Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,443 members, 7,808,581 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:44 PM

The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED - Religion (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED (77873 Views)

Discussion / Tithe And The True Storehouse - Malachi 3:10 / The Deception Of The Roman Catholic Mass (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (43) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Image123(m): 10:35pm On Oct 23, 2014
trustman:

Thank you for your response.
It has gone a long way to further reveal another side of you.

Congrats but no congrats. Go and get better revelation, like revelation about God and His ways. Stop having revelations about me.
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by trustman: 10:41pm On Oct 23, 2014
Image123:

Congrats but no congrats. Go and get better revelation, like revelation about God and His ways. Stop having revelations about me.
I know you enjoy these kinds of exchanges.
If I turn it now to a critical interpretation of Scripture you'll 'run for cover'
I hope you still have in mind what this thread is all about?

1 Like

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by christemmbassey(m): 11:28pm On Oct 23, 2014
Image123:

Abraham tithed before Israel was born, how do you always manage to forget that? Tithes do not need to be 'required 'before it can be given, why do you consistently fail to internerlize that? You have also been shown scriptures of Israelites who gave tithes of more than agric produce, God did not complain.
Melchi required those war spoils he got, remember, he left his house, journeyed to meet Abram and gave bread and wine to elicit what he got. He colleted d tithe in person here on earth, why didn't Jesus collect his own personallywhile he was here on earth? I keep wondering why Jesus need nairas in heaven!

6 Likes

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Image123(m): 11:35pm On Oct 23, 2014
christemmbassey:
Melchi required those war spoils he got, remember, he left his house, journeyed and gave bread and wine to elicit what he got.

What?
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Image123(m): 11:38pm On Oct 23, 2014
trustman:

I know you enjoy these kinds of exchanges.
What exchange? i don't want worthless exchange of revelations. Go and get better revelation, like revelation about God and His ways. Stop having revelations about me.

If I turn it now to a critical interpretation of Scripture you'll 'run for cover'

Like when?

I hope you still have in mind what this thread is all about?

Remind me please.
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by christemmbassey(m): 11:43pm On Oct 23, 2014
Image123:

What?
have u ever wondered why he had to rush to meet Abram on d way? Abram gave those war spoils to Melchi in appreciation, lf u did nt know, know today dat Melchi action was very clear,

1 Like

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by MarkMiwerds(m): 12:33am On Oct 24, 2014
It is foolish to use Abram's tithe to prove a man-made law.

1. Abram tithed something entirely different than the tithe you insist is to be done.
2. Abram tithed something that did not even belong to him... spoils of war that he told God he would not claim as his own.
3. It matters not that Abram tithed before the Law. Once God said his tithe was to be agricultural, spoils of war could not be tithed from any longer.
4. God wanted far less from spoils of war than a tenth... far, far less.

You argue tithes are to be observed since they were given before the law. Yet, the Word of God proves that the tithe observed before the Law was nullified once the Law was established.

4 Likes

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Nobody: 5:03am On Oct 24, 2014
Zikkyy:

you no get faith be that grin
Oh! So you now believe we give by faith and not by logic as most of your friends are insinuating here.
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Nobody: 5:10am On Oct 24, 2014
MarkMiwerds:

Yet, the Word of God proves that the tithe observed before the Law was nullified once the Law was established.
Can you quote a scripture to support this? That the abrahamic covenant was nullified? Scripture pls? Not side talks or eisegesis.

1 Like

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Goshen360(m): 5:38am On Oct 24, 2014
Bidam:
Can you quote a scripture to support this? That the abrahamic covenant was nullified? Scripture pls? Not side talks or eisegesis.

Bidam my boy, you know I love you but sometimes, you dey act dumb...... grin grin grin

Where did Mark said ABRAHAMIC COVENANT WAS NULLIFIED? What's wrong with you Bidam? Most you see tithe in everthing ni? Read what Mark said and re-read what you said...... cheesy cheesy cheesy Was Abrahamic covenant ENTERED INTO BECAUSE HE PAID TITHE?

3 Likes

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by MarkMiwerds(m): 6:55am On Oct 24, 2014
Bidam:
As Goshen so rightly pointed out, I never said the Abrahamic Covenant was nullified in my post. I said the TITHE observed before the Law was nullified.

The fact that God said His holy tithes were agricultural should be proof enough that war spoils such as "garments" "shoe straps" etc., were no longer to be tithed.

Well, it is proof enough for those of us who believe the Word of God.

1 Like

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by PastorKun(m): 7:53am On Oct 24, 2014
Bidam:

And since when did tithes become part of the Abrahamic covenant

4 Likes

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by vooks: 8:02am On Oct 24, 2014
Abraham's circumcision too is as much the Word of God as praying in tongues. Do you circumcise in obedience to the Word to fulfill all righteousness?
Image123:

Abraham's tithe is as much the Word of God as is Leviticus. Are you trying to cut out of the Bible?

4 Likes

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Nobody: 8:42am On Oct 24, 2014
PastorKun:

And since when did tithes become part of the Abrahamic covenant
Since the day you stop reading your bible with eyesalve.
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Nobody: 8:47am On Oct 24, 2014
Goshen360:

Bidam my boy, you know I love you but sometimes, you dey act dumb...... grin grin grin

Where did Mark said ABRAHAMIC COVENANT WAS NULLIFIED? What's wrong with you Bidam? Most you see tithe in everthing ni? Read what Mark said and re-read what you said...... cheesy cheesy cheesy Was Abrahamic covenant ENTERED INTO BECAUSE HE PAID TITHE?

ok quit the insult let me help your folly. Show me where tithe was annulled in the NT scriptures.pls show the word tithe there o..no be ur grammer i wan see abeg.
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by vooks: 8:55am On Oct 24, 2014
Show me where in the NT menstruating women are allowed to mingle/touch others like say in church.
Does your wife,daughter,sister or mother follow this inspired portion of the Holy Scriptures?
Leviticus 15:19-33 New International Version (NIV)

19 “‘When a woman has her regular flow of blood, the impurity of her monthly period will last seven days, and anyone who touches her will be unclean till evening.

20 “‘Anything she lies on during her period will be unclean, and anything she sits on will be unclean. 21 Anyone who touches her bed will be unclean; they must wash their clothes and bathe with water, and they will be unclean till evening. 22 Anyone who touches anything she sits on will be unclean; they must wash their clothes and bathe with water, and they will be unclean till evening. 23 Whether it is the bed or anything she was sitting on, when anyone touches it, they will be unclean till evening.

24 “‘If a man has sexual relations with her and her monthly flow touches him, he will be unclean for seven days; any bed he lies on will be unclean.

Bidam:
ok quit the insult let me help your folly. Show me where tithe was annulled in the NT scriptures.pls show the word tithe there o..no be ur grammer i wan see abeg.

2 Likes

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Nobody: 8:57am On Oct 24, 2014
MarkMiwerds:
As Goshen so rightly pointed out, I never said the Abrahamic Covenant was nullified in my post. I said the TITHE observed before the Law was nullified.
ok can you show us where it was nullified? As far as i can remember it was incorporated and regulated under the mosaic law.

The fact that God said His holy tithes were agricultural should be proof enough that war spoils such as "garments" "shoe straps" etc., were no longer to be tithed.
Tithe was never ONLY agricultural produce to start with. That's is an antithing mantra..to explain away why they don't tithe.

Well, it is proof enough for those of us who believe the Word of God.

If you really believe the word of God, you won't condemn people who give their tithes as a FORM OF GIVING since no where it is condemn in the NT and you should be in a local assembly and be actively involve in giving for the expansion of God's kingdom. Sadly you are alone.cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by vooks: 9:11am On Oct 24, 2014
Tithing BEFORE and AFTER Moses is no different any more than sacrifices BEFORE and AFTER are.
Woud you offer animal sacrifices like your Father Abraham seeing Christ nailed the Law of Moses and not Abrahamic covenant to the cross?

Tithing was strictly agricultural. Agriculture is still practiced today and if God still required it, all the farmers would gladly tithe. So pointing out from the scriptures this obvious fact is not avoiding tithing

Giving to the Kingdom of God is strictly freewill in the NT and that is what is advocated for not robbing the poor. Means don't justify the Ends in giving. it is the legalistic bondages, the Galatian Error of seeking justification from the Law that is preached against. Tithing is as valid for Christians as circumcision

Bidam:
ok can you show us where it was nullified? As far as i can remember it was incorporated and regulated under the mosaic law.

Tithe was never ONLY agricultural produce to start with. That's is an antithing mantra..to explain away why they don't tithe.

If you really believe the word of God, you won't condemn people who give their tithes as a FORM OF GIVING since no where it is condemn in the NT and you should be in a local assembly and be actively involve in giving for the expansion of God's kingdom. Sadly you are alone.cheesy
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Nobody: 9:14am On Oct 24, 2014
vooks:
Show me where in the NT menstruating women are allowed to mingle/touch others like say in church.
Does your wife,daughter,sister or mother follow this inspired portion of the Holy Scriptures?
Leviticus 15:19-33 New International Version (NIV)

19 “‘When a woman has her regular flow of blood, the impurity of her monthly period will last seven days, and anyone who touches her will be unclean till evening.

20 “‘Anything she lies on during her period will be unclean, and anything she sits on will be unclean. 21 Anyone who touches her bed will be unclean; they must wash their clothes and bathe with water, and they will be unclean till evening. 22 Anyone who touches anything she sits on will be unclean; they must wash their clothes and bathe with water, and they will be unclean till evening. 23 Whether it is the bed or anything she was sitting on, when anyone touches it, they will be unclean till evening.

24 “‘If a man has sexual relations with her and her monthly flow touches him, he will be unclean for seven days; any bed he lies on will be unclean.

This is actually a foolish analogy. Firstly the laws given to moses where based on love and not an order. God was their physician, it's just like a doctor advising you not to take sugar because you are diabetic, there are dietery laws, sanitary laws, health laws, civil laws etc which benefited the israelite and it was never meant to harm them. If you wanna argue the tithe, you should have used a financial law of equality exhibited by the early church in Acts 4.

Now i am using the word "law" here as a principle that guides human conduct and behaviour here so illiterates like you and goshen won't misquote what i said and over blow it out of proportion. And that was why Paul says a christian conduct should be governed by LOVE which is the ultimate law that encapsulate the OT Laws.

Ofcos if you love, you will give, no arguments here. Antithers that argue over a miserly 10pcent are hardly givers in their assembly. I am talking from experience here.
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Zikkyy(m): 9:29am On Oct 24, 2014
Image123:

you forget deliberately that tithe is 10% of a whole.

Zikkyy:

Says who? ya pastor?

Image123:

Basic maths.

Basic maths? you rely on basic maths for ya tithing practice? So it is basic maths that says tithe is 10% of a whole? You can keep ya definition of tithe, we will go with the bible's definition. If you ever bothered to read the bible you will see that God's tithe ranges from 0 to 10%. Let me help you....

Leviticus 27:32 (NIV)
32 Every tithe of the herd and flock—
every tenth animal that passes under the shepherd’s rod—will be holy to the Lord.

God said every 'tenth animal' that passes under the shepherd's rod belong to him. if there are only 9 animal, there is no tithe (0%), and if you have 19 animals only one gets to pass under the shepherd's rod resulting in a tithe of 5.2%. It obvious that God was not considering percentages when he was defining his tithe.

1 Like

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by vooks: 9:32am On Oct 24, 2014
So if they were based 'on love and not an order', why did they attract STIFF penalties up to death by stoning?
And are you saying that menstruation is a health problem? Is it a problem in the first case?
Nobody is disputing the benefit of the entire Torah to the Israelite so it is needless pointing so. Why such Laws with such immense benefits are no longer relevant to a Christian is the question . Note am not talking about a 2014 Christian armed with sanitary pads and tampoons, but EVERY believer right after Pentecost or Resurrection to be precise.

Arguing that since tithes are nowhere condemned in NT, I can equally argue the same over menstruation. Besides, Acts 15 is quite clear at least to the Holy Spirit as to what was necessary out of the entire Torah on the Gentile Christians. Tithes are conspicuously absent not to mention the MANY exhortations to give in the NT either for ministry or charity yet tithing is never invoked. The LOUD silence in the NT on tithing should rouse you from your ignorance

When you flash your sterling giving and tithing record, I remember the pharisee who was there and did that. I also recall the woman and her two mites. It is never the amount. In any case, yours is a selfish giving that is extracted by pious blackmail and you are just investing expecting to reap! Bad attitude
Bidam:
This is actually a foolish analogy. Firstly the laws given to moses where based on love and not an order. God was their physician, it's just like a doctor advising you not to take sugar because you are diabetic, there are dietery laws, sanitary laws, health laws, civil laws etc which benefited the israelite and it was never meant to harm them. If you wanna argue the tithe, you should have used a financial law of equality exhibited by the early church in Acts 4.

Now i am using the word "law" here as a principle that guides human conduct and behaviour here so illiterates like you and goshen won't misquote what i said and over blow it out of proportion. And that was why Paul says a christian conduct should be governed by LOVE which is the ultimate law that encapsulate the OT Laws.

Ofcos if you love, you will give, no arguments here. Antithers that argue over a miserly 10pcent are hardly givers in their assembly. I am talking from experience here.

3 Likes

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Zikkyy(m): 9:54am On Oct 24, 2014
Image123:

a tenth is a tithe.

Zikkyy:

what if the tenth is not offered/paid as tithe?

Image123:

a tenth is a tithe, offered or not.

Zikkyy:

you are saying...in a queue of vehicles waiting to purchase petrol at a station, the 'tenth' car is a tithe?

Zikkyy:

If we go by ya definition that "a tenth is a tithe", it therefore mean that the tenth car on the queue is a tithe, abi? Remember that ya definition did not say that all items must belong to one person. We can also say that the 'tenth' person (in a queue) waiting to pay for purchases at a check out counter is a tithe.

Image123:

Ridiculous conclusion, you forget deliberately that tithe is 10% of a whole.

Zikkyy:

unless you provide a proper definition of tithe, there is no way ya definition will make sense. you are yet to tell us if the tenth car waiting to be served at a petrol station should be offered as tithe to the Lord, or if the tenth person waiting to pay for purchases at a check out counter should be offered as tithe to the Lord.

Image123:

Those are foolish questions i do not need to deal with.

Hmmmn....It was you image123 that said.."a tenth is a tithe, offered or not"... now i provided examples of 'tenths' i just need you to confirm if these tenths are tithes. A simple Yes or No will do na. All am reading from you now is words like "ridiculous" or "foolish". why you dey fear na? Maybe some tenths are not tithe after all. Now you see your definition of tithe is not from God.

3 Likes

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Zikkyy(m): 10:02am On Oct 24, 2014
Image123:

You have resorted to the ridiculous, you used to present saner points than these, what happened.

trustman was right. Now that you are unable to face reality and have decided to use the emergency exit, all you do now is stand outside and throw stones at the people inside the building. If you really interested in knowing what happened, i will advise that you take some time to read the post from trustman (re-posted below)......

trustman:

Maybe like vooks said, logic and commonsense have taken leave of Image123.

2 Likes

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Zikkyy(m): 10:35am On Oct 24, 2014
Zikkyy:

This is not about the many things that belong to the Lord; it is about the 'tithe' that belong to the Lord. Yes, the earth is the Lord's but he did not command that a tithe of the 'earth' be given to Him. Instead he requested for a tithe of Farm produce.

Image123:

Like the one Abraham gave et all, there goes the circle again.

Zikkyy:

What has Abrahams tithe gat to do with Leviticus 27 where God defined his tithe? Are you trying to extend God's definition of tithe?

Image123:

Abraham's tithe is as much the Word of God as is Leviticus. Are you trying to cut out of the Bible?

Let me repeat..we are not discussing the number of times tithe was mentioned in the bible, so i don't see the relevance of Abrahams tithe here. When God gave the command to tithe, did he mention Abraham's type of tithe? The answer is No! Nobody is saying Abraham's tithe is not biblical, but when it comes to determining what, how and where tithe was to be offered by the people of Israel Abraham's type of tithe cannot be considered.

Abraham gave a tithe of war boo.ty, but the Israelite were not required to tithe war boo.ty...

Numbers 31:25-30 (NIV)
25 The Lord said to Moses, 26 “You and Eleazar the priest and the family heads of the community are to count all the people and animals that were captured. 27 Divide the spoils equally between the soldiers who took part in the battle and the rest of the community. 28 From the soldiers who fought in the battle,
set apart as tribute for the Lord one out of every five hundred, whether people, cattle, donkeys or sheep. 29 Take this tribute from their half share and give it to Eleazar the priest as the Lord’s part. 30 From the Israelites’ half, select one out of every fifty, whether people, cattle, donkeys, sheep or other animals. Give them to the Levites, who are responsible for the care of the Lord’s tabernacle.”

1 Like

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Zikkyy(m): 10:55am On Oct 24, 2014
Bidam:

Oh! So you now believe we give by faith and not by logic

I don't remember arguing that you cannot give by faith. i just don't see the link between what you are giving by faith and Malachi 3, or pastor's command to tithe. That's all.

2 Likes

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Nobody: 1:33pm On Oct 24, 2014
Zikkyy:

I don't remember arguing that you cannot give by faith. i just don't see the link between what you are giving by faith and Malachi 3, or pastor's command to tithe. That's all.
So are you saying there is nothing to be gleaned from Malachi just like Paul quoted the law of moses to teach the corinthians on GIVING to ministers?
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Nobody: 2:07pm On Oct 24, 2014
vooks:
Tithing BEFORE and AFTER Moses is no different any more than sacrifices BEFORE and AFTER are.
Woud you offer animal sacrifices like your Father Abraham seeing Christ nailed the Law of Moses and not Abrahamic covenant to the cross?
Like i always say, your scripture logic is flawed, are you reading letters or the Spirit behind the letters? You might as well take up the argument with Paul when he says we should present ourselves AS SACRIFICES to God.
Tithing was strictly agricultural. Agriculture is still practiced today and if God still required it, all the farmers would gladly tithe. So pointing out from the scriptures this obvious fact is not avoiding tithing
Scriptures never defined tithing as such. Antithers coined that definition using leviticus. A doctrine is formed when we look at the WHOLE not some single verse.it is actually an error on your part to pick a single verse and run with it. It's just like the circumcision you mentioned, do you realise that circumcision of the heart is found in the OT as well as the NT? So where did the apostles copied it from? So also the passover paul says the corinthians should keep, with the bread of sincerity and truth, do you see how he went and gleaned the spirit behind why the passover was kept by the jews? Does it mean christians should physically observe the passover because paul says to keep the festival?
Giving to the Kingdom of God is strictly freewill in the NT and that is what is advocated for not robbing the poor. Means don't justify the Ends in giving. it is the legalistic bondages, the Galatian Error of seeking justification from the Law that is preached against. Tithing is as valid for Christians as circumcision

Oga..Giving is also freewill in the OT..there is what is called free will offerings abi no be so? My argument here is christians can draw guidelines from the OT scriptures for practical giving today and that doesn't mean we come under the operation of the old covenant of judaism, in the same way apostle Paul drew largely from OT scriptures and the Law of Moses to teach about christian giving for ministers of the gospel so it is in the same manner that many Christains express their giving in the form of tithes in their churches.
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by vooks: 2:53pm On Oct 24, 2014
The flawed logic is the argument that Christ nailed to the Cross Torah but not the practice of tithing that preceded Torah. So negroes here are boasting of not attempting to keep Torah but principles established well BEFORE Torah. Tithing is flaunted as such one practice. But the same can be said of pre_Mosaic sacrifices or circumcision. Note when the Council in Jerusalem ruled that circumcision is not for Gentiles, there was no reference to Mosaic or Abrahamic, it was circumcision period. The reason being that pre-Mosaic and Mosaic circumcision was the same.

Moses was fully aware of Abraham tithing on war spoils. He goes ahead and restricts tithing to agriculture while specifying the fraction of war spoils required as an offering. You are saying that had you been a Jew you would have ignored Moses on the war spoil offering and given 10% as a tithe since Abraham did it grin Ever wondered why Moses never FOLLOWED Abraham's example of tithing out of war spoils?

I know about circumcision of the heart negro. What's the big deal with keeping BOTH that Jerusalem Council of Acts 15 discarded the physical? Circumcise your heart and the foreskin too cheesy cheesy. Was Abraham circumcision external alone? The feasts have meaning too. Keep them as well as you ponder their full meaning in Christ

The only thing we can learn from OT tithing is GIVING. We are under no obligation to GIVE and as such threatening non-tithers with hellfire or devourers runs against Freewill giving taught by Paul. Besides, tithing in the OT was not freewill; it was a COMMAND. Tithes belong to God sir! The Freewill offering of the OT were PART of the sacrificial system which attracted ZERO penalties for not keeping, in the NT they are EVERYTHING so there is no room for percentages and minimals. Got it? Why couldn't Paul,Peter or ANYBODY in the first 500 years of Christianity borrow the tithing principles and apply them? Was they blind to some revelation you stumbled across? grin grin

PS: Paul; NEVER prescribed the Feasts to nobody. Read Corinthians again
Bidam:
Like i always say, your scripture logic is flawed, are you reading letters or the Spirit behind the letters? You might as well take up the argument with Paul when he says we should present ourselves AS SACRIFICES to God.

Scriptures never defined tithing as such. Antithers coined that definition using leviticus. A doctrine is formed when we look at the WHOLE not some single verse.it is actually an error on your part to pick a single verse and run with it. It's just like the circumcision you mentioned, do you realise that circumcision of the heart is found in the OT as well as the NT? So where did the apostles copied it from? So also the passover paul says the corinthians should keep, with the bread of sincerity and truth, do you see how he went and gleaned the spirit behind why the passover was kept by the jews? Does it mean christians should physically observe the passover because paul says to keep the festival?

Oga..Giving is also freewill in the OT..there is what is called free will offerings abi no be so? My argument here is christians can draw guidelines from the OT scriptures for practical giving today and that doesn't mean we come under the operation of the old covenant of judaism, in the same way apostle Paul drew largely from OT scriptures and the Law of Moses to teach about christian giving for ministers of the gospel so it is in the same manner that many Christains express their giving in the form of tithes in their churches.
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by feedthenation(m): 3:01pm On Oct 24, 2014
With all the tithes and offerings that are collected at every service, why would Bishop Noel Jones (from Preachers of LA show) as taped in the audio link below be requesting from his members to contribute towards the payment of the church's IRS tax bill of $300k.

A far as I know a church is normally registered as a non-profit establishment and hence exempted from taxes. Where is the church's accountability. I guess if members should ask for how all their collections are been appropriated, the church will tell them to get lost. Little wonder people now view most churches as business for profit organisations.

It's so sad there is no longer accountability in our churches anymore.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFkR3HY6Iu0
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Nobody: 3:09pm On Oct 24, 2014
vooks:
So if they were based 'on love and not an order', why did they attract STIFF penalties up to death by stoning?
Why would Paul says to be carnally minded is death but to be l
'spiritually minded' is life and peace? The difference between me and you is i see the tithe as a form of giving which is an ACT of worship and a legitimate kingdom principle that is NOWHERE condemned by the apostles.
And are you saying that menstruation is a health problem? Is it a problem in the first case?
Can you quote where i said so? I mentioned sanitary(hygiene) rules amongst others.
Nobody is disputing the benefit of the entire Torah to the Israelite so it is needless pointing so. Why such Laws with such immense benefits are no longer relevant to a Christian is the question .
If they are not relevant, the apostles wouldn't have quoted them extensively to form the foundation of the NT. So i laff in tongues when 'novices' like you wake up one day to say we should discard the OT. Even the early church never had the NT for a span of 20yrs. What torah do you think they were using? Physics textbooks abi? It smacks of bible hermaneutics.
Note am not talking about a 2014 Christian armed with sanitary pads and tampoons, but EVERY believer right after Pentecost or Resurrection to be precise.
So what strawman argument are you making then so you can knock yourself out? I already showed you in previous posts where the apostles of old drew "spiritual truth" from the OT. E.g Paul using the mosaic law to drive home a simple principle about giving.
Arguing that since tithes are nowhere condemned in NT, I can equally argue the same over menstruation. Besides, Acts 15 is quite clear at least to the Holy Spirit as to what was necessary out of the entire Torah on the Gentile Christians. Tithes are conspicuously absent not to mention the MANY exhortations to give in the NT either for ministry or charity yet tithing is never invoked. The LOUD silence in the NT on tithing should rouse you from your ignorance
No, it is rather unfortunate that you are the ignorant folk here. Does Act 15 mentioned lying, disobedient to parents, covetousness, stealing,gossips, laziness,cursing,bitterness, strife, blasphemy amongst a plethora of laws found in OT? Or maybe the Holy spirit forgot to "mention" them according to you. Or did you not read where the Apostles took note that Moses was read in their synagogues every sabbath? Or is it only the 4 requirements we gentiles are adhering to till date as christians who have good conduct?
I can also argue too that if God so wanted BADLY to end tithing in all its form anywhere in the NT; there definitely would have been CLEAR condemnation of tithing in the teachings of the apostles just as there was clear condemnation on EXTERNAL circumcision as a REQUIREMENT for salvation by apostle Paul to the galatian church.
When you flash your sterling giving and tithing record, I remember the pharisee who was there and did that. I also recall the woman and her two mites. It is never the amount. In any case, yours is a selfish giving that is extracted by pious blackmail and you are just investing expecting to reap! Bad attitude
Ok...keep your bile and bitterness off the thread if you want us to argue reasonably as adults. Last time i checked the forum is anonymous so this allegations on my person which is false by the way is uncalled for. You attack the message not the persons. Or i desist quoting you. I have already told you tithe is a form of giving and believers are free to express their givings in the form of tithes today since it is nowhere condemn in the NT or even the OT.

I wonder why folks take it upon themselves to argue uneccesarily against the idea of christians tithing in church.
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Nobody: 3:17pm On Oct 24, 2014
vooks:
The flawed logic is the argument that Christ nailed to the Cross Torah but not the practice of tithing that preceded Torah. So negroes here are boasting of not attempting to keep Torah but principles established well BEFORE Torah. Tithing is flaunted as such one practice. But the same can be said of pre_Mosaic sacrifices or circumcision. Note when the Council in Jerusalem ruled that circumcision is not for Gentiles, there was no reference to Mosaic or Abrahamic, it was circumcision period. The reason being that pre-Mosaic and Mosaic circumcision was the same.

Moses was fully aware of Abraham tithing on war spoils. He goes ahead and restricts tithing to agriculture while specifying the fraction of war spoils required as an offering. You are saying that had you been a Jew you would have ignored Moses on the war spoil offering and given 10% as a tithe since Abraham did it grin Ever wondered why Moses never FOLLOWED Abraham's example of tithing out of war spoils?

I know about circumcision of the heart negro. What's the big deal with keeping BOTH that Jerusalem Council of Acts 15 discarded the physical? Circumcise your heart and the foreskin too cheesy cheesy. Was Abraham circumcision external alone? The feasts have meaning too. Keep them as well as you ponder their full meaning in Christ

The only thing we can learn from OT tithing is GIVING. We are under no obligation to GIVE and as such threatening non-tithers with hellfire or devourers runs against Freewill giving taught by Paul. Besides, tithing in the OT was not freewill; it was a COMMAND. Tithes belong to God sir! The Freewill offering of the OT were PART of the sacrificial system which attracted ZERO penalties for not keeping, in the NT they are EVERYTHING so there is no room for percentages and minimals. Got it? Why couldn't Paul,Peter or ANYBODY in the first 500 years of Christianity borrow the tithing principles and apply them? Was they blind to some revelation you stumbled across? grin grin

PS: Paul; NEVER prescribed the Feasts to nobody. Read Corinthians again
Calling me a negro will not help your case here. I humbly desist from this argument in the spirit of meekness. I await others with reasonable mindset to discuss this issue. Good luck.

NB: You keep quoting irrelevancies and attacking my person without approaching the points i raised.
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by gebest: 3:59pm On Oct 24, 2014
Goshen360:
Okay, now let's put things together and we can go into word meanings from the concordance. When the Jewish people heard 'devourer' in those days in the context of Malachi 3:10-11, how did they understood it? Simply, insects, pests, crop disease, crops\plants destroying\eating creatures, locust etc. How and when did it turned into another meaning other than what the context says? A further exposition\exegesis from the Hebrew syntax and\or word etymology will unveil the truth behind these text.

Reference to many translations here: http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Malachi%203:10-11&version=YLT

to be continue . . .
A CANAL MAN CANNOT UNDERSTAND THE THINGS OF THE SPIRIT, IF U OR UR WIFE OR UR CHILDREN ARE SICK ND U ADMIT DEM IN D HOSPITAL ND U AR SPENDING ON D BILLS DONT U KN DAT IS A DEVOURER, ABEG I KN FIT TALK JAREE, U READ D BIBLE BUT U DONT UNDERSTAND IT.

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (43) (Reply)

"Muslims Attacked My Church During Crossover Night And Raped Girls"- Pastor / Apostle Johnson Suleman Reacts To Sex Scandal: "I'm Tough, Can't Bring Me Down" / Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.