Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,041 members, 7,799,525 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:53 PM

Akon Comes To Ghana To Shoot His Music Video & Hires A Ghanaian As A Director. - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Akon Comes To Ghana To Shoot His Music Video & Hires A Ghanaian As A Director. (516 Views)

2face Son, Nino, Working On His Music Talent / I Am An Actor From Ghana , Not A Ghanaian Actor- Majid Michel - / Wizkid Loses His Music And Backup Files (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Akon Comes To Ghana To Shoot His Music Video & Hires A Ghanaian As A Director. by Wale112(m): 10:44am On Oct 10, 2013
When some of us say Ghanaians do not see anything good in other Ghanaians or find anything great in Ghana, we are easily jumped on and lynched.

When I read that Akon is in Ghana, I was happy that another African who has achieved great success in America and the world of music has decided to pay Ghana a visit.

My joy temperature went up higher when I continued reading, learning that he is in Ghana to shoot a music video of his song with two Nigerians. And even has hired a Ghanaian director to be in charge of the video.

First of all, Akon could have shot this video in anywhere of the world, including under the water and yet he decided to come to Ghana.

Secondly, he featured two Nigerians on the song and this means Nigeria was a good place for him. Yet he chooses Ghana and flew the two Nigerians to come and join him in Ghana.

What does this tell us as Ghanaians, especially our struggling musicians who will borrow money and clear all their savings to go to South Africa or London for a music video just to showcase the red London buses?

Akon can afford every location for his video and has the resource to hire whoever he wants. But he has seen something great in a Ghanaian and in Ghana. We fail to see these things and will kill ourselves just to stand by the road side in NY to shoot our music video.When will we as Ghanaians begin to read the writing on the wall?

Re: Akon Comes To Ghana To Shoot His Music Video & Hires A Ghanaian As A Director. by homesteady(m): 10:51am On Oct 10, 2013
Hello?? undecided

(1) (Reply)

Miley Cyrus Talks Liam Hemsworth Split: 'i'm Obsessed With Being Alone' / Video :"turn It Up For Jesus...all You Children Of Devil" - Don Jazzy Preaches / Emotional Reunion With Shank And His Mum In Seattle After 10 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.