Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,396 members, 7,808,419 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:40 AM

Corpers, What Are Your Plans For The Future? - NYSC (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Corpers, What Are Your Plans For The Future? (7162 Views)

LOL! Corpers What Is Going On Here? (see Photo) / 2013 Batch C Corpers What Are Your Plans After October 16th / 2012 Batch C Corpers: What Can We Say? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Corpers, What Are Your Plans For The Future? by Aromas: 1:55pm On Oct 10, 2013
Let me share my own nice comment on this thread.
But, wot a hilarious country NIGERIA, can still remember during my days in schools n after we have graduated n went 4 our NYSC. It was so fun n happy throughout of dat year. 2month 2 end their service, appointment letters up to (3) I mean three letters has been waiting for ME with accommodation and a car loan I wish NIGERIA can still get back 2 dat 4 our graduate who have pass through so much stress 4rm d lecturers n hell 4rm d military men in camps.
Wish you best of luck like me.

1 Like

Re: Corpers, What Are Your Plans For The Future? by rammytt(m): 1:57pm On Oct 10, 2013
Yes d fool is back frm service..nairaland don change oo.if u do anyhow now na life ban .so,tame ur madness
Re: Corpers, What Are Your Plans For The Future? by adorablepepple(f): 2:06pm On Oct 10, 2013
Sllowppoisoon: Ask me same question next year undecided am happpy for them shaa smiley
alryt
Re: Corpers, What Are Your Plans For The Future? by Azone: 2:19pm On Oct 10, 2013
Cajetan speaks: Please explain what you meant by "Not that you served in Abuja, Lagos or PH"

People say wen u serve in Abuja, Lagos or PH you hardly save due to the expensive cost of living in such town.

Anyways, no matter how small the money is one should still have reserves..

Period
Re: Corpers, What Are Your Plans For The Future? by Jman06(m): 2:29pm On Oct 10, 2013
By the time i am done with service next year,i would have became a CEO insha Allah.
Re: Corpers, What Are Your Plans For The Future? by Brymo: 2:37pm On Oct 10, 2013
kizito047: dats ma dream nt urz bitch!
watz up with the naughty gal.
Re: Corpers, What Are Your Plans For The Future? by rodeo0070(m): 2:37pm On Oct 10, 2013
I think this should help:

I understand the excitement that goes with passing out of service. In fact, you are so excited, you want the whole world to know. A lot of people show this by sharing their POP pictures and NYSC Certificates on social media like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, BBM etc. You won't have to go for the CDS again, no more khaki trousers, no more of those heavy orange boots, and for some, no more issues with your LI and so on and so forth. You just can't wait to pick your NYSC Certificate and run!. The Big question is, run to where?
The truth is, it's tougher out there in the Nigerian Labour Market. As a Corper, at least you had a monthly income. But after POP, if not retained at your work place, many of you will go incomeless (if there's a word like that) and hop into the world of job search.

The bad news is: Nobody really cares about you. It's cold and rough out there and that's not funny.
The good news? I care in my own little way. Consequently, I've compiled 7 tips to help you in this process.

1)Exchange Contacts with Others and keep in Touch:

It's very common for most of us to get so drowned in the excitement of passing out. During your POP, don't just pout your lips and take photos with your supposed Corper friends. Exchange phone numbers, emails, BB Pins with them and keep in touch afterwards. This way you can know what is going on in their lives and vice versa.

2) Create a Professional Profile:

I've come to realize that a lot of fresh graduates today underestimate the importance of a professionally drafted profile. Prepare a good CV and Cover Letter and keep them handy. Always have a copy in your mail box and if possible in your phone. You never can tell where they will be needed. You don't want to lose that mouth watering job in an Oil Company in Lagos just because you couldn't provide your CV when needed. Also, go for professional courses so as to build your profile.

3) Relocate to Lagos, Abuja or Port Harcourt:

Talking about Lagos. The truth is, Lagos is a Haven of opportunities. No city in Nigeria has as much opportunities in Nigeria as Lagos. With lots of places to work and lots of things to lay your hands on, from banks to Oil firms, muiltinationals, NGOs, and even to the Entertainment industry!

Abuja is another good place to live if you are a job seeker. Though many claim that you have to know somebody who knows somebody that can give you a job. But in all, there are lots of opportunities in the Federal government parastatals, Ministries, International NGOs etc.

Last but not the least is Port Harcourt, the Oil city of Nigeria, with a bunch of opportunities in the Oil and Gas industry and other lucrative sectors.

My point is, these cities are the job hub of the nation. If you have long being a job seeker and not residing in any of these cities, I guess it's high time you packed your bags and and made a smart move to these any of these cities.

4) Network:

Leave your nest and start networking with other professionals.

5) Announce yourself:

Except for you parents and siblings, most people really do not care what you are doing. You have to tell them yourself. Let them know your are jobless and need a job.

6) Play:

All work and no play makes you dull. Do you think Exxon Mobil is looking for a dull employee? Hell No!

7)DEVELOP YOURSELF ASIDE ACADEMICS:

Vocational skills matters.

cool Subscribe to Recent Nigerian Jobs blog:

Lastly, you need to subscribe to an up-to-date job blog like mine (**winks**) to keep yourself updated with the Latest Job Vacancies in Nigeria. www.recentnigerianjobs.com

SOURCE: https://www.nairaland.com/1194881/things-corpers-should-after-pop

1 Like

Re: Corpers, What Are Your Plans For The Future? by Nobody: 4:13pm On Oct 10, 2013
Azone:

People say wen u serve in Abuja, Lagos or PH you hardly save due to the expensive cost of living in such town.

Anyways, no matter how small the money is one should still have reserves..

Period
The cost of living in Abuja is not high.... Abuja is the best place to serve especially for brilliant guys..
Re: Corpers, What Are Your Plans For The Future? by Fabulous36(f): 4:15pm On Oct 10, 2013
Welcome to the Labour Market. Its not an easy one but be very hopeful, determined and never give up and you will get there. Whenever i hear of POP i remember the day i passed out. It was a bleak future, i was so afraid cos i was from a very humble background no uncle to call and worry for a job and im a very independent person. I cried my heart out when i collected my nysc certificate. I did not see any reason to jubilate, you will not understand but today it is now history. I am not working in oil company or earning a 6 digit salary but i am working and happy and moving on a fast lane. Be patient, pray and shine your eyes too.

Keeping of contact is very important, it was one contact i had that opened all the doors of employment for me.

1 Like

Re: Corpers, What Are Your Plans For The Future? by tucute: 5:27pm On Oct 10, 2013
Congrats to all the batch C corp members...Wish you all the very best as you go about fitting into the labour market...amen
Re: Corpers, What Are Your Plans For The Future? by Lamasta(m): 6:07pm On Oct 10, 2013
Space booked. Don't ask me for what
Re: Corpers, What Are Your Plans For The Future? by naniboii: 7:33pm On Oct 10, 2013
adorablepepple: the passing out parade of the 2012/2013 batch. anxiety everywhere, some have gotten there dream jobs while serving, some have started there own business, some have met there future partners, some don't even have plans yet (That's d truth ),most of them have. to start hustling for jobs. lot would happen today.
And now,My dear corpers How do you feel today.
I wish u guys the best! And safe journey back home! cheers
congratz 2u al
Re: Corpers, What Are Your Plans For The Future? by Danieltskaa: 12:05am On Oct 11, 2013
make i prepare ma bag dey go camp 4 batch C jare
Re: Corpers, What Are Your Plans For The Future? by SenatorJames(m): 1:17am On Oct 11, 2013
@op. It seems there are few of the concerned people hear, most coments are not from the passing out corpers.

My Youthful advice is to be patience first, either you have plan already or not. Take time to meet people that are there, ask question about anywhere you want to apply to for work because there are many scammers outside. Its not neccessary you are duped before you are wise if you are not the "I can handle my life" type. If its business meet people that are into it, their experience will help you alot, even thou they may not be a graduate.

Also please minimize your spending. This is not the time to upgrade your phone from Asha 200 to Tablet, these shirts no longer meet up with my status, there will always be latest design, you are now in the real world, that time will surely come after little endurance and self denial.

Lastly be prayerful and live a holy life, you can make it without cheating, you can get job without opening your lap. Dont feel ashame when you see your mate making it, your time will also come and by then there will also be millions of your mate that will stil be behind. So dont let something called "Depression" lead you to "Desperation"

We will meet at the top
Re: Corpers, What Are Your Plans For The Future? by Chinyeresandra(f): 6:14am On Oct 11, 2013
kizito047: Wanna join politics aΩ̴̩̩̩̥d̶̲̥̅̊ loot tђε̲̣̣̣̥ country dats my numba1 agenda.no2.sleep wit all tђε̲̣̣̣̥ galz I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ tђε̲̣̣̣̥ world wit tђε̲̣̣̣̥ moni xpect my family ooo.no3 I wil divide nigeria into3.no4 I wil sell my state(imo)2 a africa country(malawi).no5 tђε̲̣̣̣̥ female bitchez N̶̲̥̅̊☺ cloth f̶̲̥̅̊o̶̲̥̅̊r̶̲̥̅̊ dem.D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ wil ßε̲̣̣̣̥ working naked.
What is this one saying?

1 Like

Re: Corpers, What Are Your Plans For The Future? by leksgcfr(m): 9:03am On Oct 11, 2013
Senator James: @op. It seems there are few of the concerned people hear, most coments are not from the passing out corpers.

My Youthful advice is to be patience first, either you have plan already or not. Take time to meet people that are there, ask question about anywhere you want to apply to for work because there are many scammers outside. Its not neccessary you are duped before you are wise if you are not the "I can handle my life" type. If its business meet people that are into it, their experience will help you alot, even thou they may not be a graduate.

Also please minimize your spending. This is not the time to upgrade your phone from Asha 200 to Tablet, these shirts no longer meet up with my status, there will always be latest design, you are now in the real world, that time will surely come after little endurance and self denial.

Lastly be prayerful and live a holy life, you can make it without cheating, you can get job without opening your lap. Dont feel ashame when you see your mate making it, your time will also come and by then there will also be millions of your mate that will stil be behind. So dont let something called "Depression" lead you to "Desperation"

We will meet at the top

Amen.
Thanks for the advice.
It will be of help. May God order we the ex-corp members who graduated yesterday.
Re: Corpers, What Are Your Plans For The Future? by gloriana(f): 3:07pm On Oct 11, 2013
rodeo0070: I think this should help:

I understand the excitement that goes with passing out of service. In fact, you are so excited, you want the whole world to know. A lot of people show this by sharing their POP pictures and NYSC Certificates on social media like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, BBM etc. You won't have to go for the CDS again, no more khaki trousers, no more of those heavy orange boots, and for some, no more issues with your LI and so on and so forth. You just can't wait to pick your NYSC Certificate and run!. The Big question is, run to where?
The truth is, it's tougher out there in the Nigerian Labour Market. As a Corper, at least you had a monthly income. But after POP, if not retained at your work place, many of you will go incomeless (if there's a word like that) and hop into the world of job search.

The bad news is: Nobody really cares about you. It's cold and rough out there and that's not funny.
The good news? I care in my own little way. Consequently, I've compiled 7 tips to help you in this process.

1)Exchange Contacts with Others and keep in Touch:

It's very common for most of us to get so drowned in the excitement of passing out. During your POP, don't just pout your lips and take photos with your supposed Corper friends. Exchange phone numbers, emails, BB Pins with them and keep in touch afterwards. This way you can know what is going on in their lives and vice versa.

2) Create a Professional Profile:

I've come to realize that a lot of fresh graduates today underestimate the importance of a professionally drafted profile. Prepare a good CV and Cover Letter and keep them handy. Always have a copy in your mail box and if possible in your phone. You never can tell where they will be needed. You don't want to lose that mouth watering job in an Oil Company in Lagos just because you couldn't provide your CV when needed. Also, go for professional courses so as to build your profile.

3) Relocate to Lagos, Abuja or Port Harcourt:

Talking about Lagos. The truth is, Lagos is a Haven of opportunities. No city in Nigeria has as much opportunities in Nigeria as Lagos. With lots of places to work and lots of things to lay your hands on, from banks to Oil firms, muiltinationals, NGOs, and even to the Entertainment industry!

Abuja is another good place to live if you are a job seeker. Though many claim that you have to know somebody who knows somebody that can give you a job. But in all, there are lots of opportunities in the Federal government parastatals, Ministries, International NGOs etc.

Last but not the least is Port Harcourt, the Oil city of Nigeria, with a bunch of opportunities in the Oil and Gas industry and other lucrative sectors.

My point is, these cities are the job hub of the nation. If you have long being a job seeker and not residing in any of these cities, I guess it's high time you packed your bags and and made a smart move to these any of these cities.

4) Network:

Leave your nest and start networking with other professionals.

5) Announce yourself:

Except for you parents and siblings, most people really do not care what you are doing. You have to tell them yourself. Let them know your are jobless and need a job.

6) Play:

All work and no play makes you dull. Do you think Exxon Mobil is looking for a dull employee? Hell No!

7)DEVELOP YOURSELF ASIDE ACADEMICS:

Vocational skills matters.

cool Subscribe to Recent Nigerian Jobs blog:

Lastly, you need to subscribe to an up-to-date job blog like mine (**winks**) to keep yourself updated with the Latest Job Vacancies in Nigeria. www.recentnigerianjobs.com

SOURCE: https://www.nairaland.com/1194881/things-corpers-should-after-pop
i cldnt agree less wit no4. Networkin is d key. If u dnt wnt 2 join d unemployment queue, i min jst sittin at home n waitin 2 b employd den u av 2 network urself wit oda professionals. A yoruba addage says " ori rin lore wa" i cn tel u i agree 100times wit dis cos am a living testimony. I ws on d move in my usual networkin spirit 1 aftnun n i met dis busines tycoon in a public bus. 1 tin led 2 d oda n guess wat? I hit a contract dt wil make me my 1st million in 1 bulk. Miracles do hapen but u av 2 b prepared 2 grab it. Get up n get movin. If u want 2 no mor abt networkin wit odas as wel as me, just buzz me. See my signature.
Re: Corpers, What Are Your Plans For The Future? by Gifted4all(m): 9:44pm On Oct 11, 2013
My little advice is first of all be patience dont jump into d employment market without vision nd goal.set ur goals rite nd make sum sef denial dats wat i call sacrifice
So with Goodluck and Patience we shall meet on top

(1) (2) (Reply)

Change Of PPA Between Two Different Local Governments / Zamfara 2015 batch b Lets Meet Here / 2013 Batch A Corpers Posted To Delta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.