Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,020 members, 7,806,995 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:18 AM

89% Of Corps Members Can’t Communicate In English -NYSC - NYSC (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / 89% Of Corps Members Can’t Communicate In English -NYSC (25782 Views)

Companies’ Rejection Of Corps Members Against Spirit Of NYSC – Dalong / Seven Categories Of Corps Members You Will Find In Any Orientation Camp. / 89% of corpers Lack Communication skills, can't write application letters. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 89% Of Corps Members Can’t Communicate In English -NYSC by Theben(m): 10:01pm On Oct 11, 2013
Sagamite:

You sure are stuuuuuuupid.

You have not heard of expo in Nigeria?

You have not heard of people sitting exams for others for a fee or sexual favours?

You have not heard of bribing examiners?

You have not heard of invigilating staff colluding with school staff to allow exam halls be discussion centres to assist their students to pass?

And you are wondering how they passed exams and graduated?
And your deluded mind is telling you now that 89% of Nigerian graduates were involved in sharp practices? Did you bother to ask how the percentage was arrived at?

Product of failed U.K Education system.

3 Likes

Re: 89% Of Corps Members Can’t Communicate In English -NYSC by mrmatt(m): 10:04pm On Oct 11, 2013
ckkris: Even the grammar, syntax, standard of Logic displayed in Nairaland by graduates is too embarrassing. The verb 'to be' seem to be too difficult for 95% of contributing writers, even in Newspapers and Magazines.
are you a linguist or a grammarian?
Re: 89% Of Corps Members Can’t Communicate In English -NYSC by Sagamite(m): 10:15pm On Oct 11, 2013
Theben:
And your deluded mind is telling you now that 89% of Nigerian graduates were involved in sharp practices? Did you bother to ask how the percentage was arrived at?

Product of failed U.K Education system.

You are a person!

And what makes you think 89% of Nigerian graduates cannot engage in sharp practices or just be passed because the teachers don't know what they are doing/don't give a fck?

Are you not a product of the failed education system? You were too moronic to see the rot around you?

What did you expect to become when places like these educated you?

https://www.nairaland.com/1465352/deplorable-state-infrastructure-nigerian-universities
Re: 89% Of Corps Members Can’t Communicate In English -NYSC by LausDeo(m): 10:20pm On Oct 11, 2013
Juicysam: make newspaper reading a habit, you will be suprised @yourself ...am a leaving testimony of this..too many compliments like bible pages..
Indeed you are a ''leaving'' testimony...

1 Like

Re: 89% Of Corps Members Can’t Communicate In English -NYSC by kolado(m): 10:33pm On Oct 11, 2013
[color=#770077][/color]
Sagamite:

You have not heard of people sitting exams for others for a fee or sexual favours?

You have not heard of invigilating staff colluding with school staff to allow exam halls be discussion centres to assist their students to pass?
[b][/b]
It beats my imagination to stupor that you could write like a nursery 2 pupil. You need Brighter grammar English books to lick your spoken english into shape. stop fooling yourself on nairaland.

1 Like

Re: 89% Of Corps Members Can’t Communicate In English -NYSC by 3kay945(m): 10:35pm On Oct 11, 2013
LausDeo: Indeed you are a ''leaving'' testimony...

grin cheesy
Re: 89% Of Corps Members Can’t Communicate In English -NYSC by dazzy4real(m): 10:39pm On Oct 11, 2013
Are this people form real? Me i dont believe them cos nairalanders alone to dey blow big grammer
Re: 89% Of Corps Members Can’t Communicate In English -NYSC by MATUREZEE: 10:44pm On Oct 11, 2013
Even Lawmakers of Kano State House of Assembly always discuss in Hausa Language, whether they re passing bill, matters Arising o, discussing state or National issues.
If u like understand, if u don't like... Ohooo!
Bar turençî
why d environment wont affect them?
Re: 89% Of Corps Members Can’t Communicate In English -NYSC by MATUREZEE: 10:45pm On Oct 11, 2013
Even Lawmakers of Kano State House of Assembly always discuss in Hausa Language, whether they re passing bill, matters Arising o, discussing state or National issues.
Bar turençî
why the environment wont affect their communication?
Re: 89% Of Corps Members Can’t Communicate In English -NYSC by MATUREZEE: 10:50pm On Oct 11, 2013
What do u expect bro?
Bar turençî
why the environment wont affect their communication?
Re: 89% Of Corps Members Can’t Communicate In English -NYSC by kshowhanif: 11:02pm On Oct 11, 2013
Kemy11: The title suppose to be 89perct of northern students cannot communicate in English Language. Bar Turenchi.
To sabi speak English no b by force, & as for you kemy, 89% percent of northern graduate's. are far more inteligent than other graduate from other region. Just becos they cant speak English does not mean they are not qualify to graduate.
Re: 89% Of Corps Members Can’t Communicate In English -NYSC by Sagamite(m): 11:05pm On Oct 11, 2013
kolado: It beats my imagination to stupor that you could write like a nursery 2 pupil. You need Brighter grammar English books to lick your spoken english into shape. stop fooling yourself on nairaland.

What is this person saying?

Awon Alaba boys sold you fake mental health drugs you are suppose to be taking?
Re: 89% Of Corps Members Can’t Communicate In English -NYSC by gbenga123: 11:11pm On Oct 11, 2013
ckkris: Even the grammar, syntax, standard of Logic displayed in Nairaland by graduates is too embarrassing. The verb 'to be' seem to be too difficult for 95% of contributing writers, even in Newspapers and Magazines.

See the way u self come spoil everything,it is on nairaland and not in nairaland because it is a website..

1 Like

Re: 89% Of Corps Members Can’t Communicate In English -NYSC by Nobody: 11:14pm On Oct 11, 2013
kshowhanif:
To sabi speak English no b by force, & as for you kemy, 89% percent of northern graduate's. are far more inteligent than other graduate from other region. Just becos they cant speak English does not mean they are not qualify to graduate.

@Kshowhanif please don't go there o. Its obvious that you're from there cheesy. Your post is an eye opener... I'll be waiting for a reply.. cheesy
Re: 89% Of Corps Members Can’t Communicate In English -NYSC by sCun: 11:18pm On Oct 11, 2013
Sagamite:

What is this person saying?

Awon Alaba boys sold you fake mental health drugs you are suppose to be taking?
Gbagaun special!! Product of a failed education system. Are you sure you didn't serve in Kano?

2 Likes

Re: 89% Of Corps Members Can’t Communicate In English -NYSC by Sagamite(m): 11:21pm On Oct 11, 2013
Scun: Gbagaun special!! Product of a failed education system. Are you sure you didn't serve in Kano?

person, are you popping mental health pills as well?
Re: 89% Of Corps Members Can’t Communicate In English -NYSC by sCun: 11:23pm On Oct 11, 2013
Sagamite:

person, are you popping mental health pills as well?
I don't need one, but it looks like you haven't taken yours for a while now.

2 Likes

Re: 89% Of Corps Members Can’t Communicate In English -NYSC by Sagamite(m): 11:25pm On Oct 11, 2013
Scun: I don't need one, but it looks like you haven't taken yours for a while now.

Okay if you know you are not taking some, don't run. Come and show us your sane brain and education here:

https://www.nairaland.com/1473757/lagos-oando-complete-n3.2b-power/3#18755119

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 89% Of Corps Members Can’t Communicate In English -NYSC by sCun: 11:26pm On Oct 11, 2013
Sagamite:

Okay if you know you are not taking some, don't run. Come and show us your sane brain and education here:

https://www.nairaland.com/1473757/lagos-oando-complete-n3.2b-power/3#18755119

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
For how long will I continue educating you free of charge?

2 Likes

Re: 89% Of Corps Members Can’t Communicate In English -NYSC by Sagamite(m): 11:28pm On Oct 11, 2013
Scun: For how long will I continue educating you for free?

Run, person! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 89% Of Corps Members Can’t Communicate In English -NYSC by Theben(m): 11:43pm On Oct 11, 2013
Scun: Gbagaun special!! Product of a failed education system. Are you sure you didn't serve in Kano?
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 89% Of Corps Members Can’t Communicate In English -NYSC by Fussbot: 1:33am On Oct 12, 2013
SONFGOD12: are u sure u knw the meaning of "vindicated"man

what those that mean huh?
Re: 89% Of Corps Members Can’t Communicate In English -NYSC by ibiso1986: 2:17am On Oct 12, 2013
fuke:

Not just Facebook. This Forum also.

I am not surprised though as an employer.
And that is why they are not employable.

The other day, I asked one with 2:1 degree to write why
she wanted me to take her on.

One hour after she was still there.
She could not take off, let alone write anything tangible.

I had to have another look at the degree certificate to be sure I saw correctly.
It was a 2:1 to be sure.

We are in trouble, real wahala.
students that read linguistics/english are better off cos majority of their courses are english related.. other fields like engineering, sciences, etc don't take english serious. Maybe they were just taught in year 1(first semester) under harsh conditions(hundreds in a small hall). The basics of english language are usually taught in secondary school level..
Re: 89% Of Corps Members Can’t Communicate In English -NYSC by ibiso1986: 2:39am On Oct 12, 2013
taiwokehin: Want to see the true picture of all this? Tell a corper to write a letter for withdrawal, then you will be shocked. For some, they disappear.
yeah that's true, but some of them have never written a letter on withdrawal before, maybe they are just looking for a format..
Re: 89% Of Corps Members Can’t Communicate In English -NYSC by ibiso1986: 2:41am On Oct 12, 2013
@last23:
[color=#000099][/color] Your ability to have good command of English language goes a long way to enable you sell yourself oral-wise, but its not the only criteria to know your level of brilliancy. Some corps member oratory ability is very poor but when it comes to paper work, you will duff your cap for them. It is wise to research on their writting ability aswel before condeming them Mr. Researcher. I rest my case.
the best comment so far
Re: 89% Of Corps Members Can’t Communicate In English -NYSC by jamesbernard: 2:44am On Oct 12, 2013
This is not the first time that Kano State officials will be throwing around spurious and unverified numbers as if they were gospel truth.
I remember a few years ago when the Kano state commissioner of finance claimed that the state had two million people involved in the 'achaba' or okada transportation business and made grand projections of the income they generate based on the magical number of 500 Naira i.e. 1,000,000,000 (one billion naira) daily. Now Kano has banned the okada business and there was no visible impact either economically or socially on the State. I would like to think that it is impossible to deprive two million pple of livelihood and deprive the state's economy such numbers without it being shaken to its very foundation. We are talking of thirty billion naira monthly.
The same goes with the state's population figures. The moment you get past Unguwa Uku ( a mere 15 minute ride from the metropolis) on the way to Zaria you start wondering were those numbers were manufactured from. The hustle and bustle ceases and virtually its all empty and uninhabited stretch of waste land.
The crux of the matter is an attempt demonize western education on the one hand and on the other hand to rubbish the educational achievement of the southerners who make up the majority of the NYSC. I dont mean that there are not those who do fail to live up to their the demands and the challenges of their qualifications but 89% is too staggering a number to throw around casually like that. If they were that incompetent why is the state still accepting youth corpers. Why not simply decline the postings since they have nothing to offer the good pple of Kano state.

1 Like

Re: 89% Of Corps Members Can’t Communicate In English -NYSC by KriTic24A: 4:13am On Oct 12, 2013
Sagamite:

Dear Sagamite,

I used to think of you as a decent person.

Don't let me start having other thoughts.

Let us cultivate the habit of correcting a fellow without sounding abusive.

If you know better than me, kindly correct me when i'm wrong.
Re: 89% Of Corps Members Can’t Communicate In English -NYSC by ini4brandon(m): 4:57am On Oct 12, 2013
Kemy11: The title suppose to be 89perct of northern students cannot communicate in English Language. Bar Turenchi.
89%+you. "suppose to be" huhuhu* laughing in mongolese*
Re: 89% Of Corps Members Can’t Communicate In English -NYSC by kabba7(m): 5:10am On Oct 12, 2013
Can't U̶̲̥̅̊ read well? the post said the NYSC carried out a nation wide research its your types that are refered to .Don't U̶̲̥̅̊ remember the Minna shame where majority of coppers were unable to fill form neccesary to open bank accounts or the Edo Oshiomole vs teacher drama? Those involved were notherners? stay glued to facebook & Nairaland toying with your life !
Re: 89% Of Corps Members Can’t Communicate In English -NYSC by cnsprince(m): 5:26am On Oct 12, 2013
The report of the research is impeccable. I have encountered some Corp members who could not write "original copy collected by me". It's really unfortunate.
Re: 89% Of Corps Members Can’t Communicate In English -NYSC by pobosky20(m): 5:33am On Oct 12, 2013
English na by force?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Corper Who Lost Arms In Ghastly Auto Crash To Get Automatic Job - NYSC DG / Batch B Corpers In Ondo East Dancing As They Collect Their Nysccertificate / Nma Is A Professional Association Not Regulatory Agency.. Nysc Get It Right

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.