Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,314 members, 7,808,058 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:15 AM

Is It Normal For A Man To Tell His Wife To Fear Him? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Normal For A Man To Tell His Wife To Fear Him? (4050 Views)

Should We Tell His Father About His HIV Status? / Is Cheating Normal For Men? / Is It Normal For A Woman To Shout At Her Husband? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Normal For A Man To Tell His Wife To Fear Him? by kreamidiva(f): 12:12pm On Oct 10, 2013
My husband keeps arguing that i should fear him.And asks that if i don't fear him,who would i fear

Me on the other hand,I'm saying that it's only God i should FEAR but RESPECT my husband.Pls house,what do you think
Re: Is It Normal For A Man To Tell His Wife To Fear Him? by Ab025(m): 12:18pm On Oct 10, 2013
Hmmm......maybe he wants to suprise u wit 2nd wife....... grin

4 Likes

Re: Is It Normal For A Man To Tell His Wife To Fear Him? by ammyluv2002(f): 12:21pm On Oct 10, 2013
Nne, you should respect him. Being submissive doesn't mean you should fear him, you owe him total submission datz all

1 Like

Re: Is It Normal For A Man To Tell His Wife To Fear Him? by kreamidiva(f): 12:24pm On Oct 10, 2013
Ab025: Hmmm......maybe he wants to suprise u wit 2nd wife....... grin

Lol....

I made out time to read this article on fear and respect.

Respect - Earning respect + Respect vs Fear and Obedience - http://eqi.org/respect.htm
Re: Is It Normal For A Man To Tell His Wife To Fear Him? by Haywhymido(m): 1:05pm On Oct 10, 2013
Abeg show him more respect.
Re: Is It Normal For A Man To Tell His Wife To Fear Him? by Atawewe27: 1:43pm On Oct 10, 2013
Fear or respect
He be God

Fear God and you have nothing else to fear again.

1 Like

Re: Is It Normal For A Man To Tell His Wife To Fear Him? by Nobody: 1:43pm On Oct 10, 2013
Well fear is not normal.even the bible says PERFECT LOVE CASTETH OUT FEAR.IN OTHER WORDS IF YOU ARE IN LOVE WITH SOMEONE OR SOMEONE LOVES YOU,IT IS NOT POSSIBLE FOR EACH PARTY TO BE AFRAID OF THE OTHER EXCEPT OF COURSE IF HE IS MIXING UP OR INTERCHANGING FEAR WITH RESPECT.I BELEIEV HE IS REFERRING TO RESPECT.for example i love my parents,i love my siblings,i love my relatives,i respect them but i am not in any way afraid of them and the feeling is mutual
Re: Is It Normal For A Man To Tell His Wife To Fear Him? by Atawewe27: 1:47pm On Oct 10, 2013
Re: Is It Normal For A Man To Tell His Wife To Fear Him? by Atawewe27: 1:51pm On Oct 10, 2013
Lol........
If anything or anyne should be feared, it should be women

A man asking woman to fear him!
Who is to be feared after God if not women

The man need to be careful, lest d op show him that she is a woman.
Re: Is It Normal For A Man To Tell His Wife To Fear Him? by passionate88: 2:28pm On Oct 10, 2013
It isn't. Something tells me you are in the habit of arguing with your husband.

If he asks you to fear him, just keep quiet (I knw it's very hard to do that as u are a woman).
Re: Is It Normal For A Man To Tell His Wife To Fear Him? by kreamidiva(f): 3:09pm On Oct 10, 2013
passionate88: It isn't. Something tells me you are in the habit of arguing with your husband.

If he asks you to fear him, just keep quiet (I knw it's very hard to do that as u are a woman).

Noooo. No be argument. That is his point of view. That a woman should fear her husband. While I'm of a different opinion. If he goes on about it,i simply keep quiet.
Re: Is It Normal For A Man To Tell His Wife To Fear Him? by Nobody: 3:40pm On Oct 10, 2013

1 Like

Re: Is It Normal For A Man To Tell His Wife To Fear Him? by Ngokafor(f): 3:45pm On Oct 10, 2013
I would go with respect not fear.Respect is actually more sustainable than fear..

..@op perhaps he meant respect..a lot of us confuse fear for respect and vice versa...
Re: Is It Normal For A Man To Tell His Wife To Fear Him? by Nobody: 3:50pm On Oct 10, 2013
Kreami, I've been waiting for you to talk about your husband on that other thread since. You've just been dropping bits and pieces sha. Guess you're not ready to tell the full story yet. Anyway, do what you can and keep your head up but don't compromise your safety if it ever comes to that (hopefully not).
Re: Is It Normal For A Man To Tell His Wife To Fear Him? by Nobody: 4:03pm On Oct 10, 2013
My cous is like that. Told the wife to always fear him. The wife yes o for peace to reign. He was a kind of rough but we found out he was externally influenced. What did d wife do. Simply yes, I will fear u. As time goes on, my dear cous started melting without knowing it. He even insisted the wife must stay at home then. No objection.
She won him over. Now she is the one controllin his multimillion investments.
Mind u she is a graduate while he is not

Why did I tell u this close story. There r times a simple yes will do to avoid un neccessary troubles.
Its not everything that calls for argument. At times, we simple comply.
Its called wisdom and we all need it to run a successful family.

8 Likes

Re: Is It Normal For A Man To Tell His Wife To Fear Him? by kreamidiva(f): 4:21pm On Oct 10, 2013
ileobatojo: Kreami, I've been waiting for you to talk about your husband on that other thread since. You've just been dropping bits and pieces sha. Guess you're not ready to tell the full story yet. Anyway, do what you can and keep your
head up but don't compromise your safety if it ever comes to that (hopefully not).

Hahaha ... this woman! I no fit shout o. grin grin grin

The man fit see all these things so no be for my mouth you go hear anything.!

Anyway,i know what to do if push comes to shove.
Re: Is It Normal For A Man To Tell His Wife To Fear Him? by kreamidiva(f): 4:27pm On Oct 10, 2013
Ngokafor: I would go with respect not fear.Respect is actually more sustainable than fear..

..@op perhaps he meant respect..a lot of us confuse fear for respect and vice versa...

@CC and Ng, i would have thought so too but my mum told him expressly that I'm scared of him therefore there are certain things i would want to say but simply shut up out of fear. And his response was "if she doesn't fear me,who would she fear".

He repeated it in his father's presence and the man was nodding in affirmation. I told them that it's only God I'll fear and not man. I'd rather respect him.

In essence,he knows what he's saying.
Re: Is It Normal For A Man To Tell His Wife To Fear Him? by Nobody: 4:29pm On Oct 10, 2013
kreami diva:

Hahaha ... this woman! I no fit shout o. grin grin grin

The man fit see all these things so no be for my mouth you go hear anything.!

Anyway,i know what to do if push comes to shove.

kiss kiss Keep your spirits up! God dey.
Re: Is It Normal For A Man To Tell His Wife To Fear Him? by Nobody: 4:34pm On Oct 10, 2013
kreami diva:

@CC and Ng, i would have thought so too but my mum told him expressly that I'm scared of him therefore there are certain things i would want to say but simply shut up out of fear. And his response was "if she doesn't fear me,who would she fear".

He repeated it in his father's presence and the man was nodding in affirmation. I told them that it's only God I'll fear and not man. I'd rather respect him.

It seems there more to this.
Wish u luck
Re: Is It Normal For A Man To Tell His Wife To Fear Him? by kreamidiva(f): 4:40pm On Oct 10, 2013
ileobatojo:

kiss kiss Keep your spirits up! God dey.

Thank you....
Re: Is It Normal For A Man To Tell His Wife To Fear Him? by swagqueen(f): 4:58pm On Oct 10, 2013
Hmmm....
Re: Is It Normal For A Man To Tell His Wife To Fear Him? by Popowaa: 5:00pm On Oct 10, 2013
Ab025: Hmmm......maybe he wants to suprise u wit 2nd wife....... grin
gringrin
Re: Is It Normal For A Man To Tell His Wife To Fear Him? by dayokanu(m): 5:05pm On Oct 10, 2013
You better fear him because if he vex, He has an instrument that can send you to 9months of sickness and protruding tummy
Re: Is It Normal For A Man To Tell His Wife To Fear Him? by mysticgal(f): 5:17pm On Oct 10, 2013
is ileobatojo a woman
Re: Is It Normal For A Man To Tell His Wife To Fear Him? by passionate88: 5:51pm On Oct 10, 2013
kreami diva:

Noooo. No be argument. That is his point of view. That a woman should fear her husband. While I'm of a different opinion. If he goes on about it,i simply keep quiet.
Then try to avoid the topics that made him say such.
Re: Is It Normal For A Man To Tell His Wife To Fear Him? by deols(f): 5:51pm On Oct 10, 2013
This man asking to be feared. I have a thought that he probably can only get the respect by instilling fear.

He probably is the door mat where he works or among his colleagues and constantly needs the reassurance that he is a man.

who else to lord it over other than his helpless wife.

I don't know what to say to you, diva. Please make sure you don't lose your self esteem to anyone. Fear can not make your marriage work. You'd be coming from work and would prefer to stay outside for FeAR of what you'll meet when you get back. You wont be able to express yourself. That is not a way to live.
Re: Is It Normal For A Man To Tell His Wife To Fear Him? by passionate88: 6:02pm On Oct 10, 2013
mysticgal: is ileobatojo a woman
She dey behave like man sha
Re: Is It Normal For A Man To Tell His Wife To Fear Him? by passionate88: 6:03pm On Oct 10, 2013
kreami diva:

@bolded You no sabi close mouth?. I know say u like arguement die.

Fear and Respect person fit fake am, if him want u to dey fear am and u no want to fear am then fake am when him dey around. Na retort dey make sm men beat their wives
Re: Is It Normal For A Man To Tell His Wife To Fear Him? by Atawewe27: 8:15pm On Oct 10, 2013
I smell an abusive husband here

1 Like

Re: Is It Normal For A Man To Tell His Wife To Fear Him? by Nobody: 8:57pm On Oct 10, 2013
Atawewe27: I smell an abusive husband here
obviously! i dont need to be a rocket scientist to know that
Re: Is It Normal For A Man To Tell His Wife To Fear Him? by Nobody: 9:00pm On Oct 10, 2013
deols: This man asking to be feared. I have a thought that he probably can only get the respect by instilling fear.

He probably is the door mat where he works or among his colleagues and constantly needs the reassurance that he is a man.

who else to lord it over other than his helpless wife.

I don't know what to say to you, diva. Please make sure you don't lose your self esteem to anyone. Fear can not make your marriage work. You'd be coming from work and would prefer to stay outside for FeAR of what you'll meet when you get back. You wont be able to express yourself. That is not a way to live.
gbam.you have said it as it is.even the bible says FEAR HAS TORMENT. How can you be living in fear and expect you will be normal.infact after some time you ll start acting paranoid with everyone around you.some men sha.smh.all this jist don taya me abeg.hiaaaaannnn.

Arent there still normal men out there.tufiaaa
Re: Is It Normal For A Man To Tell His Wife To Fear Him? by Awakullowo: 9:08pm On Oct 10, 2013
I am 100% sure That your husband Is ibo. That Is how they do.

(1) (2) (Reply)

House Help Needed In Badagry Lagos. / For Guys Who Are 35yrs And Above And Are Not Married / 2 Day-old Baby Girl Buried Alive Rescued By Farmer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.