Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,335 members, 7,780,878 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:49 AM

FG Stops Salaries Of Striking Lecturers (ASUU) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FG Stops Salaries Of Striking Lecturers (ASUU) (24899 Views)

ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers / AAUA Begins Recruitment To Replace Striking Lecturers / Bauchi State Govt Sacks 194 Striking Lecturers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Stops Salaries Of Striking Lecturers (ASUU) by Nobody: 12:39am On Oct 11, 2013
As the ongoing strike by Academic Staff Union of Universities, ASUU, enters the fourth month, there are strong indications that the Federal Government has commenced the implementation of the “No Work, No Pay” rule.

Vanguard gathered from a reliable source at the National Universities Commission, NUC, that the government has passed a directive to the various universities governing councils to stop payment of salaries of the striking lecturers.

The ASUU Zonal Chairman in Abuja, Mr Clement Chup confirmed this yesterday after a zonal conference of ASUU, University of Abuja chapter, which took place at the Gwagwalada campus to review the nationwide strike.

He said his colleagues were yet to receive their September salaries.

According to him, “we have resorted to other welfare strategies to cope with the effect of the strike, particularly to contain the various attempts by government to break the resolve of the union. The Federal Government has through the National Universities Commission, directed universities to stop the payment of our salaries effective September this year and since then our salaries have not been paid.

“Part of the welfare strategy, involved distributing food items, giving out soft loans and cash advances to members.”

He urged members of the public to ignore the rumour that the strike has been called off. He said: “Nigerians should disregard rumours making the rounds that the three months old strike has been called off”, adding that “the strike continues until the government demonstrates a positive inclination towards implementing the 2009 agreements and the 2012 Memorandum of Understanding signed by both parties.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/10/fg-stops-salaries-striking-lecturers/

2 Likes

Re: FG Stops Salaries Of Striking Lecturers (ASUU) by Onlytruth(m): 12:53am On Oct 11, 2013
I am a STRONG supporter of No Work No Pay in this case.
Unbridled unionism should be proscribed in Nigeria's university system.
ASUU should be proscribed the same way Egypt proscribed the Moslem Brotherhood and confiscated their assets.
ASUU's assets (whatever is left of it) should be seized, sold, and their proceeds used to pay students some form of bursary as compensation/remediation for breached contract.

44 Likes

Re: FG Stops Salaries Of Striking Lecturers (ASUU) by homesteady(m): 12:56am On Oct 11, 2013
No work No pay has my 100% support!
Its because the lecturers are still receiving their salaries, that's why they are doing yanga!

26 Likes

Re: FG Stops Salaries Of Striking Lecturers (ASUU) by wesley80(m): 1:37am On Oct 11, 2013
Dont be fooled, I have complete proof that ASUU members in at least one Federal institution received their complete "one year" allowance last week! I'm a 100% sure of this.
Re: FG Stops Salaries Of Striking Lecturers (ASUU) by Nobody: 1:45am On Oct 11, 2013
wesley80: Dont be fooled, I have complete proof that ASUU members in at least one Federal institution received their complete "one year" allowance last week! I'm a 100% sure of this.

For someone who supports GEJ with his mom's life, you know you just goofed by not showing the proof but instead talking about it?

You know? You ain't got shiit..

3 Likes

Re: FG Stops Salaries Of Striking Lecturers (ASUU) by GSKing: 4:06am On Oct 11, 2013
Very good, superb strategy. No work, no pay has my full support. Let us all strike together and search for menial jobs!

12 Likes

Re: FG Stops Salaries Of Striking Lecturers (ASUU) by wesley80(m): 4:24am On Oct 11, 2013
0lumide:

For someone who supports GEJ with his mom's life, you know you just goofed by not showing the proof but instead talking about it?

I know they've been paid, I know someone that got paid and I know how much about 3 cadre's of staff received. It isnt a state secret and I'm actually more angry with the FG for making the money available before the strike is called off than I am with schools for disbursing it. Feel free to confirm from any lecturer you know at the ***** university. If you confirm its a lie, this would be the last time you see this moniker in Nairaland!
By the way if you had a mother you were proud of you'd never make reference to someone else's mom over a difference in opinion. Please accept my sincere sympathy.

56 Likes

Re: FG Stops Salaries Of Striking Lecturers (ASUU) by Nobody: 4:33am On Oct 11, 2013
0lumide:

he's ryt...they've started sharing d 30 billA...everything is not about partisanship u knw

2 Likes

Re: FG Stops Salaries Of Striking Lecturers (ASUU) by adino(m): 4:35am On Oct 11, 2013
0lumide:

You a waste to your generation and to humanity.

3 Likes

Re: FG Stops Salaries Of Striking Lecturers (ASUU) by Nobody: 4:38am On Oct 11, 2013
wesley80: I know they've been paid, I know someone that got paid and I know how much about 3 cadre's of staff received. It isnt a state secret and I'm actually more angry with the FG for making the money available before the strike is called off than I am with schools for disbursing it. Feel free to confirm from any lecturer you know at the UNIVERSITY OF BENIN. If you confirm its a lie, this would be the last time you see this moniker in Nairaland!
By the way if you had a mother you were proud of you'd never make reference to someone else's mom over a difference in opinion. Please accept my sincere sympathy.
bro how much were they paid. ..spit it here let people see how greedy these guys are...later someone ll come out to say it was d lecturers that taught d senatose who are receiving millions. ..n I can't help but wonder if it wasn't d secondary school teachers n principals who receive peanuts dt trained d lecturers. ..smh

9 Likes

Re: FG Stops Salaries Of Striking Lecturers (ASUU) by SLIDEwaxie(m): 4:56am On Oct 11, 2013
wesley80: Dont be fooled, I have complete proof that ASUU members in at least one Federal institution received their complete "one year" allowance last week! I'm a 100% sure of this.
it is true. But salary is not allowance, and the circular has just been passed.

By the way, why is the FG itself when it will still pay whateva it is trying to owe?

1 Like

Re: FG Stops Salaries Of Striking Lecturers (ASUU) by wesley80(m): 5:00am On Oct 11, 2013
SLIDE waxie: it is true. But salary is not allowance, and the circular has just been passed.

By the way, why is the FG itself when it will still pay whateva it is trying to owe?
And who needs a salary when you've got a good allowance sitting in a bank? You'd be the first to shout Aluta continua!

1 Like

Re: FG Stops Salaries Of Striking Lecturers (ASUU) by Rejoice5000(f): 5:53am On Oct 11, 2013
hmmmmmmm ok oooo iyanga dey sleep busy body go dey wake am
Re: FG Stops Salaries Of Striking Lecturers (ASUU) by agabaI23(m): 6:23am On Oct 11, 2013
UNIBEN paid a year and half earned allowance. It is no secret. Some received over a million while some under. I was reliably informed that the least paid received 700k.
Re: FG Stops Salaries Of Striking Lecturers (ASUU) by Dannyblaze01: 6:30am On Oct 11, 2013
Fire for Fire... Let's see the strongest party PDP Vs ASUU... Cross ur arms and watch as the battle line is drawn. >:
Re: FG Stops Salaries Of Striking Lecturers (ASUU) by chemashie(m): 6:42am On Oct 11, 2013
FG will still pay the money no matter what. I don't see reason why they should do that when we know fully well that the money will still be paid.
Re: FG Stops Salaries Of Striking Lecturers (ASUU) by gregg2: 6:46am On Oct 11, 2013
The No Work No Pay should commence.
Re: FG Stops Salaries Of Striking Lecturers (ASUU) by priscasmart(f): 7:00am On Oct 11, 2013
No work No Pay
Re: FG Stops Salaries Of Striking Lecturers (ASUU) by walad4yhu(m): 7:26am On Oct 11, 2013
chemashie: FG will still pay the money no matter what. I don't see reason why they should do that when we know fully well that the money will still be paid.

Ur ryt buh let em suffer as we'r suffering too cus even d strike no matter what must b call-off...

1 Like

Re: FG Stops Salaries Of Striking Lecturers (ASUU) by Demdem(m): 7:29am On Oct 11, 2013

One year out of how many being owned.
Are u sure that money is inside the lecturers accounts?
No work no pay isn't new. I support ASUU 100%.
Now is the time to finish this war.
Govt can't be trusted. Other unions knows this..

8 Likes

Re: FG Stops Salaries Of Striking Lecturers (ASUU) by 3ace(m): 7:31am On Oct 11, 2013
homesteady: No work No pay has my 100% support!
Its because the lecturers are still receiving their salaries, that's why they are doing yanga!
They are not doing yanga, they have a just course. As far as I'm concerned, FG is the cause of this strike. Why would you enter into an agreement and refuse to play your own part of the deal? Little wonder why they make laws and break it at will. Our leaders don't respect agreement. And if you think the country don't have the necessary funding for our universities, it's a big LIE! They borrow money and continue to indebt this country just to fool us that there's no money but people like us know better. The recent $300m loan from China is highly preposterous. Another name for the Nigerian oil sector is secrecy. No one knows exactly how much we are making and the National Assembly has refused to pass the PIB. Bunch of thieves! The lecturers are supposed to be adequately compensated for their hardwork in developing themselves intellectually. Not some school cert, Toronto graduates who just accidentally found their ways into the corridor of power, milking this country.

20 Likes

Re: FG Stops Salaries Of Striking Lecturers (ASUU) by Demdem(m): 7:33am On Oct 11, 2013
agabaI23: UNIBEN paid a year and half earned allowance. It is no secret. Some received over a million while some under. I was reliably informed that the least paid received 700k.

Don't make it sound as if the govt is doing them a favour. This is money being owed them over the years and its their right.
Besides, what abbout the remaining. Until ASUU receives all what they are being owned, I don't expect them in classes.

4 Likes

Re: FG Stops Salaries Of Striking Lecturers (ASUU) by 3ace(m): 7:34am On Oct 11, 2013
gregg2: The No Work No Pay should commence.
I pray it won't take too long before you recognise the fact that our leaders are callous.

1 Like

Re: FG Stops Salaries Of Striking Lecturers (ASUU) by 3ace(m): 7:45am On Oct 11, 2013
GSKing: Very good, superb strategy. No work, no pay has my full support. Let us all strike together and search for menial jobs!
While your politicians continue to massively feed on our resources from the comfort of their homes and offices? I feel like crying at the moment because with this mindset, I doubt we will be able to deliver ourselves from these devils. In case you don't know, how problem is not epileptic power supply, poverty, bad roads, dilapidated health facilities, abysmal economy e.t.c, our problem is bad leadership. They are our problem, let's join hands and fight them.

5 Likes

Re: FG Stops Salaries Of Striking Lecturers (ASUU) by yunglykmine(m): 7:47am On Oct 11, 2013
This action can't actually help the strike.
What a country we live in. undecided
Re: FG Stops Salaries Of Striking Lecturers (ASUU) by wesley80(m): 8:05am On Oct 11, 2013
Demdem:

One year out of how many being owned.
Are u sure that money is inside the lecturers accounts?
No work no pay isn't new. I support ASUU 100%.
Now is the time to finish this war.
Govt can't be trusted. Other unions knows this..
Oponu, lecturers have been paid you're asking if the money is in their accounts, what biz of mine is it where the money is? Last week you called me names when I broke the news now that it's been confirmed by others you're askin for bank confirmations. Abeg shift make I see road.

8 Likes

Re: FG Stops Salaries Of Striking Lecturers (ASUU) by DonMagicJuan: 8:13am On Oct 11, 2013
FG should not only stop their salaries but also evict any occupying staff quarters and also give them 30 days ultimatum to return back to work or get the sack.

Enuff is enuff!

4 Likes

Re: FG Stops Salaries Of Striking Lecturers (ASUU) by dridowu: 8:22am On Oct 11, 2013
They are just keeping it for them for future use. They will pay it back when the strike is call off and if not another round of strike looms

3 Likes

Re: FG Stops Salaries Of Striking Lecturers (ASUU) by donphilopus: 8:34am On Oct 11, 2013
Let them settle everything and call of the strike...
Abi Una wan say make dose corrupt Lecturers tel some Lazy students say No Reading! No Pass.
When we fully know most of them are corrupt

1 Like

Re: FG Stops Salaries Of Striking Lecturers (ASUU) by skyscraperTM(m): 8:35am On Oct 11, 2013
i`m 100% in support !
#TeamGodPunishAsuu

1 Like

Re: FG Stops Salaries Of Striking Lecturers (ASUU) by kayClt(f): 8:48am On Oct 11, 2013
I agree wit dis rule in as much as the FG are not finding solutions to this strike but dose old cargo's r not bein considerate @ all,dey r busy collecting salaries n staying @ home while students get involved in Mysterious tins jst to make ends mee. d moni involved is is quit a huge sum,we hv other tins to solve in dis country esp d issue of unemployment,is not even a sure tin dat dis students nw r guaranteed of jobs if dey eventually graduate,so y suffer dem nw.dey shuld aslo stay @ home wit d students n let dem feel d pain dat students r passin tru.

3 Likes

Re: FG Stops Salaries Of Striking Lecturers (ASUU) by Nobody: 8:49am On Oct 11, 2013
ASUU can never be owed by anyone. Govt shall pay and its hands will be washed by water in case there are remnants sticking there. When ASUU calls off the strike, no pay no work policy would start again. For more than one year now, at every congress of ASUU, it has always been discoursed that this strike may go on for two years and the lecturers knew what they were in for before the strike commenced. No one will back down in this struggle to reposition the universities in this country. No work no pay will eventually become no pay no work. Govt will beg to pay and even ASUU will refuse to collect. They shall pay in multiple folds. Some of you think ASUU is like other toothless union in Naija. Or you think is like that agbero union some of ya papa belong to.

16 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What's The Difference Between A Smart Student And A Brilliant Student / A'eesha Humayrah Abaji, ABU Best Graduating Medical Student / Don't Engage In Online Lectures - ASUU Warns Members

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.