Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,290 members, 7,807,985 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:25 AM

89% Of Corps Members Can’t Communicate In English -NYSC - NYSC (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / 89% Of Corps Members Can’t Communicate In English -NYSC (25783 Views)

Companies’ Rejection Of Corps Members Against Spirit Of NYSC – Dalong / Seven Categories Of Corps Members You Will Find In Any Orientation Camp. / 89% of corpers Lack Communication skills, can't write application letters. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 89% Of Corps Members Can’t Communicate In English -NYSC by kstyle2(m): 4:16pm On Oct 11, 2013
I cudnt agree more....wen u listen 2 som corpers speak,u jst wonda hw dey graduated....itz not somtyn we treat with kids gloves....i'v jst passd out n i knw wat m talkin abt....imagine wen o corper wz askd 'types of minerals found in nigeria'....her reply wz 'coke,fanta,sprite....n she said it with confidence....i jst hope we put our house in order cos d future may jst b bleak....n na girls wey dey jonz pas....fyn girls 4 dat matter

1 Like

Re: 89% Of Corps Members Can’t Communicate In English -NYSC by eaglechild: 4:16pm On Oct 11, 2013
funnyx:

Keep your silly advise to yourself!
Thank you.
It's just that they make everyone else look bad.
Re: 89% Of Corps Members Can’t Communicate In English -NYSC by Nobody: 4:18pm On Oct 11, 2013
That's on the low side - it should be around 99%!

Don't hate - that's what Jah told me!

Shalom! cool

2 Likes

Re: 89% Of Corps Members Can’t Communicate In English -NYSC by eaglechild: 4:20pm On Oct 11, 2013
fuke:

Those from the east of the Niger are the worst.

Our first lady graduated from one of them.(no pun intended)
Couldn't care less.
Just made my observations.
Besides, I don't see any pun.

1 Like

Re: 89% Of Corps Members Can’t Communicate In English -NYSC by MyJwell: 4:22pm On Oct 11, 2013
Fussbot: pls dont tell me nonsens

wat did u mean gan sef?i also pass out yesterday and u meant to tell me i cldnt commune in english like these?maybe u were d one dat cant conversate in english sir..bt in our camp we converse mostime in english..mtschee#U canimagentheseinsult#

You are indeed communicating.

trash.

1 Like

Re: 89% Of Corps Members Can’t Communicate In English -NYSC by pri3stess(f): 4:22pm On Oct 11, 2013
What do they expect? Even the supposed teachers cannot speak proper English, so how are the students expected to be fluent in English?

2 Likes

Re: 89% Of Corps Members Can’t Communicate In English -NYSC by gogodaye(m): 4:26pm On Oct 11, 2013
Affirmative facts of the effects of the several genocidal acts carried out against the Nigerian educational sector by her certified but not too knowledgeable elites.........
Re: 89% Of Corps Members Can’t Communicate In English -NYSC by gogodaye(m): 4:31pm On Oct 11, 2013
Affirmative facts of the effects of the several genocidal acts carried out against the Nigerian educational sector by her certified but not too knowledgeable elites.........smh in pain at the magnitude of the damage down to both youths & the nation in general
Re: 89% Of Corps Members Can’t Communicate In English -NYSC by MyJwell: 4:31pm On Oct 11, 2013
Jobos:
Buy and study the underlisted books;
1. Common mistake in English
2. English without tears
tI They will help you a lot.

You used 'books'...so the complement should be....They will help you a lot...

1 Like

Re: 89% Of Corps Members Can’t Communicate In English -NYSC by abdulslutsky(m): 4:42pm On Oct 11, 2013
Thebrightest: Pls, what can i do to be able to speak good English? I really need help.
First of all, Change your moniker
Re: 89% Of Corps Members Can’t Communicate In English -NYSC by OrlandoOwoh(m): 4:43pm On Oct 11, 2013
watchindelta: why do u ppl called pidgin english badtt english? Vry soon u pp wil yarn say all our language na yeye too oh! I dy slang.
Nobody is saying Pidgin is bad, but it should not be used in teaching.
Re: 89% Of Corps Members Can’t Communicate In English -NYSC by 3kay945(m): 4:44pm On Oct 11, 2013
I blame bb
Re: 89% Of Corps Members Can’t Communicate In English -NYSC by lincolnj88: 4:46pm On Oct 11, 2013
Great ASUU great nut

1 Like

Re: 89% Of Corps Members Can’t Communicate In English -NYSC by davywillis: 4:46pm On Oct 11, 2013
Our students in the tertiary institutions should understand that English is the power language of world and they have to be effective in communication both in the private and public.

The fallen standard of education in Nigeria is worrisome, and should be a concern for everyone, especially parents. As parents we should compliment or add to what our wards are being taught in School. I live in a francophone country, but I make sure that my children speaks my native dialect, reads, writes and speak French effectively, whilst their basic study language is English.

However, our spoken or writing skills in English may not be perfect, but there is always room for improvement, as someone rightly said "that the biggest room in the world, is the room for improvement".
Re: 89% Of Corps Members Can’t Communicate In English -NYSC by curtain: 4:49pm On Oct 11, 2013
IN MY OPINION, NIGERIAN STUDENTS SHOULD BE CONGRATULATED FOR TRAINING THEMSELVES IN THE UNIVETSITIES TO THIS EXTENT, OUR OVERRATED PROFFESSORS AND DOCTORS ARE LECTURING NOTHING PECULIAR.

1 Like

Re: 89% Of Corps Members Can’t Communicate In English -NYSC by 3kay945(m): 4:50pm On Oct 11, 2013
k.style:
I cudnt agree more....wen u listen 2 som corpers speak,u jst wonda hw dey graduated....itz not somtyn we treat with kids gloves....i'v jst passd out n i knw wat m talkin abt....imagine wen o corper wz askd 'types of minerals found in nigeria'....her reply wz 'coke,fanta,sprite....n she said it with confidence....i jst hope we put our house in order cos d future may jst b bleak....n na girls wey dey jonz pas....fyn girls 4 dat matter

What if those you were referring to see this? You should have encourage them na undecided
Re: 89% Of Corps Members Can’t Communicate In English -NYSC by austinreal1: 4:52pm On Oct 11, 2013
The truth remains that our lecturers are corrupt. Just imagine a situation they are only interested on the money they make from students through bribe otherwise known as "sorting" as against the quality teaching they are employed for. How can we get a quality education under such circumstances? God will help us
Re: 89% Of Corps Members Can’t Communicate In English -NYSC by nijanigga: 4:54pm On Oct 11, 2013
Ogbeche77: The Kano state coordinator who made this assertion is a joke, did he conduct a research to arrive at this conclusion? So because a larger percentage of Kano corpers can't communicate in queens english means those in other states can't as well....He just dug out figures from his dansiki..
Abegiiiii.
The corpers serving in Kano state can be considered random samples from various states and different institutions of learning. So, The man is very correct. It's your mind that is myopic.

1 Like

Re: 89% Of Corps Members Can’t Communicate In English -NYSC by Zet72(m): 4:57pm On Oct 11, 2013
Fussbot: pls dont tell me nonsens

wat did u mean gan sef?i also pass out yesterday and u meant to tell me i cldnt commune in english like these?maybe u were d one dat cant conversate in english sir..bt in our camp we converse mostime in english..mtschee#U canimagentheseinsult#
Ur writeup here has vindicated the man already.

1 Like

Re: 89% Of Corps Members Can’t Communicate In English -NYSC by LausDeo(m): 4:59pm On Oct 11, 2013
ckkris: On what is your doubt based? This is the report of a research.
Which stupid research! All these people do is try to make graduates look bad. I don't remember any corps member who couldn't communicate in english language. Though there were a few who usually ''tabon''

1 Like

Re: 89% Of Corps Members Can’t Communicate In English -NYSC by ifeanyija(m): 5:00pm On Oct 11, 2013
Very big lie
Re: 89% Of Corps Members Can’t Communicate In English -NYSC by Chinwem(f): 5:04pm On Oct 11, 2013
ckkris: On what is your doubt based? This is the report of a research.

What research? Where did you see research in this article or the link? What was the sample size? Was it significant? Where's the p value?
Just because some 'jobful' person rattles some numbers and percentages off the top of his head........you assume its 'research'ko
Re: 89% Of Corps Members Can’t Communicate In English -NYSC by fuckluv(f): 5:09pm On Oct 11, 2013
eaglechild:
I gave a candid advise
No need to get worked up.
It has nothing to do with bigotry.
Indeed u went to a better school, English lecturer (mr ITK) undecided

It is advice in this context.

3 Likes

Re: 89% Of Corps Members Can’t Communicate In English -NYSC by lonelypal(m): 5:11pm On Oct 11, 2013
Ogbeche77: probably NYSC should start with you, because the one sentence you wrote above is even flawed grin grin

...And your not in anyway better, Prof. Wole Soyinka. See Kettle calling pot black grin
Re: 89% Of Corps Members Can’t Communicate In English -NYSC by 3kay945(m): 5:12pm On Oct 11, 2013
nijanigga:
The corpers serving in Kano state can be considered random samples from various states and different institutions of learning. So, The man is very correct. It's your mind that is myopic.

grin cool
Re: 89% Of Corps Members Can’t Communicate In English -NYSC by Croix(m): 5:16pm On Oct 11, 2013
That's hw bad it gets when ur father makes you mop a puddle for not speaking ur local dialect at home.
Re: 89% Of Corps Members Can’t Communicate In English -NYSC by maclatunji: 5:16pm On Oct 11, 2013
Ogbeche77: The Kano state coordinator who made this assertion is a joke, did he conduct a research to arrive at this conclusion? So because a larger percentage of Kano corpers can't communicate in queens english means those in other states can't as well....He just dug out figures from his dansiki..
Abegiiiii.

Are you sure you read the story? You might want to read it again.
Re: 89% Of Corps Members Can’t Communicate In English -NYSC by danbabe: 5:16pm On Oct 11, 2013
It is not restricted to Northerners! A lot of what I read on Nairaland threads make me cringe. We have a lot of half baked so called "literate" contributors here. Even on this thread, I have developed a throbbing headache from ridiculous tenses and badly constructed English.
Re: 89% Of Corps Members Can’t Communicate In English -NYSC by IYANGBALI: 5:19pm On Oct 11, 2013
PEJ is the mother of Nigeria,like mama like shedrens
Re: 89% Of Corps Members Can’t Communicate In English -NYSC by BekeeBuAgbara: 5:21pm On Oct 11, 2013
I believe some of the corp members are among those that make jest of Patience Jonathan online, a blind man laughing at one eyed man
Re: 89% Of Corps Members Can’t Communicate In English -NYSC by Fussbot: 5:27pm On Oct 11, 2013
MyJwell:

You are indeed communicating.

trash.
what was thrash in these now?ehn?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Corper Who Lost Arms In Ghastly Auto Crash To Get Automatic Job - NYSC DG / Batch B Corpers In Ondo East Dancing As They Collect Their Nysccertificate / Nma Is A Professional Association Not Regulatory Agency.. Nysc Get It Right

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.