Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,015 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:27 AM

Haruna Lukman Deserves Eagles Call Up - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Haruna Lukman Deserves Eagles Call Up (15830 Views)

Abdul Haruna Slumps & Dies During Match / Nigerian Players That Deserve Super Eagles Call-up / Mikel Obi Starts For Chelsea But Turned Down Super Eagles Call (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Haruna Lukman Deserves Eagles Call Up by pabloaimar(m): 5:57pm On Oct 11, 2013
WHY? This team don't need him... Period!
Re: Haruna Lukman Deserves Eagles Call Up by Bash92(m): 5:59pm On Oct 11, 2013
Haruna Lukman was the captain of the under 17 team that one the under 17 world cup in korea in 2007. He is the only noticeable player in that team currently playing top flight football the rest are no where to be found.
He plays for DYNAMO KIEV (same club as IDEYE) and a guaranteed starter even when ideye is no more in Dynamo first 11.
Better than Mba,ogu and ogude....the guy is a comfirm Yoruba boy not hausa as is name sounds and he is from Lagos
Re: Haruna Lukman Deserves Eagles Call Up by hardbody: 6:00pm On Oct 11, 2013
mikeansy: I personally think Haruna lukman deserves to be called up too, but I can't quite take it as far as saying it is unacceptable

Football is not an individual game, and its also about discipline if Keshi does not believe that Lukman gives anything to his midfield I will trust his judgement because he is the coach.

I have seen this team outplay Ivory Coast and Uruguay in the midfield so I will leave it to Keshi to make the call whether he needs to add anyone to his midfield.

where I think we need new faces is defence. Kenneth Omeruo and Oboabona are very good ball passing Center Backs. Okwuosa and Egwuekwe are NOT. Personally I will replace Okwuosa/Egwuekwe with Joseph Yobo and Dele Adeleye but then again Keshi is the coach and I will rather leave it up to him.

Bro, you were making sense until you turned to sensible nonesense by mentioning Joseph Yobo.....

why do you want to take us milleniums (millenia) (both usage are correct btw) back? With Yobo on that pitch, we would not have won the ANC. With Yobo on that pitch, i am near cetain we will not be contemplating qualifying for the last legs of the WC qualifiers with Ethiopia. Any other player but Yobo please

He had his chance

3 Likes

Re: Haruna Lukman Deserves Eagles Call Up by OpinionLeader: 6:01pm On Oct 11, 2013
Cubeet: Stephen Keshi knows the kind of players he want in the squad. Not everybody can make that squad. For me, Haruna lukman is not discipline at all, if u do watch his club match(Dynamo kyiev of Ukraine), you will understand.Keshi is looking for players that he can control. Moreso, we have enough midfielders, what we need now is a good defender and good striker. We have a wonderful Goal Keeper
well said!

I do not subscribe to people make plea for a player's call up into the National team. Besides, some of these 'big boys' might come into a team and start causing distractions. The coach should know better.

By the way, there are well over 20 other Nigerian players that are doing well in their clubs both at home and abroad. Should the coach give them a call up too?
Re: Haruna Lukman Deserves Eagles Call Up by skyscraperTM(m): 6:13pm On Oct 11, 2013
Osazee nko?
Re: Haruna Lukman Deserves Eagles Call Up by hrykanu231(m): 6:21pm On Oct 11, 2013
Emmysteve: I dont think Keshi is serious in handling super eagles team. There are alot of our top players wasting away, the likes of Christian Obodo, Chidi Odia, solomon Okoronko and Pius Ikedia all deserve to be calld up.
Dude, hw often do u take dis dry banana leaves?

1 Like

Re: Haruna Lukman Deserves Eagles Call Up by Chamackh(m): 6:48pm On Oct 11, 2013
hardbody:

Strictly speaking, Keshi is not igbo and at any rate, he is from the same tribe as samson siasia. So if the names you mentioned would sabotage Sia one, why would they subjugate to Keshi? And i am using your lop-sided analysis.

Now you sound like the dolt that you are....
. So Stephen Okechukwu Keshi is no longer from ILLA which is an Igbo speaking community? You are joking seriously
Re: Haruna Lukman Deserves Eagles Call Up by naijanoni(m): 6:49pm On Oct 11, 2013
Lukman Haruna currently has 4 goals and 4 assists for dynamo kyiv this season.Which is superb enough for a midfielder.He plays regularly for his club.I think he should replace either Oduamadi or Sunday Mba but not John Ogu.
John Ogu is a very good player that is not afraid to shoot from long distance.He is a good passer of the ball.He is powerful and his left foot na die.We lack left-footed sharp-shooters in our team and john Ogu is.
And he was a regular starter for Academica until he got into some mis-understanding with his coach.But they have resolved their differences now.
Re: Haruna Lukman Deserves Eagles Call Up by Chamackh(m): 6:49pm On Oct 11, 2013
hardbody:

Strictly speaking, Keshi is not igbo and at any rate, he is from the same tribe as samson siasia. So if the names you mentioned would sabotage Sia one, why would they subjugate to Keshi? And i am using your lop-sided analysis.

Now you sound like the dolt that you are....
. So Stephen Okechukwu Keshi is no longer from ILLA which is an Igbo speaking community in Delta State? You are joking seriously
Re: Haruna Lukman Deserves Eagles Call Up by mudi20: 6:49pm On Oct 11, 2013
abeg ona nr no nigeria b4
Re: Haruna Lukman Deserves Eagles Call Up by flyingdutchman(m): 6:50pm On Oct 11, 2013
Sharrap yo'all and let Keshi coach in peace!

2 Likes

Re: Haruna Lukman Deserves Eagles Call Up by collynzo2(m): 6:56pm On Oct 11, 2013
Haruna had his chances at U20 and senior team level, he was even at South Africa 2010, but he threw them away. I've never seen such an indisciplined player before. Keshi knows what he is doing.

1 Like

Re: Haruna Lukman Deserves Eagles Call Up by naijanoni(m): 7:02pm On Oct 11, 2013
A lot of players need to be axed out after we have qualified.I heard Solomon Kwambe is not even a regular for sunshine stars.Sunshine stars that is currently lower-tabled in the NPL.
I have no problem with home-based players,but if keshi is to invite home-based players,at least he should invite the very best from the top-5 tabled clubs not sunshine stars.
Oboabona and Egwueke were good calls because they are/were one of the best defenders in the NPFL when they were called and sunshine stars(oboabona) were doing well then.But are Solomon Kwambe and Benjamin Francis the best defenders in the NPFL at the moment ??.No !!.They wouldnt even be in the top 10.Keshi needs to invite the best from the NPFL if he is to invite home-based players.There are a lot of better defenders in enyimba,Kano Pillars e.t.c.
Re: Haruna Lukman Deserves Eagles Call Up by kenny091(m): 7:03pm On Oct 11, 2013
the under 20 world cup at egypt was where harunas indiscipline came to d fore. He cost us dat tournament.he is a fantastic player bt keshi shld be left to dictate his squad.he is doin jst fine ryt now wit his results.everybody cant be d manager
Re: Haruna Lukman Deserves Eagles Call Up by isuomo: 7:17pm On Oct 11, 2013
You guys are just bloody liars, which indiscipline? pray tell me!! Keshi has decided to freeze out the Yoruba players from the team but nobody wants to say it loud for fear of being labeled a tribalist, Aluko, Gbenga Arokoyo, Dele Adeleye, Haruna, Martins, Taiwo(because he is still playing week in week out) these players can only enrich any national team not diminish it but Keshi a full blooded Igboman has carried his hatred for the Yorubas into football and that is why some of us don't give a two hoots what happens to the Biafran national team masquerading as Eagles of Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Haruna Lukman Deserves Eagles Call Up by oshyno(m): 7:20pm On Oct 11, 2013
It takes more than palying well to excel in football. Osaze wud av been better dan dis if it we're not his attitude. Rooney wud nt hv turned out dis way if he had kept d hot head he was dsplaying den. Soo if Lukman has attitudinal pro lem, he shudnt be invited to d team, atleast to keep d team's cohension.
Re: Haruna Lukman Deserves Eagles Call Up by Nobody: 7:26pm On Oct 11, 2013
Haruna is too sluggish for my liking. The guy has talent no doubt,bt he needs to work on his stamina.
Re: Haruna Lukman Deserves Eagles Call Up by Mospring(m): 7:37pm On Oct 11, 2013
Fussbot: haruna lukman ko..haruna ishola ni...mae in go spoil our squad abi...we k lik dis abeg
help muah rixn dem oooh! contentment dey over worry us self!!
Re: Haruna Lukman Deserves Eagles Call Up by Mospring(m): 7:41pm On Oct 11, 2013
isuomo: You guys are just bloody liars, which indiscipline? pray tell me!! Keshi has decided to freeze out the Yoruba players from the team but nobody wants to say it loud for fear of being labeled a tribalist, Aluko, Gbenga Arokoyo, Dele Adeleye, Haruna, Martins, Taiwo(because he is still playing week in week out) these players can only enrich any national team not diminish it but Keshi a full blooded Igboman has carried his hatred for the Yorubas into football and that is why some of us don't give a two hoots what happens to the Biafran national team masquerading as Eagles of Nigeria.
there is no show of ethnic marginalisation in futballing! onli the best crops of players gets the tag!...owk
Re: Haruna Lukman Deserves Eagles Call Up by Gayigaskia(m): 7:41pm On Oct 11, 2013
Keshi is 50 years old how come he can't work with the Teenager to help become a man? after all Balloteli was also indiscipline nor was Romario but they all have been given the chance to bring their talent to their respective national teams. Romarioa was known to skip from hotel rooms for wild parties an go play the next day and score, because of he scores he was always called to the Brazilian team. Nobody sit there and said :oh he doesn't respect coaches.
Re: Haruna Lukman Deserves Eagles Call Up by bigwallace(m): 7:44pm On Oct 11, 2013
Haruna shud be invited,he has bin avin a splndid season wt dynamo kiev,not only haruna but adeleye nd taiwo who is far far beta dan benjamin francis who keshi is calin up to d eagles wtout reason!let me not 4gt sone aluko,anoda gud player
Re: Haruna Lukman Deserves Eagles Call Up by ikmuan(m): 7:49pm On Oct 11, 2013
I was expecting somebody to mention Chinedu Ogbuke! I tink he deserves a call also.

1 Like

Re: Haruna Lukman Deserves Eagles Call Up by ikmuan(m): 7:59pm On Oct 11, 2013
isuomo: You guys are just bloody liars, which indiscipline? pray tell me!! Keshi has decided to freeze out the Yoruba players from the team but nobody wants to say it loud for fear of being labeled a tribalist, Aluko, Gbenga Arokoyo, Dele Adeleye, Haruna, Martins, Taiwo(because he is still playing week in week out) these players can only enrich any national team not diminish it but Keshi a full blooded Igboman has carried his hatred for the Yorubas into football and that is why some of us don't give a two hoots what happens to the Biafran national team masquerading as Eagles of Nigeria.

Brown Ideye,Austin Ejide and Ogude where dem frm? Otondo! Get ur facts beore u yarn okpata.

1 Like

Re: Haruna Lukman Deserves Eagles Call Up by herbdull(m): 8:00pm On Oct 11, 2013
Ich_el:
beta dan Ogu= Yes
beta dan Mba= No
#4rm a cricket fan
seriously you don't know Haruna Lukman.
Creative and will be a very good addition.
Sone Aluko, Rabiu Ibrahim... Its tym for Fegor, Ogu to fight for their shirt
Re: Haruna Lukman Deserves Eagles Call Up by collynzo2(m): 8:16pm On Oct 11, 2013
naija noni: A lot of players need to be axed out after we have qualified.I heard Solomon Kwambe is not even a regular for sunshine stars.Sunshine stars that is currently lower-tabled in the NPL.
I have no problem with home-based players,but if keshi is to invite home-based players,at least he should invite the very best from the top-5 tabled clubs not sunshine stars.
Oboabona and Egwueke were good calls because they are/were one of the best defenders in the NPFL when they were called and sunshine stars(oboabona) were doing well then.But are Solomon Kwambe and Benjamin Francis the best defenders in the NPFL at the moment ??.No !!.They wouldnt even be in the top 10.Keshi needs to invite the best from the NPFL if he is to invite home-based players.There are a lot of better defenders in enyimba,Kano Pillars e.t.c.
This must be the GSN Noni I know!
Re: Haruna Lukman Deserves Eagles Call Up by collynzo2(m): 8:19pm On Oct 11, 2013
Didn't the same Keshi freeze out the likes of John Utaka, the Uche brothers, Onyekachi Apam, Chinedu Ogbuke and other Igbos?

6 Likes

Re: Haruna Lukman Deserves Eagles Call Up by Nobody: 8:29pm On Oct 11, 2013

ok in case you have not noticed, this team is the African Champion

5 Likes

Re: Haruna Lukman Deserves Eagles Call Up by Nobody: 8:33pm On Oct 11, 2013
one thing I like about this team is the way they hound opponents down to get the ball without committing silly fouls. We have a real team, Nigerians need to support the team. if Keshi fails to qualify us to Brazil or we put up a disgraceful show at Brazil please by all means sack him. But while he is on the job I will continue to back him and his team even though they all come from Illa
Re: Haruna Lukman Deserves Eagles Call Up by Aubrey1(m): 8:38pm On Oct 11, 2013
I dnt doubt Haruna coming bak...bt dat guy nt just a discipline type; Keshi doesn't like his type." bt he deserve a call up"
Re: Haruna Lukman Deserves Eagles Call Up by caprini: 8:42pm On Oct 11, 2013
Let us qualify with the players we have now, and build a better squad for the world cup proper.
Re: Haruna Lukman Deserves Eagles Call Up by write2obi(m): 9:07pm On Oct 11, 2013
Promhize:

U re a big fool! Anu mpama. Even the major players in super eagles right now are Igbos.
You should be ashamed of ur stinking brain.
Enyi nwayo! He was referring to Ndi ugwu, not us, Mikel, Mba, Enyama, Onazi, Emenike,Omeruo ETC, we rule!
Re: Haruna Lukman Deserves Eagles Call Up by write2obi(m): 9:20pm On Oct 11, 2013
saintandsinnerz: With due respect i will say that Keshi is handling the Super Eagles unprofessionally! There are some players he practically shut the door at without any cogent reason. And again, there are some he keeps inviting who practically does not have any business with the national team. He is very vindictive, hence i wonder why he has refused to invite players like Joseph Yobo, Lukeman Haruna, Sone Aluko, Dele Adeleye etc. These players play regular football for their respective clubs in Europe! The most surprising was him not inviting Yobo in recent times despite the form he has shown in Europe and the Turkish superliga! I will prefer the experience of Yobo over the likes of Egwuekwe, Okwuosa and co. By shutting the door on Yobo as a result of the comment he made is the height of unprofessionalism. Since when did expressing an opinion prevents one from the national team? The truth is that Keshi has biase against some certain players and a soft spot towards some others and that will be anathema to the growth of the national team in future. Let merit be the basis of national team invitation!
With due respect i will say that you don't know what you are saying, a coach invites those he can trust both ON and OFF the pitch, wait till he fails then you can take over from him "if its not broken don't fix it"

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Egypt To Host 2019 AFCON / Kane Overtakes Aguero, Scores The Most Goals For One Premier League Club / Euro 2024: Group Draws

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.