Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,949 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:51 PM

The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED - Religion (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED (77884 Views)

Discussion / Tithe And The True Storehouse - Malachi 3:10 / The Deception Of The Roman Catholic Mass (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (43) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Image123(m): 7:29pm On Oct 24, 2014
Zikkyy:

Basic maths? you rely on basic maths for ya tithing practice? So it is basic maths that says tithe is 10% of a whole? You can keep ya definition of tithe, we will go with the bible's definition. If you ever bothered to read the bible you will see that God's tithe ranges from 0 to 10%. Let me help you....

Leviticus 27:32 (NIV)
32 Every tithe of the herd and flock—
every tenth animal that passes under the shepherd’s rod—will be holy to the Lord.

God said every 'tenth animal' that passes under the shepherd's rod belong to him. if there are only 9 animal, there is no tithe (0%), and if you have 19 animals only one gets to pass under the shepherd's rod resulting in a tithe of 5.2%. It obvious that God was not considering percentages when he was defining his tithe.

How is tithe calculated in any age or form without basic maths? Do you rely on common sense when you read or write? Tithe is a tenth and a tenth is ten percent of a whole. Anyone understands that, stop being ridiculous in your attempt to win an argument. Also, quit your selective reading, comprehension and memory retention of what you've read from me on tithes. At least, you exhibited uncommon awe at my posts made months ago, enough to quote them continuously. Link them together, make good use of that God given brain of yours.
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by chysam: 7:37pm On Oct 24, 2014
TheShopKeeper:
A question to the pro-tithers' camp.

Do the present day Jews still pay their tithes (monetary or agricultural) & also do they still have to give firstfruit offerings?

Bros if any of them answer you that question,I go dash am money.
I was in Tel aviv for 3 years and had the opportunity of interacting with those who believe in Yeshua and the judizers.in order for me to understand judaism in practical terms and not just bible stories,I worshipped about 15 times with them.NOTHING like tithes,it was pure history as I asked my friend Mr Gera Natoyav. To my surprise,he told me it "WAS" the tradition of their progenitors. I challenge anyone who has been to Israel to quote me wrong.I have never for once in any church hear any pastor talk about tithe situation in Israel now,yet they frequently go on polgrimage.it is only an idiotic mind that will defend this scientific extortion of 21st century.

1 Like

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by trustman: 8:10pm On Oct 24, 2014
The Christian of today needs to know that not every directive in the OT pertains to him or is to be observed by him. 
He therefore needs to know which directive still applies to him in the church age and which one doesn't. 
A quick start is to see if the Apostles have anything to say about it. 

So, when it comes to GIVING what can the Christian glean from the lives and writings of the NT to Christians. 
Is it anything like we find in the OT, which had varied forms of giving whether pre-law or after the Law was given, or is it something completely different. 
What objective conclusion can the Christian come to?

One of the conclusions today's Christian can easily come to is that the NT has enough to say about the Christian's relationship with the OT. 
Another conclusion he can arrive at is that KEY issues relating to the Christian way of life are spelt out in the NT. Believers are now under the New Covenant of Grace, and are subject neither to pre-law customs, such as in Abraham’s day, nor the ordinances of Mosaic Law. 

One of the key things regarding Christian GIVING is that it is to be a gracious response to the grace of God the Christian has experienced. There is no compulsion in it. There is NO DEMAND placed on the Christian to give. He can choose what to give. He can equally decide HOW to give. Christian giving IS NOT LEGISLATED. No burden is placed on the Christian regarding giving. 

Therefore, when a church directs,insists manipulates OR COERCES members to give (whether it is freewill offering or tithe) that makes it anti grace. 
In the same vein when a Christian gives apart from a grace expression he is giving with a wrong motive and that giving is also anti grace. 

Sadly much of what goes for giving and tithing today fall under acts done with wrong motives and do not fall in line with the NT prescription for giving. Tithing in particular is propagated through coercion. What you find is a resort to the OT to justify it when NO SINGLE word in the New even suggests it for the Christian. 
For majority of those who tithe, if they are to be honest with themselves and open to others, their reasons for tithing is either to escape a possible negative consequence which is driven by fear (fear of some physical loss, loss of heaven, etc), or on the other hand a belief that God can be made (tricked?) to give back a physical reward to the giver. None of these is a genuine motivation to give. 

Those principles in the law still required for today are certainly found in the New Testament epistles. And in the epistles we find that tithing, like Sabbath observance and animal sacrifices, is never imposed on the believer. To the extent that tithing IS NOT PRESCRIBED ANYWHERE IN THE NEW TESTAMENT EPISTLES we can safely say that it is no longer compulsory for the Christian today.

To insist that the Christian (not the Jew or Israel) is required to pay tithe today when no portion of the Bible states so is a great perversion of scripture. To seek through all kinds of gimmicks to force the believer to do that which God himself has not stated is nothing but downright EVIL.

3 Likes

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Zikkyy(m): 8:17pm On Oct 24, 2014
Image123:

How is tithe calculated in any age or form without basic maths?

Whose tithe are you paying? God's or pastor's tithe.

I know pastor's tithe require some bit of calculation e.g. tithe of gross income, tithe of net income after deducting PAYEE, tithe of net income after deducting PAYEE, Pension, and even loan e.t.c

Image123:

Tithe is a tenth and a tenth is ten percent of a whole....

....since a tenth is 10% of a whole, therefore tithe = 10% of a whole.....

God's tithe is not a fixed 10% (ranges from 0 - 10%) so the above is not applicable. It should be applicable to pastoral tithe which starts at 10% (for stingy tithers).

Image123:

stop being ridiculous in your attempt to win an argument.

am not trying to win an argument. just having fun with ma free time. Thats all.

Image123:

Also, quit your selective reading, comprehension and memory retention of what you've read from me on tithes.

Now i know why you are not happy. Because i refuse to forget ya past blunders. Are you saying you want to start with a clean slate? This will cost you 10% for the next 6 months. since you are ma friend, i will give a discount of 2%. What sayeth thee?

1 Like

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Zikkyy(m): 8:23pm On Oct 24, 2014
gebest:

my dear when u read ur bible pray 4 insight and understanding, wen Jesus said behold i will distroy this temple and raise it in 3days, i believe u will be asking how possible wil it be. My dear tel God to open ur eyes.

You are confused.

2 Likes

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by gebest: 8:55pm On Oct 24, 2014
MarkMiwerds:
where does God say to test Him with the tithe? Is it not in Malachi? That tithe was not money.

Obviousely, it is you who needs to pray for understanding.
the truth is always bitter.
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by TheShopKeeper(m): 9:48pm On Oct 24, 2014
christemmbassey:
no o, they can not pay bc THEY ARE NO LONGER D CHILDREN OF ABRAHAM but christians are, especially those of us from Nigeria.

I like your sense of humour.
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Image123(m): 9:51pm On Oct 24, 2014
Zikkyy:

Whose tithe are you paying? God's or pastor's tithe.

I know pastor's tithe require some bit of calculation e.g. tithe of gross income, tithe of net income after deducting PAYEE, tithe of net income after deducting PAYEE, Pension, and even loan e.t.c

....since a tenth is 10% of a whole, therefore tithe = 10% of a whole.....

God's tithe is not a fixed 10% (ranges from 0 - 10%) so the above is not applicable. It should be applicable to pastoral tithe which starts at 10% (for stingy tithers).

am not trying to win an argument. just having fun with ma free time. Thats all.

Now i know why you are not happy. Because i refuse to forget ya past blunders. Are you saying you want to start with a clean slate? This will cost you 10% for the next 6 months. since you are ma friend, i will give a discount of 2%. What sayeth thee?

have fun. Others continue to understand and give the tithe without giving themselves an headache. Your tithe hasn't been missed in heaven all this while.
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Image123(m): 9:55pm On Oct 24, 2014
TheShopKeeper:
A question to the pro-tithers' camp.

Do the present day Jews still pay their tithes (monetary or agricultural) & also do they still have to give firstfruit offerings?

Whose business? They don't even believe in Jesus the last time i heard.
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by TheShopKeeper(m): 9:56pm On Oct 24, 2014
chysam:

Bros if any of them answer you that question,I go dash am money.
I was in Tel aviv for 3 years and had the opportunity of interacting with those who believe in Yeshua and the judizers.in order for me to understand judaism in practical terms and not just bible stories,I worshipped about 15 times with them.NOTHING like tithes,it was pure history as I asked my friend Mr Gera Natoyav. To my surprise,he told me it "WAS" the tradition of their progenitors. I challenge anyone who has been to Israel to quote me wrong.I have never for once in any church hear any pastor talk about tithe situation in Israel now,yet they frequently go on polgrimage.it is only an idiotic mind that will defend this scientific extortion of 21st century.

Chysam, thanks for your detailed explanation.
I have learnt something new which is, why do most of our Pastors who go to Jerusalem on pilgrimage didn't notice that the Jews don't pay tithes, yet they continue to preach about this at every service. At least the original sons of the soil i.e. Jews who are convenanted by birth through Abraham don't seem to care about the tithing practice.

The question is still open to the pro-tithers' camp, do the present day Jews still pay their tithes (monetary or agricultural) & also do they still have to give firstfruit offerings?
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by MarkMiwerds(m): 10:01pm On Oct 24, 2014
gebest:
the truth is always bitter.
which is exactly the reason you refuse to accept the truth
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by christemmbassey(m): 10:01pm On Oct 24, 2014
TheShopKeeper:

I like your sense of humour.
when it concerns fraud a Calabarman like maself is a son of Abram and an Israli a stranger, naija abracadabra..

2 Likes

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by MarkMiwerds(m): 10:03pm On Oct 24, 2014
Image123:

have fun. Others continue to understand and give the tithe without giving themselves an headache. Your tithe hasn't been missed in heaven all this while.
but it sure is missed by the extortioner behind the pulpit

1 Like

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by TheShopKeeper(m): 10:03pm On Oct 24, 2014
Image123:

Whose business? They don't even believe in Jesus the last time i heard.

Yes you're right Jews don't believe in Jesus, because they still held on to some of their laid down laws and tithing is not one of them.
They even paid their tithes during the time of Jesus, so Image123, what has not believing in Jesus got to do with tithing.

1 Like

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by christemmbassey(m): 10:05pm On Oct 24, 2014
Image123:

na which transportation you dey use carry ur tithe of naira go delive for heaven? Continue to decieve yaself!

1 Like

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by gebest: 10:07pm On Oct 24, 2014
MarkMiwerds:
which is exactly the reason you refuse to accept the truth
d truth is dat u should pay ur tithes for it is biblical, so which other truth are u talking about.
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by christemmbassey(m): 10:13pm On Oct 24, 2014
gebest:
d truth is dat u should pay ur tithes for it is biblical, so which other truth are u talking about.
Israelli christians do not pay tithe, why should Nigerians pay?

1 Like

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by gebest: 10:18pm On Oct 24, 2014
christemmbassey:
Israelli christians do not pay tithe, why should Nigerians pay?
my dear brother, so what ll it take u to pay ur tithes and fulfil all righteousness, am nt a pastor but a member of d RCCG.
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by christemmbassey(m): 10:28pm On Oct 24, 2014
gebest:
my dear brother, so what ll it take u to pay ur tithes and fulfil all righteousness, am nt a pastor but a member of d RCCG.
I Am a priest, and priests never paid tithe befor, BTW, pls, answer d question, ISRAELI CHRISTIANS/JUDAIZERS DO NOT PAY TITHES, WHY SHOULD NIGERIAN CHRISTIANS PAY?

2 Likes

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by gebest: 10:32pm On Oct 24, 2014
christemmbassey:
I Am a priest, and priests never paid tithe befor, BTW, pls, answer d question, ISRAELI CHRISTIANS/JUDAIZERS DO NOT PAY TITHES, WHY SHOULD NIGERIAN CHRISTIANS PAY?
priest of which fate? Because christ embassey pays a lot of tithes and many other offerings.
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by trustman: 10:33pm On Oct 24, 2014
gebest:

Sacrifices are biblical in the sense that they are in the Bible but are christians still required to offer sacrifices today?
The answer is No. Why not?
Something better has replaced them.
So when you guys use the 'it's biblical' or 'it is by faith' and other excuses to tithe when you try to hide your real intentions you are really being dishonest.
Ask yourself a simple question - "What is the New Covenant all about?"

1 Like

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by christemmbassey(m): 10:46pm On Oct 24, 2014
gebest:
priest of which fate? Because christ embassey pays a lot of tithes and many other offerings.
every christian is a priest Rev1:6, in addition, by d grace of God, I'm an ordain minister, I've taken time to search from begining Gen to Rev,endiing, THERE IS NO SINGLE VERSE IN D BIBLE WERE CHRISTIANS ARE ASKED/COMMANDED/ADVICED/BEGED/DIRECTED/EMPLORED ETC TO GIVE 10% OF THEIR SALARIES/WAGES/PROFITS TO GOD/CHURCH OR PASTORS EVERY DAY/WEEK/MONTH END. Dat's wiy I do not pay or recieve tithe. God bless.

1 Like

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by MarkMiwerds(m): 11:07pm On Oct 24, 2014
In the Bible, tithes were never commanded for the Church, never carried to the Church, & never controlled by the Church.

In light of those undeniable facts, who's the real "God-robber"?

Answer: The pastor or teacher that tells their congregation that God requires tithes be given to the Church.

2 Likes

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Zikkyy(m): 11:49pm On Oct 24, 2014
Image123:

Your tithe hasn't been missed in heaven all this while.

MarkMiwerds:

but it sure is missed by the extortioner behind the pulpit

grin Lol!

2 Likes

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Zikkyy(m): 11:56pm On Oct 24, 2014
gebest:

How come you are not offering burnt offering? is burnt offering not biblical?

1 Like

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by MarkMiwerds(m): 12:16am On Oct 25, 2014
Zikkyy:

wonder if he advocates marrying one's own sister. After all, that too, is Biblical. LoL

The fact is, the only "Biblical" tithes that were given to a religious institution were agricultural tithes. Quite sure the tithe he is insisting we pay is not agricultural.
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by birdman(m): 4:09am On Oct 25, 2014
considering how long this thread has been going, I wonder if I am missing something. Im getting the vibe that Nigerians have taken tithing to another level, resulting in backlash by some christians. Why is such a simple issue so contentious?
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by MarkMiwerds(m): 4:41am On Oct 25, 2014
birdman:
considering how long this thread has been going, I wonder if I am missing something. Im getting the vibe that Nigerians have taken tithing to another level, resulting in backlash by some christians. Why is such a simple issue so contentious?
It wouldn't be so contentious if preachers would stop preaching that we are robbing God and cursed if we fail to tithe our money.

For the preacher who is benefiting from the teaching of the monetary tithe, the less cookies in the cookie jar, the more belligerent he becomes with his deceitful doctrine.

1 Like

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Nobody: 5:35am On Oct 25, 2014
Zikkyy:

I still don't see the connection between Christian giving and malachi 3. can't say i understand ya question.

"not giving" results from so many reasons. is it that the person is stingy, greedy, wicked, does not have the fund to give e.t.c?
or maybe he feels he is enriching the mogs like some of you are saying here.
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by gebest: 5:59am On Oct 25, 2014
Zikkyy:

some churches are offering burnt offering, CELE for example.
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Nobody: 6:01am On Oct 25, 2014
Zikkyy:

I don't see how this can be achieved, when the pastor keep bombarding them with quotes from malachi 3.
There is nothing wrong in quoting malachi 3 just as there is nothing wrong in quoting genesis to revelation for doctrine.

Exactly the reason i say pastors should be not teaching tithe.
Is tithe not in your bible?
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by gebest: 6:02am On Oct 25, 2014
christemmbassey:
every christian is a priest Rev1:6, in addition, by d grace of God, I'm an ordain minister, I've taken time to search from begining Gen to Rev,endiing, THERE IS NO SINGLE VERSE IN D BIBLE WERE CHRISTIANS ARE ASKED/COMMANDED/ADVICED/BEGED/DIRECTED/EMPLORED ETC TO GIVE 10% OF THEIR SALARIES/WAGES/PROFITS TO GOD/CHURCH OR PASTORS EVERY DAY/WEEK/MONTH END. Dat's wiy I do not pay or recieve tithe. God bless.
in other words, Malachi 3:10 is no longer existing!

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (43) (Reply)

"Muslims Attacked My Church During Crossover Night And Raped Girls"- Pastor / Apostle Johnson Suleman Reacts To Sex Scandal: "I'm Tough, Can't Bring Me Down" / Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.