Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,884 members, 7,802,853 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:26 PM

Extremely Disappointed With PES 2014 - Gaming (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Extremely Disappointed With PES 2014 (29410 Views)

PES 2014 And FIFA 14 For PC / Real: Download Pes 2014 Mobile Game For Free Here / FIFA 2014 VS PES 2014:let The Battle Begin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Extremely Disappointed With PES 2014 by jmaine: 11:07pm On Oct 25, 2013
binhozie:

This fella know his FIFA lmao...
I was forced to learn tactical defending since I had to play online
I hated it at first, but guess what? I totally can't even dare contemplate legacy now.
My opponents absolutely hate when I jockey against them. They're standing there doing all sorts of head spining moves willing me to come and tackle and my player just stands there watching and waiting like "errm..bro what are you doing?" grin
Moreover I've adapted my fingers on the controller such that I can constantly execute teammate contain.
Shirt pulling too...if I near you forget it, na "Reeeeeeeef" you go dey shout. I play both FIFA 13 and 14...but only 13 online as the other console is hacked. I eat div 1 teams for brunch...I'm Baaaaad

I believe you bruv grin . . . .

When you go Tactical defending, you don't settle for less cool

Na the Shirt pulling dey sweet pass . . cheesy
Re: Extremely Disappointed With PES 2014 by kimco(m): 11:08am On Oct 27, 2013
lalaboi:

It is not forced. Only shows u are used to presing X and expect the dummy to go pick up d ball. With tactical you have to be the one to 'make the tackle' . .

if I've played pes 5 and 6 u'd know that FIFA' "tactical defending" is a forced on thing. in those games pressing the x doesn't automatically get u the balls. if u don't tym it well ur opponent will blaze past u easy. the very freedom it offers is light years ahead of FIFA tactical defending. tactical defending is still a lock on heat seeking missile type of defending, don't let the placebo effects fool u. jux cos legacy defending is automatic doesn't make tactical defending the best. compare it with the best that is the one on pes 5 and 6
Re: Extremely Disappointed With PES 2014 by kimco(m): 11:11am On Oct 27, 2013
jmaine:

I believe you bruv grin . . . .

When you go Tactical defending, you don't settle for less cool

Na the Shirt pulling dey sweet pass . . cheesy

which and which is less
Re: Extremely Disappointed With PES 2014 by jmaine: 5:41pm On Oct 27, 2013
kimco:

which and which is less

Legacy Defending is less . . . . . .Tactical Defending is way superior cool
Re: Extremely Disappointed With PES 2014 by Wan47(m): 7:52am On Oct 29, 2013
Jst got pes2014 yday on my laptoq n I was also disappointed.... Pes was startin 2 luk lyk fifa.... Everytin abt it luks cartoonic n y d f**k do de keep control d ball b4 a shot or pass? Bt any it tink de'r other gud part 2 it lyk d heart rate, etc and its a new engine so mayb lyk pes2011 was, pes2015 is going to corect much of d flaws n become awesum..... Anyway am plannin' to stick wit pes. I MUST FORCE MYSEF LIKE AM

1 Like

Re: Extremely Disappointed With PES 2014 by kimco(m): 11:29pm On Oct 29, 2013
jmaine:

Legacy Defending is less . . . . . .Tactical Defending is way superior cool

well u're ryt on that one. but tactical defending isn't as tactical for me anyways. till date the pes 5 defending style is the best. no body can deny DAT.

1 Like

Re: Extremely Disappointed With PES 2014 by jmaine: 11:56pm On Oct 29, 2013
kimco:

well u're ryt on that one. but tactical defending isn't as tactical for me anyways. till date the pes 5 defending style is the best. no body can deny DAT.

Though i really enjoyed PES 5 on the Xbox, but We all know that is now a long History grin

1 Like

Re: Extremely Disappointed With PES 2014 by Adekayero(m): 10:45am On Oct 30, 2013
go get fifa14 bro.
mickyarams: 13 for me was class. I enjoyed it to death and having played the 14 demo I thought it was good. Since 2010 I always got fifa and pes but after playing both 14 demo's, I decided I wanted only pes. Now I feel like doing a shit on the thing.

What's with the defenders getting ridiculous bursts of speed? Hangeland is not Puyol. The collision engine is seriously fubar. There's been moments where my players have got entangled and nobodies moved. And the same if the ball goes past a player - they stand and f*cking watch!!! Sorry for the anger but its a mess. The passing is also prompting players not to chase the ball when played to them. They seem to just stop running and watch it roll. THEN, 1st time shots. This has really pissed me off. As rooney, I strike at goal, keeper saves, rebound falls to RVP, is first time strike goal, I press square - he flaps up the ball with this ridiculously slow bring down and gets tackled. Thing is I saw the power bar, so why did he control it?!?! WHY?? What the f*ck have they done to this game? Its never going to be perfect, it never will. I accept there's things that will be messy but this is just awful. I find it unplayable at times and I am to say at the least, disappointed.

Apologies for the ranting but I needed to vent it because it seems worse than the demo ffs.

Anyone else noticed these issues?
Re: Extremely Disappointed With PES 2014 by dinoxiv(m): 10:14pm On Oct 31, 2013
Just began my very own AFCON grin cheesy

Looking to start a Co-Op season... if u play online PC & ur tyt add me via my origin id donaldxiv
Re: Extremely Disappointed With PES 2014 by dinoxiv(m): 10:43pm On Oct 31, 2013
Re: Extremely Disappointed With PES 2014 by kimco(m): 12:09am On Nov 01, 2013
dino_xiv: Just began my very own AFCON grin cheesy

Looking to start a Co-Op season... if u play online PC & ur tyt add me via my origin id donaldxiv

u actually bought the game? that's a rare sight.
Re: Extremely Disappointed With PES 2014 by kimco(m): 12:16am On Nov 01, 2013
jmaine:

Though i really enjoyed PES 5 on the Xbox, but We all know that is now a long History grin

I still play it on PC with kitsever which improve graphics very much and latest option files. the game still plays better than FIFA 14 despite it flaws and dated mechanics. if a 9 ur old game can have better ball physics, net animation, goal celebrations which make u feel alive, proper cup celebration and proper use of player stats, jell even a wider pitch and obviously great refs and gud defending mechanics than a game in this day and age, then u know ea have been feeding us bs.

1 Like

Re: Extremely Disappointed With PES 2014 by lalaboi(m): 8:06am On Nov 01, 2013
@kimco

This thread is about PES 2014. The game you referenced is PES against fifa. Fifa is feeding you BS? How about what the same company, PES has been feeding you? and NO that 9year old game is nowhere near better than fifa 12 or 13 at that.
Re: Extremely Disappointed With PES 2014 by jmaine: 2:31pm On Nov 01, 2013
kimco:
I still play it on PC with kitsever which improve graphics very much and latest option files. the game still plays better than FIFA 14 despite it flaws and dated mechanics. if a 9 ur old game can have better ball physics, net animation, goal celebrations which make u feel alive, proper cup celebration and proper use of player stats, jell even a wider pitch and obviously great refs and gud defending mechanics than a game in this day and age, then u know ea have been feeding us bs.

Hello bruv, please slow your roll right there .No soccer game has better real life customized goal celebrations than FIFA current editions. And the gameplay of FIFA is superb .

I remember fooling people several times who thought they were watching a live football match when in actual fact we were playing FIFA 12 with our control pads hidden.

No defending supercedes tactical defending in FIFA if mastered, and that's a huge fact.

It makes no sense glorifying a 9 yr old forgotten game .We are talking about FIFA 14 Vs PES 14.
Re: Extremely Disappointed With PES 2014 by jmaine: 2:33pm On Nov 01, 2013
lalaboi: @kimco

This thread is about PES 2014. The game you referenced is PES against fifa. Fifa is feeding you BS? How about what the same company, PES has been feeding you? and NO that 9year old game is nowhere near better than fifa 12 or 13 at that.

My sentiments exactly. . . . .
Re: Extremely Disappointed With PES 2014 by Wan47(m): 11:05pm On Nov 02, 2013
U stil play pes5 because ur damn pc cant play dix latest version or u jst 2 old fashion 2 adapt 2 new tech.... Dats d ugly truth bro
Re: Extremely Disappointed With PES 2014 by rezy15(m): 8:07am On Nov 03, 2013
Cyberbunk gaming on whatsapp is a real time community wher we swap ideas, advertise games, make game sales and exchange gaming experiences. We also hv a game modder in d house. Drop ur number to be added and begin chatting with like minded shooters and looters in real-time.
Re: Extremely Disappointed With PES 2014 by kimco(m): 9:38am On Nov 03, 2013
Wan47: U stil play pes5 because ur damn pc cant play dix latest version or u jst 2 old fashion 2 adapt 2 new tech.... Dats d ugly truth bro

thats funny cos i can swear i have a msi gaming laptop with an a10 amd cpu and 7970m gpu...which im sure completely destroys ur grandfather's laptop that u use to game. even if it's an i7 lappy with intel "gpu" it's nowhere near mine. but i might be wrong...besyds u know me better than i know myself.

1 Like

Re: Extremely Disappointed With PES 2014 by kimco(m): 10:04am On Nov 03, 2013
jmaine:

Hello bruv, please slow your roll right there .No soccer game has better real life customized goal celebrations than FIFA current editions. And the gameplay of FIFA is superb .

I remember fooling people several times who thought they were watching a live football match when in actual fact we were playing FIFA 12 with our control pads hidden.

No defending supercedes tactical defending in FIFA if mastered, and that's a huge fact.

It makes no sense glorifying a 9 yr old forgotten game .We are talking about FIFA 14 Vs PES 14.

hahahahahaha...sir did u jux say forgotten game? please educate urself b4 u say these things. pes 5 and 6 communities are still alive and kicking. online is booming and free. u dnt need to buy the game to play online cos even a pirated version is allowed. legendary games never die. halflife 2 and quake games are other egs.

i used pes 5 and 6 to combat the guys who claimed tactical defending is the best... so pls dont be a hippocrite. the thread was about pes 14 then others ruined it with fifa 14 and now im getting put down for replying to them. wow.

please goto forums where people who compete online for money and glory give u their take on ur so called tactical defending. facts indeed. compare it with legacy defending and these new pes on the ps3 and 360 cos they're defending is shite.

fifa has the aesthetic looks not the gameplay. if thats what u're happy about then dats sad. on a gameplay level anybody can tell u pes 5 and 6 are far ahead of fifa.

i said nothing about custom celebration. has anybody not realised that only two people can really celebrate a goal..the others jux stay back either bowing down to the scorer from a distance or dnt come near atall. even last minute goals where u'd expect a full on pile up from players jux like in pes. if for u thats the best then i'm sorry u are easily convinced. i said celebrations that make u feel alive and fifa doesnt offer that. it's rly boring... but the kids love it so ea kept it cos it means more sales. yes fifa has the best custom celebration because it's the only football game with one in there. doesn't make it the best. hardcore gamers want it out. u know when sometyms u score a screamer and u urself want to celebrate so u leave ur pad and go gaga..imagine what the player in the game does. yep...some random crap which isnt inspiring atall.

answered ur question from buttom to top.
Re: Extremely Disappointed With PES 2014 by kimco(m): 10:12am On Nov 03, 2013
lalaboi: @kimco

i hate the new games...konami too have been feeding us bs. but atleast im not praising them like others are, ea. i said to take tym for the new game cos i see potential, not calling it the best. saying it a pes thread yet ignoring the others who brought up fifa 14 is very hippocritical of u. i jux replied to them. why dnt u go tell them too

and yess on a gameplay level it crushes any fifa any day. fifa is better in modes, animation and commentary oh and leagues too and skills. i guess dats what the masses want...easy to pick up games that have flash.
Re: Extremely Disappointed With PES 2014 by kimco(m): 10:14am On Nov 03, 2013
jmaine:

My sentiments exactly. . . . .

then u sir are a hippocrite too.
Re: Extremely Disappointed With PES 2014 by Wan47(m): 10:17am On Nov 03, 2013
kimco:

thats funny cos i can swear i have a msi gaming laptop with an a10 amd cpu and 7970m gpu...which im sure completely destroys ur grandfather's laptop that u use to game. even if it's an i7 lappy with intel "gpu" it's nowhere near mine. but i might be wrong...besyds u know me better than i know myself.

No offence bro bt I reli enjoy d pes13 n nw beginnin 2 like pes14 esp dier heart system n some lovely celebration (wen nani or cr7 scores an fk).... Bt I stil dnt undastand y u'r stil on pes5!
Re: Extremely Disappointed With PES 2014 by kimco(m): 10:34am On Nov 03, 2013
Wan47:
No offence bro bt I reli enjoy d pes13 n nw beginnin 2 like pes14 esp dier heart system n some lovely celebration (wen nani or cr7 scores an fk).... Bt I stil dnt undastand y u'r stil on pes5!

cos i want to wait till they have patched the response issues and goalkeepers and the defence. which is due this month. the response esp is really bothering me even tho ive gotten used to it.
Re: Extremely Disappointed With PES 2014 by ritchboy(m): 4:35pm On Nov 03, 2013
Kimco has an idea what he's talking about. . . PES 5 is still the greatest footie game ever made. And yes the gameplay mechanics blow FIFA 14 to orbit, relatively speaking.
Re: Extremely Disappointed With PES 2014 by Wan47(m): 6:04pm On Nov 03, 2013
kimco:

cos i want to wait till they have patched the response issues and goalkeepers and the defence. which is due this month. the response esp is really bothering me even tho ive gotten used to it.

n dier controls.... De trap balls too much, even in front of an empty goal... D defenders does dat too... Its reli anoyin. I cant wait 4 d patch
Re: Extremely Disappointed With PES 2014 by jmaine: 10:54pm On Nov 03, 2013
kimco:

hahahahahaha...sir did u jux say forgotten game? please educate urself b4 u say these things. pes 5 and 6 communities are still alive and kicking. online is booming and free. u dnt need to buy the game to play online cos even a pirated version is allowed. legendary games never die. halflife 2 and quake games are other egs.

i used pes 5 and 6 to combat the guys who claimed tactical defending is the best... so pls dont be a hippocrite. the thread was about pes 14 then others ruined it with fifa 14 and now im getting put down for replying to them. wow.

please goto forums where people who compete online for money and glory give u their take on ur so called tactical defending. facts indeed. compare it with legacy defending and these new pes on the ps3 and 360 cos they're defending is shite.

fifa has the aesthetic looks not the gameplay. if thats what u're happy about then dats sad. on a gameplay level anybody can tell u pes 5 and 6 are far ahead of fifa.

i said nothing about custom celebration. has anybody not realised that only two people can really celebrate a goal..the others jux stay back either bowing down to the scorer from a distance or dnt come near atall. even last minute goals where u'd expect a full on pile up from players jux like in pes. if for u thats the best then i'm sorry u are easily convinced. i said celebrations that make u feel alive and fifa doesnt offer that. it's rly boring... but the kids love it so ea kept it cos it means more sales. yes fifa has the best custom celebration because it's the only football game with one in there. doesn't make it the best. hardcore gamers want it out. u know when sometyms u score a screamer and u urself want to celebrate so u leave ur pad and go gaga..imagine what the player in the game does. yep...some random crap which isnt inspiring atall.

answered ur question from buttom to top.

please look up the meaning of hypocrite before misapplying it.

This thread is about PES 14, and we have FIFA 14 at the other end of it. So those doing contemporary comparison with either games is valid. And this doesn't change the fact that yapping on 9 year old forgotten game makes less sense .

Tactical defending supercedes Legacy defending when mastered. Only noobs who don't know how to utilize tactical defending whine to no where.

Dude, having an active community maintaining an old platform doesn't equate to huge desirability, interest and followership. It's like grandstanding on the defunct Symbian/maemo OS, simply because a small community are still active on it

Mr Man PES 05/06 is technically dead to a vast majority of gamers. Your trying to use the desires of an infinitesimal few to mirror the majority of active gamers falls flat on the face of simple logic.

When you go FIFA , PES becomes another pile of boring shyte.
Re: Extremely Disappointed With PES 2014 by jmaine: 11:04pm On Nov 03, 2013
kimco:

then u sir are a hippocrite too.

Stop using words aimlessly dude, what is the hypocrisy on this thread.

You have your views and i have mine, so keep the hypocrisy crap out of our discuss.
Re: Extremely Disappointed With PES 2014 by kimco(m): 7:52am On Nov 04, 2013
jmaine:

Stop using words aimlessly dude, what is the hypocrisy on this thread.

You have your views and i have mine, so keep the hypocrisy crap out of our discuss.

the hipocrisy in this is that u called me out for replying u guys when i pointed out fifa's flaws. saying that it was a pes 14 thread yet havent said nothing to those who began talking about fifa 14 in pes 14 thread
u're back tracking heavily now if u're gonna by the "they are competing product" argument now. because u werent saying that b4.

and i made reference to pes 5 and 6 because u guys called"tactical" defending the best. im trying to tell u it's not the best. or r u saying that because it's fifa 14 the only comparison shud be pes 14? i didnt even know that. is that how arguments roll here. if u claim something is the best u must be ready to defend it. which u are failing quite miserably at. looks like all u do is follow the crowd when u have no idea why u like the thing even.

and if u say that the pes 5 and 6 community is small then i have nothing to say to u. again u have proven ur ignorance to be part of u. there are servers for every major country and cross servers. they are huge, kitservers on high demands, option files almost every month. casual gamers have moved on from pes 5 and 6, u mean. that wudn't be surprising...thats what they do...follow the new trend.

if u want me to stop calling u Hippocrate the stop behaving like one.
Re: Extremely Disappointed With PES 2014 by kimco(m): 8:03am On Nov 04, 2013
jmaine:

please look up the meaning of hypocrite before misapplying it.

This thread is about PES 14, and we have FIFA 14 at the other end of it. So those doing contemporary comparison with either games is valid. And this doesn't change the fact that yapping on 9 year old forgotten game makes less sense .

Tactical defending supercedes Legacy defending when mastered. Only noobs who don't know how to utilize tactical defending whine to no where.

Dude, having an active community maintaining an old platform doesn't equate to huge desirability, interest and followership. It's like grandstanding on the defunct Symbian/maemo OS, simply because a small community are still active on it

Mr Man PES 05/06 is technically dead to a vast majority of gamers. Your trying to use the desires of an infinitesimal few to mirror the majority of active gamers falls flat on the face of simple logic.

When you go FIFA , PES becomes another pile of boring shyte.
ur symbian maemo meego analogy is heavily flawed. if u were to say ios 7 or android jb 4.3 were the best in multitasking i cud use the symbian to rebut that declaration. thats that mean I'm dwelling on them? please ma guy u better come better than this.

again like i said in my previous post fifa games are games that get forgotten when the new one is in. pes 5 and 6 have had active server since the were realeased so please tell me which one u think is better. justin biever has a massive fan base but he is a flash in the pan. Beethoven's music have less fanbase compared to biever but we know which is better. the everlasting attribute of these products make them timeless.
Re: Extremely Disappointed With PES 2014 by kimco(m): 8:07am On Nov 04, 2013
Wan47:
n dier controls.... De trap balls too much, even in front of an empty goal... D defenders does dat too... Its reli anoyin. I cant wait 4 d patch

exactly...even the winningeleven games on ps1 cud do one touch shots without always trapping them. oh dear...i hope I'm not dwelling on them too.
Re: Extremely Disappointed With PES 2014 by jmaine: 9:59am On Nov 04, 2013
kimco:

the hipocrisy in this is that u called me out for replying u guys when i pointed out fifa's flaws. saying that it was a pes 14 thread yet havent said nothing to those who began talking about fifa 14 in pes 14 thread

Dude stop exhibiting unusual naivety, you can't expect peeps not to mention FIFA 14 on a PES 14 thread considering the strong rivalry between both.

Labelling others hypocrites simply because we countered your post says a lot about you.

Learn how to use word appropriately and spare the nonsense.

kimco:

u're back tracking heavily now if u're gonna by the "they are competing product" argument now. because u werent saying that b4..

What the hell are you saying, makes no sense. undecided.

kimco:

and i made reference to pes 5 and 6 because u guys called"tactical" defending the best. im trying to tell u it's not the best. or r u saying that because it's fifa 14 the only comparison shud be pes 14? i didnt even know that. is that how arguments roll here. if u claim something is the best u must be ready to defend it. which u are failing quite miserably at. looks like all u do is follow the crowd when u have no idea why u like the thing even.

Dude we are talking about current soccer series and not some 9 year old game forgotten by a vast majority

If we say Tactical Defending is better than legacy defending, tell me how we defaulted in that based on current experience

You have been the dude arguing miserably trying to force feed us with your nostalgic indulgence for no good at all.

And i gave you specific reasons i preferred tactical to legacy ,while you kept yapping about that on PES 05 without tenable reasons to back it up.

You might need to wear your glasses to peruse this thread for my bullet points preference on Tactical defending.

kimco:

and if u say that the pes 5 and 6 community is small then i have nothing to say to u..

Not surprising at all to me.

kimco:
again u have proven ur ignorance to be part of u..

Until you show otherwise, the ignorance is fully yours and sadly embedded.

kimco:
there are servers for every major country and cross servers. they are huge, kitservers on high demands, option files almost every month. casual gamers have moved on from pes 5 and 6, u mean. that wudn't be surprising...thats what they do...follow the new trend...

In most tech platforms, a healthy and overwhelming majority of those who purchase and play the game are those we term as casuals.

The casual tech adopters are always the majority.

kimco:
if u want me to stop calling u Hippocrate the stop behaving like one...

If calling me an hypocrite makes you wet your pants, please be my guest and indulge yourself.
Re: Extremely Disappointed With PES 2014 by Nobody: 10:08am On Nov 04, 2013
Oboi...Jmaine dey school niggas for this thread sha. grin

Fifa 14 na wash still...Na Pes14 over washness na en save am undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

HELP!! Cheats For Unlimited Coin For Dream League Soccer 2016 / !!yes!!! How To Play Multiplayer On Ppsspp Using Pes 2016 **picz** **hot** / Thread For Bullet Force FPS Gamers In Naija

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.