Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,817 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:06 AM

Please Let's Identify With Our Churches In Regards Tithing - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Please Let's Identify With Our Churches In Regards Tithing (696 Views)

Pastor Marches On His Member: What Is Happening In Our Churches Now? / Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here / Why The 'Daddy' Craze In Our Churches? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Let's Identify With Our Churches In Regards Tithing by Gombs(m): 1:20pm On Oct 10, 2013
It is not false that you are a product of Words you give attention to. In other words your character and how you tend to act is directly proportional to Words you give attention to and the thoughts they stir in your heart.

Now, I'm sure we all love our Churches and their doctrines and how they go about stuffs. I'm linking this poll to tithing. It will help us know which Churches tithe and which doesn't, know the Head Pastor/Bishop/Prophet, etc, of these tithing Churches and Churches that Preach against tithing. The few options as of now are;

1. If you know your church preach AGAINST tithing (they call it fraud by other Pators), pls identify your church

2. If you know your church DOES NOT preach AGAINST tithing, but all the same they encourage tithing and receive tithes, pls identify your church

3. If you know your Church talks about it, and you just hate the idea but still grudgingly obey, pls identify your church

4. If you know your church teach tithing principles and does not condemn it and you love tithing, pls identify your church

5. If you are in a tithing Church and you won't tithe because you think it is scamming, pls identify your Church

In that vein, let's be civilized (avoid insults and derailing) and pls give short and precise answers like my format below..and plz choose from the options given above plz.

"I am Gombs, option 4, My church CHRIST EMBASSY teaches tithing and does not condemn it and I love tithing. Pastor Chris Oyakhilome is the Head Pastor
"

God bless you ALL.

Warm regards
Gombs

1 Like

Re: Please Let's Identify With Our Churches In Regards Tithing by LambanoPeace: 1:28pm On Oct 10, 2013
I am from St Paul's Anglican Church, my Rev teaches tithing and I love paying my tithes.

BTW am I first to comment? grin

2 Likes

Re: Please Let's Identify With Our Churches In Regards Tithing by Joagbaje(m): 2:16pm On Oct 10, 2013
@gombs
Now that you have mentioned your church, what of other posters that attention your church , supposing they are 50 in number are the 50 going to post each or your post cover for them us all grin
Re: Please Let's Identify With Our Churches In Regards Tithing by Candour(m): 2:24pm On Oct 10, 2013
grin cheesy cheesy

let me predict the outcome

Tithing churches 10,000
Non tithing churches 4

Captain Gombs of the tithing churches, pls come forward for the Gold medal grin

My bro, you haf win jare cheesy
Re: Please Let's Identify With Our Churches In Regards Tithing by Gombs(m): 2:35pm On Oct 10, 2013
Joagbaje: @gombs
Now that you have mentioned your church, what of other posters that attention your church , supposing they are 50 in number are the 50 going to post each or your post cover for them us all grin

They should simply type the Church's name, even if previous posters have mentioned such church.

You can just type urs out grin
Re: Please Let's Identify With Our Churches In Regards Tithing by Gombs(m): 2:36pm On Oct 10, 2013
Candour: [s] grin cheesy cheesy

let me predict the outcome

Tithing churches 10,000
Non tithing churches 4

Captain Gombs of the tithing churches, pls come forward for the Gold medal grin

My bro, you haf win jare cheesy [/s]

If you can't write down your church, pls don't derail this thread. Thank u
Re: Please Let's Identify With Our Churches In Regards Tithing by Candour(m): 2:39pm On Oct 10, 2013
Gombs:

If you can't write down your church, pls don't derail this thread. Thank u

i'm only felicitating with you on your sure victory cheesy

dont worry, i'll be cheering you on by the side grin
Re: Please Let's Identify With Our Churches In Regards Tithing by CrazyMan(m): 2:46pm On Oct 10, 2013
I want to understand something…are Christians meant to identify with their churches or with Christ?

If my church doesn’t follow the principles of the bible, according to this your topic I’m supposed to identify with them regardless of my knowledge of the truth…right?

1 Like

Re: Please Let's Identify With Our Churches In Regards Tithing by CrazyMan(m): 3:01pm On Oct 10, 2013
Gombs: What do you understand by

"Christ is the Head of the Church?"

Pls name your church if you can't, plz don't derail the thread.

BTW tnx for stopping by
If Christ is the head of the church, and we are all on body in Christ, why then are Christians so divided?

There’s no unity amongst Christians…just confusion everywhere.

Different churches with different doctrines and believe…when I was in the university, my school had over 30 different campus fellowships, the worst is that some of these fellowships would have less than 10 members and they would operate till the end of the semester…isn’t that madness? What stops them from identifying with much bigger fellowships if they all believe that Christ is their head?

Why do Christians always have this “my church is better than yours” believe if truly they are all one body in Christ?

Thanks.
Re: Please Let's Identify With Our Churches In Regards Tithing by Gombs(m): 3:07pm On Oct 10, 2013
^^
Your opinion is duly Noted. Open a thread for that.
Nobody said His Church is berra than the other on this thread.

Meanwhile don't derail this thread. Name your church, if you cannot, plz plz dnt derail.

Cheers

1 Like

Re: Please Let's Identify With Our Churches In Regards Tithing by tpia5: 3:40pm On Oct 10, 2013
please stop asking for the names of people's churches.

and whoever is hiding my post should desist.

terrorism is not something to be admired even if you are one.
Re: Please Let's Identify With Our Churches In Regards Tithing by PastorKun(m): 4:06pm On Oct 10, 2013
Gombs: It is not false that you are a product of Words you give attention to. In other words your character and how you tend to act is directly proportional to Words you give attention to and the thoughts they stir in your heart.

Now, I'm sure we all love our Churches and their doctrines and how they go about stuffs. I'm linking this poll to tithing. It will help us know which Churches tithe and which doesn't, know the Head Pastor/Bishop/Prophet, etc, of these tithing Churches and Churches that Preach against tithing. The few options as of now are;

1. If you know your church preach AGAINST tithing (they call it fraud by other Pators), pls identify your church

2. If you know your church DOES NOT preach AGAINST tithing, but all the same they encourage tithing and receive tithes, pls identify your church

3. If you know your Church talks about it, and you just hate the idea but still grudgingly obey, pls identify your church

4. If you know your church teach tithing principles and does not condemn it and you love tithing, pls identify your church

5. If you are in a tithing Church and you won't tithe because you think it is scamming, pls identify your Church

In that vein, let's be civilized (avoid insults and derailing) and pls give short and precise answers like my format below..and plz choose from the options given above plz.

"I am Gombs, option 4, My church CHRIST EMBASSY teaches tithing and does not condemn it and I love tithing. Pastor Chris Oyakhilome is the Head Pastor
"

God bless you ALL.

Warm regards
Gombs

To answer your question I would need to know which of the three types of tithes stated in scripture you are referring to. Kindly elucidate smiley
Re: Please Let's Identify With Our Churches In Regards Tithing by Gombs(m): 4:08pm On Oct 10, 2013
Pastor Kun:

To answer your question I would need to know which of the three types of tithes stated in scripture you are referring to. Kindly elucidate smiley

Kunle just choose an option or roll over grin

If you need elucidation, open another thread or use the search engine on NL for such threads
Re: Please Let's Identify With Our Churches In Regards Tithing by tpia5: 4:09pm On Oct 10, 2013
Gombs:

Your opinion is noted. Thanks for stopping by

you are not welcome.
Re: Please Let's Identify With Our Churches In Regards Tithing by Gombs(m): 4:10pm On Oct 10, 2013
tpia@:

you are not welcome.

grin
Re: Please Let's Identify With Our Churches In Regards Tithing by frevangel(m): 4:44pm On Oct 10, 2013
I attend a church that preaches tithe and warn all hell will break loose if you don't. In fact, I was never a member of a church that doesn't.
I was a preacher in a church and preached tithe with "vehemence" until I did a personal study while still a member and church leader in the church.

The question is not IF YOUR CHURCH PREACH TITHING. The question is HAVE YOU STUDIED IT YOURSELF?

@OP, your pastor actually did not always believe in tithe in his early days in ministry. He actually preached against tithing.
If you joined Christ Embassy within the last 8 years you may not have heard about it from him.

According to him, he only believed in tithe after he tried to look for scriptures "against" tithing and "found none".
Re: Please Let's Identify With Our Churches In Regards Tithing by PastorKun(m): 4:45pm On Oct 10, 2013
Gombs:

Kunle just choose an option or roll over grin

If you need elucidation, open another thread or use the search engine on NL for such threads

How can I choose an option if I don't know which of the biblical tithes you are talking about. Or could it be the false man made version that is currently ravaging our churches? Let me know so I can choose one of your options. wink
Re: Please Let's Identify With Our Churches In Regards Tithing by Gombs(m): 4:52pm On Oct 10, 2013
fr_evangel: [s] I attend a church that preaches tithe and warn all hell will break loose if you don't. In fact, I was never a member of a church that doesn't.
I was a preacher in a church and preached tithe with "vehemence" until I did a personal study while still a member and church leader in the church.

The question is not IF YOUR CHURCH PREACH TITHING. The question is HAVE YOU STUDIED IT YOURSELF?

@OP, your pastor actually did not always believe in tithe in his early days in ministry. He actually preached against tithing.
If you joined Christ Embassy within the last 8 years you may not have heard about it from him.

According to him, he only believed in tithe after he tried to look for scriptures "against" tithing and "found none". [/s]

Just the name of the church would be enough... Just type d name of the Church you attend now that preaches against tithing

Tnx

(1) (Reply)

Forgiveness, The Best Dose For Hurt / Sinful' United Shirts Encourage Devil Worship, Warn Muslim Clerics / ALWAYS YIELD TO THE HOLY SPIRIT

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.