Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,985 members, 7,799,366 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:46 PM

Libyan PM Ali Zeidan Freed By Kidnappers - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Libyan PM Ali Zeidan Freed By Kidnappers (5023 Views)

Ali Zeidan, Libyan Prime-Minister Kidnapped By Armed Men / Nigerian Politicians Urge Government To Withdraw Recognition Of Libyan Rebels / How do you think the current Libyan crisis will end? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Libyan PM Ali Zeidan Freed By Kidnappers by Nobody: 10:53am On Oct 10, 2013
Libyan Prime Minister Ali Zeidan has been released hours after being seized in Tripoli by militiamen loosely allied to the government.

The Libya Revolutionaries Operations Room had detained Mr Zeidan, claiming it was acting on orders from the prosecutor general.

The justice ministry denied this.

The militia was one of several groups angered by a US commando raid on Libyan soil on Saturday in which senior al-Qaeda suspect Anas al-Liby was seized.

Many saw the raid as a breach of Libyan sovereignty. There is growing pressure on the government to explain if it was involved but in a statement, the Revolutionaries Operations Room (LROR) said its actions had not been related to Mr Liby's detention.

The official Lana news agency also named another formal rebel group, the Brigade for the Fight against Crime, as being involved.

Foreign Minister Mohammed Abdelaziz later told AFP news agency that Mr Zeidan had been freed, but added: "We have no details so far on the circumstances of his release."

A government spokesman quoted by official Libyan news agency Lana also said the prime minister was free and on his way to his office.

It was unclear whether the militia had released the prime minister voluntarily or whether other security forces had intervened.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-24475187

Re: Libyan PM Ali Zeidan Freed By Kidnappers by Nobody: 12:45pm On Oct 10, 2013
Hmm, 2nd first to comment today - beginning of greater things.

It seems hide and seek is the order of the day, or what other explanation is available.
Re: Libyan PM Ali Zeidan Freed By Kidnappers by ebamma(m): 12:45pm On Oct 10, 2013
those guys phuckup sha
imagine me kidnapping president jonathan, na 3billion ransom were i go demand
Re: Libyan PM Ali Zeidan Freed By Kidnappers by Bizibi(m): 12:46pm On Oct 10, 2013
A whole p.minister,that country is in trouble
Re: Libyan PM Ali Zeidan Freed By Kidnappers by a2personal2013: 12:46pm On Oct 10, 2013
Something is not just right. Let me have a cup of hot tea and will pass my judgement.
Re: Libyan PM Ali Zeidan Freed By Kidnappers by onome324(m): 12:46pm On Oct 10, 2013
FTC
Re: Libyan PM Ali Zeidan Freed By Kidnappers by HezronLorraine(m): 12:46pm On Oct 10, 2013
Good news.just hours after kidnapped.
Re: Libyan PM Ali Zeidan Freed By Kidnappers by Brymo: 12:47pm On Oct 10, 2013
Datz wat m just watchig,gud for him.
Re: Libyan PM Ali Zeidan Freed By Kidnappers by agbalej(m): 12:47pm On Oct 10, 2013
Gud 4 him. He get luck say no b 9ja. He 4 hail.
Re: Libyan PM Ali Zeidan Freed By Kidnappers by chessguru1(m): 12:47pm On Oct 10, 2013
J̶̲̥̅̊u̶̲̥̅̊S̤̥̈̊τ̲̣̣̥ one comment and yav enta front page yakata J̶̲̥̅̊u̶̲̥̅̊S̤̥̈̊τ̲̣̣̥ like that
Re: Libyan PM Ali Zeidan Freed By Kidnappers by chessguru1(m): 12:48pm On Oct 10, 2013
ebamma: i
My guy dey book space
No be only I, na i-robot grin
Re: Libyan PM Ali Zeidan Freed By Kidnappers by Wsdm: 12:49pm On Oct 10, 2013
'On his way to the office'. Nigerian leaders- on the way to the churches/ mosques. Check out Madam Lazarus's thanksgiving of over 500m Naira. See what NATO HAVE CAUSED TO ONCE PEACEFUL COUNTRY.

2 Likes

Re: Libyan PM Ali Zeidan Freed By Kidnappers by LMAyedun(m): 12:51pm On Oct 10, 2013
Ok then.. Good for him.
Re: Libyan PM Ali Zeidan Freed By Kidnappers by Pretyangel25(f): 12:53pm On Oct 10, 2013
Na wa o, that is bad
Re: Libyan PM Ali Zeidan Freed By Kidnappers by LMAyedun(m): 12:53pm On Oct 10, 2013
chess guru:
My guy dey book space
No be only I, na i-robot grin
Why u dey f**k the dude up nw?? LOL! grin
Re: Libyan PM Ali Zeidan Freed By Kidnappers by colombiana: 12:54pm On Oct 10, 2013
[quote author=ebamma] those guys phuckup sha
[/quote hmmmmn 3b how u go take transfer the money or carry am if na cash na.
Re: Libyan PM Ali Zeidan Freed By Kidnappers by boyt1: 12:58pm On Oct 10, 2013
I just hope the ND militants don't have any hand in his abduction
Re: Libyan PM Ali Zeidan Freed By Kidnappers by Atawewe27: 1:02pm On Oct 10, 2013
How much dem collect
Re: Libyan PM Ali Zeidan Freed By Kidnappers by mankand(m): 1:12pm On Oct 10, 2013
Something that could not happen during Gadaffi's Era, I believe the west have won by turning Libya into another piece of garbage ground.

Good for the people of Libyans that have brought demise on their country
Re: Libyan PM Ali Zeidan Freed By Kidnappers by stagger: 1:14pm On Oct 10, 2013
ebamma: those guys phuckup sha

And you think you will come out alive to enjoy such money? You will be riddled with bullets and your corpse displayed to the world to see. Go and try kidnapping a president in Nigeria and see where you will end up...
Re: Libyan PM Ali Zeidan Freed By Kidnappers by chessguru1(m): 1:21pm On Oct 10, 2013
L.M Ayedun..:
Why u dey f**k the dude up nw?? LOL! grin
Hehehehehe e J̶̲̥̅̊u̶̲̥̅̊S̤̥̈̊τ̲̣̣̥ dey funny I swear. grin
Imagine entering a thread expecting to meet meaningful discourse, u J̶̲̥̅̊u̶̲̥̅̊S̤̥̈̊τ̲̣̣̥ jam person with "I" as comment grin
Re: Libyan PM Ali Zeidan Freed By Kidnappers by alexola20(m): 1:22pm On Oct 10, 2013
Re: Libyan PM Ali Zeidan Freed By Kidnappers by Newsi: 1:28pm On Oct 10, 2013
Re: Libyan PM Ali Zeidan Freed By Kidnappers by Dagoma: 1:29pm On Oct 10, 2013
Thats a joke, a whole Prime Minister kidnapped? There MUST be insiders from the internal security. Well, thank God for his release.
Re: Libyan PM Ali Zeidan Freed By Kidnappers by funstufz: 1:31pm On Oct 10, 2013
wonders shall never end...
Re: Libyan PM Ali Zeidan Freed By Kidnappers by Fazhy: 1:47pm On Oct 10, 2013
Good to know.

Re: Libyan PM Ali Zeidan Freed By Kidnappers by Wsdm: 2:07pm On Oct 10, 2013
stagger:

And you think you will come out alive to enjoy such money? You will be riddled with bullets and your corpse displayed to the world to see. Go and try kidnapping a president in Nigeria and see where you will end up...
Them go kill am, kill the president, spray bullets on bystanders, bomb the house, them go even shoot air wey nothing concern.
Re: Libyan PM Ali Zeidan Freed By Kidnappers by Kairoseki77: 2:16pm On Oct 10, 2013
This is why Obama didnt help the Syrians.

Ghadaffi was about to use his Air Force to kill 1 MILLION Libyans. Everyone kept yelling at Obama, saying it was going to be worse than the Rwandan genocide.

Obama put American lives at risk to help the Libyan people.

To thank him, the Libyan people killed an American Ambassador during Obama's reelection campaign and are continually embarassing him on the world stage by being so openly Anti-American.

These Arabs are just crazy mehn. Help them, they hate you. Don't help them, they hate you.

Their country is in anarchy, and Obama did them a favor by removing a terrorist from their country. Are they happy about it? NO! They obviously wanted the terrorist to stay and kill them.

1 Like

Re: Libyan PM Ali Zeidan Freed By Kidnappers by Asemo11(m): 2:28pm On Oct 10, 2013
boy t: I just hope the ND militants don't have any hand in his abduction
who be dis? u sure say u read wetin dem write atall
Re: Libyan PM Ali Zeidan Freed By Kidnappers by 50calibre(m): 2:28pm On Oct 10, 2013
Libya is now run by different militias, with different affiliations & agendas. This is what happens, when you think you can topple a government of over 30 years overnight & magically create a new one.

This PM nothing but a puppet, whose strings are being pulled from behind the scenes.
Re: Libyan PM Ali Zeidan Freed By Kidnappers by Ismahill(m): 2:39pm On Oct 10, 2013
LIBYAN PM FREED.NAIJA Next

(1) (2) (Reply)

Russia Is Using Old, Dumb Bombs, Making Syria Air War Even More Brutal / Hillary Clinton May Still Become The US President In 2017. Don't Condemn Joshua / Touching Image Of George H.W. Bush's Service Dog Lying By His Coffin In Texas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.