heaven” (12:33). This helps us have our heart in heavenly things instead of earthly, temporary things (12:34).

“No servant can serve two masters…. You cannot serve both God and money” (16:13). But money competes for our allegiance; it tempts us to seek our own desires rather than the needs of the kingdom. After the rich man went away sad, Jesus exclaimed: “How hard it is for the rich to enter the kingdom of God! Indeed, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God” (18:24-25).

Perhaps you know of someone who'd like to hear about this article. If so, go to the bottom of the page and click on "Email this page." Fill out the form, and share the good news! There's also a way to share the page on Facebook, Twitter, and other websites.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV®. Copyright ©1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.™ Used by permission of Zondervan. All rights reserved worldwide. www.zondervan.com

Other popular articles

This article was written by Michael Morrison in 1995 and updated in 2012. Copyright Grace Communion International. All rights reserved.
Conclusion
Christians need to give, to share their resources and blessings with others. They have a duty to support the preaching of the gospel, to give financial support to their spiritual leaders, and the church needs this support. If disciples of Jesus Christ can give, but do not, they are falling short.

The old covenant required 10 percent. The new covenant does not specify a percentage, nor do we. However, the new covenant admonishes people to give what they can, and tithing still provides an instructive point of comparison. For some people, 10 percent may be too much. But some will be able to give more, and some are doing so. Christians should examine their own circumstances and the better blessings they have been given in the new covenant through the atoning sacrifice of Jesus Christ for us and the gift of the Holy Spirit to us. Contributions should be given to the church for its collective work of preaching the gospel and the expenses involved in the local ministry and congregational needs.

Likewise, the new covenant does not specify any particular percentage for assisting the poor. Instead, it asks for equity — and we certainly have room for improvement in this.

The old covenant required simple percentages. Everyone knew how much was required. The new covenant has no set percentages. Instead, it requires more soul-searching, more training for the conscience, more selfless love for others, more faith, more voluntary sacrifice and less compulsion. It tests our values, what we treasure most, and where our hearts are.

Source
http://www.gci.org/law/tithing

1 Like

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Image123(m): 6:55pm On Oct 19, 2014
PastorKun:

Well the spirit of God has taught us that the way tithing is being preached and practised in churches today is not only wrong but is a monumental fraud. Christians are not required to tithe by God.

You do not have the Spirit of God.
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Goshen360(m): 7:09pm On Oct 19, 2014
Image123:

You do not have the Spirit of God.

If you have the Spirit of God too, you'll not twist scriptures but agree with the TRUTH OF THE GOSPEL OF GOD.

4 Likes

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by chysam: 8:30pm On Oct 19, 2014
hisableplc:
Pls lets understand facts as adults concerning this issue if you feel you dont want to give no one is deeping his or her fingers in your pocket to give...i will like to ask you first have you given ur life to Christ?
|If yes then i dont think this issue is worth discussing cos if you have done that and you know the consequences of your actions as you believe, then if a scripture demands you giving a 10th or part of what you have to someone in need or the propagation of the gospel there should be no worry or concern at all....
Take this for en-sample you give yourself to your spouse i mean ur whole self not the partial one we see this days, is there anything you cant give to him or her which you know you have a responsibility to take care of daily, weekly or monthly you dont find that an issue cos u r into it and mind you what you are giving to your is what you will get back in return if not even more cos i know some good ones will even add theirs and put something good on the table for you.
If No then keep ur gifts and have a relationship with Him first before you think of giving....
We emphatically teach this in our church if u dont give ur life first ur gift are not acceptable unto God so is ur choice...you cant give something insignificant if you havent give the significant...ur heart is significant any other are insgnificant
Now sometimes we really think we are doing God a favor by giving my brother we can measure what God has done for us to what we are doing for Him... it is countless and immeasurable to realistic

I disagree with your subtle approach and inducement attempt in addressing this issue. Must one who has given his life to Christ deceptively observe a tradition that is Unchristian?. You will do better using Paul as a good example in this case.Supposing you asked Paul that question?.Of course you know what his answer would be.Would you ask him to start paying tithe all over again?. From Paul's perspective,please tell us why a christian must not pay a sin tithe that no longer exist except ironically in the churches of materialistic clergies.Stop telling us what people who practiced judaism did because you are not one.Rather tell us what the christians. Who followed Jesus did because you are one.Until you make your points from the early Christian point of view,then it simply means that you and people like you have skeletons in their cupboards.

3 Likes

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by truthislight: 8:31pm On Oct 19, 2014
hisableplc:

chysam:

Comrade,what corrolation does the bible quotations above have with the Judaism tradition of tithing which has been fraudulently incolgated into Christianity.?.Please elaborate further and explain to us if what you just quoted is a continuation of the Malachi tithing or a new version of fund raising for the church. Interestingly a Levite is also mentioned there, could you please explain all in clear terms. We are waiting.

Lol.

In that his Version, levites pay tithes to pastors.

Lol.
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by truthislight: 8:48pm On Oct 19, 2014
hisableplc:

Just see Your post above, its all about give money, give money, give money, give money.

Your church is such a fund raising center.

What a money making venture.

Is giving ones live to christ all about qualifying to give money ?

Meanwhile, you forgot to answer the original question: what is a levite doing on your list of tithe payers you posted above since those people were paying tithe according to you.

Failure to answer this questions and explain what a levite is doing in that your post above is an indication that you are hoodwinking people to collect therir money on false pretence = fraud.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (43) (Reply)

Two Nigerian Pastors Use Same Woman For Same Miracle / "Muslims Attacked My Church During Crossover Night And Raped Girls"- Pastor / Apostle Johnson Suleman Reacts To Sex Scandal: "I'm Tough, Can't Bring Me Down"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 209
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.