Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,116 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:52 PM

How Many Time Did you normally Rinse Rice and Y?? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How Many Time Did you normally Rinse Rice and Y?? (1021 Views)

How To Prepare Rice And Sauce (pics) / How Do You Normally Make Your Indomie? / Chinese Fried Rice And Sauce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Many Time Did you normally Rinse Rice and Y?? by Ademat7(m): 8:45am On Oct 10, 2013
It wasn't funny when I was asked to cook rice,as usual as a student i rinsed it once nd d next tin fud is on fire,I was criticized(if not 4 ASUU strike) and asked to rinse it three more times it was hard 4 m to do but I accept since I dnt buy d fud wt my money.therefore I throw d question to d hauz,how many times do u rinse rice and what is ur conviction 4 rinsing for dat long??
Re: How Many Time Did you normally Rinse Rice and Y?? by CORDROSS: 8:48am On Oct 10, 2013
Reasons behind the 3 times rinse?
Re: How Many Time Did you normally Rinse Rice and Y?? by Tolexander: 8:50am On Oct 10, 2013
OP, You gat time o!
The water for inside pot go rinse and cook am for fire at the same time.
Re: How Many Time Did you normally Rinse Rice and Y?? by tmtech: 8:52am On Oct 10, 2013
grin I wonder Õoº°Úº .....in sch then, my roomate cooked his rice without rinsing at all....I no lyk dat..buh I only rinse once....I suppose dats enof to remove the dirt.....
Re: How Many Time Did you normally Rinse Rice and Y?? by Nobody: 9:00am On Oct 10, 2013
like 6 tymz then soak in hot water...den cook for a short tym nd rinse again...dont ask me y its one of mum's idiosyncrasies.....
Re: How Many Time Did you normally Rinse Rice and Y?? by dopeJemi: 9:07am On Oct 10, 2013
don't u always see a white substance coming out when u washing d rice, dats d starch, u wash it out so d rice won't get sticky
Re: How Many Time Did you normally Rinse Rice and Y?? by AbuMikey(m): 9:15am On Oct 10, 2013

If you rinse the rice 3 times,na wetin con remain to gain from the rice na ? undecided

1 Like

Re: How Many Time Did you normally Rinse Rice and Y?? by twogood: 9:27am On Oct 10, 2013
I rinse first wt cold water, then parboil, and then rinse again before i cook.
Anti-weevil sprays, dust and excessive starch have 2b washed away.
Re: How Many Time Did you normally Rinse Rice and Y?? by Obinnau(m): 9:55am On Oct 10, 2013
This got me cracking. I make sure I get rid of all the small stones and the husks residue first before washing it once and then straight to cooking the damned thing. I once had a heated discussion with my mates once in the hostel about how to cook rice, some gave the explanation that there is chemical in it, lol, that there is too much starch, plus all sort of ridiculous explanations. In short am tired joor.
Re: How Many Time Did you normally Rinse Rice and Y?? by badmeat(m): 9:58am On Oct 10, 2013
I RINSE my RICE,only TWICE,and it comes out NICE,check my rhymes!smiley

1 Like

Re: How Many Time Did you normally Rinse Rice and Y?? by degurl(f): 1:27pm On Oct 10, 2013
Different strokes for different folks.

Wash twice.The first time before cooking and the second time after parboiling to reduce the starch.
Re: How Many Time Did you normally Rinse Rice and Y?? by Ademat7(m): 12:51am On Oct 11, 2013
Front page... Mod let dis b there cos it ll let us know hw conscious pple r healthwise and to avoid toxins in foods
Re: How Many Time Did you normally Rinse Rice and Y?? by zionjewel: 9:23pm On Oct 12, 2013
Its good to rinse rice upto 3times or more before cooking. once or twice before per boiling den twice or more after depending on the nature of the rice before finally cooking it.

This helps to rid it of preservative chemicals, dirt, weevils, excess starch( for calorie checkers), and diseases due to exposure in the market.

(1) (Reply)

Yoghurt Based Fruit Salad / Mixed Vegetables Curry Sauce / Which Soup Collabo Gives You Best Satisfaction?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.