Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,879 members, 7,802,838 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:57 PM

Missing Episodes Of Doctor-Who Found In Nigeria - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Missing Episodes Of Doctor-Who Found In Nigeria (23421 Views)

Download All Episodes Of Heroes Reborn Here / Missing Episodes Of "Doctor Who" From 1960s Found In A Cupboard In Nigeria / Episodes Of 'Mark Of Uru': A Nigerian Cartoon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Missing Episodes Of Doctor-Who Found In Nigeria by gbanikiti(m): 5:46pm On Oct 11, 2013
naptu2: The Doctor meets Sutekh The Destroyer for the very first time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydLvYuEBtwE
Naptu2,I can't watch these videos through you tube on my phone. It says something like link address not available. Any other link?
Re: Missing Episodes Of Doctor-Who Found In Nigeria by TonySpike: 5:51pm On Oct 11, 2013
Coincidentally, I just finished watching the sixth episode (2011) of the modern Doctor Who series and I'm reading this. I love Matt Smith as the Doctor, although Tom Baker is the most popular. The modern Doctor Who series is mainly a combination of Sci-fi, with areas in time-travelling, futuristic technologies and advanced biology.

I think Doctor Who is the oldest Sci-Fi series still running even as at 2012. Funnily, the old sworn enemies of the Doctor such as the Daleks(Exterminate!) and the Suntarans still feature in the new series. Funnily, majority of the black actors that have featured in the newest Doctor Who series (between 2005 and 2012) and are majorly Nigerians and then South Africans.

I learnt that BBC gave out a lot of old recordings of Doctor Who to NTA because they were incompatible and bulky. The video formats of these recordings couldn't be kept because the technology was getting too old for BBC. Infact, a former BBC staff was found to have stashed some editions in his house as souvenirs...lol. Nice to know that the older series have been recovered...
Re: Missing Episodes Of Doctor-Who Found In Nigeria by naptu2: 5:54pm On Oct 11, 2013
gbanikiti: Naptu2,I can't watch these videos through you tube on my phone. It says something like link address not available. Any other link?

I don't have another link, but I'll search for one.
Re: Missing Episodes Of Doctor-Who Found In Nigeria by naptu2: 5:55pm On Oct 11, 2013
Remember the series about Morbius - the brain that was searching for a human body to inhabit?
Re: Missing Episodes Of Doctor-Who Found In Nigeria by gbanikiti(m): 5:56pm On Oct 11, 2013
naptu2:

I don't have another link, but I'll search for one.
Please do! I will appreciate. wink
Re: Missing Episodes Of Doctor-Who Found In Nigeria by TonySpike: 5:57pm On Oct 11, 2013
Liskate: I love doctor who. Favourite doctor and companion- 10 doctor, David Tennant and Billie Piper.

I think I prefer Freema Agyeman (Martha) and Karen Gillan (Aimee) as the Doctor's companion...
Re: Missing Episodes Of Doctor-Who Found In Nigeria by aletheia(m): 5:57pm On Oct 11, 2013
naptu2:

Dr Who is a time lord who travels through time and space in his Tardis (Police box). In the earlier series, it is said that the Tardis has a fault. This means that they usually end up in a different planet or century from their intended destination. In the later series, it is said that the Tardis has a mind of its own and decides where it wants to take the Doctor.

The Doctor is often accompanied on his travels by some humans. They often have to fight against aliens, robots or ancient gods.

A Time Lord of Gallifrey. Wonderful memories from by-gone years. And I love the new series as well! The longest running sci fi show of all time.

"... on the Fields of Trenzalore, at the fall of the Eleventh, when no creature can speak falsely or fail to answer, a question will be asked - a question that must never be answered"

[img]http://1.bp..com/-QdsxzfMcKqk/TbYB3SzzsDI/AAAAAAAAI5g/imO6NRXSOyw/s1600/doctorwho_stetson.jpg[/img]
Re: Missing Episodes Of Doctor-Who Found In Nigeria by deols(f): 5:57pm On Oct 11, 2013
naptu2:

Dr Who is a time lord who travels through time and space in his Tardis (Police box). In the earlier series, it is said that the Tardis has a fault. This means that they usually end up in a different planet or century from their intended destination. In the later series, it is said that the Tardis has a mind of its own and decides where it wants to take the Doctor.

The Doctor is often accompanied on his travels by some humans. They often have to fight against aliens, robots or ancient gods.

Thanks.

I have seen something like this on mbc but I can't remember the title and if it was a series but it looked old school.

The man travelled through time to ensure that a rapist got sentenced.
Re: Missing Episodes Of Doctor-Who Found In Nigeria by olafusimic(m): 5:57pm On Oct 11, 2013
stillwater:

Probably NTA. cheesy because they were the only tv stations that were in existence then and aired the program.

Nope.
Re: Missing Episodes Of Doctor-Who Found In Nigeria by gbanikiti(m): 5:59pm On Oct 11, 2013
naptu2: Remember the series about Morbius - the brain that was searching for a human body to inhabit?
Yes I remember that o! The brain was always glowing with light right? And it was kept in a glass. Oh dear! Naptu2 I stand to be corrected though. cry

1 Like

Re: Missing Episodes Of Doctor-Who Found In Nigeria by TonySpike: 5:59pm On Oct 11, 2013
aletheia:

A Time Lord of Gallifrey. Wonderful memories from by-gone years. And I love the new series as well! The longest running sci fi show of all time.

"... on the Fields of Trenzalore, at the fall of the Eleventh, when no creature can speak falsely or fail to answer, a question will be asked - a question that must never be answered"

[img]http://1.bp..com/-QdsxzfMcKqk/TbYB3SzzsDI/AAAAAAAAI5g/imO6NRXSOyw/s1600/doctorwho_stetson.jpg[/img]

What is the first question?
The death of the Doctor at Lake Silencio by the impossible astronaut known as Melody Pond or Dr. River Song (Season 6)...I love this season so much!
Re: Missing Episodes Of Doctor-Who Found In Nigeria by aletheia(m): 6:02pm On Oct 11, 2013
deols:
The man travelled through time to ensure that a rapist got sentenced.
Err...that's probably not Doctor Who. Doctor Who is a memorable character. He is called Doctor Who as in literally a question because he is the man with no name. He quite simply calls himself "the Doctor".
Re: Missing Episodes Of Doctor-Who Found In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:02pm On Oct 11, 2013
deols:

and you were acting sweet sixteen on a thread not long ago. Even your signature sef is sweet 12.

Good evening ma.. sad

#justsaying

It is ok to be young at heart grin

btw @topic, was there really a doctor in the series or what really is it about?

Yes o young at heart, and aging gracefully. tongue tongue tongue tongue cool

naptu2:

It was shown in the 1980s. What I meant was that the last time it was shown on the NTA was probably in the late 1990s or early 2000s.

Oh ok.
Re: Missing Episodes Of Doctor-Who Found In Nigeria by aletheia(m): 6:04pm On Oct 11, 2013
Tony Spike:

What is the first question?
The death of the Doctor at Lake Silencio by the impossible astronaut known Melody Pond or Dr. River Song (Season 6)...I love this season so much!

The first question is resolved in the climactic episode from season 7: "The Name of the Doctor". It is the oldest question, the one the Doctor has been running away from from the very beginning. It is Doctor Who?

1 Like

Re: Missing Episodes Of Doctor-Who Found In Nigeria by TonySpike: 6:09pm On Oct 11, 2013
aletheia:

The first question is resolved in the climactic episode from season 7: "The Name of the Doctor". It is the oldest question, the one the Doctor has been running away from from the very beginning. It is Doctor Who?

The Doctor had to travel to different time-lines to find that question. He never knew He was the question himself...lol. What a conundrum!
Re: Missing Episodes Of Doctor-Who Found In Nigeria by naptu2: 6:12pm On Oct 11, 2013
gbanikiti: Yes I remember that o! The brain was always glowing with light right? And it was kept in a glass. Oh dear! Naptu2 I stand to be corrected though. cry

Yes, you are right.
Re: Missing Episodes Of Doctor-Who Found In Nigeria by aletheia(m): 6:17pm On Oct 11, 2013
Tony Spike:

The Doctor had to travel to different time-lines to find that question. He never knew He was the question himself...lol. What a conundrum!
Yes. It was quite interesting seeing how it unfolded. I salute you, sir. A fellow Dr Who fan.
Re: Missing Episodes Of Doctor-Who Found In Nigeria by gbanikiti(m): 6:20pm On Oct 11, 2013
naptu2:

Yes, you are right.
cheesy

Still waiting for the link. In case you see it,post it at the beer parlour thread. cool
Re: Missing Episodes Of Doctor-Who Found In Nigeria by naptu2: 6:26pm On Oct 11, 2013
1) Tom Baker as Dr Who.

2) The Daleks

Re: Missing Episodes Of Doctor-Who Found In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:33pm On Oct 11, 2013
Vague memories from the late 80s/early 90s. I think I liked it but along with many other shows aired by NTA I lost track of it and soon forgot much about it as I grew up.

I think I'd like a remake. I still like SciFi smiley
Re: Missing Episodes Of Doctor-Who Found In Nigeria by dheaven: 6:38pm On Oct 11, 2013
Congratulations. Congratulations.
Congratulations.
Congratulations.
Congratulations.
Congratulations.
Re: Missing Episodes Of Doctor-Who Found In Nigeria by vivaciousvivi(f): 6:39pm On Oct 11, 2013
stillwater:

Probably NTA. cheesy because they were the only tv stations that were in existence then and aired the program.

True that.
Its on CNN's homepage even!
Re: Missing Episodes Of Doctor-Who Found In Nigeria by Crownvilla(m): 6:41pm On Oct 11, 2013
I've just watched BBC news AND according to Philip Morris of the International Television Enterprise Archive he traced the tapes "to a TV station in Jos, Nigeria where they were just sitting on a shelf gathering dust"
Re: Missing Episodes Of Doctor-Who Found In Nigeria by TonySpike: 6:44pm On Oct 11, 2013
Ihedinobi: Vague memories from the late 80s/early 90s. I think I liked it but along with many other shows aired by NTA I lost track of it and soon forgot much about it as I grew up.

I think I'd like a remake. I still like SciFi smiley

The Doctor Who remake has been on since 2005 and has reached seven seasons as at 2013. You can check the internet for streaming...
Re: Missing Episodes Of Doctor-Who Found In Nigeria by hustla(m): 6:48pm On Oct 11, 2013
Watched it that time

Too small at that time to remember anything though
Re: Missing Episodes Of Doctor-Who Found In Nigeria by naptu2: 6:50pm On Oct 11, 2013
Check out this thread if you want to see pictures and videos of other tv shows that were shown on the NTA in the 1970s, '80s and '90s.

https://www.nairaland.com/1218365/nta-cartoons-programmes-70s-80s
Re: Missing Episodes Of Doctor-Who Found In Nigeria by Enahi(f): 7:07pm On Oct 11, 2013
Re: Missing Episodes Of Doctor-Who Found In Nigeria by morningsta(m): 8:26pm On Oct 11, 2013
daywatcher: see how the report did not give details of how it was well preserved by a Nigerian..off course they will not because that will be portraying Nigeria in a good light.

Are U sure Nigeria preserved it or it was forgotten or left to rot somewhere in the store room but stayed preserved because of the way oyibo take park am? Just asking o!
Re: Missing Episodes Of Doctor-Who Found In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:34pm On Oct 11, 2013
it was found in a tv station in jos, probably NTA jos
Re: Missing Episodes Of Doctor-Who Found In Nigeria by Realdeals(m): 8:35pm On Oct 11, 2013
If you are born in the 1990's pls don't comment kiss
Re: Missing Episodes Of Doctor-Who Found In Nigeria by texanomaly(f): 8:52pm On Oct 11, 2013
Realdeals: If you are born in the 1990's pls don't comment kiss
Hahahahahaha

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mo Adeniran Wins The Voice UK 2017 (Photos) / Evicted BBNaija Star, Amaka, Gifted 2 Huge Money Cakes By Fans / Notable Female Filmmakers Calling The Shots

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.