Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,349 members, 7,808,219 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:56 AM

Controversial Boko Haram Movie Debuts! - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Controversial Boko Haram Movie Debuts! (23299 Views)

Boko Haram Movie Banned / Glamour:boko Haram Movie Debuts / Police Ban "BOKO HARAM" Movie In Ghana (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Controversial Boko Haram Movie Debuts! by cashkid18(m): 4:05pm On Oct 10, 2013
Re: Controversial Boko Haram Movie Debuts! by Ibomo(m): 4:12pm On Oct 10, 2013
good move by Ghana censors board. the director/producer of the movie are very insensitive. you can't do a movie about a problem while d problem remains unsolved.

Thank you for your comment.
Re: Controversial Boko Haram Movie Debuts! by Nobody: 4:13pm On Oct 10, 2013
Nollywood..o! ASUU Strike => Nation Under Seige who know's what next in the stable, maybe Ex Gov Akpors dies twice
Re: Controversial Boko Haram Movie Debuts! by DonaldGenes(m): 4:14pm On Oct 10, 2013
A whooping 2.7m down the drain.just like that
Re: Controversial Boko Haram Movie Debuts! by otumfour(m): 4:15pm On Oct 10, 2013
victorazy:
God bless u and kudos to Ghana Sensor Board. Only time I don see Ghana protecting Nigeria, the way it should be like brothers than envying them.

@bolded undecided, nugga I eat,shyt and sleep in 24hrs electricity daily without hearing tht hell'like sounds of a gen-set, why tha fhuck I gotta envy som1, who can't even boast of 8hrs constant electricity? grin grin grin grin

some nigerians ehn grin grin grin grin grin funny shyt tho, I gotta hand u that.

5 Likes

Re: Controversial Boko Haram Movie Debuts! by Dannylux: 4:17pm On Oct 10, 2013
Okay, next crap?
Re: Controversial Boko Haram Movie Debuts! by psychologist(m): 4:19pm On Oct 10, 2013
alotofgrace: army.....bokoharam is dead. cheesy

bokoharam------am alive cry

sss.......video was fake undecided

we.... na una sabi, we need job grin
me.........----------.........call ASUU strike off angry
Re: Controversial Boko Haram Movie Debuts! by imperiouxx(m): 4:20pm On Oct 10, 2013
Abegi, where can I get the movie trailer before they take it off the internet?
Re: Controversial Boko Haram Movie Debuts! by SenatorM(m): 4:23pm On Oct 10, 2013
Good move. How can they produce a movie about a situation when the situation is still unsolved.
Re: Controversial Boko Haram Movie Debuts! by Mayor21(m): 4:24pm On Oct 10, 2013
Please sm1 help. .i can't create a thread. . .can Someone combine NECO and NABTEB?
Re: Controversial Boko Haram Movie Debuts! by convenantudoh(m): 4:31pm On Oct 10, 2013
dis ghanians,dey want make our boko's focus deir attention to dem ba......MIND U BUSINESS GHOLLYWOOD dis ghanians,dey want make our boko's focus deir attention to dem ba......MIND U BUSINESS GHOLLYWOOD
Re: Controversial Boko Haram Movie Debuts! by adebayogates(m): 4:36pm On Oct 10, 2013
Re: Controversial Boko Haram Movie Debuts! by victorazy(m): 4:36pm On Oct 10, 2013
otumfour:

@bolded undecided, nugga I eat,shyt and sleep in 24hrs electricity daily without hearing tht hell'like sounds of a gen-set, why tha fhuck I gotta envy som1, who can't even boast of 8hrs constant electricity? grin grin grin grin

some nigerians ehn grin grin grin grin grin funny shyt tho, I gotta hand u that.

Bros leave that thing abeg!
Ghana as a whole no match some of states in Nigeria sef meaning why their prominent actress them wan dey mry Nigerians now (u, wat r u doin in Nigerian forum?) grin even one Ghana babe dey beg me to accept her come here I swear grin
Re: Controversial Boko Haram Movie Debuts! by everyday: 4:37pm On Oct 10, 2013
Such movie might be banned in Nigeria
Re: Controversial Boko Haram Movie Debuts! by manny4life(m): 4:39pm On Oct 10, 2013
“If we can’t tell the stories of our society then we have failed as artists.”

Yes you woefully failed as artist because common sense should tell you that we're still fighting the menace called BH, releasing such nonsense can cause a lot of tension, particularly, Nigerians will see this as mockery. Good Job Ghana for banning such movies, we need to tell our stories but we have to get it right. There's time and hour for everything, even the Biafran war that was carefully thought out, the producers consulted historians and experts, and the censor board, meanwhile yours was under the table, hiding till you were caught... Once again, great job
Re: Controversial Boko Haram Movie Debuts! by crackhaus: 4:44pm On Oct 10, 2013
So the question is, would the movie still be getting this much negative attention if it was made by a Hollywood film-maker depicting a Nigerian-themed terrorist organization?

My answer? I THINK NOT!

Okay, so what Boko Haram is still active, so what they haven't been brought down. I can't count how many Hollywood films I've seen that depict terrorist activities in the middle-east, even when Bin-Laden was alive.
Of course most of these films are made to suit the time. Zero Dark Thirty was made to depict Osama's capture, The Kingdom was made when Osama was still very much alive...so what's the problem really?

No one here has seen this film, so it's possible it doesn't end with the capture of the Boko biiitches because that would be unrealistic to this time.
Abeg let them allow the film-maker profit from his movie jor. To me it's just an eye-opener to the harsh realities of what the North is going through and there's no need denying it.

To those who feel Boko Haram would get upset by it and bla bla bla, it's not like they haven't been upset ever since so no harm done.

Show the damn movie and let the cinema goers decide if it's too uncomfortable.

4 Likes

Re: Controversial Boko Haram Movie Debuts! by mariong(m): 4:46pm On Oct 10, 2013
Wrong timing. How can you release a movie like this when the country is still battling with the menace? Other movies depicting similar stories came after the country had overcome the ravaging crisis. Talk of 9/11, various wars fought, Bin Laden, Idi Amin etc.
Re: Controversial Boko Haram Movie Debuts! by nerodenero: 4:47pm On Oct 10, 2013
I remember Mel Gibson, the producer of Passion of Christ and I also remember what happened when the movie was released. This dude needs to be prepared or at best, be very careful.
Re: Controversial Boko Haram Movie Debuts! by BeraBera(f): 4:49pm On Oct 10, 2013
The movie producer, Amafo should better go and think of better things to do.
After, projecting the evil of Boko Haram in the movie, did he proffer solutions through the same movie? Did he recommend a way out of the problem through the said movie? It shouldn't end at just showcasing the evils, we know the evils already, people have witnessed BH attacks already, we don't need any more reminder of the pains, what Nigerians need now is SOLUTION, simple!

2 Likes

Re: Controversial Boko Haram Movie Debuts! by rionel(m): 4:59pm On Oct 10, 2013
i dnt knw wat dey giv to 1st people dat comment..if dey do giv pple chick am waitin 4 mine because am 1st to comment bt if dere is no chick i stil giv tanx to almighty God 4 allowing me comment 1st
Re: Controversial Boko Haram Movie Debuts! by HezronLorraine(m): 5:03pm On Oct 10, 2013
The US won't allow a movie like this.The US only allows movies with messages like this after America has become a champion again,if a movie on Osama is released now,it would be allowed,if it was when he was yet to be captured,it wouldn't.

Take a look at Argo.The CIA changed some of its story line before it was released.Movies that has to do with government secrets don't just pass like that.

The movie may be great but it's ill timed.
Re: Controversial Boko Haram Movie Debuts! by kenraj(m): 5:04pm On Oct 10, 2013
Fadelex: good move by Ghana censors board. the director/producer of the movie are very insensitive. you can't do a movie about a problem while d problem remains unsolved. "zero dark thirty" was only released after osama's death. and what do they know about boko haram that they are writing film about dem. this is y nollywood will continue to lag behind in terms of storyline. b4 u can produce a movie like dis, u need input of JTF, people that has virtually all info about dis terrorists. I hope d film will not see d light of d day in Nigeria. senseless producers that are only concerned about their pockets and not about d qualities of their produce

The film producer is Ghanaian and not a Nigerian for your info!
Re: Controversial Boko Haram Movie Debuts! by charlesditro: 5:08pm On Oct 10, 2013
alotofgrace: army.....bokoharam is dead. cheesy

bokoharam------am alive cry

sss.......video was fake undecided

we.... na una sabi, we need job grin
work for ur grave if u are alive to tak de job.
Re: Controversial Boko Haram Movie Debuts! by Nobody: 5:09pm On Oct 10, 2013
victorazy:

Bros leave that thing abeg!
Ghana as a whole no match some of states in Nigeria sef meaning why their prominent actress them wan dey mry Nigerians now (u, wat r u doin in Nigerian forum?) grin even one Ghana babe dey beg me to accept her come here I swear grin

When would you guys stop lying. Everyday a Nigerian would come here and tell us how Ghanaian women wants them. Stop the lies

3 Likes

Re: Controversial Boko Haram Movie Debuts! by Nobody: 5:10pm On Oct 10, 2013
kenraj:

The film producer is Ghanian and not a Nigeria for your info!

He is a nigerian based in Ghana get your info straighten up.

1 Like

Re: Controversial Boko Haram Movie Debuts! by 3ace(m): 5:25pm On Oct 10, 2013
I wonder how fake some scenes in the film will look like. Can they properly act the aspect of Boko boys using bombs? Na only developed nations especially USA that can make the film look real and interesting.
Re: Controversial Boko Haram Movie Debuts! by manny4life(m): 5:27pm On Oct 10, 2013
Kingmojo:

He is a nigerian based in Ghana get your info straighten up.

So Amanfo has turned to Naija name abi?
Re: Controversial Boko Haram Movie Debuts! by manny4life(m): 5:30pm On Oct 10, 2013
The face of the producer - Pascal Amanfo

The Movie - Boko Haram

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bbnaija: Housemates Throw Sir Dee Into The Pool To Celebrate His Birthday / Netflix Partners With Kunle Afolayan To Produce Three Films (Video) / Kingdom Anime/manga.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.